Anime Central Forums: 2011 Masquerade: Info here (more over time!) - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2011 Masquerade: Info here (more over time!)

#1 User is offline   sabre 

• Masquerade DH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 7153

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:29 PM

Greetings all!

Hi, I'm Sabre, the Masquerade DH for ACEN 2011!

Since you all are here, I suppose it's time for me to be here as well.

1st, pre-registration dates!

Pre-registration is up as of January 1, 2011; you can find the form here. It will close on 3/31 or when the skits (25 max) and walkons (75 max) fill up.

2nd, rules.

You can find them here

3rd,

I travel for a living (ugh). I should be hitting the forums every couple days, but if I'm not online during the weekend, it's because I'm enjoying being home -- I'll be back on Monday ;)

Questions? Go for it! (I may remove your post, adding your question and the answer to this thread)

#2 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:34 PM

I have 2 questions I've been wanting to ask for awhile. Are we allowed to "transform" during a walk-on as long as it's like 20 seconds or under? Like for example only, like Samus going to Zero-suit or something? And from any transformation for that matter, the person would walk off the stage, so will there be helpers to help carry our costume off the stage if we need so?

Thanks. :)
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#3 User is offline   sabre 

• Masquerade DH
  • PipPip

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:50 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 15 November 2010 - 07:34 PM, said:

I have 2 questions I've been wanting to ask for awhile. Are we allowed to "transform" during a walk-on as long as it's like 20 seconds or under? Like for example only, like Samus going to Zero-suit or something? And from any transformation for that matter, the person would walk off the stage, so will there be helpers to help carry our costume off the stage if we need so?

Thanks. :)

Yes, you can "transform" if you can get on stage, transform, and then be off stage in 15-20 seconds. You'll need to bring your own helpers -- and since this sounds big, please PM me. I'm going to need some details and I'm going to make sure you have some details about the stage as well.

<BTW: I'll chop and move this into the FAQ in a week or so>

#4 User is offline   pepe_rei 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 21427

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:05 PM

Hi this is also a 2 part question. Question 1: Is acen a pre-qualifier for the yume cosplay contest again this year? Question 2: Can I enter the masquerade craftsmanship with 1 cosplay and enter a different cosplay into the yume contest?

#5 User is offline   pepe_rei 

• Pip

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:08 PM

actually theres a third part to my question. I remember having the enter the contest in teams last year but, I was wondering if both cosplays still have to be from the same series.

#6 User is offline   sabre 

• Masquerade DH
  • PipPip

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:22 PM

Regarding Yume:

I believe that we will be a qualifier -- I should know soon. That said, I anticipate things will remain the same as last year, so:
1) both participants will need to utilize the same source material, and
2) the costume you use for Yume will be the same costume which is part of ACEN's masquerade (there's only so many hours in the day)

#7 User is offline   PikaAxel20 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 43590

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:56 AM

Question~

When you are getting ready to register, for a skit, do we go to you? or do we have to see someone else?
Ok 2014 line-ups (subject to change)

Searh Farron--Final fantasy 13 (100% complete)
Otoya----uta no prince sama 1000% love debut (100% complete)
Mystery cosplay for the Distant Worlds concert! (100% complete)
3DS friend code: 0259-0724-4564

#8 User is offline   vika838 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58943

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:57 AM

Hello Sabre,

I have a few brief questions:

1. Where on the website should we look on Jan. 1st to register to perform in the Masquerade, and are there any special instructions (ex. must register for the con first, etc?).

2. I have a six ft. tall prop that I would be using in my skit (I'm 5.5 ft. tall) is this ok?

3. I wouldn't be using this prop till halfway through my skit (a dance really) and I have a friend who would be willing to set the prop for me (nothing more complicated than laying it on the floor of the stage, no assembly required) would that be allowed?

Thanks Sabre and Happy New Year!
Love and Peace!

Vika!

#9 User is offline   sabre 

• Masquerade DH
  • PipPip

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:30 AM

PikaAxel: there's a pre-registration form. Fill it out so I have some details and we'll go from there :) (and yes, it ends up in my hands eventually!)

Vika:
#1: the pre-reg form is available via this link
#2: 6ft is fine. If it fits through a standard home entry door, I don't even blink.
#3: Yes. Note that your friend is what we call a "stage ninja," so sign them up as part of your act!

#10 User is offline   pepe_rei 

• Pip

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:47 PM

Hi I have another question. I'm not sure if there is any more info on yume but, it is yume related. I was wondering if me and my partner enter separate craftsmanship tiers for the masquerade, if we could still enter yume as a team.

#11 User is offline   Kagayaki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19711

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:04 PM

How much of the costume would be considered 80% made? I'm trying to enter a walk-on as Mitsuki Koyama from Full Moon wo Sagashite, and she wears a pink dress with tights and a shirt underneath (link later). I already bought the tights and the shirt, but I'm making the dress which is the main part of the outfit. I bought the shoes, but I'm painting them, and re-styling a wig that was already partially made. I know this sounds really dumb, but I'm kind of asking if you would consider it too many storebought things to enter.

And a separate question, will there be a hallway cosplay contest this year?

#12 User is offline   sabre 

• Masquerade DH
  • PipPip

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:31 PM

@ pepe: since yume is essentially a different event, yes you & your partner could enter different tiers for ACEN's masquerade and still be a ume team.

@ Kagayaki: Yes, there will be a hallway cosplay contest this year. it's 60%, not 80 (I wonder if I mistyped something somewhere). Since you're doing the dress, shoes (modification), and wig, I think you're okay ;)

#13 User is offline   Kagayaki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19711

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:08 AM

I think in the faq, you typed 80%. You might want to fix that. Do they go by the same rules as the walk-on or are there any differences?

So, I'll go with my Mitsuki cosplay then. Wish me luck!

#14 User is offline   Rin Haku 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 30232

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:26 PM

I put novice as my category for craftsmanship for my walk-on because I misjudged my abilities… (he he) Is there any way I could change it to Journeymen?
Its ok to cry when your sad because, one day, those tears will give you the strenth to smile again."Maybe somewhere out there even a devil may cry when he loses a loved one. Don’t you think?"

#15 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:10 PM

Yeah I put novice for myself too, but what exactly did the "none" level mean? I was kind of confused because "none" was not in the FAQs, so I just put myself as novice. Was there a significant difference of "none" and "novice?" I'm just wondering. Thanks :)
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#16 User is offline   The Creeper 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 5233

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:22 PM

I had 2 questions regarding the Hallway masquerade.

1# Will there be a sign up sheet or link on this forum for it or do we have to sign up at the door only at the con itself?

2# I know the same cosplay cannot be judged in both the Hallway and the Masquerade. But what if I wore a cosplay that got judged for craftsmanship at the Hallway masquerade and then wore the same outfit for the masquerade but ONLY for a walk on which means I WOULD NOT be judged for craftsmanship in the Masquerade. Would that be allowed or must I wear two completely different cosplays for the Hallway and main masquerade regardless?
ACen 2013 Cosplays:
Van of the Dawn - Gun X Sword

Bloody Radditz - Dragon Ball Z

#17 User is offline   sabre 

• Masquerade DH
  • PipPip

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:28 PM

@ Rin: I'll send you an email (most likely Friday) to which you can respond and tell me to change you to a Journeyman (don't give me your real name here)

@ Mokoto: "none" is a default that tells me that person isn't actually participating in craftsmanship even if they are part of the masquerade. (note to self: modify form to clarify)

@ The creeper:
#1: Hall cosplay is something you do @ con. There isn't a sign-up prior to ACEN.
#2: If you wear a costume for hall cosplay, please don't wear it for the masquerade (even if you're only doing a walk-on).

#18 User is offline   dylonlee 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59190

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

I signed up for skit during the masquerade. How will I know if I can do it?

#19 User is offline   Terea 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 11511

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

I answered my own question. Sorry to bother you :< It seems like my skit is too long, so I guess 3 minutes is my down side D:

This post has been edited by Terea: 11 January 2011 - 10:26 PM

Acen 2010, HERE I COME!

Cosplay, done with my fiance

Sanji - Female and male couple - One Piece
Beatrice and Battler couple - Umineko
Wizard couple - Ragnarok Online

You can reach me VIA AIM [Haruhinoyutsu77] and MSN[blackarrowtera@hotmail.com]

#20 User is offline   sabre 

• Masquerade DH
  • PipPip

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:15 PM

@Dylonlee: you should get an email from me within a week of your pre-registration ;)

#21 User is offline   dylonlee 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59190

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:01 PM

i'm sorry for bugging you, but i still haven't gotten an email. :\

#22 User is offline   sabre 

• Masquerade DH
  • PipPip

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:18 PM

I'll PM you for your email address so that I can hunt down what might have happened.

#23 User is offline   ShortSpike 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3598

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:02 AM

Has anything been officially confirmed concerning the Yume competition this year?
I know it was very last minute last year and the performance section was not required-I'm curious to know what the guidelines are this year.

I'd love to hear any info possible!!

Thanks!
Provehito in Altum.

#24 User is offline   Hai 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59123

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:35 PM

If my friend and I are going as a duo, should I sign us up separately but have us walk onstage at the same time?
'10
Mike Meekins/Mary Morstan/Lithuania/Cyndaquil/Penny/RED Scoutmom
'11
Mike Meekins (Ace Attorney)
Thomas Bangalter (Daft Punk; Electroma outfit) (bringing a Guy-Manuel along, too)

#25 User is offline   chamgirl89 

• Tentacle Glomper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10098

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:42 PM

Will my female Broly costume be accepted? Don't worry, everything will be covered up. I'm mainly asking because it's a fanart of Broly from DBZ and I'm just curious is all ^^;
Tekosexual

cosplay plans for '14- Friday: Battle City Mai Valentine (Yugioh), gijinka Tentacool (Pokemon). Saturday: Casual Mamoru (Sailor Moon), Gracia Hughes (original FMA), Lady Bow (Paper Mario), Fluttershy (MLP: Friendship is Magic)

add me on Facebook!

#26 User is offline   sabre 

• Masquerade DH
  • PipPip

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:48 PM

If my friend and I are going as a duo, should I sign us up separately but have us walk onstage at the same time?

Nope, sign up as a group walk-on. The form will get both of your names. :)

Will my female Broly costume be accepted? Don't worry, everything will be covered up. I'm mainly asking because it's a fanart of Broly from DBZ and I'm just curious is all ^^;

You need to provide source images. I'd strongly suggest providing both the fan art and images from the show of the true Broly so that you can discuss the hows and whys of the change. You're going to want colors/basic structure/shape of costume (excepting the bare chest ;) ) to match up, since you want to show how your costume matches with your chosen character.

#27 User is offline   chamgirl89 

• Tentacle Glomper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10098

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:20 PM

All right. Thanks for the info ^^
Tekosexual

cosplay plans for '14- Friday: Battle City Mai Valentine (Yugioh), gijinka Tentacool (Pokemon). Saturday: Casual Mamoru (Sailor Moon), Gracia Hughes (original FMA), Lady Bow (Paper Mario), Fluttershy (MLP: Friendship is Magic)

add me on Facebook!

#28 User is offline   BreBre716 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59491

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:31 AM

is this the same thing as the masquerade ball?
ACen 2014 COSPLAY

Minako Arisato/FemMC : Persona 3
100%
Misato Katusragi: Neon Genesis Evangelion 100%
Tidus 97%

#29 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

• Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 8636

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:37 PM

sry no
want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#30 User is offline   rinniheart 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59538

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:55 PM

Hello! I had sent in a form for the masquerade about 2 weeks ago and didn't hear a reply, so I sent a follow-up email about my registration process. I just wanted to know if it went through or not- email= <<removed>> Thanks
ACen 2014: Friday: all day; saturday/sunday- up in the air of whether I will attend
costumes: Rue: leotard (Princess Tutu),Evil Queen Regina (Once Upon A Time episode 1x07)- *maybe*, Karen (Harvest Moon 64)

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users