Anime Central Forums: Anime Bingo! with MACG - 2011 - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Anime Bingo! with MACG - 2011 It's Bingo with Anime, insane right?

#1 User is offline   ZerooftheBlackKnights 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 35432

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:10 PM

What is MACG?: MACG or the Midwest Anime and Cosplay Group, is a group I started in Milwaukee, WI. I don't have any anime groups by me that I no of so I started an online group trying to connect all of the Midwest together in a large community of Anime and Cosplay lovers and fans. I've made many cool friends and hope to make more. We host special events and panels at other cons but we'd like to expand and become a little more known to our fellow Midwesternites.

How will this panel work?:

I'd like to have a 30 minute to an hour gap for people to show up and sign up early, and while they're signing up they can have their board filled out before we even start and during this 30 minute period I could start setting up while my helpers take names and hand out boards. If you sign up within the first 30 minutes you will receive a free Naruto yo-yo, while supplies last. Once you've filled out the guest book you'll be given a card that looks like this.

Posted Image
FRONT

Posted Image
BACK

The front will contain the board and rules the back will contain the list of anime, and what games we'll be playing. Each space on the board has 12 little squares with a corresponding number. Since I doubt I'll have tables with each round you'll mark of the corresponding number so for round one you will fill in the 1 box, for round two you'll fill in the two box, and so on. The board is blank so you'll have to fill it in yourself. obviously the middle space is the free space.

Each round I will show a ten second clip of a randomly played anime, you will have a couple of seconds to mark it in on your board and then I'll show the next one, not telling you the name of the anime, this way those who know will have an advantage over those who don't. After the next ten second clip is played I will then tell the name of the last anime I played this way the ones who didn't know can mark it off on their board. Once who have bingo you will promptly stand and either say BINGO! or ANIME! which ever is your cup of tea. You'll come up front with your board, we'll make sure you're not lying or cheating, if you are you will be removed from the panel, if you're not you'll be able to choose from our many fabulous prizes, ranging from figures, wall scrolls, towels, dvds, and even complete manga series.

If time permits, after Bingo we'd discuss what MACG is and hopefully gain some members and friends in the process, I'll even have enough prizes to run at least two or three sessions if programming permits, such as a Night version with more games perhaps, or an early bird special, or just a normal game of bingo at 2p.m..

I ran this panel at Anime Milwaukee a year ago and had over 60 people show up to play. I have perfected the way it plays out so it'll run smoother, I must say that a small time frame between panels is quite crucial to help move the panel along.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   firegirl26 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 6771

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:07 AM

if i have time i will go to this

This post has been edited by firegirl26: 05 September 2010 - 10:07 AM

For acen 2012 will be cosplaying STEAMPUNK
AUTHOR of ACEN TRUE STORY(that no one reads)

REXANO
Responsible Exotic Animal Ownership

#3 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:06 PM

*big cheshire cat grin* Hehehehe ^.^ I love Bingo! If this gets approved I will definitely be going!
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#4 User is offline   gadgets 

• Has a Sweet Ride
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 19669

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:59 PM

me too ^^
absinthe feels like a trail of fire going down

1 bottle of everclear
1bottle of becardi 151
2 bottles of absinth

Moto-Cosplay

and on another news.....My Bike is Paid off WoooHooo

#5 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:06 PM

If I were to do this, I would need the shape we were currently doing to be available somewhere. I'd forget otherwise.
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#6 User is offline   ZerooftheBlackKnights 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 35432

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:33 PM

I'm glad everyone thinks this is a great idea, I've already started compiling all my old videos files and started getting some of the prizes. I even did a couple practice rounds with some friends, but yea everyone loves Bingo, it's for all ages, there's prizes people, PRIZES!, and it's simple to do. Everyone loved it at Anime Milwaukee and a lot of people were depressed that I sadly couldn't host it at Geek.Kon in Madison this year.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Spice3132 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 17386

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:48 AM

If this panel gets approved I'm so there. It sounds like so much fun.

ACen 2013 Cosplays possibilities: Princess Yue (Avatar The Last Airbender), Juvia (Fairy Tail), Korra (Avatar The Legend Of Korra), Rarity (My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic), Tatsmato (B.A.P Matoki), Ai Enma (Hell Girl), Yuuko (xxxHolic)

ACen 2012 Cosplay: Ai Enma (Hell Girl)
ACen 2011 Cosplays: Battle Royale Student, Sun-Sun (Bleach), Yuuko (Xxxholic)
[u]ACen 2010 Cosplay:
Sun-Sun (Bleach)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users