• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

NEEBY 2 Forums!

#1 User is offline   KrisaBeth Ahcor 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 58708

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:57 PM

Hey Everyone my name is Kristen and this coming Acen will be my third time at ACEN!
I'm looking into doing the masquerade, but wasn't sure if AVATAR the last airbender skit is something that will be allowed... so if anyone knows if doing an Airbender skit is okay let me know!

Also any advice on making armor particularly samurai armor would be great!
And... any advice on booking a ton of ACEN Goer and keeping them organized... I have a LARGE GROUP I'm trying to form from my town to go, and have no idea how to organize rooms, money, etc. (like 30-40 people!!!!)

I'm glad to join the ANIME FORUMS! and excited to meet new friends ^_^
Cosplay for ACEN 2011

Suki, from Avatar the Last Airbender
Ishiza Ishtar, from Yugioh
Kitty, from Danny Phantom
Wizardmon or Sora, from Digimon

#2 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:55 PM

View PostKrisaBeth Ahcor, on 17 August 2010 - 08:57 PM, said:

I have a LARGE GROUP I'm trying to form from my town to go, and have no idea how to organize rooms, money, etc. (like 30-40 people!!!!)

Well your going to have to have fun getting rooms... because just throwing this out there having 14 people in one room SUCKS i did that my first year, shower arrangements were terrible sleeping and everything just don't do it. So id say a comfortable amount to a room and get the room price and divide it to each person to pay their part.

-Have them bring money for food or just make them go to the store and get food like samiches~ and all that fun stuff and HEALTHY food.

-Get gas money from everyone unless they are meeting you up there.

GOOD LUCK with the 30-40 people id get a bus lol

If you have anymore questions concerning alot of people and ACen rooms and that kind of fun stuff feel free to PM me. ^__^
ACen 15"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#3 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:27 PM

Happy third ACen and welcome to the forums! :)

The Hyatt (along with most other hotels in the area) limit room capacity to 4 people for firecode reasons. Overcrowding rooms can result in fines and all kinds of unwanted drama :(
I suggest calling the hotels in the area and ask them. They may be able to work something out for you. If you have to split your group up between hotels, good news is that they are super close to each other. Walking from hotel to hotel should be fairly painless.
~~

#4 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

• Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 8636

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:01 PM

wow
thats hard to pull off
even the pros among us dont try that
(just one big head ache)
flying elf grabs about four rooms each year
try hitting him up for some info
(as a heads up i think there is a group rate on badges for groups over 10)

as for the armor
try the construction and help threads
oh and a pic would be nice

This post has been edited by Millions_Knives: 17 August 2010 - 11:03 PM

want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#5 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:19 PM

Welcome to the forums! ^.^

I have enough trouble keeping a group of 10 people together! I can't imagine 30!

My advice would be to group people in 4's that would want to room with each other or only group females with females/couples with couples, etc. That way when you call in for a reservation ( I HIGHLY recommend calling instead of doing it online) you can ask for a room on the same level of your group so you will at least be around each other and not scattered all over the hotel. The easiest way to do this is with a lot of organization. Make sure there is at least one group leader with everyones contact info like phone numbers. With badges, it is really up to what your group wants. You can all register in a group or you can get them separately. With a group that large, I would go with the groups. You have some time before registration starts to think about it (not sure exactly when it will start, but keep checking back on the main page acen.org and on the forums for updates). The early bird special is definitely worth getting. :thumbup:

And I don't have anything for the samurai armor X__X

If you have any other questions feel free to ask! =3

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#6 User is offline   KrisaBeth Ahcor 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 58708

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:32 PM

View Postredx1, on 17 August 2010 - 10:27 PM, said:

Happy third ACen and welcome to the forums! :)

The Hyatt (along with most other hotels in the area) limit room capacity to 4 people for firecode reasons. Overcrowding rooms can result in fines and all kinds of unwanted drama :(
I suggest calling the hotels in the area and ask them. They may be able to work something out for you. If you have to split your group up between hotels, good news is that they are super close to each other. Walking from hotel to hotel should be fairly painless.

Is it possible that Hyatt has rooms that are meant for a large group? I know some hotels have double suits, etc that are meant for more that 4 people
Cosplay for ACEN 2011

Suki, from Avatar the Last Airbender
Ishiza Ishtar, from Yugioh
Kitty, from Danny Phantom
Wizardmon or Sora, from Digimon

#7 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:27 AM

View PostKrisaBeth Ahcor, on 25 August 2010 - 10:32 PM, said:

Is it possible that Hyatt has rooms that are meant for a large group? I know some hotels have double suits, etc that are meant for more that 4 people

I know they have suites, but I also know that they sell out quickly. I don't know the details of how many can be housed in a suite. Unfortunately, I'm not hotel staff so I can't give you a 100% answer on this question.
~~

#8 User is offline   Lord Warhammer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 11892

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:16 PM

View PostKrisaBeth Ahcor, on 17 August 2010 - 08:57 PM, said:

Hey Everyone my name is Kristen and this coming Acen will be my third time at ACEN!
I'm looking into doing the masquerade, but wasn't sure if AVATAR the last airbender skit is something that will be allowed... so if anyone knows if doing an Airbender skit is okay let me know!

Also any advice on making armor particularly samurai armor would be great!
And... any advice on booking a ton of ACEN Goer and keeping them organized... I have a LARGE GROUP I'm trying to form from my town to go, and have no idea how to organize rooms, money, etc. (like 30-40 people!!!!)

I'm glad to join the ANIME FORUMS! and excited to meet new friends ^_^

Hello and welcome to the forums!

For the masquerade I believe everything is allowed as long as it is PG. email Masquerade@acen.org (I think) if you have any questions.

some of the rules for the Masquerade are listed on http://acen.org/content/acen-rules

for Registration, with such a large group, (if you know all of you are 100% going) the best way to register would be in a group email registration@acen.org if you have any further questions. oh yea, you might get a discount for a group of that size.
Artist Alley Assistant Department Head!
myspace, facebook, youtube, and photobucket links are on my about me page.
ACEN cosplays.. time to plan plan plan.

I go to and staff many cons. Let's have a blast!

#9 User is offline   shinigamiJACULA 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19454

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:49 PM

welcome to the forums! enjoy your stay =]
Hello from California!!! =D

Please visit my deviantART account!

...I look like Rukia, but I don't do that on purpose!!! I look like that every day...=___=U (check out my profile pic if you don't believe me!)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users