Anime Central Forums: Xenosaga 2011 - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Xenosaga 2011 And Xenogears and Xenoblade.

#1 User is offline   Kaishun 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 57115
  • Location:Under the Central Shaft in the Song of Nephilim... *hides*

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

Any Xeno-series cosplayers coming to ACEN 2011?

Concerning the time, it was smack-dab in the middle of Saturday last year, which I think deterred most people from coming to our humble photoshot. (Though rumor had it that it was moved. Don't move it on the poor Albedos! ;_; )
Saturday tends to be the 'popular' day for photoshoots--Bleach, Naruto, etc. etc.
So, I was thinking that it could be on Sunday! Like, sometime between 1 and 4--I noticed a lot of people left ACEN after the Exhibit Hall closed, and everything else began to, so it'd be excellent to have an amazing photoshoot as an amazing end! Yosh.
Up to the majority, though. c:

And if you say who you're planning on bein', I could make a neat little list here, too, so others can know who to expect to come.
And make you feel worse if you don't hold up your plans. >:3

2011 Planned Cosplays (alphabetically by username):
[Username][Cosplay][Game, Style] Other Details
cactusmomma & family Uzuki Family [Yui and Midori Uzuki] Xenogears Sunday
Kaishun Albedo Piazolla Xenosaga 1/Regular & 2/Child Friday & Sunday
ShadowYin-Yang Jr. or chaos Xenosaga Uncertain
stinababe KOS-MOS Xenosaga 3, V4 Planned for Friday

Day: Friday
Time: 6 - 6:30 pm

Day: Sunday
Time: 12:30 - 1 pm

This post has been edited by Kaishun: 10 May 2011 - 02:53 PM

Future Conventions: ACen '14, Matsuri or Ramencon '14
Friday: Sho Minamimoto (TWEWY)
Saturday: Saix (KH2) & Kadaj (FFVIIAC)
Sunday: Albedo Piazzolla (XS1)

#2 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:46 PM

Sunday would be awesome. I know my little Uzuki family went looking for people, but they all kind of disappeared. I'll bring Yui and Midori again!

#3 User is offline   Kaishun 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:39 PM

I'm glad you agree!
I actually checked last years forum for Xeno-series, and found quite a surprise:
Xenosaga fans and Xenogears fans can NOT recognize one another. I was in the background on one of your pictures. I'm the non-elf white-head to the right, s'posed to be Albedo Piazolla (and there was a Testament Albedo outside of the picture--since I wring my hand if I'm wearing my gloves when talking to people, as I'm doin' in that picture.)
One'd think I'd recognize someone that looked so like Jin Uzuki, but alas! No such luck. Elly came to the meet, too, just a bit late.
Next year I'm bringing and amazing Xenogears list so I can recognize all Xenogears peoples. I still need to find Xenogears somewhere, and buy a PS1 memory card.
Alas, I ramble! Thanks for posting, I was worried none would. XD;

#4 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:28 PM

Gahaha, sorry about that. I was actually kind of steamed at my Citan at that point (marital strife like a mofo.), so we were in a 'forget it, quick shot, then let's go change' mood. (Awesome though. Photobombed by the past <3)

Maybe we can set something up throughout the year otherwise!

#5 User is offline   Kaishun 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:04 PM

No need to apologize, I didn't see you, either! (And the fellow Albedo I was talking to, who has played Xenogears is beating himself up for not seeing you guys. X3)
I was mad at my collar and cape (both issues fixed, now), but no-o way I was going to change. I tend to make my cosplays a touch inaccurate, but extremely comfortable. Yosh.

Set something up? Like, a non-ACEN photoshoot? I wouldn't be able to do that, personally, as I live 3 hours from Chicago. XD;
But! That might not be what you mean. So, could you elaborate? c:

#6 User is offline   stinababe 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3355

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:44 PM

Going to be doing KOS-MOS ver. 4 for friday this year :)
_~*!Stina!*~_
~ACen 13~
-Fri- Amano Esper Terra (Final Fantasy VI)
-Sat- Elysium (Soul Calibur V)

Innocently Rebellious <3

#7 User is offline   ShadowYin-Yang 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 45136

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:56 AM

I REALLY want to cosplay as Jr. or maybe even chaos. Just not sure if I can get myself to work on it for Acen2011. I didn't see ANY Xeno people in 2010 though>.<
ACen 2014:

Confirmed:
-Ash Ketchum (Sinnoh/DP) (Pokemon)
-Louise Belcher (Bob's Burgers)

Maybes:
N/A

#8 User is offline   Kaishun 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:00 PM

@stinababe
Aw, Friday? Well, I'll be sure to hunt you down for pictures after the convention. c:

@ShadowYY
Well, episode one Jr. would really be a pretty fast cosplay. Paint some shoes, cut some lime green scrubs, and beat up a coat. The other episodes would take longer, though...
chaos' would take quite a bit of work to get it just-so, though... unless, maybe, you went as Robe'chaos from XS3. Yay, robes!
But, either way. You should definitely squeeze it in. If the photoshoot is late Sunday as mentioned, then it shouldn't be much an issue to 'fit it in'... right? Most people leave of boredom by then... which is just sad! Hanging out is fun, too. Yes.

#9 User is offline   ShadowYin-Yang 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:14 PM

View PostKaishun, on 19 October 2010 - 09:00 PM, said:

@stinababe
Aw, Friday? Well, I'll be sure to hunt you down for pictures after the convention. c:

@ShadowYY
Well, episode one Jr. would really be a pretty fast cosplay. Paint some shoes, cut some lime green scrubs, and beat up a coat. The other episodes would take longer, though...
chaos' would take quite a bit of work to get it just-so, though... unless, maybe, you went as Robe'chaos from XS3. Yay, robes!
But, either way. You should definitely squeeze it in. If the photoshoot is late Sunday as mentioned, then it shouldn't be much an issue to 'fit it in'... right? Most people leave of boredom by then... which is just sad! Hanging out is fun, too. Yes.

I'm thinking his first one may be the easiest to do(although the pants, or adding the stuff on his trenchjacket is gonna be annoying to make...>.<). By choice, I may pick the 3rd game's costume but his pants are throwing me off...and his belt-thingy is gonna be a pain
But i'm surprised anyone even responded to me lol! I guess I could...TRY! Not sure how it's gonna go with my annoying college life@_@

This post has been edited by ShadowYin-Yang: 20 October 2010 - 06:19 PM

ACen 2014:

Confirmed:

Maybes:
N/A

#10 User is offline   Kaishun 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:08 PM

View PostShadowYin-Yang, on 20 October 2010 - 06:14 PM, said:

I'm thinking his first one may be the easiest to do(although the pants, or adding the stuff on his trenchjacket is gonna be annoying to make...>.<). By choice, I may pick the 3rd game's costume but his pants are throwing me off...and his belt-thingy is gonna be a pain
But I'm surprised anyone even responded to me lol! I guess I could...TRY! Not sure how it's gonna go with my annoying college life @_@

The first is the simplest, since the rest have weird quirks that make them utterly impossible--like, yeah, the pants in the third. I've heard most advice is to just put jean shorts over maroon pants, and then attach a border. The holster, though, well... I'm sure people won't be too mad if that's a bit inaccurate. Since it's ridiculous. D:
XS3 Jr. is probably cheaper due to the lack-of-trenchcoat... and I think he looks the most fashionable in it. In the other episodes, I fear he might be colorblind.
Poor, poor little roux... if I ever saw a XS2 Jr., I'd flip. They'd have to make it from scratch, red trench coats are hard to find! (And epically expensive.)
I'm sure you can fit it into college! I believe in you! I'm very response-ful. c:

#11 User is offline   ShadowYin-Yang 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:10 PM

View PostKaishun, on 24 October 2010 - 03:08 PM, said:

The first is the simplest, since the rest have weird quirks that make them utterly impossible--like, yeah, the pants in the third. I've heard most advice is to just put jean shorts over maroon pants, and then attach a border. The holster, though, well... I'm sure people won't be too mad if that's a bit inaccurate. Since it's ridiculous. D:
XS3 Jr. is probably cheaper due to the lack-of-trenchcoat... and I think he looks the most fashionable in it. In the other episodes, I fear he might be colorblind.
Poor, poor little roux... if I ever saw a XS2 Jr., I'd flip. They'd have to make it from scratch, red trench coats are hard to find! (And epically expensive.)
I'm sure you can fit it into college! I believe in you! I'm very response-ful. c:

Lol I'm just a bit of a perfectionist sometimes^^; So even if it won't irk other people, it would irk me! XD

I agree on 3rd being the most fashionable, it's my favorite outfit(even though I love trenchcoats). But man, 2 was my least favorite due to that stupid turtleneck!!! I hate turtlenecks, expecially those that look hot to wear and snug against the neck>.< I mean I have worn turtlenecks for costumes but never really liked to-_-

Since I have made a trenchcat before(not out of heay fabric though), I didn't really see those as a problem. I will print out some pics of Jr. between outfit 1 and 3 and then discuss it over with some friends to see which I'll be

But...okay, I think I will try to squeeze it in! You'll have to nag me though! I'm a big procrastinator and don't have much modivation T_T
And awesome that you are^^ People aren't so responsive on the forums I feel like.
ACen 2014:

Confirmed:

Maybes:
N/A

#12 User is offline   Kaishun 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:54 PM

So, so, we need our time/day and location!
As I said earlier, I was thinking sometime late on Sunday--maybe at 4PM or 4:30? That way, the Exhibit Gallery would be closed, and we won't be in a major "But I still have money to spend!" splurge.
Regarding the location, I skimmed through the pictures (thank you, cactusmomma c: ), and found that the gardens look very good!
To be completely honest, the gardens remind of the Durandal's Park and... yeah. Heh.
The photoshoot "booking" starts the 27th, and though I would really like to avoid being in the same block as the more popular series, that location is quite tempting. Of course, many people go home right after the Exhibit Hall closes, which is a total shame; personally, I didn't leave until about 6 last year, and I have a 3 hour drive.
Anywho. Whadoya guys think?

This post has been edited by Kaishun: 03 December 2010 - 04:05 PM

#13 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:10 PM

Con is generally officially done by then.. I'd say closer to 10-noon would be best. Last run through the exhibit hall is usually done, checkout should be done-ish.. and there's generally no real crowds at that point. People are tired and wanna run to their flights. We could possibly also do something on Saturday morning too?

#14 User is offline   Kaishun 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:56 PM

Aah, I was just going off my experience. I stayed 'til 6PM Sunday, so, yeah. 8D;
Noon'd be good. Or maybe 12:30? So that people aren't rushing to get all their crap in the car and run to the photoshoot.

Since we have a KOSMOS going on Friday, we could do something Friday evening? Friday evening and Sunday morning, yes?
Just dunno if a less-popular series should really have two photoshoots, but maybe it SHOULD have two, for that very reason of lacking popularity. Yeah?

Hm... anyways, I'm definitely all-for Sunday at noonish, but not sure about a second one. *shrug* c:

#15 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

I'd be good with a late Friday evening shoot and then a Sunday one. We could take the dome for Friday.. and Xenogears is getting a release on PSN very soon, so that should help things.

#16 User is offline   Kaishun 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:24 PM

Alright, sounds good! Stina said they'd be on Friday, and SYY is unknown, so if you're cool with it, and I'm cool with it... I'll put it on your board and make it all epically official. Yeah! Ah, I really best work on my URTV outfit, tssssk. I just don't want to mess up! Justified paranoia!

Xenogears on PSN, yes, hopefully very soon is, truly, very soon! And not months... but, yeah! I'll finally get to play the beloved "sequel", or god knows what its actual time is. ;u;
I bought a new memory card for my PSP so that I could fit Xenogears. I bet it's gonna be huge. Like... 2 Gigs or something. I'll have no bandwidth for months. c:

#17 User is offline   Skribblez 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 51877

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:24 AM

Not a cosplayer of Xenosaga but I'm a huge fan so I would love to see any of you guys at Acen ^_^
"I need an adult!"

Add me on Facebook! ^_^

#18 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:10 AM

Can't wait for the Sunday meet. Got everything all nice and packed!

For the record, we won't have our Citan this year, so it'll just be my daughter and I with Yui/Midori.

(But if there's a slim chance anyone sees a Citan during con, GRAB THEM)

#19 User is offline   Kaishun 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:28 PM

Hahah, I got to add the times to my post, and BAM, you're already on it, CactusMomma. Thank you. <3
But! A shame about your Citan. Maybe if we find a Jin, he can put on some glasses and pretend. c:
Are you even gonna drop by the Friday photoshoot? You should at least come and be a photo-ist!

...wait a minute. You've packed everything already? Dang! I'm still sewing awaaaay.

#20 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:13 AM

I'll definitely pop by at the least! (I'll be meandering around taking headcounts.)

Wait though.. isn't Jin a relative of Yui? ...hahaha that would be awkward.

And yep! Totally packed! The black bag is petticoats. D:

#21 User is offline   Uchiha Sakura 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 50436

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:19 AM

I wish that my Kos-mos costume was in wearabe order. :( I've only worn her once and it was well loved even if it didn't want to co-operate. I hope you guys have fun!
My site -> Uchiha Sakura

#22 User is offline   Kaishun 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:48 PM

@cm
Why do you take head counts, anyways? To make sure the meets aren't too big?
Furthermore, your picture won't work for me. But, my net's mean.
AND EVEN FURTHER, presuming Xenogears world is similar to ours, Yui would only be an Uzuki by title, not blood.
So, no, it would be like going out with Citan's creepy old uncle, rather than incest. c:

@US
I bet if you try reeeeal hard, you can fix your KOSMOS in a week? ;u;
I believe in you!

#23 User is offline   Uchiha Sakura 

• Pip

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:05 PM

lol it's very tempting. :)
Kos-Mos
It's really not all that great but that's me in my Kos-Mos costume.

This post has been edited by Uchiha Sakura: 10 May 2011 - 08:05 PM

My site -> Uchiha Sakura

#24 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:47 AM

View PostKaishun, on 10 May 2011 - 02:48 PM, said:

@cm
Why do you take head counts, anyways? To make sure the meets aren't too big?
Furthermore, your picture won't work for me. But, my net's mean.
AND EVEN FURTHER, presuming Xenogears world is similar to ours, Yui would only be an Uzuki by title, not blood.
So, no, it would be like going out with Citan's creepy old uncle, rather than incest. c:

But.. Citan took on Yui's last name when he went to the planet.. :o
As for headcounts.. it gives us an idea of how many people showed up so we can arrange for space next year.

#25 User is offline   Kaishun 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:53 AM

@cm
Oh yeah... hahah, sorry, I don't study Xenogears as intensely as Xenosaga. I knew he changed his name from Hyuga->Citan, but didn't realize the logical conclusion he also changed his last name. He looks too much like Jin, then. ;_;

@US
You kidding? That's awesome! You look good with it, having a rather KOS-MOS jaw.
You should definitely spiff it up and commme. c:

#26 User is offline   Uchiha Sakura 

• Pip

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:59 PM

aww thanks Kaishun. We'll see. what time is the gathering?
My site -> Uchiha Sakura

#27 User is offline   Kaishun 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

@US
We're so epic, we have two! *points to first post*
Friday at 6 PM at the Lower Dome and Sunday at 12:30 PM at the Garden. Yup. c:

#28 User is offline   Uchiha Sakura 

• Pip

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:38 PM

I'll have to see if I can make it to either one.
My site -> Uchiha Sakura

#29 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:47 PM

Come to the Sunday one~ I've never seen a Kos-Mos irl!

#30 User is offline   Uchiha Sakura 

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

I can't on sunday because I have a 7 hour drive home. Sorry
My site -> Uchiha Sakura

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users