Rocket Japanese Do you use it?
Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:01 PM
Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:45 PM
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG
Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:57 PM
Edit: Oh, and these videos of you can find them. haha
This post has been edited by Scott: 04 December 2010 - 10:00 PM
Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:40 PM
Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:42 AM
- First learn about how the Japanese language works. A good place to start:
- Use Romaji sparingly, it's a bad crutch for us and not used much in Japan. Just use it to help yourself memorize Hiragana/Katakana pronunciation.
- Memorize Hiragana and Katakana (the phonetic bits of written Japanese), and try to practice writing them on paper.
- Attempt to memorize some basic Kanji and learn about how it fits into the language.
- Learn about particles, how to form verbs, and basic sentence structure.
- Install Japanese fonts/input method so you can read and write Japanese on your computer. Figure out how to type Japanese (hint: You type phonetically on your keyboard in romaji, on the screen you see hiragana as you type, pressing the space-bar allows you to select different kanji/hiragana/katakana form what you typed phonetically from a dropdown list)... at least that's how it works in Windows and Linux.
- Consider using Firefox browser/Rikaichan plugin so you can have an easy time understanding Japanese websites. I'm sure there are some websites around where you can find penpals and/or practice language exchange with Japanese people.
This post has been edited by Scott: 17 March 2011 - 12:43 AM