Anime Central Forums: Yor and VK may end up homeless soon - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Yor and VK may end up homeless soon

#1 User is offline   visualkei_star 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 10165

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:24 PM

Because our stupid roomies lied to the cops, we got 30 days eviction. Sadly, we have no where to go and no one will take us in. So, if we never appear at acen again, it's cause we are hairy hobos or dead.

I'm glad I got to know some of you over these years.
Sadly it may be awhile till Yor and I show up at Acen, but we still love and miss you guys

♠ Kozi forever! ♠

#2 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:50 PM

God that blows; I'm sorry to hear that.

Can you talk to the landlord (if apartment) or cops, and see if they can address the problem solely with the lying roommates who pulled the crap in question, not you guys (assuming you weren't involved in any way)? Punishing all in a house for the effup of individuals isn't exactly fair or nice, or possibly even legal (I'm no lawyer though, so don't quote me on it :/). I mean...That's kind of like arresting everyone waiting for bus for prostitution, when there's only one prostitute on the corner..(..if that made any sense outside my head. I brain weird). :/

I hope everything turns out okay for you.
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#3 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:33 PM

Que sera sera.
I'm sure things will look up if you keep a positive attitude about yourselves.
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#4 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:38 PM

I know what you are going through, when I first moved to college my original roommates had a bad habit of stealing roadsigns... One day however, they were caught and followed. I ended up being charged as well as them for this, however due to my threatening presence I got lucky and "persuaded" them to admit to the cops I had nothing to do with it. I was, however, going to be homeless if they had not been truthful, so I honestly can say I know what is probably going through your head. I hope things work out for you in the end.
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#5 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:46 PM

View Postchainedbyroses, on 27 July 2010 - 04:50 PM, said:

God that blows; I'm sorry to hear that.

Can you talk to the landlord (if apartment) or cops, and see if they can address the problem solely with the lying roommates who pulled the crap in question, not you guys (assuming you weren't involved in any way)? Punishing all in a house for the effup of individuals isn't exactly fair or nice, or possibly even legal (I'm no lawyer though, so don't quote me on it :/). I mean...That's kind of like arresting everyone waiting for bus for prostitution, when there's only one prostitute on the corner..(..if that made any sense outside my head. I brain weird). :/

I hope everything turns out okay for you.

I once had a neighbor whose apartment was practically a 24/7 club for his friends, even when he didn't want it to be. As a result, there were times when he ended up in hot water with the landlords for things his friends/roommates did or lied about, even when he tried his best to get them to shape up. (Though he needed quite a bit of work on himself too, but that's another story.) He and his roommate once had to go to court AND pay fines after a raid on their apartment that revealed ammunition in a safe - all of which had been left behind by a former roomie who had been kicked out not long before that - when neither of them held FOID cards. Unfair? Yes. But was there anything they could do? Not really. They had tried arguing that the safe wasn't theirs, and they didn't even know the combination to begin with, but when you've already had cops called on your apartment more than a few times before that (for noise complaints), and you have a reputation for having drinking and smoking parties every night, your word is usually taken with a grain of salt.

That being said, I think there's more to VK's story than we're actually seeing/hearing. Not that I'm pressing for information, mind, just saying that depending on circumstances, this may be more of a case of lost patience on the part of the landlords/cops. And those are not people you want to have lose patience with you.
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#6 User is offline   visualkei_star 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:25 PM

apparently that little strand of hope gets smaller and smaller since it seems that my family has been lying to me and avoiding me.
Sadly it may be awhile till Yor and I show up at Acen, but we still love and miss you guys

♠ Kozi forever! ♠

#7 User is offline   yor9790 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 10188

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:36 PM

View PostValkyrie, on 27 July 2010 - 07:46 PM, said:

That being said, I think there's more to VK's story than we're actually seeing/hearing. Not that I'm pressing for information, mind, just saying that depending on circumstances, this may be more of a case of lost patience on the part of the landlords/cops. And those are not people you want to have lose patience with you.

what you dont see is the fact that the roomie lied to the cops and told them that me and VK were threatening them, anyone that met us at acen knows we are very nice and wouldnt hurt anyone, what you dont see is the roomies just moved in another person that is like them, lazy, unemployed, wont even clean up the garbage in the living room. we are being kicked out to make more room for this new person, and the roomie that calle dthe cops is a bully and its either "his way, or the highway," well, i hope this new person doesnt end up as the roomie's wiping boy like everyone else here is, other then me and VK, guess thats why we are being forced to leave, too bad the law in illinois is 30 from the eviction notice, and we havent got that yet, till we do, and till we find a place to go, we will do what we have been doing, keeping to ourselves and staying in out room with the door closed, like its been for the past 2 weeks.
i'm back, for now anyway.

#8 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17897

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:43 PM

View Postyor9790, on 27 July 2010 - 11:36 PM, said:

the roomies just moved in another person that is like them, lazy, unemployed, wont even clean up the garbage in the living room.

so we can expect to see them on Hording Buried Alive soon and eventually kicked out since they cant pay rent?
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1107...mp;id=586119408
My internship

Belongs in Damn Thread, if found please return to Kii
Spam Squad Member spam kill count:29 , Troll Hunter troll kill count: 1

#9 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:46 PM

View Postyor9790, on 27 July 2010 - 11:36 PM, said:

what you dont see is the fact that the roomie lied to the cops and told them that me and VK were threatening them, anyone that met us at acen knows we are very nice and wouldnt hurt anyone, what you dont see is the roomies just moved in another person that is like them, lazy, unemployed, wont even clean up the garbage in the living room. we are being kicked out to make more room for this new person, and the roomie that calle dthe cops is a bully and its either "his way, or the highway," well, i hope this new person doesnt end up as the roomie's wiping boy like everyone else here is, other then me and VK, guess thats why we are being forced to leave, too bad the law in illinois is 30 from the eviction notice, and we havent got that yet, till we do, and till we find a place to go, we will do what we have been doing, keeping to ourselves and staying in out room with the door closed, like its been for the past 2 weeks.

Legally that doesn't make sense. There would have been an investigation by the police.

#10 User is offline   yor9790 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:48 PM

View PostTiamat97, on 27 July 2010 - 11:43 PM, said:

so we can expect to see them on Hording Buried Alive soon and eventually kicked out since they cant pay rent?

lol, no, one roomie gets ssi for post traumatic stress disorder, so the bills get paid, barley. but i wouldnt be surprised if they get evicted for bugs and the general garbage that the landlord saw today when he came by after the cops left, he basically said what i already know from working for an apt complex in illinois, the 30 eviction notice law :P

View PostSuigetsu, on 27 July 2010 - 11:46 PM, said:

Legally that doesn't make sense. There would have been an investigation by the police.

not in this town, they are about as corrupt as in chicago, if your last name isnt jackson (65% of the population is) then you arent worth a darn.

#11 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:49 PM

thats pretty sad just living off of social security, and i didnt know you could get it for having PTSD, its technically not a disability unless they cant be a fully functioning member of society because of it
My internship

#12 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:50 PM

View Postyor9790, on 27 July 2010 - 11:48 PM, said:

not in this town, they are about as corrupt as in chicago, if your last name isnt jackson (65% of the population is) then you arent worth a darn.

Why aren't you bringing a suit against the roommates and the police? All you have to do is prove innocence beyond a reasonable doubt.

#13 User is offline   yor9790 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:51 PM

View PostTiamat97, on 27 July 2010 - 11:49 PM, said:

thats pretty sad just living off of social security, and i didnt know you could get it for having PTSD, its technically not a disability unless they cant be a fully functioning member of society because of it

exactly, and she does babysit her sisters kids, so i wonder how she got ssi, even tho i do know the reason beind how she got ptsd.

#14 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:51 PM

View PostSuigetsu, on 27 July 2010 - 11:50 PM, said:

Why aren't you bringing a suit against the roommates and the police? All you have to do is prove innocence beyond a reasonable doubt.

either way it sounds like the person that wants them out has the house under his name, if hes gone so is everyone living there
My internship

#15 User is offline   yor9790 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:54 PM

View PostSuigetsu, on 27 July 2010 - 11:50 PM, said:

because if we do, they get removed, and we dont have jobs to pay for the rent on this place, besides its our word against theirs, so nothing we can do about it, we already told the cops that we stay in our room with very limited contact with them, its just the rent payers boyfriend that has everyone scared to defy him, so atm we are looking for a place to go, VK has a place, but she doesnt want to be without me, so we are trying to get a place together.

#16 User is offline   visualkei_star 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:55 PM

View PostTiamat97, on 27 July 2010 - 11:49 PM, said:

EXACTLY!

Finally someone gets it. I knew a woman who had really really really bad PTS that she was shaking and twitching more than Michael J. Fox, but she took meds for that and last time I saw her, she was working at a hair salon.

Not to mention, my mom says it is not an honest living to be leeching off of social security

EDIT:
Also, they all have food stamps as an excuse not to have a job

This post has been edited by visualkei_star: 27 July 2010 - 11:55 PM

♠ Kozi forever! ♠

#17 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:56 PM

View Postyor9790, on 27 July 2010 - 11:54 PM, said:

because if we do, they get removed, and we dont have jobs to pay for the rent on this place, besides its our word against theirs, so nothing we can do about it, we already told the cops that we stay in our room with very limited contact with them, its just the rent payers boyfriend that has everyone scared to defy him, so atm we are looking for a place to go, VK has a place, but she doesnt want to be without me, so we are trying to get a place together.

Still, if you are being evicted based on something they said untrue you can win with slander/libel depended on what was said. It is better than not taking a stand and being illegally evicted.

#18 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:58 PM

View Postvisualkei_star, on 27 July 2010 - 11:55 PM, said:

EXACTLY!

Finally someone gets it. I knew a woman who had really really really bad PTS that she was shaking and twitching more than Michael J. Fox, but she took meds for that and last time I saw her, she was working at a hair salon.

Not to mention, my mom says it is not an honest living to be leeching off of social security

EDIT:
Also, they all have food stamps as an excuse not to have a job

that one year of psychology paid off, and its not an honest living leeching off social security unless your old and/or disabled to where you cant work. these people are starting to sound like what my younger brother is going to turn into, completely able-bodied but just too lazy to find a job and make a living
My internship

#19 User is offline   yor9790 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:02 AM

View PostSuigetsu, on 27 July 2010 - 11:56 PM, said:

Still, if you are being evicted based on something they said untrue you can win with slander/libel depended on what was said. It is better than not taking a stand and being illegally evicted.

meh, this place was just a temp stop on our bigger plans, but we are being kicked out before the other, more trusting, party is ready for the plans to be put into motion, besides, other then our room, the whole house smells like bad BO and dirty clothes, i know the landlord saw that.

View PostTiamat97, on 27 July 2010 - 11:58 PM, said:

that one year of psychology paid off, and its not an honest living leeching off social security unless your old and/or disabled to where you cant work. these people are starting to sound like what my younger brother is going to turn into, completely able-bodied but just too lazy to find a job and make a living

rofl, i'm not lazy to find a job, i hit every place in this town of about 10000 ppl to look for work, and those that said "fill an app online" i did, but still nothing, we need to move from BFI back to the chicago-land area, more ppl, more stores, more jobs.

#20 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:04 AM

View Postyor9790, on 28 July 2010 - 12:02 AM, said:

rofl, i'm not lazy to find a job, i hit every place in this town of about 10000 ppl to look for work, and those that said "fill an app online" i did, but still nothing, we need to move from BFI back to the chicago-land area, more ppl, more stores, more jobs.

yeah the online apps arent the best thing around, you dont know if someone will look at it, but it does make you have to call and tell them your interested in a job, especially since just about everywhere has online apps
My internship

#21 User is offline   visualkei_star 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:05 AM

View PostTiamat97, on 27 July 2010 - 11:58 PM, said:

Well yea, if you are at the point where you can't even wheel yourself around Walmart, then SS is ok. But the idiots Yor and I live with, they just use it as a reason not to work. Now the idiot girl who is on SS, she gets paid for babysitting her sister's kids. Sure it brings in some money, but I don't classify that as a real job. Babysitting is something high schoolers or college students do to make a few bucks to pay for their school.

♠ Kozi forever! ♠

#22 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:07 AM

View Postvisualkei_star, on 28 July 2010 - 12:05 AM, said:

Well yea, if you are at the point where you can't even wheel yourself around Walmart, then SS is ok. But the idiots Yor and I live with, they just use it as a reason not to work. Now the idiot girl who is on SS, she gets paid for babysitting her sister's kids. Sure it brings in some money, but I don't classify that as a real job. Babysitting is something high schoolers or college students do to make a few bucks to pay for their school.

its not a real job unless its a daycare or school
My internship

#23 User is offline   yor9790 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:09 AM

we just need to move to a place with a very good sized population and somewhat close to downtown of the town, since we have no car we walk everywhere.

#24 User is offline   visualkei_star 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:10 AM

View PostTiamat97, on 28 July 2010 - 12:07 AM, said:

lol, i like how you think, man

♠ Kozi forever! ♠

#25 User is offline   yor9790 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:10 AM

View PostTiamat97, on 28 July 2010 - 12:07 AM, said:

lol, no, its not a real job unless your paying taxes to uncle sam

#26 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:13 AM

taxes suck, they can make a pretty good check be an ok check, before taxes i make 216, but after taxes 182
My internship

#27 User is offline   yor9790 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:15 AM

View PostTiamat97, on 28 July 2010 - 12:13 AM, said:

taxes suck, they can make a pretty good check be an ok check, before taxes i make 216, but after taxes 182

ya, but if done right, and by a competent CPA, the refund can be good, and help a lot, like when planing for acen! :D

#28 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:16 AM

View Postyor9790, on 28 July 2010 - 12:15 AM, said:

ya, but if done right, and by a competent CPA, the refund can be good, and help a lot, like when planing for acen! :D

yeah, i was actually happy with turbo tax this last tax season, got me an extra $400 from some credit i had no clue of
My internship

#29 User is offline   yor9790 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:20 AM

View PostTiamat97, on 28 July 2010 - 12:16 AM, said:

yeah, i was actually happy with turbo tax this last tax season, got me an extra $400 from some credit i had no clue of

nice, more acen crap for your place, thats how i see my tax refund, when i was getting it, and could spare it for acen.

#30 User is offline   visualkei_star 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:20 AM

View PostTiamat97, on 28 July 2010 - 12:16 AM, said:

I got a few hundred this year from my refunds and I didn't even know I worked enough last year to get anything

♠ Kozi forever! ♠

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users