• This topic is locked

How are you saving money?

#61 User is offline   stumpy1337 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 45996

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:24 AM

im going to prom this weekend and i got a free tux so my mom said that she would give me the money that she would have spent on the tux so thats and extra $100 in to the acen pot
ACEN year 6 here i come

#62 User is offline   LeenStar 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 41063

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:02 PM

I personally think small changes really pay off in the end. I am a jobless college girl, so I am not making any income and try my best to save/keep any money that my parents generously give. I take the bus to school every day, and mostly everywhere I go (I don't drive, I rather take the bus/train that get you places faster, and you save a lot gas $). Also, sacrifice getting your Starbucks or any fancy lunch/brunch stuff you get. Instead of going to a fancy lunch/breakfast place, go to places like McDonald's and Dunkin' Donuts, which offer cheaper coffee. Also, don't splurge on many things before the con. I know it's tempting, but only stock up and buy things you need (especially if it's for the convention weekend) or your daily needs. Another thing my friends do (who live together) is gather up all the change they have in their pants, wallets, floor, anywhere- and take it to a CoinStar machine and get cash (sure you may not get a lot, but maybe a few 5-10 bucks if you have a lot of change, or a coin jar).

leenstarsx3

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." - Albert Einstein.

#63 User is offline   Accidental Suicide Bomber 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 17156

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:49 AM

If you're at least 16 years old and meet the health requirements, you can donate plasma and they'll pay you for your time. It's a good way to get extra cash for Acen.
IRT Hotline: (224) 325-4042
Because all of Acen shouldn't have to pay for the actions of one idiot.

-I ran a room for acen 2011, and intend to run one for 2012. A link will go here when I make a reservation.-

#64 User is offline   Santa Finland 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59766

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:04 AM

I skipped Anime St. Louis to save money for this con. I also put all my future cosplay projects (except the ones for ACEN) on hold until afterward.
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
flapper!fem!America (Hetalia - Original design)
maid!Nitori (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013)

#65 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:29 PM

Doing surveys and only buying stuff for my son mostly/bills. Everything else is on hold til after acen.

So far doing good.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#66 User is offline   hesto 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59994

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:39 PM

As a cosplay fan( not actually a real cosplayer) , I can't save my money at all! Cause cosplay is a relatively expensive hobby. Costumes and props are not so easy to get Last year I cospalyed as Edward Elric, I wen to farbic store and made my own Edward Elric coat but still cost $92 and my friends said it looks like sheet! <_< What's made me go crz cause I found the coat on sale at mooncostumes.com was 99.95 and then whole outfits at mycosplayclub.com was 59.99! OMG!Always make wrong chioces that's why I can't save money?!

#67 User is offline   AkaneD 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59940

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:20 AM

Eating frugal and restraining myself from buying unnecessary things and try to work many hours at my job.

#68 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:05 AM

Been doing surveys. These work but they take as much effort as working a job XD

It's not bad but sometimes tedious playing phone tag with the people and being screened as well as travel time.

So far it's helping with money costs.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#69 User is offline   DarkMimi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 38289

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:09 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 23 April 2011 - 03:05 AM, said:

Been doing surveys. These work but they take as much effort as working a job XD

It's not bad but sometimes tedious playing phone tag with the people and being screened as well as travel time.

So far it's helping with money costs.

Holy ish, I totally forgot about surveys! A little bit of extra money would so me some good for ACen.

Are you doing online or phone surveys?

2014 Cosplay Plans
Bioshock Infinite - Daisy Fitzroy (0% Completed)
Batman - Talia Al Gul (0% Completed)
Princess Peach: Military Style (0% Completed)

Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon X, and Borderlands 2
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! HERE!!!
I <3 Friends Who Keep In Touch

#70 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60057

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:22 AM

I'm just going to take some of my Earned Time Off or vacation hours from work and add that to my next paycheck. I don't really go on vacation, so it would go to waste if I don't do something with it. I'll be like free money...kind of :D

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users