• You cannot reply to this topic

Hollywood Adaption 2011 Sailor Moon.......yeah um

#1 User is offline   Saturn's Pheonix 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58548

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:50 PM

So I was bored and looking through my front page list on Youtube and these links were there:
cast list

Random View that explains a little more

Also I double checked by looking at the fan pages of several of the listed actors and they also are talking of this...

Um before you click one of the links has a profane dude's view on this and the other is the cast list.

Tell me what you think, discuss this as well.
ACEN 2010-Inuyasha- progress 100% time taken 3 years
ACEN 2011-Sailor Saturn- progress 95% time taken 3 years

#2 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28448

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:58 PM

Um....am I the only one who thinks that first video has too many big name actors and actresses for it to be an actual movie? It kinda reeks of a sick joke to me...
Cosplay 2012: Mitsuki Saya (Black Cat), Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai)
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;

"A blank piece of paper is God's way of telling us how hard it is to be God."
-Sidney Sheldon

#3 User is offline   Saturn's Pheonix 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:05 PM

I feel the same too problem is if you research it there are people at every fan sight who are talking about this and I found a link on the anime news network as well.

Reason I can't think to leave it be though is because we are having a rise of anime turn live action films being released in the states as of late. Think Transformers, DragonBall Z and AstroBoy. There are also several others. Just because there are big name actors on this starting list does not mean they will all be there as changes can be made. Also not all of them have been seen in many films lately and this would be a random reason for them to do one.

There is way to much to this.

#4 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:08 PM

Faaaaaaaaake. The videos were uploaded in 2008 and 2009. If it were legit, there would be more by way of announcements than a couple YouTube videos on it. At minimum there would've been "leaked" photos from the set by now, details on the script, SOMETHING. Speculation, even on a fairly reliable source like ANN, isn't much to go by. This would be a major Hollywood production with those names, but there's none.

This post has been edited by wrexness: 03 October 2010 - 08:10 PM

2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#5 User is offline   Saturn's Pheonix 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:24 PM

If you want to see something that is proven Fake click here

Here is something to consider though before DBZ was said to be in production everyone thought it was gonna be fake because nothing was leaked until after production started. Same thing with Transformers.

Production is said to be 2011 which has not occurred yet thus no script, no pictures, nothing will exist. This is all speculation until production. Thus we will have nothing. There was nothing for Pirates of the Carribean in the beginning or even Secretariat which is due out this week, nothing at all until production took place.

I do know of several other films which are beyond speculation, there were some filmed in Elgin and New Jersey in the last 3 years that Ive seen the script as I was a friend of the director. His film is still speculation though because due to budget constraints talks ceased and though its almost complete on that end talk will not continue until a budget can be reestablished. The film I am talking about has a cast consisting of several famous horror film genre people from Halloween.

But besides that story, this one is another that is speculation at the moment, remember don't judge a book by its cover, I think that this is something that many of us should actually look at and evaluate before coming to conclusions. I even found a IMDB link on it, which as soon as I figure out where I saved it I will post.

This post has been edited by Saturn's Pheonix: 03 October 2010 - 08:43 PM

#6 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:23 PM

sailormoon can't even get a legit dvd release.
people seriously think hollywood's going to shell out cash to do a movie adaptation?

we are having a rise of anime turn live action films being released in the states as of late.

all of those movies sans transformers (which is a special case and you know it)were major box office failures. movies are made when the studio is under the impression it'll be a success and they'll make a profit.

This post has been edited by Keiichi-chan: 03 October 2010 - 09:26 PM

#7 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:29 PM

As for the IMDB link, I don't see a anything listed for a live action movie that would be coming out in the next few years.
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#8 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:46 PM

I didn't say that it wasn't possible, or that it would never happen, just that the info related to those videos would be fake. Hollywood doesn't work like to work like that. Before they would have any kind of a cast list, there would have to be a screenplay. Typically only fans of the source would be willing to even speculate about taking a role without seeing any kind of screenplay. (See: Nic Cage as Ghostrider, Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, Keanu Reeves pushing for a Cowboy Bebop movie) Afterall, why would an actor bother wasting their time on a movie that's going to be crap? All it's going to do is prevent them from taking quality roles that come up later. This is probably the one saving grace to the rumors because you've got lower tier (but still household name) actors and not really major stars.

You don't often see a studio greenlight a production without some kind of screenplay either. Exceptions may be made so long as you can put a superstar involved (your Tom Cruises, Brad Pitts, Johnny Depps, actors that will pull in bank regardless of quality of the movie) or a project just about guaranteed to pull in huge money (typically series that have dedicated fanbases). That doesn't even get into rights for the property.

In the case of Pirates, the screenplay was originally written in 2001, then rewritten in 2002, Jerry Bruckheimer became attached, and then filming began. That said, there was still a screenplay before anyone was seriously attached to the project. When writing the script the writer may have someone in mind, but you don't sign the actors before you know what you're going to do with the characters or else you're going to miscast them into roles they can't play. Do you want Keanu Reeves playing ANY emotional character? You don't pay a bunch of money to get a Cameron Diaz if you're only going to put her in the movie for five minutes either. You get the script, then you get people that can fill the roles. Doing it in the reverse order is just setting yourself up for failure.

When you're talking about a property like Sailor Moon, you're also talking about a semi-big IP - one held by a Japanese company at that. So not only does anyone who wants to make a film have to contact the rights holder - which was not the case in Pirates (Disney already owned it obviously) and is less stringent in the case of Secretariat (public figure) - but they also have get all parties to agree to keep it a secret, and start casting people and only release information through a YouTube channel and through whispers. (I know viral marketing is big now, but really?)

It just doesn't pass the smell test to me. There are just way too many unknowns. I can't buy into this particular rumor.
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#9 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:09 PM

It's not that I think it's fake because it has big name actors in it; it's just that even a regular Hollywood movie wouldn't have that many in it.
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;

-Sidney Sheldon

#10 User is offline   Saturn's Pheonix 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:09 PM

View PostLina, on 03 October 2010 - 09:29 PM, said:

As for the IMDB link, I don't see a anything listed for a live action movie that would be coming out in the next few years.

You just have to dig for it like I did

#11 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:43 PM

View PostSaturn, on 03 October 2010 - 10:09 PM, said:

You just have to dig for it like I did

You're gonna have to find that link because I can't. :\
ACen '14 Cosplay

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#12 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:59 PM

View PostLina, on 03 October 2010 - 10:43 PM, said:

You're gonna have to find that link because I can't. :\

^ what she said.

-Sidney Sheldon

#13 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:17 PM

*shrugs* Time will tell, but it sounds fake to me. I think we are over the Sailor Moon fad, but then again they DID make that Speed Racer movie.
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#14 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:14 AM

View PostSka, on 03 October 2010 - 11:17 PM, said:

*shrugs* Time will tell, but it sounds fake to me. I think we are over the Sailor Moon fad, but then again they DID make that Speed Racer movie.

another movie that flopped horridly.
the more of these that flop, the less likely there are to be more of them.
not to mention, speed racer had a stronger mainstream presence than sailormoon ever did;
sailormoon is a cult thing, especially nowadays.

#15 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:40 AM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 04 October 2010 - 01:14 AM, said:

another movie that flopped horridly.
the more of these that flop, the less likely there are to be more of them.
not to mention, speed racer had a stronger mainstream presence than sailormoon ever did;
sailormoon is a cult thing, especially nowadays.

What is funny about Speed Racer is that my parents generation watched it and just thought it was a cartoon, not anime. My mom has a die-cast model of the car in Speed Racer (she likes cars lol) and I was like holy crap, you liked an anime?? :lol: But it wasn't really like that. It was kind of like how when I was little I'd watch Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura and I didn't really know anything about anime but I loved the show and learned later it was anime. It's interesting that the generation now is finding out earlier what it really is and researching further.
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#16 User is offline   Naruto9thDemon 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9171

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:56 AM

View PostSka, on 04 October 2010 - 09:40 AM, said:

What is funny about Speed Racer is that my parents generation watched it and just thought it was a cartoon, not anime. My mom has a die-cast model of the car in Speed Racer (she likes cars lol) and I was like holy crap, you liked an anime?? :lol: But it wasn't really like that. It was kind of like how when I was little I'd watch Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura and I didn't really know anything about anime but I loved the show and learned later it was anime. It's interesting that the generation now is finding out earlier what it really is and researching further.

Yea same with my dad (except for the whole car thing). He saw me watching Pokemon one day and was like "That looks like that Speed Racer cartoon that I used to watch." I was like O.O! But anyways back on topic. It looked plenty fake to me. Just like when DBZ had all those who should play who or this is the final list of who's playing whom. I know that I used to get Beckett DBZ Magazine a lot and they even had a legit list or w/e (or maybe it was who we wanted?) but either way it just goes to show that if there isn't a link on IMDB that's legit or something on Wiki at least then more likely then not there isn't going to be one at least not right now. And yea Transformers did well because well lets face it giant robots fighting each other is epic. And DB failed because it pretty much had nothing to do with DB except had the same names as the characters from the anime/manga. Speed Racer failed because it Speed Racer kinda speaks for itself. But the only reason those got made is because 1. Speed Racer/Transformers where big in their times. 2. Dragon Ball Z is just a very well known anime overall it's hard not to run into it at least once. 3. The main stream would eat up the idea of any of those movies being made. That said I agree with Keiichi-San, Sailor Moon just isn't big enough for all these big named actors. Not to mention like he said Sailor Moon these days has a cult following and that's about it. It was never really in the main stream for us and I doubt they'll ever bring it back in a big way.
~* That's Right I'm Kira *~

http://www.youtube.c...TR?feature=mhum

^ My Youtube Channel. Check it out.

#17 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:00 AM

I'm just gonna leave this here...

Yeah........
SoyCon 7: The School Edition | June 28-29, 2014 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

#18 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:06 AM

View PostSoy Sauce, on 05 October 2010 - 11:00 AM, said:

Yeah........

My eyes! They burn! ; 3;
ACen '14 Cosplay

#19 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:14 PM

Yeah........

The fact that a Sailor Scout was going to be placed in a wheelchair always, ALWAYS, gets me laughing.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#20 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:50 PM

View PostLina, on 05 October 2010 - 11:06 AM, said:

My eyes! They burn! ; 3;

What she said.

(DX the emotes on this forum are all too happy. There's noting that we can use to convey the pain and agony that occasionally comes with being an anime fan! Like that American Sailor moon thing....x.x)

-Sidney Sheldon

#21 User is offline   Ashikana 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 5452

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:29 PM

Soy I hate you! now i have to go burn my eyes!

But from what i heard from one of my Moonie friends, in short is that Naoko Takeuchi will not let any US company do anything more to sailor moon, like make a live action movie for instance.
But Im not too sure so yeah.
ACen 2013
Nami:: One Piece
Lucy: Fairy Tail
Gaige:: Borderlands 2

#22 User is offline   obakasan 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2555

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:34 AM

Yeah........

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

And a good reason WHY you don't want a US company doing anime...

Oh.... the pain....

This post has been edited by obakasan: 07 October 2010 - 11:36 AM

This space intentionally left blank.

#23 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:47 PM

View Postobakasan, on 07 October 2010 - 11:34 AM, said:

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

And a good reason WHY you don't want a US company doing anime...

Oh.... the pain....

i don't know. this always seemed like a faithful enough adaptation, and it was a US-made movie:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlWPos7meLs[/media]

#24 User is offline   Animexcel 

• Production Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 80

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:40 PM

I want to see a Magic User's Club live-action.
ACen Mascot Artist

#25 User is offline   bunnybeth 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 15

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:16 PM

Yeah........

Yeah, I knew that was going to be the Saban trailer, especially after seeing those "burning eyes" comments. I used to watch that in college when I was feeling bad... it made me feel better to know I couldn't create something so horrible.

For that and many other reasons I do hope that they don't ever make a Hollywood live action Sailor Moon. Pretty Guardian was certainly cheesy, but it was still all cute and Japanese.

And, on a semi-related note, how about a Hong Kong commercial promoting Sailor Moon to the women who grew up watching it? The idea of middle-aged Sailor Moon does amuse me.
CONversations A webcomic about the CON experience
Anime Eats! A cookbook inspired by food in anime and manga.

"Words can only hurt if you try to read them. Don't play their game." -Derek Zoolander
[BadCat Studios] [CONversations] [Bunnybeth.net]

#26 User is offline   Snow_Storm 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58697

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:46 AM

I know this topic is old but I gotta repeat some of the other folks said: This is a old video and if this would had been pitch, we would have heard mroe news on it. Not only that, the rights to the series are not going to be release to the states after what we did to the anime years ago.
ACen 2014 Cosplay List (Final)

Goat-Kun (Umineko no Naku Koro Ni) - Friday
Garterbelt (Panty and Stocking) - Saturday
Coach (Left 4 Dead 2) - Thursay (maybe), Saturday

#27 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:07 PM

View PostSnow_Storm, on 05 November 2010 - 07:46 AM, said:

I know this topic is old but I gotta repeat some of the other folks said: This is a old video and if this would had been pitch, we would have heard mroe news on it. Not only that, the rights to the series are not going to be release to the states after what we did to the anime years ago.

You mean Zoicite's not a a chick and Uranus and Neptune aren't cousins? :eek: Blasphemy!

-Sidney Sheldon

#28 User is offline   GinTheDark 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 17933

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:07 PM

View PostKaay-chan, on 06 November 2010 - 04:07 PM, said:

You mean Zoicite's not a a chick and Uranus and Neptune aren't cousins? :eek: Blasphemy!

The first time I watched Sailor Moon S was the dubbed version, but I already knew prior to watching that Uranus and Neptune were a couple(character profiles and the internetz). Then I watched the dub and they were all like "We're cousins, duh!" and I was all like "....So, they're cousins....Both girls.....And they're dating? WTF?" I was confused XP Now I understand, of course. Dub is lame. :thumbdown: Takeuchi is right to be cautious, though I wish she'd let Funimation get it T_T

Anyway, on topic, ya, this is totally fake. Though I think that's already been established :D
Acen rocks, amirite?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users