Anime Central Forums: Panel Programming - Panelist Policy - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Panel Programming - Panelist Policy Effective as of: November 1st 2010 *** ALL PANELIST READ THIS ***

#1 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 1323

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:41 PM

Below is a Link to the Policy for ALL Panelist at ACen, these policies will be effective as November 1st, 2010. Please read and understand these policies BEFORE submitting your panel. If you have ANY questions about the policies, this thread will remain open and I will answer them on a first come first serve basis. Before posting be sure to read the whole policy.

Panel Programming - Panelist Policy
Jared "Zerox20" Sangeorzan - Panel Programming ADH - ACen 2003/Present
E: panelprogramming@ACen.org || Panel Programming FAQ

#2 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:32 AM

I do have a question about the 18+ thing. A panel I plan on submitting is more so a 16+ type panel because of the content of the show, should I just make it 18+ to be on the safe side?
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#3 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:15 PM

View PostLina, on 04 November 2010 - 10:32 AM, said:

I do have a question about the 18+ thing. A panel I plan on submitting is more so a 16+ type panel because of the content of the show, should I just make it 18+ to be on the safe side?

Correct, we are not going to do 16+ at this time and it is recommended if you have any content that would require a "16+" that you plan for an 18+ Tag to be on your panel.

#4 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:28 AM

View PostZerox20, on 04 November 2010 - 11:15 PM, said:

Correct, we are not going to do 16+ at this time and it is recommended if you have any content that would require a "16+" that you plan for an 18+ Tag to be on your panel.

Thank you very much~ I don't think it will hurt our panel since most fans are probably over the age of 18 anyways. lol Now to hopefully get it approved! lol
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#5 User is offline   therobd 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 10739

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:50 PM

Under section IV., part 3, it says that we need permission to offer food and drink to attendees. Would sealed bags of candy/Pocky/other similar food as a prize for some sort of contest be acceptable?

None of it would be homemade or anything questionable like that.

#6 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:59 AM

View Posttherobd, on 17 November 2010 - 03:50 PM, said:

Under section IV., part 3, it says that we need permission to offer food and drink to attendees. Would sealed bags of candy/Pocky/other similar food as a prize for some sort of contest be acceptable?

None of it would be homemade or anything questionable like that.

It is exactly what it says, you need permission. So basically if you are going to offer these types of things like sealed candy etc. Come by Panel Programming first and let us see it/verify it, so can approve you to use it at your panel. Thats all. Most of the time 100% sealed stuff is approved easily as its pocky and things like that.

#7 User is offline   Weighted Companion Cube 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 18530

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:13 PM

The policies seem pretty reasonable. They're essentially the same liability things that anyone who's had to do anything in a paid public venue with possible minors has to follow.

And it is thorough about cables and protocol, which means you have to be prepared. Anyone who doesn't travel with an HDMI, VGA, VGA to DVI, and a 3.5 to RCA stereo adapter is not prepared to be awesome with a computer.

Also, this forces people to conduct themselves with a degree of preparedness. Kudos, and I can't wait for the Panel submission to go live.

#8 User is offline   iammako3 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 4983

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:58 PM

I'm a bit confused on the co-panelist badges. If you only get one badge per hour, how does that work when there are three of us running the thing? We'll be requesting a two hour block, so does that mean I get the main badge for the head panelist and two extra co-panelist badges for the two hours, or do I just get two badges all together and then have to make an extra one hour panel to get a third badge? ^_~ (It would be a good extra one hour panel, I promise, but I want to know if I have to try something like that in the first place or if I can get three badges for a two hour panel.)

#9 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:20 AM

View Postiammako3, on 23 November 2010 - 08:58 PM, said:

I'm a bit confused on the co-panelist badges. If you only get one badge per hour, how does that work when there are three of us running the thing? We'll be requesting a two hour block, so does that mean I get the main badge for the head panelist and two extra co-panelist badges for the two hours, or do I just get two badges all together and then have to make an extra one hour panel to get a third badge? ^_~ (It would be a good extra one hour panel, I promise, but I want to know if I have to try something like that in the first place or if I can get three badges for a two hour panel.)

It is worded that way so people do not submit 30 minute panels for badges. Its so people understand if you don't have 1 hour of good content, you won't get a badge.

Basically it boils down to something pretty simple. The head panelists will get 1 Badge, and he may submit up to 2 people to be his/her "Co-Panelists", He/She will then be able to pickup these two badges for their co-panelists. It should probably be re-worded to be a bit more clear I'll submit to our Department Head to take a look at that wording. But its basically what I said what we have always done in previous years. 1 Head Panelist, 2 co-panelists, 3 Badges total max.

Hope this helps.

#10 User is offline   Gaynor79 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 36907

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:00 PM

I was wondering when submissions for panels begin? I'm currently working on putting together a panel and was wondering if there was a deadline for submissions. I'm being backed by an Evangelion fansite, and they were very excited about the idea of having a presence in Chicago. I don't want to disappoint them.

#11 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:25 PM

View PostGaynor79, on 02 December 2010 - 05:00 PM, said:

I was wondering when submissions for panels begin? I'm currently working on putting together a panel and was wondering if there was a deadline for submissions. I'm being backed by an Evangelion fansite, and they were very excited about the idea of having a presence in Chicago. I don't want to disappoint them.

Submissions have not been announced yet. At this current time we have scheduled release for taking applications, please stay tuned to the website and forums for future updates and do not ask about this here as its for Policy questions.

#12 User is offline   Yogehi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 50154

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:27 PM

ok so one question. head panelists and co-panelists are required to submit their conference registration number. i can't seem to find mine or my co-panelist. we're both registered with the site, and i even went ahead and ordered a badge with a payment method for check/moneyorder so i don't pay yet (though that might backfire on me some day but whatever). so where would we find our conference registration number?

#13 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:42 PM

View PostYogehi, on 05 December 2010 - 01:27 PM, said:

ok so one question. head panelists and co-panelists are required to submit their conference registration number. i can't seem to find mine or my co-panelist. we're both registered with the site, and i even went ahead and ordered a badge with a payment method for check/moneyorder so i don't pay yet (though that might backfire on me some day but whatever). so where would we find our conference registration number?

This is suppose to be changed, the wording, there is no conference number.

#14 User is offline   heroizumi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59131

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:21 PM

I have a question in regards to naming the panel. I know the convention is meant to be as family friendly as possible so I wanted to check. Is using the acronym "wtf" in the name of the panel allowed? If it's not allowed I don't want to submit my panel with it in the title. Would it be better to stay on the safe side and say "What the?!" instead?
Cosplay:
Eiji (Kamen Rider OOO)
Philip (Kamen Rider W)
Wataru (Kamen Rider Kiva)
Keita (Keitai Sousakan 7)
Android 18 (Dragon Ball Z)
Momotaros (Kamen Rider Den-O)
Gunpei (Engine Sentai Go-Onger)

#15 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:07 PM

View Postheroizumi, on 07 December 2010 - 12:21 PM, said:

I have a question in regards to naming the panel. I know the convention is meant to be as family friendly as possible so I wanted to check. Is using the acronym "wtf" in the name of the panel allowed? If it's not allowed I don't want to submit my panel with it in the title. Would it be better to stay on the safe side and say "What the?!" instead?

Its okay if you submit it as WTF etc, Just keep in mind we as the staff reserve the right to rename it, or change it as we see accordingly. What I would suggest when you submit it in the extra comments section you say I am willing to change the panel name to X or Y etc, to ensure you are open to the suggestions but if possible would like to use that name. If its an 18+ Panel it will be okay most likely. We have panels like "No Stop it feels good Hentai Panel" sooo... yeah...

#16 User is offline   heroizumi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59131

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:23 AM

Okay! Thank you!!!
Cosplay:
Eiji (Kamen Rider OOO)
Philip (Kamen Rider W)
Wataru (Kamen Rider Kiva)
Keita (Keitai Sousakan 7)
Android 18 (Dragon Ball Z)
Momotaros (Kamen Rider Den-O)
Gunpei (Engine Sentai Go-Onger)

#17 User is offline   ace2203 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 54519

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:18 PM

Regarding the free badge rule, say i have hosting a 2 hour panel with 2 co panelists, will we all be able to get badges for all 3 of us?

#18 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:55 PM

View Postace2203, on 15 January 2011 - 03:18 PM, said:

Regarding the free badge rule, say i have hosting a 2 hour panel with 2 co panelists, will we all be able to get badges for all 3 of us?

The policy is pretty clear. As a Head Panelist you may have up to 2 Co-Panelists, for a total of 3 badges. The Head Panelist is able to pickup the badges for his co panelists and is the primary contact. Please re-read the Panelists Policy a bit closer as it does explain this.

#19 User is offline   bucktick 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59254

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:01 PM

Hello,

According to the artist alley head Phillip Schmidt even though I submitted a panel (Maiden in the Forest: charming fashions of Japan) I am not allowed the free badge. He says it is because I am co-artist at a table that was registered by manavolemoname. Manavolemoname is my co-panelist for the panel that is submitted with me as the primary panelist.

Therefore because manavolemoname registered for an artist alley table prior to me submitting the panel, I am required to pay for the artist alley badge for the artist alley table.

I am having difficulties with these policies.

-Rebecca (bucktick)
BuckTick ~Jennivieve: Gothic Lolita clothing and fine accessories~

#20 User is offline   Hays-sama 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1345

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:33 AM

View Postbucktick, on 16 January 2011 - 11:01 PM, said:

Hello,

According to the artist alley head Phillip Schmidt even though I submitted a panel (Maiden in the Forest: charming fashions of Japan) I am not allowed the free badge. He says it is because I am co-artist at a table that was registered by manavolemoname. Manavolemoname is my co-panelist for the panel that is submitted with me as the primary panelist.

Therefore because manavolemoname registered for an artist alley table prior to me submitting the panel, I am required to pay for the artist alley badge for the artist alley table.

I am having difficulties with these policies.

-Rebecca (bucktick)

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some confusion over the badge policies. Briefly, each person is entitled to one comp badge. Additional badges are not given out for a person who is, say, both presenting a panel (either has head or co-panelist) and running a table in Artist Alley. As long as your panel is accepted to run at this year's convention, you are entitle to one comp badge for yourself.

Unfortunately, I cannot make a determination right now as to what the resolution of this issue will be (I am asking for clarification and a review of our policies), but the difficulty seems to be that the badge you would be entitled to as a panelist is a Panelist Badge, not an Artist/Exhibitor Badge -- which is required to sell merchandise in the Artist Alley. I believe we can clear the matter up, and -- since your party has payed for an Artist Alley table-- the comp badge you receive for being a panelist would be converted to an Artist/Exhibitor badge. It may be that you will need to resubmit your Artist Alley paperwork.

I will email you directly via the contact in your panel submission once I hear back from my request regarding the policies.
"Well, as answers go, it's short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistent with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon."

-- Captain John Sheridan

#21 User is offline   bucktick 

• Pip

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:53 AM

View PostHays-sama, on 19 January 2011 - 12:33 AM, said:

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some confusion over the badge policies. Briefly, each person is entitled to one comp badge. Additional badges are not given out for a person who is, say, both presenting a panel (either has head or co-panelist) and running a table in Artist Alley. As long as your panel is accepted to run at this year's convention, you are entitle to one comp badge for yourself.

Unfortunately, I cannot make a determination right now as to what the resolution of this issue will be (I am asking for clarification and a review of our policies), but the difficulty seems to be that the badge you would be entitled to as a panelist is a Panelist Badge, not an Artist/Exhibitor Badge -- which is required to sell merchandise in the Artist Alley. I believe we can clear the matter up, and -- since your party has payed for an Artist Alley table-- the comp badge you receive for being a panelist would be converted to an Artist/Exhibitor badge. It may be that you will need to resubmit your Artist Alley paperwork.

I will email you directly via the contact in your panel submission once I hear back from my request regarding the policies.

Thank you for replying. I've been able to ascertain at this point the badge in question is not mine, it is manavolemoname's badge due to her being head of the AA table. I'd like to clear up that we have not paid for the table. We have not paid for the table because there is a badge attached to the table. We are not given the option of paying for the table without the badge therefore we have not yet paid for it since we are trying to clear up this problem. According to the policies of your department if we pay for that badge we would not get our money back.

According to Schmidt, if a panel is submitted by my partner manavolemoname, then the badge will be taken from the AA cart and we can pay for just the table. Apparently if you are a table-head of an AA table and are a co-panelist you are not allowed the comp badge. If you are a table-head of an AA table and a panel-head of a panel you ARE allowed the comp badge(?) Why? If we submit a second different panel with my partner as head panelist and the badge leaves the cart and we pay for the AA table. If we were only approved for the first panel where she was co-panelist but not the second panel, would she be required to pay for the badge or would she still receive a comp badge? I can't find these policies anywhere, please help me. I am frustrated.

I seriously do not understand and the deadline to pay for the AA badge/table is prior to the official panel acceptance announcement.

#22 User is offline   Bloo09 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17891

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:50 PM

Please understand most of us, AA, Reg, and Panels are each using new systems this year and it's taking us a moment to figure out how exactly it works. Phil and Kieth are working together to find the right way to sort out your paperwork right now :) It will definitely be something we'll have set ways to handle in the future.
ACen 14 - Panel Programming Department Head and Crystal Ball Manager
ACen 12 - 14 - ACen & Anime Central Facebook Group(s) Administrator
ACen 13 - Panel Programming Department Head and Crystal Ball Manager, ACen 12 - Panel Programming Dept. Head and Crystal Ball Manager,
ACen 11 - Reg Dept. Head, ACen 10 - Reg Dept. Head, ACen 09 - Reg Asst. Dept. Head, ACen 08 - Guest Relations staff, ACen 07 - IRT Guest Escort

Please contact me if you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding Panel Programming for Anime Central. PanelProgramming@ACen.org.
If you have any questions about the Crystal Ball please email CrystalBall@ACen.org

My private messages are now disabled. Between friend invite spam, and forum notices as a moderator I was missing panel related private messages. Please email us to contact panels, thank you!

#23 User is offline   bucktick 

• Pip

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:39 PM

View PostBloo09, on 19 January 2011 - 05:50 PM, said:

Please understand most of us, AA, Reg, and Panels are each using new systems this year and it's taking us a moment to figure out how exactly it works. Phil and Kieth are working together to find the right way to sort out your paperwork right now :) It will definitely be something we'll have set ways to handle in the future.

Oh I see. I was not told about the new system. I was told about the policy that you have to be table-head and panel-head to get the badge. We were told that maybe we could try to contact panel programming and ask them if we could submit our paperwork again because we submitted it wrong since you have to submit it as both head-panelist and head-table as the same but it was not guaranteed to be allowed. Because it was our fault we were told then maybe panel programming would not let us re-submit the panel :( So I was sad I made the mistake but then I couldn't find it in the FAQ and policies for either panels or AA so I'm don't know how we could have prevented making this mistake :(

#24 User is offline   Bloo09 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17891

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

View Postbucktick, on 20 January 2011 - 03:39 PM, said:

Oh I see. I was not told about the new system. I was told about the policy that you have to be table-head and panel-head to get the badge. We were told that maybe we could try to contact panel programming and ask them if we could submit our paperwork again because we submitted it wrong since you have to submit it as both head-panelist and head-table as the same but it was not guaranteed to be allowed. Because it was our fault we were told then maybe panel programming would not let us re-submit the panel :( So I was sad I made the mistake but then I couldn't find it in the FAQ and policies for either panels or AA so I'm don't know how we could have prevented making this mistake :(

It's also new policies for panel programming working with AA, some things may need to be tweaked and steps made clearer on the site. But both the AA and panels department head are working to sort this out :) Thank you for your patience.
ACen 14 - Panel Programming Department Head and Crystal Ball Manager
ACen 12 - 14 - ACen & Anime Central Facebook Group(s) Administrator
ACen 13 - Panel Programming Department Head and Crystal Ball Manager, ACen 12 - Panel Programming Dept. Head and Crystal Ball Manager,
ACen 11 - Reg Dept. Head, ACen 10 - Reg Dept. Head, ACen 09 - Reg Asst. Dept. Head, ACen 08 - Guest Relations staff, ACen 07 - IRT Guest Escort

Please contact me if you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding Panel Programming for Anime Central. PanelProgramming@ACen.org.
If you have any questions about the Crystal Ball please email CrystalBall@ACen.org

My private messages are now disabled. Between friend invite spam, and forum notices as a moderator I was missing panel related private messages. Please email us to contact panels, thank you!

#25 User is offline   Diedie 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 28616
  • Location:On the second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:39 PM

So curious, how do panelist receive their badges? Will we just pick them up at the con and show our IDs to receive them?

Sorry to be a bother and ask >w<

Planned cosplays:
Working on it...

Prior years: Phantasmagoria's Riku from Eternal Silence and Material Pain. Dir en grey's Shinya, in Myaku.

#26 User is offline   Hays-sama 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1345

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:08 PM

View PostDiedie, on 23 April 2011 - 01:39 PM, said:

So curious, how do panelist receive their badges? Will we just pick them up at the con and show our IDs to receive them?

Sorry to be a bother and ask >w<

It's no trouble at all! ^_^

Panelists will pick up their badges at the convention. The details of that are still being finalized, but for now, panelists should go to Liberty in the Hyatt, identify themselves as panelists and show their IDs.

We are asking that head panelists also go to Panel Ops, in United (also in the Hyatt), and check in with us. That way we know that you are here, and we can handle any last minute changes.

Cheers!
Keith
"Well, as answers go, it's short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistent with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon."

-- Captain John Sheridan

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users