Anime Central Forums: Volunteering! - Anime Central Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Volunteering! Want to help out at the con? Look here!

#61 User is offline   Zeth 

• Registration Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 2258

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:48 PM

You have to be 18 or older to use the crash space, so no, sorry. :( And you do have to work the required hours to use it- you can't bring anyone with who hasnt also worked the requisite hours.

However if you work 16 hours total over the weekend, yes, you do get rollover badge even if you use the crash space- you don't 'spend' and lose hours by using the crashspace.

#62 User is offline   Angel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9337

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:03 AM

View PostZeth, on 11 April 2011 - 01:48 PM, said:

You have to be 18 or older to use the crash space, so no, sorry. :( And you do have to work the required hours to use it- you can't bring anyone with who hasnt also worked the requisite hours.

However if you work 16 hours total over the weekend, yes, you do get rollover badge even if you use the crash space- you don't 'spend' and lose hours by using the crashspace.

Thank you for answering this correctly. And I like the pic, even though I'm not sure what it's from... = )

This post has been edited by Angel: 18 April 2011 - 12:03 AM

HI!
If you have any Questions feel free to: E-mail: Me! Angel = ) Volunteers DH Click on This Link HERE
NEW RULES:16 Hours = Roll Over Badge for Next Year (You Can NOT give this to a friend)
6 Hours Each Day, for Crash Space that Night.
First come, Fist serve. Crash Space is NOT Guaranteed.
You must be at least 18 to become a Volunteer & to qualify for Crash Space. ID Required.
Thanks for all your help in advance! And if you've done this once already, can't wait to see you again this year!
If you only want to work Before & After Con: Sign Up for The Set-Up/Tear-Down Team!

#63 User is offline   Zeth 

• Registration Staff
  • Pip

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:32 PM

All right, apparently we've had a bit of confusion-we've had some people contacting us thinking it's free this year if you sign up to volunteer, but that's not the case and never has been. You will NOT be getting a free badge immediately! You DO HAVE TO BUY YOUR BADGE FOR THIS YEAR. You'll get a free one for NEXT YEAR or your money refunded- you'd get a check in the mail- after you work 16 hours.

This post has been edited by Zeth: 22 April 2011 - 03:42 AM

#64 User is offline   Demon Slayer 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 5413

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:32 AM

Is it too late to volunteer? My cousin and I both would really love to help out, and though we sent emails back in, gosh, Feb or March, we never heard back! So, yeah, I was just wondering if it's too late to volunteer to help out. Thanks!
My name's Mary, and I am a student from Chicago studying in Canada.
Facebook Cosplay.Com
---------------------------------------------------
Anime Midwest 2012
Yzma (The Emperor's New Groove), Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan), probably Belle

#65 User is offline   Zeth 

• Registration Staff
  • Pip

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:32 AM

Nope, it's not! It's never too late to help :) (Link removed)

This post has been edited by Zeth: 05 August 2011 - 11:15 PM

#66 User is offline   ☆Vimmuse☆ 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59344

Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:25 PM

Hey, just wondering, but I had gotten an email from a Tracy Pegg and I haven't heard anything else back about what I'd be doing. I did everything that was required of me. I even emailed Tracy again with questions, but I haven't heard anything back at all. Is there a reason for this?

This post has been edited by ☆Vimmuse☆: 23 April 2011 - 07:26 PM

#67 User is offline   Angel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:47 PM

View Post☆Vimmuse☆, on 23 April 2011 - 07:25 PM, said:

Hey, just wondering, but I had gotten an email from a Tracy Pegg and I haven't heard anything else back about what I'd be doing. I did everything that was required of me. I even emailed Tracy again with questions, but I haven't heard anything back at all. Is there a reason for this?

Did you find the answers you were looking for?
HI!
If you have any Questions feel free to: E-mail: Me! Angel = ) Volunteers DH Click on This Link HERE
NEW RULES:16 Hours = Roll Over Badge for Next Year (You Can NOT give this to a friend)
You must be at least 18 to become a Volunteer & to qualify for Crash Space. ID Required.
Thanks for all your help in advance! And if you've done this once already, can't wait to see you again this year!
If you only want to work Before & After Con: Sign Up for The Set-Up/Tear-Down Team!

#68 User is offline   Zeth 

• Registration Staff
  • Pip

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:34 AM

We've been hearing that some of you are finding the emails from us in your spam folder. So, if you haven't gotten it yet, check there! If you've already cleared it or just cant find it yet, send another email to the volunteers address and we'll take care of it for you :)

#69 User is offline   vashchan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 16792

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:33 AM

Hi, I filled out a volunteer form online and never heard back from anyone. I checked my spam and well there was 1000+ email and I don't know who the email would be from. So there is a good chance it got deleted.
I am willing to help with setup on Thursday. My girlfriend could possibly be available also. I'm trying to get her to fill out the form but she's been busy.

Let me know what can be done to resend any emails or get some kind of confirmation.

Thanks,

#70 User is offline   Angel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:28 PM

View Postvashchan, on 30 April 2011 - 12:33 AM, said:

Hi, I filled out a volunteer form online and never heard back from anyone. I checked my spam and well there was 1000+ email and I don't know who the email would be from. So there is a good chance it got deleted.
I am willing to help with setup on Thursday. My girlfriend could possibly be available also. I'm trying to get her to fill out the form but she's been busy.

Let me know what can be done to resend any emails or get some kind of confirmation.

Thanks,

E-mail me! = ) The address is in the signature box below.
HI!

#71 User is offline   Pashy-chan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16936

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:41 PM

Hello!! I was wondering, around how long does it take before we get a response after applying for the teardown crew? ^^;; I only ask as ACen is only 2 weeks away, so it'd be helpful to know more information about the crew.. hours and regulations, in order to make plans and timing around it. Gweee~!! >w<
ACen 2011: Cosplays have been determined-ish!!!!

Iris - Pokemon Black/White ::: 75%
Female Wario ::: 10%
Ganguro Gal ::: 90%

~TekoMuto Fangirl~

Hello, my name is Poshy...

#72 User is offline   ☆Vimmuse☆ 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59344

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:05 AM

View PostAngel, on 25 April 2011 - 12:47 PM, said:

Did you find the answers you were looking for?

Kind of. I got an email, but now I was promised a schedule, but I don't know where to go to find that . . .

#73 User is offline   kurotan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60066

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:37 PM

So I want to sign up for volunteering but... I won't know when I'll be free until I actually get there. Is that going to be a problem? Should I still use the signup form?

#74 User is offline   Zeth 

• Registration Staff
  • Pip

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:36 PM

No that won't be a problem and yes you should :)

#75 User is offline   Angel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:35 PM

View Post☆Vimmuse☆, on 02 May 2011 - 07:05 AM, said:

Kind of. I got an email, but now I was promised a schedule, but I don't know where to go to find that . . .

Excuse me? You were promised a schedule? From who? There is no set schedule for Volunteers to work. Who told you there was a set schedule?

Volunteers office has "open" hours from 10am - midnight. Volunteers are requested as they are needed. Via Radio. In the office. It is up to the volunteer to make themselves available & to make sure they get done as much time as they want to that day over the coarse of the weekend.

Any further questions can be addressed directly via e-mail and not on the forum board.
HI!

#76 User is offline   Angel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:37 PM

View PostPashy-chan, on 01 May 2011 - 02:41 PM, said:

Hello!! I was wondering, around how long does it take before we get a response after applying for the teardown crew? ^^;; I only ask as ACen is only 2 weeks away, so it'd be helpful to know more information about the crew.. hours and regulations, in order to make plans and timing around it. Gweee~!! >w<

I am not in charge of the tear down team. We are not the same department. But I can look into it and find out who is so you can have answers about Thursday.

This post has been edited by Angel: 03 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

HI!

#77 User is offline   Dark Kakashi 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 3167

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:03 PM

Is it too late to Volunteer?

I have Staffed for 5 previous years and took a year off last year. Since I have free time I was wondering if I can at least Volunteer since I know it is probably way too late to apply for Staff.

A quick reply is welcomed. Either way I'll be at ACen this year regardless if I can help out or not. ^_^
My Random Avatars

^-- Last Updated (February 15)

Proud Owner of The Lazy Club
Seen any post from the Lazy Club Thread? Precisely why we are members, We are all too lazy to post in our own thread. Proud Members! ^_^

AIM: LiMario24
MSN: limario24@hotmail.com

#78 User is offline   Angel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:16 PM

View PostDark Kakashi, on 03 May 2011 - 06:03 PM, said:

Is it too late to Volunteer?

I have Staffed for 5 previous years and took a year off last year. Since I have free time I was wondering if I can at least Volunteer since I know it is probably way too late to apply for Staff.

A quick reply is welcomed. Either way I'll be at ACen this year regardless if I can help out or not. ^_^

On the website there is link for volunteer sign up.
Or you can write the volunteer box directly.
Or we could just see you when you walk into con!

See you there!
HI!

#79 User is offline   Dark Kakashi 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 3167

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:41 PM

OK cool.

I'll just see you then. Where do I need to go for the Volunteering, I assume is a different place than Con Ops.
My Random Avatars

^-- Last Updated (February 15)

Proud Owner of The Lazy Club
Seen any post from the Lazy Club Thread? Precisely why we are members, We are all too lazy to post in our own thread. Proud Members! ^_^

AIM: LiMario24
MSN: limario24@hotmail.com

#80 User is offline   Angel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:14 AM

JFK
HI!

#81 User is offline   Pashy-chan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16936

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:54 AM

View PostAngel, on 03 May 2011 - 02:37 PM, said:

I am not in charge of the tear down team. We are not the same department. But I can look into it and find out who is so you can have answers about Thursday.

Ahhh, thank you so much!!
ACen 2011: Cosplays have been determined-ish!!!!

Iris - Pokemon Black/White ::: 75%
Female Wario ::: 10%
Ganguro Gal ::: 90%

~TekoMuto Fangirl~

Hello, my name is Poshy...

#82 User is offline   Zeth 

• Registration Staff
  • Pip

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:55 PM

View Post☆Vimmuse☆, on 02 May 2011 - 07:05 AM, said:

All right all, need to make sure this is completely clear- this person was mixed up about who she really needed to talk to. She's con staff, who ARE volunteers as we don't get paid, but our department deals with con-goer volunteers, not con staff. We do NOT promise any sort of fixed schedule or guaranteed position beforehand, if only because we need proof you've paid for your badge before we can let you work. Just making sure nobody gets the wrong idea :)

This post has been edited by Zeth: 06 May 2011 - 11:40 PM

#83 User is offline   Zeth 

• Registration Staff
  • Pip

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:37 PM

Reposting the rules to make sure everyone sees them :)

Age Limit: Must be at least 16 to volunteer.
ID will be required for Sign Up. We'll be asking everyone for this. If you're 16 but don't look it and can't prove it, we can't let you work.
Wear your Volunteers Badge ONLY when doing Volunteer Work
Crash Space Rules:
Must be 18 to stay in Crash Space Room. Again, if you're old enough but can't prove it, we can't let you in.
An ID will be left with Volunteers Staff if you take a Room Key.
Must be 18 to help IRT Department. An ID is required as proof of age.

Hours of Operation:
Thursday Volunteers Staff probably will not be ready till after 4pm (This is subject to change - to be posted)
Friday -Saturday 10am - Midnight
Sunday 10am - Close.

Thursday will count as Double hours.
Sunday after 4pm will start Double hours for Tear Down
If you are not Volunteering for Badge Refund or Roll Over and/or Are Not working for Crash Space, (Link removed as we'll be using a new sheet this next year.)

You as a volunteer will be sent out on jobs as the requests for volunteers come in over the radio. In order to be sent out on a job you need to be present in the Volunteers office aka JFK.

If there is a time slot you know that you have nothing planned and know you can pop in to see if your needed, let us know you'll be back so we have an idea of when your available again.

This helps to let other departments know that we are expecting a volunteer to be available in example the next 15 mins. to half an hour. Oh, and if you're done for the day, give us the heads up and turn in your time card. :)

This post has been edited by Zeth: 05 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

#84 User is offline   Zeth 

• Registration Staff
  • Pip

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:15 PM

Just to clarify- we need a photo ID with your date of birth on it! So a driver's license or state ID, something like that. If you have a school ID we can only take it if it has your birth date on it. No exceptions, sorry!

#85 User is offline   Zeth 

• Registration Staff
  • Pip

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

View PostPashy-chan, on 01 May 2011 - 02:41 PM, said:

We've got an update for you- check your email and your spam folder, you should have something from an Elena. If not, we should have an address for you to send something to pretty soon.

#86 User is offline   Angel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

asstchiefofstaff [at] acen [dot] org = Elena's E-mail Address
HI!

#87 User is offline   Zeth 

• Registration Staff
  • Pip

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:55 PM

We've had another batch of emails go out, so check your spamboxes if you're expecting something and haven't gotten it!

In addition, we'll be in the JFK room at the con, and will be opening at 4 PM on Thursday.

#88 User is offline   Zeth 

• Registration Staff
  • Pip

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:20 PM

MYTH: Now that pre-reg is closed, you can't sign up to volunteer.

THIS IS NOT TRUE! You can still sign up- you just need to be able to show us you have a badge at the volunteers office at the con. Keep signing up, and even if you don't, you can still do so at the con itself.

This post has been edited by Zeth: 11 May 2011 - 02:11 AM

#89 User is offline   Angel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:46 PM

View PostZeth, on 10 May 2011 - 11:20 PM, said:

MYTH: Now that pre-reg is closed, you can't sign up to volunteer.

THIS IS NOT TRUE! You can still sign up- you just need to be able to show us you have a badge at the volunteers office at the con. Keep signing up, and even if you don't, you can still do so at the con itself.

Looks Good! Thank You!
HI!

#90 User is offline   ScapulaRemix 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60219

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:51 AM

I signed up to volunteer Thurs-Sat. Just as a heads up to anyone in need of help, I don't intend on doing anything other than volunteering for these days; I've found I enjoy it much more than actually conventioning. I'm over 21 and I can drive a manual transmission. I've volunteered at Ohayocon and A&G already this year (I would've volunteered at AP if they had EVER REPLIED TO THE THOUSAND ZILLION E-MAILS I SENT THEM) so I'm getting the feel of how a convention goes.

So JFK room @ 16:00--is that the soonest I can start getting my volunteer on? Is there going to be crash space provided between Thursday and Friday to those who work 6 hours? Will there be 6 hours of work to do on Thursday?

Also, I have not as of yet registered. I understand it'll be $55 @Con, but on this volunteer sheet it's asking me for 'badge name' and '#'. What do I put there?
This is my signature.

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users