Lolitas 2011

#31 User is offline   Steam_Loli216 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59481

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:08 AM

I'd love to go to a meet up! :D
I'll be wearing a Punk (more like geek) Lolita ensemble on Friday and Steampunk-Loli hybrid on Saturday. I'd love to meet some of you! :D
User is stationed in Southern California

It's a girl! Skylar Marie, born February 8th, 2013 :) Proud mama and wife and sailor

~~Dream Cosplays: -- Fai D. Flourite (Tsubasa) -- Dr. Jezebel Disraeli (Godchild) -- Seth Nightroad and Lady Asran (Trinity Blood) -- Lettuce (Tokyo Mew Mew) -- Misha (Pita Ten) -- Starfire (Teen Titans)~~

#32 User is offline   Soso 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19667

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:05 PM

I'm really excited
My friend brought me a little bear cape
and I'm designing a teddy bear inspired outfit
I really <3 teddy bears
Spoiler - Stephanie Brown

#33 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 1211

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:01 AM

Hey guys, did somebody already start planning this? Shannon made a post in chigothloli a few days ago, and there were no comments, so I told her I would help her organize it. I also checked acen_gosurori and the people who commented didn't sound like they were sure they wanted to do it. I didn't even know this thread existed until now. I already started looking for a meetup spot and came here to spread the news, but if someone else has already started planning something different please let me know and I'll stop. I don't want to steal someone's thunder.

Perhaps we need better communication between here and acen_gosurori? I don't think she would have posted to the other community if she'd known you were already discussing plans.
kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com
Please come visit studio RoKulié in the artist alley!

#34 User is offline   Chibifaery 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 8986

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:34 PM

View PostKurolokiRoku, on 16 March 2011 - 11:01 AM, said:

Hey guys, did somebody already start planning this? Shannon made a post in chigothloli a few days ago, and there were no comments, so I told her I would help her organize it. I also checked acen_gosurori and the people who commented didn't sound like they were sure they wanted to do it. I didn't even know this thread existed until now. I already started looking for a meetup spot and came here to spread the news, but if someone else has already started planning something different please let me know and I'll stop. I don't want to steal someone's thunder.

Perhaps we need better communication between here and acen_gosurori? I don't think she would have posted to the other community if she'd known you were already discussing plans.

yeah not all of us are in Chigothloli. XD I saw the post in Acen_gosurori but I think I was one of the few people whom said they were interested in a meet up but wasn't up for planning. My opinion posting here and Acen_gosurori would probably get the most girls to see it. I cant speak for the other girls, but I think it has still been just kicked around a bit on here; unless somebody started more? XD
What if the hokey-pokey is what it is all about?

#35 User is offline   Deleciel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 48324

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:35 PM

I'm sure everything will get going as soon as April comes around. I'm afraid that Shannon isn't online on fb much either. You're better off joining Chigothloli anyway since it's more active than the fb group.

Anime Central 2011:
Deadmau5 head: 40% finished

#36 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:45 AM

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you should join chigothloli, since it's not really made to plan anime-type things. It's just that the regular Lolitas don't seem to check the acen forum either. Posting in multiple places is probably best so that everyone sees the information.

(You guys don't have to join, but here is the lolita Acen community if you want to check it out: http://community.liv.../acen_gosurori/)

Would you guys rather meetup in the same place (in the convention center next to the escalators), or somewhere outdoors for more room? There's a cute little area by the front of the hotel called "tree patch" that I thought we could meet in (see this thread), but we wouldn't be able to meet there until 12 or later on Sunday because there's another meetup scheduled there at 11:30am on Sunday. Please don't be shy to suggest other areas too.
kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com

#37 User is offline   Deleciel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:49 PM

Knowing Illinois' weather, it might be a good idea to keep two locations in mind: one outdoors and indoors. The Tree patch seems to be fine, but only if the weather is predicted to be fair (we'll know as May gets closer). I'm fine where we were last year (behind donald center escalators). The downside is that it did get a little crowded and we did had to be pushed behind the escalators - not the best area for photos either, however, it was convenient to have the restrooms nearby as people needed a place to try on clothes during the swapping portion.

Anime Central 2011:

#38 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:16 AM

Oh that's true, I forgot how convenient it was for everyone to try on items at the bathrooms nearby. I think that there is a designated indoor alternative to that spot in case of bad weather, but I will have to check and see how close it is to bathrooms, or pick a better spot.

Alternatively, how would you guys feel about meeting behind the escalators for the swap and then moving outdoors? Too complicated?

If the weather is bad, we won't be able to have a picnic after all. Are you guys opposed to having a swap meet and photoshoot instead, or maybe just a meet-n-greet?
kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com

#39 User is offline   Chibifaery 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:28 PM

View PostKurolokiRoku, on 22 March 2011 - 12:16 AM, said:

Oh that's true, I forgot how convenient it was for everyone to try on items at the bathrooms nearby. I think that there is a designated indoor alternative to that spot in case of bad weather, but I will have to check and see how close it is to bathrooms, or pick a better spot.

Alternatively, how would you guys feel about meeting behind the escalators for the swap and then moving outdoors? Too complicated?

If the weather is bad, we won't be able to have a picnic after all. Are you guys opposed to having a swap meet and photoshoot instead, or maybe just a meet-n-greet?

I think that sounds good. And hey if the weather is bad enough I suppose we could just have an indoor picnic right there maybe? I am sure if we're off to the side people wont mind.

#40 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:35 PM

I wasn't able to go last year, so did you guys have a picnic then? The last time I went, only a few people brought snacks and tea. I'm afraid that if we bring a ton of food indoors, it will look too suspicious and the convention center will give us a hard time or kick us out. I don't know if the convention center is the same, but every hotel I've been to hasn't allowed guests to bring food inside (even though people sometimes get away with it anyway).
kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com

#41 User is offline   Chibifaery 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:42 PM

View PostKurolokiRoku, on 23 March 2011 - 03:35 PM, said:

I wasn't able to go last year, so did you guys have a picnic then? The last time I went, only a few people brought snacks and tea. I'm afraid that if we bring a ton of food indoors, it will look too suspicious and the convention center will give us a hard time or kick us out. I don't know if the convention center is the same, but every hotel I've been to hasn't allowed guests to bring food inside (even though people sometimes get away with it anyway).

I didn't get to go last year. :'( Sadly. But yeah I understand your concern for the convention center and hotel. I know the hotel doesn't allow food at events. Which is BOO! I guess maybe they're worried about people not cleaning up after themselves? Maybe just do small snacks? Cookies and that sort of thing since those are just so small.

#42 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:42 PM

Would you guys be ok with meeting up at the east outdoor wall instead? If there's bad weather we can just walk inside the dome area. I'm not sure where the bathrooms are in that area though.

Here's a thread with location reference photos: http://www.acen.org/...11/#entry985461

For some reason I've always been under the impression that the spot next to the escalators was temporary, so that's why I decided to scout for a more open location this year. If we end up moving and you guys don't like it as much, we could always move it back next year.
kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com

#43 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:51 PM

Oh I didn't refresh my browser so I didn't see your reply XD; Oops.

Acen isn't allowed to sell or distribute food because the Hyatt has a contract with another company who is exclusively in charge of food sales. Er, I probably butchered it but it's something like that. I also just don't feel comfortable having a meal in an area that was not designated for eating, though. So I was thinking maybe only the people who feel comfortable can pack their own lunch and bring it with? Or buy it there, since there's no way that could bother the hotel.

In the past we've gotten away with a few people bringing some cookies and finger sandwiches. 30 different dishes with enough to feed 30 people each would probably get us the evil eye, though.

Leaving trash around would also be a problem, as I've heard they can fine people who litter too much.

This post has been edited by KurolokiRoku: 23 March 2011 - 04:53 PM

kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com

#44 User is offline   Chibifaery 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:56 PM

View PostKurolokiRoku, on 23 March 2011 - 04:51 PM, said:

Oh I didn't refresh my browser so I didn't see your reply XD; Oops.

Acen isn't allowed to sell or distribute food because the Hyatt has a contract with another company who is exclusively in charge of food sales. Er, I probably butchered it but it's something like that. I also just don't feel comfortable having a meal in an area that was not designated for eating, though. So I was thinking maybe only the people who feel comfortable can pack their own lunch and bring it with? Or buy it there, since there's no way that could bother the hotel.

In the past we've gotten away with a few people bringing some cookies and finger sandwiches. 30 different dishes with enough to feed 30 people each would probably get us the evil eye, though.

Leaving trash around would also be a problem, as I've heard they can fine people who litter too much.

GASP! I see how it is! ;) I personally think that can be a good spot too. I vote for it. :) And for the snacks..maybe a picnic is out but some cookies and small things would be ok I would think.

#45 User is offline   Winky 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59525

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:45 AM

That's a great spot! I think for the timing (I saw the post on the LJ) that a meet-up/swap/photoshoot may be a better option than a picnic that may be more time consuming and take away from the rest of the Sunday activities that people may want to do. (I haven't gone in forever but I remember leaving the hotels and what not by 2/3 usually). I may still bring cupcakes though for us all because it's just an extra special treat : )
Acen 2011---First ACen since 2006!

Costumes:
Meryl Stryfe: 0% done!
Gothic lolita : Working on making 2 different outfits <3

#46 User is offline   Deleciel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:56 PM

Last year we did have a picnic and in spite of having about 50 or so people there, there really wasn't much of a problem. Most of the girls who attended brought their own things (the hostess had a list of who was bringing what) and we were old enough to know better than to make a mess of the place. If it does get a little too complicated to plan out, I'm fine with a swap meet and greet. And if that latter idea works best, I think that we're better off meeting up indoors rather than out. I wouldn't want a blouse worth 70 bucks get any grass stain on it and it would be a bit inconvenient to not have a restroom nearby.

Anime Central 2011:

#47 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:46 PM

Hey guys, so far we're aiming for 12:30 at the East Outdoor Wall. I'm just waiting for it to be added to Acen's meetup list. I was originally going to wait for that to happen to announce anything, but now I see there are more people responding to the thread, so I'm sorry for the delay! Seems like most people who gave me their input are ok with a swap meet and picnic, and someone also suggested playing some games, so if you have any game ideas feel free to suggest them.

So far only two people have mentioned that they dislike changing the meetup area, so I went with the support of the majority...I'm sorry if this inconveniences anyone. If the majority of you guys end up not enjoying it though, it's still Shannon's meetup and you can likely count on her to run it again next year. I volunteered to help her organize it this year because she's busy with finals, so I just wanted to make sure we had plenty of space and were within the rules of the convention/hotel while still being able to take part in the same activities as previous years.

I'll post more details once I'm certain that location is ours. Thanks for all of your input so far!
kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com

#48 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:15 PM

I'm glad I found this thread~ /sneaks in/
I can't wait!!! I've been away from the lolita scene for a long time and have recently come back into it.
I've been meaning to make a sailor or some other coord and if I get it done in time, will definitely bring it to acen!! Can't wait to meetup :D

This post has been edited by Gabichox: 04 April 2011 - 01:15 PM

ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]
Elf - Dragon's Crown [Friday]
Agnès Oblige!Freelancer - Bravely Default [Saturday]

#49 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:31 PM

The more the merrier :D
kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com

#50 User is offline   Winky 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:54 PM

View PostGabichox, on 04 April 2011 - 01:15 PM, said:

I'm glad I found this thread~ /sneaks in/
I can't wait!!! I've been away from the lolita scene for a long time and have recently come back into it.
I've been meaning to make a sailor or some other coord and if I get it done in time, will definitely bring it to acen!! Can't wait to meetup :D

I was thinking about doing a sailor themed outfit too! It'd be fun to have a twin!

Costumes:

#51 User is offline   White Rose Assassin 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 11431

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:42 PM

I have lolita fashion in my closet. I think I'll be bringing one or two dresses with me.
Traveling
convention reports that rock!

#52 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:11 PM

View PostWinky, on 08 April 2011 - 04:54 PM, said:

I was thinking about doing a sailor themed outfit too! It'd be fun to have a twin!

Ohh! It would definitely be fun to twin :D
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]

#53 User is offline   Winky 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:02 AM

View PostGabichox, on 10 April 2011 - 07:11 PM, said:

Ohh! It would definitely be fun to twin :D

Yay! I feel in a way it's a bit cliche to do sailor styled lolita, but it's perfect for spring and so cute. I was thinking of just doing a simple black/white or white/navy coordinate. How about you? : )

Costumes:

#54 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:03 PM

View PostWinky, on 11 April 2011 - 12:02 AM, said:

Yay! I feel in a way it's a bit cliche to do sailor styled lolita, but it's perfect for spring and so cute. I was thinking of just doing a simple black/white or white/navy coordinate. How about you? : )

Cliche? How so? XDD I agree that it's perfect for spring!
I was planning to do a simple white and black dress. I'm going to start working on it today. :]
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]

#55 User is offline   Winky 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:06 PM

View PostGabichox, on 11 April 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:

Cliche? How so? XDD I agree that it's perfect for spring!
I was planning to do a simple white and black dress. I'm going to start working on it today. :]

I guess that wasn't a good choice of words. Maybe...a little bit too overdone for spring? But even in standard fashion nautical is always in. And I love it! So a black and white dress? I was thinking of a black skirt/white top. I can't wait to see yours finished! What are you doing for accessories? I'm trying to find a cute little sailor hat to wear but I'm having terrible luck!

Costumes:

#56 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:10 PM

Ohhh! I see I see. I don't really mind if it's overdone :]
I'll definitely post pictures when I'm done! I was possibly going to make a sailor hat to wear. If that doesn't work out the I'll possibly make some bows. I have such a hard time accessorizing DX
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]

#57 User is offline   Winky 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:49 PM

View PostGabichox, on 11 April 2011 - 02:10 PM, said:

Ohhh! I see I see. I don't really mind if it's overdone :]
I'll definitely post pictures when I'm done! I was possibly going to make a sailor hat to wear. If that doesn't work out the I'll possibly make some bows. I have such a hard time accessorizing DX

Aw! I think you'll be able to make something cute. I think you should bring an anchor and I'll bring a life saver! Perfect accessories : P You're adorable btw (If that's you in your icon)! We'll make an adorable team!

Costumes:

#58 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:49 PM

XDD If I brought an anchor that'd be hilarious. Though I AM going to embroider an anchor somewhere on my dress. Probably on my tie.
Thanks! So are you :DD
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]

#59 User is offline   Winky 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:59 PM

View PostGabichox, on 12 April 2011 - 02:49 PM, said:

XDD If I brought an anchor that'd be hilarious. Though I AM going to embroider an anchor somewhere on my dress. Probably on my tie.
Thanks! So are you :DD

Thank you! I was thinking about doing something similar with a rope screen print along the hem but I think I'm just too simple for that.An anchor on the tie would be perfect though!

Costumes:

#60 User is offline   ruechan89 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9960

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:59 PM

I'll be there ^^ I'm not sure what outfit I'll be wearing yet.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users