Anime Central Forums: Chicago Comic Con (aka WWC)-- this week! - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Chicago Comic Con (aka WWC)-- this week!

#1 User is offline   rlissau 

• ACen Guest
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Guest
  • Member No.: 18082

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:04 PM

Hello, everyone! Three-time ACen guest Russell Lissau here.

This week (Aug. 19-22, in fact) is the Chicago Comic Con, aka Wizard World Chicago. And for the first time in a few years, I'll be exhibiting in Artist Alley, at table 3118. With me will be fellow Acen guest Trevor Mueller, award-winning artist John Bivens, writer/artist/letterer Steve Wallace and all-around good egg Alan Evans.

If you spoke to Trevor or I at Acen this year, we probably talked to you about READING WITH PICTURES, the anthology and not-for-profit organization that aims to get comics into schools and libraries. Well, the book will debut at this con, and we have plenty of paperbacks and limited-edition hardcovers for sale. I'll also have my Batbooks, Shrek, The 29 and the brand-new OMEGA COMICS PRESENTS.

Please stop by and say hello. Mention this thread to me when you make a purchase, and I'll throw in something cool.

Who's coming to the show?

#2 User is offline   sailormoon846212 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 54503

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:41 AM

View Postrlissau, on 14 August 2010 - 06:04 PM, said:

Hello, everyone! Three-time ACen guest Russell Lissau here.

This week (Aug. 19-22, in fact) is the Chicago Comic Con, aka Wizard World Chicago. And for the first time in a few years, I'll be exhibiting in Artist Alley, at table 3118. With me will be fellow Acen guest Trevor Mueller, award-winning artist John Bivens, writer/artist/letterer Steve Wallace and all-around good egg Alan Evans.

If you spoke to Trevor or I at Acen this year, we probably talked to you about READING WITH PICTURES, the anthology and not-for-profit organization that aims to get comics into schools and libraries. Well, the book will debut at this con, and we have plenty of paperbacks and limited-edition hardcovers for sale. I'll also have my Batbooks, Shrek, The 29 and the brand-new OMEGA COMICS PRESENTS.

Please stop by and say hello. Mention this thread to me when you make a purchase, and I'll throw in something cool.

Who's coming to the show?

I am so coming to the show. It will be my first comic con ever! This was also my first year at Acen too. What kind of things will you be selling and at what prices? I will have to think about, but might come over and say hi. :)

#3 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:12 AM

I was listening to WGN when I was on my way home from my boyfriend's house (just got back) and they were talking about this. ACen was mentioned along with a fellow forum member.

I might go. Not quite sure yet. They aren't even going to have DC (or Marvel) and that doesn't make me wanna go. :\

This post has been edited by Lina: 15 August 2010 - 01:15 AM

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#4 User is offline   rlissau 

• ACen Guest
  • Pip

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:22 PM

<<<I am so coming to the show. It will be my first comic con ever! This was also my first year at Acen too. What kind of things will you be selling and at what prices? I will have to think about, but might come over and say hi. >>

Hello, Sailormoon, and welcome to the wild world of comic cons!

I'll have my various comic books for sale, at prices ranging from $3 to $25. Also sketch cards and original art. Typical stuff for Artist Alley, really.

#5 User is offline   Scott 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 9607

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:33 PM

A friend mentioned this to me today. I might go.

#6 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:02 PM

I'm still planning to go for a bit on Saturday. I have a family party so I won't be there more than a couple hours and I won't have hardly any money but I'll try and stop by to say hello!

I really wish I had more money to spend since there's so many Star Trek actors there I want to see (though I have already met Walter Koenig, he's wonderful!) plus James Marsters *fans self*

I hate that it's so expensive for a badge when there's really not much to do beyond shop. The guests and artists are the only thing that keeps me coming back.
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#7 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:56 AM

I would only be able to make Friday. Speaking of which, need to alert work that I won't be in.

I heard one of my old time favorite WWE divas will be there, so excited :D

#8 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:06 AM

William Shatner and Patrick Stewart will be there. I was gonna go but I cant. I have to save up for Youmacon, wedding, and my cosplay construction ;__; But have fun guys!
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#9 User is offline   rlissau 

• ACen Guest
  • Pip

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:23 AM

Patrick Stewart canceled.

Even so, the roster of movie/tv celebs is pretty impressive this year.

#10 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:27 AM

Oh wow. Thanks but I do agree with the lineup roster. Pretty stellar!
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#11 User is offline   meef 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3767

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:03 PM

Is the Acen road show gonna be there again this year?

#12 User is offline   shonen_jidai 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3455

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:22 PM

I went of Saturday and had a pretty good time. The guests I saw were great, classic Shatner of course, and Brent Spiner almost killed me with laughter! But there definitely was not as much to do as at ACen or other anime cons I've been to. And I really didn't like that you had to pay for autographs. I had fun chatting with some of the guests on the floor, but felt bad that I didn't want to buy a signed pic for $25...

I didn't get a lot of pics, but here is a link to want I got. I only wish the room for the cosplay contest were a lot bigger, I couldn't get anything good in there as it was super crowded. Anyway, if you posed for me, thanks! ^^

[media]http://www.flickr.com/photos/bluezhift/sets/72157624658558567/with/4916837395/[/media]
ACEN 2012 Cosplays
Nyota Uhura (Star Trek: Original Series)
Miho Tohya (MegaTokyo)
Stocking (Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt)

cosplay pics: Various Cons

#13 User is offline   Soulcrash 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:18 PM

Just a heads up.... the peeps who I'm working with now-a-days... the-enthusiasts.com group.... has uploaded some of the pics of the con...

Well, it's up on their facebook fanpage...
http://www.facebook....3129319?__a=14
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users