• This topic is locked

Musician Cosplay Group 2011 A Feeler Post

#1 User is offline   Deleciel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 48324

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:54 PM

Hello fellow cosplayers! Last year, I noticed a nicely sized amount of people cosplaying as musician and band members (including myself as Deadmau5), and thanks to the Lady Gaga group from Otakon 2010, I wanted to know if there will be other (and perhaps, more) people cosplaying as musicians next year. I also want to know if it is possible to have a group photo during the event. If Sailor Moon, One Piece, and Naruto can have their own photo shoot scheduled, why not musicians? (well, even if we don't get anything "scheduled" it would be nice to meet and take photos all at one place)

Let me know what you're planning on doing, if you need any cosplay ideas, and/or any other input related to this subject.

See you at ACen '11!

EDIT:
Meet up at East Indoor Wall: 6 PM, Saturday

Go to this thread for more info
http://www.acen.org/...atherings-2011/

In case you're not familiar with the area, it's upstairs in the Hyatt by the escalators.

Day: Saturday
Time: 10 - 10:30 pm

This post has been edited by cactusmomma: 07 May 2011 - 07:09 AM

Anime Central 2011:
Deadmau5 head: 40% finished

#2 User is offline   Deleciel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:22 PM

Double Bubble Posting: Cosplay Ideas

Western:
Katy Perry California Girls mv
Daft Punk
Lady Gaga (do I need to show examples?)
Cyndi Lauper
KISS
David Bowie (desu - btw, whom cosplayed as him from Labrynth? That was an awesome cosplay!)
Michael Jackson
Britney Spears ex 1, ex 2
Elvis
Bloody Beetroots
(for the lulz) Kanye West
Beyoncé - I will praise you forever if you attempt to dress up in her Single Ladies, Diva, or Sweet Dreams costumes!
The Lonely Island - did anyone do this last year?

Eastern:
V-Kei musicians/band members: Mana from Malice Mizer, Versailles (sorry, I don't listen to v-kei. I'm all about shibuya-kei xD)
Aural Vampire: Rave Man, Exo Chika (btw, who won the contest?)
Capsule: check out Toshiko's dress in 2:20
Perfume
Hangry and Angry
Morning Mesume
Utada Hikau: I love the dress she wears in this mv even though it's effing long!
Nana Kitade
Kanon Wakeshima

Now that I think about it, I probably would love to have some vocaloid characters thrown in the mix

Anime Central 2011:

#3 User is offline   Deleciel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:29 PM

ACK. Please delete and/or ignore this post. I accidently hit reply, rather than edit >_<

This post has been edited by Deleciel: 26 August 2010 - 03:31 PM

Anime Central 2011:

#4 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:39 PM

Prince and Rick James cosplays are always lively.
Bowie's Ziggy Stardust is a Halloween mainstay.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#5 User is offline   hellocutie <3 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 58581

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:42 PM

View PostDeleciel, on 26 August 2010 - 03:22 PM, said:

Double Bubble Posting: Cosplay Ideas

Western:
Katy Perry California Girls mv
Daft Punk
Lady Gaga (do I need to show examples?)
Cyndi Lauper
KISS
David Bowie (desu - btw, whom cosplayed as him from Labrynth? That was an awesome cosplay!)
Michael Jackson
Britney Spears ex 1, ex 2
Elvis
Bloody Beetroots
(for the lulz) Kanye West
Beyoncé - I will praise you forever if you attempt to dress up in her Single Ladies, Diva, or Sweet Dreams costumes!
The Lonely Island - did anyone do this last year?

Eastern:
V-Kei musicians/band members: Mana from Malice Mizer, Versailles (sorry, I don't listen to v-kei. I'm all about shibuya-kei xD)
Aural Vampire: Rave Man, Exo Chika (btw, who won the contest?)
Capsule: check out Toshiko's dress in 2:20
Perfume
Hangry and Angry
Morning Mesume
Utada Hikau: I love the dress she wears in this mv even though it's effing long!
Nana Kitade
Kanon Wakeshima

Now that I think about it, I probably would love to have some vocaloid characters thrown in the mix

I'd love to see someone cosplay Malice Mizer, Versailles, Hangry&Angry, Lonely Island, Lady Gaga... and all of the Eastern Musicians sound really cool! I'm excited to see this come together!
Look at my ribbon! Say hello to me when you see me! <3

#6 User is offline   keitaro-849 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9285

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:25 AM

does k-on! count? lol
If you wanna chat to me ;)
aim: keitaro849
msn: alan849@hotmail.com
yahoo: dejiko849
facebook: http://facebook.com/Dashy.of.harmony

#7 User is offline   Deleciel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:04 PM

View Postkeitaro-849, on 06 September 2010 - 12:25 AM, said:

does k-on! count? lol

You know...that would be great!

Anime Central 2011:

#8 User is offline   Yumikire 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59246

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:38 AM

View PostDeleciel, on 26 August 2010 - 02:54 PM, said:

Hello fellow cosplayers! Last year, I noticed a nicely sized amount of people cosplaying as musician and band members (including myself as Deadmau5), and thanks to the Lady Gaga group from Otakon 2010, I wanted to know if there will be other (and perhaps, more) people cosplaying as musicians next year. I also want to know if it is possible to have a group photo during the event. If Sailor Moon, One Piece, and Naruto can have their own photo shoot scheduled, why not musicians? (well, even if we don't get anything "scheduled" it would be nice to meet and take photos all at one place)

Next ACen, on Friday, I plan on wearing a similar (black and gold) Origami dress and headdress that Lady Gaga wore.
On Saturday evening (because I'll be in lolita for the fashion show) and Sunday, I'm bringing back Deadmau5, only that it'll be revamped and sparkly (because rabid anime fans likes anything shiny, eh?).

Let me know what you're planning on doing, if you need any cosplay ideas, and/or any other input related to this subject.

See you at ACen '11!

(P.S: I have beige skin and I know that it clashes with blonde hair, so I was wondering if I could get away with cosplaying as LG without the signature bleached hair/wig; she really is a brunette after all xD)

If I go I'm going as Revenant Choir Hizaki...

This post has been edited by Yumikire: 04 January 2011 - 12:43 AM

#9 User is offline   Hai 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59123

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:45 AM

Hey! My girlfriend and I are coming as Guy-Manuel and Thomas, respectively (Electroma outfits). I'm super amped! Could this be late Friday/early Saturday, though? I'm not coming on Sunday...
'10
Mike Meekins/Mary Morstan/Lithuania/Cyndaquil/Penny/RED Scoutmom
'11
Mike Meekins (Ace Attorney)
Thomas Bangalter (Daft Punk; Electroma outfit) (bringing a Guy-Manuel along, too)

#10 User is offline   Hai 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59123

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:20 PM

View PostHai, on 04 January 2011 - 12:45 AM, said:

Hey! My girlfriend and I are coming as Guy-Manuel and Thomas, respectively (Electroma outfits). I'm super amped! Could this be late Friday/early Saturday, though? I'm not coming on Sunday...

Err, sorry to ask for another change, but could this be on Saturday? It'd be awesome if it didn't conflict with the Phoenix Wright shoot, either.
'10
Mike Meekins/Mary Morstan/Lithuania/Cyndaquil/Penny/RED Scoutmom
'11
Mike Meekins (Ace Attorney)
Thomas Bangalter (Daft Punk; Electroma outfit) (bringing a Guy-Manuel along, too)

#11 User is offline   yoshioayumi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 58764

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:59 PM

I'll be ayumi hamasaki's guitarist yocchan, I'd like to meet up in a group or photo, sounds awesome. :)

#12 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:07 PM

I was planning on doing a joke cosplay of "Goku"/Anime Swag Soulja Boy. Though considering Soulja Boy as a musician is questionable, would that be ok?
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#13 User is offline   Deleciel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:19 PM

View PostHai, on 10 February 2011 - 01:20 PM, said:

Err, sorry to ask for another change, but could this be on Saturday? It'd be awesome if it didn't conflict with the Phoenix Wright shoot, either.

I'm waiting for a moderator to reply to my plea. The meet up was arranged at Saturday afternoon, 2:30, but I have a strong feeling that it's going to be in conflict with the fashion show (Khaotic Kouture) which is a pretty damn big program at the con and participants are expected to arrive earlier and leave late (last year was from 1:00 - 3:00pm).

There is also a J-pop/J-rock cosplay group on Saturday evening (7:30-9).

View PostTrini, on 20 February 2011 - 05:07 PM, said:

I was planning on doing a joke cosplay of "Goku"/Anime Swag Soulja Boy. Though considering Soulja Boy as a musician is questionable, would that be ok?

It'll be funny, but I'm not sure how recognizable that would be. Something with a louder personality like Lil Jon might work.

This post has been edited by Deleciel: 08 March 2011 - 01:27 PM

Anime Central 2011:

#14 User is offline   jman321 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 28891

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:16 PM

where are you from im going as sasuke maybe we can meet up i have food for the weekend drink and money im still securing a room but id like to find some cosplay friends to chill with. my name is jeremy nelson i am a freshman studying psychology at joliet junior college, i smoke pot and drink a little but i respect peoples wishes and wont do either if it is not wanted. i love music its my life so if we chill expect me to have lots of mucic with me lol. text me 8156836614 or call me 8154044462 if your interested in chilling with me or possibly rooming with me.

------------------------------------------PLUS ADD ME-------------------------------------------------------------
***I am an avenger***

#15 User is offline   Phalio 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 26873

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:37 AM

Hiya! I'll be cosplaying Michael Jackson (Thriller era/costume with angel wings! ^_^) This is my first time at ACen and I'm a little scared because of the amount of people, lol (I'm pretty shy). I'll be hanging with a few friends, one of whom has been to ACen a few times before. So if you happen to find me, I'd be delighted to take a photo with you and any other cosplay musicians.

#16 User is offline   Mizu_Haku 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19589

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:54 AM

Sadly I heard the time for this meet-up was at 10pm so I totally missed it. But I did go as Skrillex (aka Sonny Moore) all day Saturday! So if anyone got any photos of my cosplay I'd love to see it!

I got a picture with the amazing Daft Punk cosplayers when I was cosplaying Skrillex. So that was so godly awesome... But sadly I didn't run into any Deadmau5 cosplayers the entire time I was dressed as Skrilly! D: I saw them all on Friday but then didn't happen to see any on Saturday... so lame!
"I'M THE AVATAR, YOU'VE GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!" - Korra
~ACen 2013 Cosplays~
Korra ~ Avatar: Legend of Korra
Kiri the wolfdog ~ My fursona

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users