Anime Central Forums: Trying to Find Artist From AA '10 - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Trying to Find Artist From AA '10 Bought keychains w/ cats on them from artist and want to commission...

#1 User is offline   Haiiro 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 14662

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:17 PM

Hi,

For the last couples weeks I've been pondering what would be the best way to spend my birthday money. I came to the decision that I wanted to commission an artist whose work I love. There are of course a plethora of talented people out there, but in the end I realized I wanted something that could be more than, say, a pretty picture of an OC or fanart, much as I like those.

It was then that I remembered these keychains I'd bought for my mom at ACen this past May, and I thought, "Hey! What if I commissioned the artist of these things to draw my own pet cats? Then, even when they pass away, I'll have something to remember them by besides photos!"

The problem I'm having now is I can't recall who the artist is, nor could I find her(?) through the listed artists on the main page since only a handful of them had websites.

Can anyone help me out? I'd be so very grateful. :heart:

Cosplays:
Kazu - .Hack (Finished, in-use)
Kayuki Hirasaka "Black Swan" - The Record of a Fallen Vampire (95% finished, in-use)
Celty Sturluson - Durarara!! (0% finished)
Tsukasa Amou (Israfel ver.) - Aquarian Age: Juvenile Orion (0% finished)
Agito Wanijima - Air Gear (0% finished)

"I was wise enough to never grow up while fooling most people into believing I had." -Margaret Mead

#2 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:58 PM

View PostHaiiro, on 09 October 2010 - 12:17 PM, said:

Hi,

For the last couples weeks I've been pondering what would be the best way to spend my birthday money. I came to the decision that I wanted to commission an artist whose work I love. There are of course a plethora of talented people out there, but in the end I realized I wanted something that could be more than, say, a pretty picture of an OC or fanart, much as I like those.

It was then that I remembered these keychains I'd bought for my mom at ACen this past May, and I thought, "Hey! What if I commissioned the artist of these things to draw my own pet cats? Then, even when they pass away, I'll have something to remember them by besides photos!"

The problem I'm having now is I can't recall who the artist is, nor could I find her(?) through the listed artists on the main page since only a handful of them had websites.

Do you know anymore information about them or their placement? I can try and go through our list from last year, ask them if they are willing to contact you, and see what happens from there, but right now I don't have much to work with. :(
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#3 User is offline   Iris 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3989

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:00 PM

I don't think I'm the person you're talking about, but just on the off chance I'm wrong, I was one of a handful of artists that did keychains. Mine were pretty big (with a choice of round or rectangle) and double sided and I was selling premades and taking commissions. Here is my deviant: http://shadesofrain....rt.com/gallery/

Good luck finding your artist!

#4 User is offline   Haiiro 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:37 PM

View PostIris, on 13 October 2010 - 10:00 PM, said:

I don't think I'm the person you're talking about, but just on the off chance I'm wrong, I was one of a handful of artists that did keychains. Mine were pretty big (with a choice of round or rectangle) and double sided and I was selling premades and taking commissions. Here is my deviant: http://shadesofrain....rt.com/gallery/

Good luck finding your artist!

No, the cats were colored digitally. But thanks so much for responding!

Maybe if I take a photo of the keychain and post it here?
Cosplays:
Kayuki Hirasaka "Black Swan" - The Record of a Fallen Vampire (95% finished, in-use)

"I was wise enough to never grow up while fooling most people into believing I had." -Margaret Mead

#5 User is offline   Haiiro 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:40 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 11 October 2010 - 08:58 PM, said:

Do you know anymore information about them or their placement? I can try and go through our list from last year, ask them if they are willing to contact you, and see what happens from there, but right now I don't have much to work with. :(

Sadly, I can't remember their placement in the alley, or if I got a business card from the girl or not (I do remember the person was a girl, but that doesn't mean she was the artist).
I can take a picture of the keychain with my camera and post it online. Would that help?
Cosplays:

#6 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:56 PM

View PostHaiiro, on 15 October 2010 - 09:40 PM, said:

Sadly, I can't remember their placement in the alley, or if I got a business card from the girl or not (I do remember the person was a girl, but that doesn't mean she was the artist).
I can take a picture of the keychain with my camera and post it online. Would that help?

I wish I could say it would, but since we don't require a portfolio review before being an Artist in our Alley, we have nothing to compare it to. Sorry.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#7 User is offline   Manifested Dreams 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 19370

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:16 PM

View PostHaiiro, on 15 October 2010 - 09:40 PM, said:

If you post a picture of the keychain, I might be able to help. I travel to a lot of alleys through the year, so I see a lot of these people multiple times a year.

#8 User is offline   kyrn 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 9065

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:17 PM

I bought some from her too. I don't know if I kept her card anywhere, but I think it might be http://www.lilycli.com/

#9 User is offline   Kay the rock lady 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59172

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:07 AM

View PostHaiiro, on 09 October 2010 - 12:17 PM, said:

Hi,

You may want to check Kay's Anime Rocks. Besides painted rocks, she sells an assortment of other things and has done paintings of peoples pet's before. You can e-mail her at rurielyn@aol.com.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users