Anime Central Forums: E-Mail Notifications - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

E-Mail Notifications

#1 User is offline   LambOfTheForest 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 49032
  • Posts: 56
  • Joined: 30-January 10
  • Location:On the Rhythm of the Beat

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:00 PM

So I'm watching several topics and my have my setting set up to receive e-mails when someone posts on my profile. The thing is I have not received any email notivication since August. Could someone please tell me why this is? I enjoy receiving notifications from ACEN (cause I'm a dork) Please and thank you! :0:
On that day, all female officers will be required to wear... tiny miniskirts!


ACEN Cosplay FUN
1. Sunako Nakahara (The Wallflower)!!! - 20%
2. Rhode (D. Gray Man) - 90%
3. Izumi Curtis (Full Metal Alchemist) - 90% Huzzah!!!

#2 User is offline   shinigamiJACULA 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19454
  • Posts: 235
  • Joined: 21-September 08
  • Location:Shibuya UG

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:10 PM

i think it depends on your email service provider...cuz when i used my sbcglobal account, i never received anything from acen. but after i switched it to my gmail, it worked fine ^^
Hello from California!!! =D

Please visit my deviantART account!


...I look like Rukia, but I don't do that on purpose!!! I look like that every day...=___=U (check out my profile pic if you don't believe me!)

#3 User is offline   redx1 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 20031
  • Posts: 1,601
  • Joined: 23-November 08
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:55 PM

We're having problems with our some outside email services. It's being selective of what email accounts it sends to. Those email services aren't always accepting emails from us. This issue goes in hand with the registration problems.

The IT team is working on this bug (not me personally.) I'll The Rabbi will update this topic if there is any progress :P

This post has been edited by redx1: 26 October 2010 - 10:30 PM
Reason for edit: Edited to Meet Rabbi Quality Standards (RQS). Revisions in Blue

~~

#4 User is offline   Bloo09 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17891
  • Posts: 2,255
  • Joined: 14-April 08
  • Location:Chicago ish

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:08 AM

Yahoo/hotmail (which also hosts certain .net and .orgs etc..) has been contacted and hopefully it will be fixed soon. A quick fix is changing your email to a gmail account with your forum and registration account since we've had no issues with gmail. If you have not paid for your badge yet you will need to email Registration@acen.org to change your email from a yahoo host email to gmail or other working email host if you want to get our mass emails which contain pricing, policies, contests, new stuff and helpful tips! We are now encouraging our yahoo/hotmail users to try to use gmail or other working host addresses when registering with us so we can contact you. Any questions please feel free to pm me!
ACen 14 - Panel Programming Department Head and Crystal Ball Manager
ACen 12 - 14 - ACen & Anime Central Facebook Group(s) Administrator
ACen 13 - Panel Programming Department Head and Crystal Ball Manager, ACen 12 - Panel Programming Dept. Head and Crystal Ball Manager,
ACen 11 - Reg Dept. Head, ACen 10 - Reg Dept. Head, ACen 09 - Reg Asst. Dept. Head, ACen 08 - Guest Relations staff, ACen 07 - IRT Guest Escort

Please contact me if you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding Panel Programming for Anime Central. PanelProgramming@ACen.org.
If you have any questions about the Crystal Ball please email CrystalBall@ACen.org

My private messages are now disabled. Between friend invite spam, and forum notices as a moderator I was missing panel related private messages. Please email us to contact panels, thank you!

#5 User is offline   Ikuu 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 57509
  • Posts: 253
  • Joined: 17-May 10
  • Location:Milwaukee, Wi

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:15 AM

I hope it gets fixed soon. I also haven't gotten an e-mail in a few months.
ACen 2010: Iku Nagae
ACen 2011: Houjuu Nue and Iku Nagae
ACen 2012: Nue and Iku
ACen 2013: Nue and Iku again >.>

#6 User is offline   TheRabbi 

  • IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 591
  • Posts: 1,340
  • Joined: 24-May 03
  • Location:Evanston, IL

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:00 PM

Technically, I should correct redx1 and say that other e-mail servers are being selective in which e-mails they'll receive from us. But we are working on it and doing what we can.
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft: IRT Assistant Department Head
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

I <3 People Who <3 IRT!Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

#7 User is offline   redx1 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 20031
  • Posts: 1,601
  • Joined: 23-November 08
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:30 PM

View PostTheRabbi, on 26 October 2010 - 12:00 PM, said:

Technically, I should correct redx1 and say that other e-mail servers are being selective in which e-mails they'll receive from us. But we are working on it and doing what we can.

There. Fixed it :thumbup:
~~

#8 User is offline   TheRabbi 

  • IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 591
  • Posts: 1,340
  • Joined: 24-May 03
  • Location:Evanston, IL

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:53 AM

And, amazingly, I actually have an update! It's not a very good one, though.

We're currently in talks with those e-mail providers about what we need to give them in order to convince them that our e-mails are not spam. There's some bureaucracy on our part involved, but hopefully we will move it forward quickly.

I also noticed some stuff in our mail server logs and have made some configuration changes that should hopefully eliminate those issues and maybe let some of this mail go free.
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft: IRT Assistant Department Head
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

I <3 People Who <3 IRT!Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

#9 User is offline   LambOfTheForest 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 49032
  • Posts: 56
  • Joined: 30-January 10
  • Location:On the Rhythm of the Beat

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:45 AM

View PostTheRabbi, on 27 October 2010 - 09:53 AM, said:

And, amazingly, I actually have an update! It's not a very good one, though.

We're currently in talks with those e-mail providers about what we need to give them in order to convince them that our e-mails are not spam. There's some bureaucracy on our part involved, but hopefully we will move it forward quickly.

I also noticed some stuff in our mail server logs and have made some configuration changes that should hopefully eliminate those issues and maybe let some of this mail go free.

Thank you so much for working hard on this. I was thinking that I was being a noob and something else was going on. I hope you don't have to do much to convince you're not spam. Cause you're the yummy hammy spam... not the virus computer eating spam. ^^
On that day, all female officers will be required to wear... tiny miniskirts!


ACEN Cosplay FUN
1. Sunako Nakahara (The Wallflower)!!! - 20%
2. Rhode (D. Gray Man) - 90%
3. Izumi Curtis (Full Metal Alchemist) - 90% Huzzah!!!

#10 User is offline   LambOfTheForest 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 49032
  • Posts: 56
  • Joined: 30-January 10
  • Location:On the Rhythm of the Beat

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:51 AM

View PostBloo09, on 26 October 2010 - 03:08 AM, said:

Yahoo/hotmail (which also hosts certain .net and .orgs etc..) has been contacted and hopefully it will be fixed soon. A quick fix is changing your email to a gmail account with your forum and registration account since we've had no issues with gmail. If you have not paid for your badge yet you will need to email Registration@acen.org to change your email from a yahoo host email to gmail or other working email host if you want to get our mass emails which contain pricing, policies, contests, new stuff and helpful tips! We are now encouraging our yahoo/hotmail users to try to use gmail or other working host addresses when registering with us so we can contact you. Any questions please feel free to pm me!

Thank you! I was hoping to register soon but I'm gonna try waiting till January to see if hotmail will start being nicer to ACEN emails. X3 But a gmail account is a definite alternative if my email is still not working by January 1.
On that day, all female officers will be required to wear... tiny miniskirts!


ACEN Cosplay FUN
1. Sunako Nakahara (The Wallflower)!!! - 20%
2. Rhode (D. Gray Man) - 90%
3. Izumi Curtis (Full Metal Alchemist) - 90% Huzzah!!!

#11 User is offline   LambOfTheForest 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 49032
  • Posts: 56
  • Joined: 30-January 10
  • Location:On the Rhythm of the Beat

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:54 AM

View PostshinigamiJACULA, on 25 October 2010 - 09:10 PM, said:

i think it depends on your email service provider...cuz when i used my sbcglobal account, i never received anything from acen. but after i switched it to my gmail, it worked fine ^^

Actually my email worked fine before I had to get another hotmail account for my school. Darn my education system!
On that day, all female officers will be required to wear... tiny miniskirts!


ACEN Cosplay FUN
1. Sunako Nakahara (The Wallflower)!!! - 20%
2. Rhode (D. Gray Man) - 90%
3. Izumi Curtis (Full Metal Alchemist) - 90% Huzzah!!!

#12 User is offline   TheRabbi 

  • IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 591
  • Posts: 1,340
  • Joined: 24-May 03
  • Location:Evanston, IL

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:29 PM

Lamb:

I would say: don't delay. While I hope we will fix it soon, part of it is on the other mail providers and we can do nothing to hurry them along. If you need an e-mail account to register, grab a Gmail account and register with it soon.

Also, please don't double(/triple)-post. Use the MultiQuote buttons on the posts you want to quote and then click "Use Full Editor" under the Fast Reply box.
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft: IRT Assistant Department Head
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

I <3 People Who <3 IRT!Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

#13 User is offline   Bloo09 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17891
  • Posts: 2,255
  • Joined: 14-April 08
  • Location:Chicago ish

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:52 PM

We would like to remind attendees that the confirmation email is not important, it is only for us to confirm you're using a real email. You can still log in and purchase your badge and get your invoice either through email or print straight from the system. Invoices are sending just fine :) The yahoo issue is having no effect on being able to complete your registration.
ACen 14 - Panel Programming Department Head and Crystal Ball Manager
ACen 12 - 14 - ACen & Anime Central Facebook Group(s) Administrator
ACen 13 - Panel Programming Department Head and Crystal Ball Manager, ACen 12 - Panel Programming Dept. Head and Crystal Ball Manager,
ACen 11 - Reg Dept. Head, ACen 10 - Reg Dept. Head, ACen 09 - Reg Asst. Dept. Head, ACen 08 - Guest Relations staff, ACen 07 - IRT Guest Escort

Please contact me if you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding Panel Programming for Anime Central. PanelProgramming@ACen.org.
If you have any questions about the Crystal Ball please email CrystalBall@ACen.org

My private messages are now disabled. Between friend invite spam, and forum notices as a moderator I was missing panel related private messages. Please email us to contact panels, thank you!

#14 User is offline   LambOfTheForest 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 49032
  • Posts: 56
  • Joined: 30-January 10
  • Location:On the Rhythm of the Beat

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:43 PM

View PostTheRabbi, on 27 October 2010 - 02:29 PM, said:

Lamb:I would say: don't delay. While I hope we will fix it soon, part of it is on the other mail providers and we can do nothing to hurry them along. If you need an e-mail account to register, grab a Gmail account and register with it soon.Also, please don't double(/triple)-post. Use the MultiQuote buttons on the posts you want to quote and then click "Use Full Editor" under the Fast Reply box.

HAHA! MULTIQUOTE SUCCESS FOR THE NOOB! X3

View PostBloo09, on 27 October 2010 - 02:52 PM, said:

We would like to remind attendees that the confirmation email is not important, it is only for us to confirm you're using a real email. You can still log in and purchase your badge and get your invoice either through email or print straight from the system. Invoices are sending just fine :) The yahoo issue is having no effect on being able to complete your registration.

That was what I was thinking actually. ^^ And now I go register! (Once I get my money...)
On that day, all female officers will be required to wear... tiny miniskirts!


ACEN Cosplay FUN
1. Sunako Nakahara (The Wallflower)!!! - 20%
2. Rhode (D. Gray Man) - 90%
3. Izumi Curtis (Full Metal Alchemist) - 90% Huzzah!!!

#15 User is offline   Jguy 

  • Elite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Elite
  • Member No.: 18261
  • Posts: 640
  • Joined: 09-May 08
  • Location:Batavia, IL

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:58 PM

hello all,

The IT department (specifically me) have been in contact with Yahoo about our supposed difficulty sending to Yahoo accounts.

They have added us to their whitelist filters, which should enable us to send to yahoo and sbcglobal accounts successfully. Make sure you've not blocked us in your yahoo mail spam filters!

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

thanks,
Go ahead and stop by my website: My Site

jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cookie
apt-get: cookie not found
jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cake
apt-get: cake not found[/font][/center]

#16 User is offline   AcenFTW! 

  • Video Gaming DH
  • Pip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 57107
  • Posts: 89
  • Joined: 13-May 10
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:43 AM

still doesnt work
ACen 2015 - Coming Soon...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users