Anime Central Forums: Pokemon Best Wishes - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pokemon Best Wishes the new Pokemon series in Japan

Poll: Pokemon Best Wishes (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like Pokemon Best Wishes?

1. Yes! (4 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. It's ok (3 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. No! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Havnt seen it or heard of it / dont care (5 votes [41.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

Do you like Team Rocket in this series?

1. I like them better now (3 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. I liked them when they were funny (4 votes [33.33%] - View)

3. Dosnt bother me (5 votes [41.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

Do you like the new Pokemon

1. My favorite Gen yet (1 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

2. They are ok (4 votes [33.33%] - View)

3. Dont like them (1 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

4. Dont really care... (6 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Floobersman 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 45609

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:44 AM

So I started watching the subs of the new Pokemon series Pokemon Best Wishes, currently airing in Japan, which is based of the new games Black and White in the Isshu region. And I really like it! Not as much as the original series but it is still good. It to me has a little less of that childish feeling and more of a older kid feel which is what I've been waiting for in a Pokemon series. The starter Pokemon are cool, I love Mijumaru! The two people that follow Ash are not bad (the girl kinda annoys me) And the most interesting Team Rocket is evil now. They aren't screw ups like before they are serious now which suks and is interesting. So what do you guys think of Best Wishes?
My Anime/Manga List
http://myanimelist.n...ist/Floobersman
If you like Rocket Japanese the online Japanese course then join my Facebook group: http://www.facebook....90673989?v=wall

#2 User is offline   Stkbayfield 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 29662

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:15 AM

Wait, Team Rocket as in the black shirts who are evil and ruthless or Team Rocket as in "Meowth that's right!". I find it hard to see Jessie and James being competant evil.

#3 User is offline   basili1250 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 51718

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:54 PM

My votes were made following the principle which dictates the answer to the following question-
Q: What do you call Pokemon 153+?

A: They are nothing, because the only real Pokemon are 1-152!!!
ACen 2009: Industrial Steam Punk
ACen 2010: Batou (first Ghost in the Shell film appearance)
ACen 2011: Human cosplay
ACen 2012: Father Cornello (FMA)
ACen 2013: Wreck-It-Ralph, Free (Soul Eater
ACen 2014: Iskander/Rider (Fate/Zero)

#4 User is offline   Floobersman 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:08 PM

Yes jessie james and meowth team rocket. They are evil now. And I was like that to but this series isn't that bad
My Anime/Manga List
If you like Rocket Japanese the online Japanese course then join my Facebook group: http://www.facebook....90673989?v=wall

#5 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:03 PM

I've been watching it since the first episode aired and it was pretty good. I hate Iris though. She's so ANNOYING!!! Mijumaru is so adorable though~
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#6 User is offline   Floobersman 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:55 AM

View PostLina, on 06 November 2010 - 10:03 PM, said:

I've been watching it since the first episode aired and it was pretty good. I hate Iris though. She's so ANNOYING!!! Mijumaru is so adorable though~

I know she is so annoying "your such a child" shut up! And I know Mijumaru is funny! My friend is a huge /tr/ainer and he then tells me that this series is better than the original series. He's stupid....
My Anime/Manga List

#7 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:03 PM

I like the part where Red sneaks aboard the SS Anne and theres a whole buncha voltorb and electrode, and red and his poliwrath run int Lt. Surge.
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#8 User is offline   basili1250 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 51718

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:41 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on 08 November 2010 - 03:03 PM, said:

I like the part where Red sneaks aboard the SS Anne and theres a whole buncha voltorb and electrode, and red and his poliwrath run int Lt. Surge.

I hear he has a rival as well somewhere attempting to become a Pokemon master before Red does?
ACen 2009: Industrial Steam Punk
ACen 2010: Batou (first Ghost in the Shell film appearance)
ACen 2011: Human cosplay
ACen 2012: Father Cornello (FMA)
ACen 2013: Wreck-It-Ralph, Free (Soul Eater
ACen 2014: Iskander/Rider (Fate/Zero)

#9 User is offline   TruSoldier 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 18013

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:03 AM

omg jst decided to check it out and u gotta be kiddin me the storylines such a rip off original 151 I mean come on a pokemon with glasses leadin others; a abandoned fire pokemon called weak; attackin swarm of birds they are pratically doin it scene for scene jst with new pokemon and faster this time

I mean it not a bad series from what I seen just come on I do like whole evil team rocket thing though kinda reminds me of when they first appeared jst more serious they became more and more a joke as the series kept going but now they goin back to to roots

My basic opinion of whole series that I have seen so far though is its goings back to the beginning because if you notice Ash is acting like a total noob and it is followin old scenarios

edit: Oh and also forgot Gym leader leaving gym to travel with Ash lmao the old becomes the new

This post has been edited by TruSoldier: 24 November 2010 - 10:56 AM

#10 User is offline   Pokemon Trainer 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 18178

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:43 AM

Best Wishes is great. I've been keeping up with the episodes since they started airing. I used to watch them live when they first aired, but lately I've only been keeping up with the subbed versions as they come out - the most recent being about the Yabukuron.

I don't think it has an 'older' feel really - it's still Pokémon. Iris doesn't bother me - do you guys even know who she is?

Mijumaru is funny because it doesn't like that it's cute. It tries to prove it's strong ... but only when it wants to.
Kibago is just cute - Kiba Kiba! - and turns into an awesome monster later.
Dent - what an articulate guy! I would love to be friends with him.
Team Rocket - whoah, what a change! Jessie and James have so much better technology this time. Giovanni must have a really serious plan in mind for Isshu. I can't wait until they encounter Team Plasma!

Which sub team's episodes have you guys been watching? I've been using #blackandwhitesubs because their SD is the only version that will play on my Wii.
"Hey all the meaningful plants, we won't last very long"
ACen '11 cosplay:
Red (Pokémon R/B) + Kouki/Lucas? + Ninten/Ness?

#11 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:51 PM

team rocket started off as a worthy challenge in the original, too.
they only became a pathetic gag enemy as satoshi became more and more competent as a pokemon trainer.

#12 User is offline   Pokemon Trainer 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 24 December 2010 - 04:42 AM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 23 December 2010 - 04:51 PM, said:

satoshi

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 23 December 2010 - 04:51 PM, said:

competent as a pokemon trainer

http://img.photobuck...on/001k4brd.gif

This post has been edited by Pokemon Trainer: 24 December 2010 - 04:44 AM

ACen '11 cosplay:

#13 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:29 PM

the whole series got confusing when they needed to search for thier tags and crests
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#14 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:20 PM

Never heard of this before today; stopped watching it after Misty left and May was introduced. I play the games but it's like I only played two: Pokemon red and Platinum.

Idk maybe I should like an oldie when I say I liked the first season XD

But going to check this out thanks
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#15 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:09 PM

Needs more Moochi and Swayzo

#16 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:18 PM

what about golem, tiger, and pixie, teko?
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#17 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:23 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on 03 January 2011 - 02:29 PM, said:

the whole series got confusing when they needed to search for thier tags and crests

how else would pikachu evolve into werepikamon, and charmander into metalcharmon, and caterpie into megacatermon, and pidgeotto into garudeottomon, and bulbasaur into lillysaurmon, and squirtle into zudosquirtlemon?
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#18 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:12 PM

View PostKasin, on 12 January 2011 - 12:23 PM, said:

how else would pikachu evolve into werepikamon, and charmander into metalcharmon, and caterpie into megacatermon, and pidgeotto into garudeottomon, and bulbasaur into lillysaurmon, and squirtle into zudosquirtlemon?

through clow cards?

#19 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:22 PM

naw, clow cards ares are for pokemon like eevee, to get to their multiple forms, remember?

Then medabeedrill, got the left arm of peppermeowth.

This post has been edited by Kasin: 12 January 2011 - 01:23 PM

#20 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:36 PM

View PostKasin, on 12 January 2011 - 01:22 PM, said:

naw, clow cards ares are for pokemon like eevee, to get to their multiple forms, remember?

Then medabeedrill, got the left arm of peppermeowth.

even then we'd have to hire some sort of time detective to help evolve em with his hammer

#21 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:43 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on 12 January 2011 - 02:36 PM, said:

even then we'd have to hire some sort of time detective to help evolve em with his hammer

So then they summoned the timewizard, to get the time detective.

the timewizard is also know as T.T. the time clock.

he raced back in the day with diddy kong, banjo, and conker.

This post has been edited by Kasin: 12 January 2011 - 02:44 PM

#22 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:44 AM

View PostKasin, on 12 January 2011 - 02:43 PM, said:

So then they summoned the timewizard, to get the time detective.

the timewizard is also know as T.T. the time clock.

he raced back in the day with diddy kong, banjo, and conker.

all of this in order to gain the Flying House in order to leave biblical times but due to them being in biblical times, they've created a paradox thus making current time only fixable by a certain bearer of a red cap with the uppercase greek Mu symbol on it

#23 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:46 AM

View PostTekoMuto, on 13 January 2011 - 07:44 AM, said:

all of this in order to gain the Flying House in order to leave biblical times but due to them being in biblical times, they've created a paradox thus making current time only fixable by a certain bearer of a red cap with the uppercase greek Mu symbol on it

Yes, and to do this they had to find the robot that would unlock the gate to the red capped one.

this would prove hard when your in a world that has "robots for every one".

#24 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:12 PM

View PostKasin, on 13 January 2011 - 11:46 AM, said:

Yes, and to do this they had to find the robot that would unlock the gate to the red capped one.

this would prove hard when your in a world that has "robots for every one".

But they needed to be rebooted cuase the circuts of the robots had inner worlds ("mainframes") in which societies could evolve and cuase drama. Only by doing that would they be able to fight a distant enemy whom was really just a teeny weeny super guy inside a glass whom's ability to phase through objects would only lead to the reboot of a robot named Atom.

All this set up the begging of an invasion of anthropomorphic rodents from a fourth planet in the Erf system...

#25 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:23 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on 13 January 2011 - 12:12 PM, said:

But they needed to be rebooted cuase the circuts of the robots had inner worlds ("mainframes") in which societies could evolve and cuase drama. Only by doing that would they be able to fight a distant enemy whom was really just a teeny weeny super guy inside a glass whom's ability to phase through objects would only lead to the reboot of a robot named Atom.

All this set up the begging of an invasion of anthropomorphic rodents from a fourth planet in the Erf system...

yes, and they formed a gang called biker mice from mars, and their leader was splinter. A rat who wanted revenge for the death of his sons at the feet of the blastoise.

one man stood up to stop the invasion, one man, and a banana. Thus banana-man joined the party, with his giant buster banana.

The biker mice needed energon to fuel there bikes, and it turns out that earth was the biggest source. Even though we never noticed it.

#26 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:28 AM

Im watching Black and White now on Cartoon Network. Im not use to the new animation style. Not that its bad but its gonna take time for me to get use to it.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#27 User is offline   Pokemon Trainer 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:29 AM

I've been keeping up with the subs from #pocketmonsters, but haven't been able to watch the dub except online occasionally.

In Best Wishes, Dent (Cilan) says a lot of great variations of "It's tasting time!", it's great. I don't think he says that in the dub though. It's too bad we missed the Team Rocket vs Team Plasma episode because of tsunami-quaking, but they're going to be airing it as some future date. It's going to be awesome. If you haven't seen, check out the trailer:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wCe5PWdu3m8

This post has been edited by Pokemon Trainer: 02 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

ACen '11 cosplay:

#28 User is online   Washu Takahashi 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:44 AM

I feel like I need to watch this now...I pretty much gave up on watching Pokemon a little after the D/P series came out. Still play the games but the anime was just so terrible...maybe it's better now? One of these days I'm going to find the time to rewatch Pokemon from episode 1 xD
ACen 2014 Schedule
Friday: Meloetta [Pokemon]
Saturday: Umi Ryuuzaki [Magic Knight Rayearth]
Sunday: Sytry Cartwright Demon Attire [Devils and Realist]

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#29 User is offline   Pokemon Trainer 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:13 AM

I've been slowly watching Pokémon from Ep. 1 like that for a while, Washu Takahashi. Currently I'm in Season 7. It does get lame and repetitive, but there are plenty of good episodes later on. Hoenn is fun, except for the Contest episodes. I ought to make a list some day of all non-Contest eps.
Best Wishes is probably the best season since the first couple - you should definitely check it out.
ACen '11 cosplay:

#30 User is online   Washu Takahashi 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:17 PM

I started trying to re-watch it a few months ago and only made it to like episode 5 xD Some day I'll have the time to start watching an episode a day or something. And I'm actually fond of the contest episodes xD If I was in the Pokemon World I would definitely be a coordinator. I have a feeling I may just skip to the B/W season just to learn the names of the new Pokemon...even after playing White I still know like none of their names
ACen 2014 Schedule
Friday: Meloetta [Pokemon]
Saturday: Umi Ryuuzaki [Magic Knight Rayearth]
Sunday: Sytry Cartwright Demon Attire [Devils and Realist]

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users