Anime Central Forums: You thought YOU were excited about the new Call of Duty? - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

You thought YOU were excited about the new Call of Duty? Compare yourself to these guys and tell me that.

#31 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:17 AM

View PostSir Viver, on 17 November 2010 - 11:41 PM, said:

Hasn't it been less than a year since the last CoD game, Modern Warfail 2, reared its ugly head? Talk about milking the cow. CoD is the new Madden.

Where have you been that this was breaking news? o-o
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#32 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:00 AM

View PostSir Viver, on 17 November 2010 - 11:41 PM, said:

Hasn't it been less than a year since the last CoD game, Modern Warfail 2, reared its ugly head? Talk about milking the cow. CoD is the new Madden.

This is not new. There have been two separate studios developing CoD games simultaneously and releasing them in alternating years for some time now.
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#33 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 45691

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:14 AM

Fine, CoD has been the new old new Madden for quite some time now. :/
Soul of the mind, key to life's ether...
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel...
Let strength be granted so the world might be mended...
So the world might be mended...

#34 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:57 AM

That's better
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#35 User is offline   basili1250 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 51718

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:18 PM

The storyline and over games created by Infinity Ward rule. Treyarch just hasn't figured out it isn't a film studio yet
ACen 2009: Industrial Steam Punk
ACen 2010: Batou (first Ghost in the Shell film appearance)
ACen 2011: Human cosplay
ACen 2012: Father Cornello (FMA)
ACen 2013: Wreck-It-Ralph, Free (Soul Eater
ACen 2014: Iskander/Rider (Fate/Zero)

#36 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:04 AM

So I finally got to play Black Ops at a friends house. We only played the multiplayer but from playing it a few hours it just felt like a expansion pack more then a game. Sure I do like how you can have split screen multiplayer and spend your money on whatever type of guns you want but it's just not enough for me. Heck I didn't even pay full price for MW2 and then Activision wanted you to shell out 30 more bucks for only 10 maps and I'm betting they will do the same thing again with this game. If the single player campaign is better and longer the MW2 I still might get it a few months from now....maybe. But for now, I'm glad i'm staying away.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#37 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:59 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 19 November 2010 - 07:04 AM, said:

Heck I didn't even pay full price for MW2 and then Activision wanted you to shell out 30 more bucks for only 10 maps and I'm betting they will do the same thing again with this game.

People fail to realize one thing. That World at War's three packs cost 30 dollars as well but you got only 9 Multiplayer maps and 3 Zombie Maps. With MW2 you got 6 new maps with 4 re-skins for 30 dollars. I'd say the trade off is somewhat worth it in favor of W@W there, but it's still technically one less map than MW2 if you never EVER played Zombies mode.

And this is assuming you did not hold out for the money saving three pack that was released shortly before MW2.

If the single player campaign is better and longer the MW2 I still might get it a few months from now....maybe. But for now, I'm glad i'm staying away.

Better? By far. Longer? It's debatable, but the substance presented spans over an entire decade from The Bay of Pigs to Vietnam, and it's all presented in wonderful flashback-o-vision. Trust me when I say it was much better than the MW2 single player.

And did you try getting out of the chair? There's a whole new world to explore when you do.

#38 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:34 PM

View PostKirbyFanOne, on 19 November 2010 - 12:59 PM, said:

People fail to realize one thing. That World at War's three packs cost 30 dollars as well but you got only 9 Multiplayer maps and 3 Zombie Maps. With MW2 you got 6 new maps with 4 re-skins for 30 dollars. I'd say the trade off is somewhat worth it in favor of W@W there, but it's still technically one less map than MW2 if you never EVER played Zombies mode.

And this is assuming you did not hold out for the money saving three pack that was released shortly before MW2.
I wouldn't know about the W@W packs cuz I hated W@W when I played it at a friends house and never touched it again. lol.

Better? By far. Longer? It's debatable, but the substance presented spans over an entire decade from The Bay of Pigs to Vietnam, and it's all presented in wonderful flashback-o-vision. Trust me when I say it was much better than the MW2 single player.

And did you try getting out of the chair? There's a whole new world to explore when you do.

Well I never knew about the W@W packs cuz I only played W@W once and I hated it and never played it again. So I can't say much there.
I will proabably rent blackops when I get the chance and see. If it's longer then 5 hours and not same basic layout as the last one, it's better then MW2.

Meh, I can see the world from my tv. :P lol

This post has been edited by Dark Stranger: 20 November 2010 - 11:58 AM

"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#39 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:46 PM

At this point, I've come to a crashing halt. I cannot be arsed to go through the Veteran Campaign because enemy AI is cheap and allied AI is even more dumb than before (How I don't know). After dying many times with a smoke grenade in the air and still getting wasted across a long tunnel I just got tired.

Also I don't think I can deal with sitting through all the time needed to prestige, even if it only takes 50 levels. I got bored of this game in 10 days and unless I can snap out of the burnout I probably wont try campaign again. Just do yourself a favor and play the solo game at least once, I think it was the best of all the recent Call of Duty's but the multi-player still needs a bit of hammering out (For example, get rid of Nuketown on team games.)

#40 User is offline   Naruto9thDemon 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9171

Posted 25 December 2010 - 09:12 AM

Does anyone have Black Ops for the PC?
~* That's Right I'm Kira *~