• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

MSPA/Homestuck cosplays...anyone? >Retrieve side arms

#1 User is offline   Jestt 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 58643

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:43 PM

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/ is a webcomic of sorts by Andrew Hussie, some of you might know him better as the guy who drew those Humanimal comics.

Due to the growing popularity, I was wondering if anyone else plans on cosplaying his characters.

I'm cosplaying Doc Scratch and Gamzee [with unicycle and juggling shenanigans. I'll have faygo and green jello too!] for all three days of the con.

Day: Saturday
Time: 6:30 - 7 pm

#2 User is offline   Kyttyee 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 50998

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:58 PM

I'm considering an Aradia cosplay, although I'm not keen on having to turn myself gray...
Papillon de Nuit | Youtube | Tumblr
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2014 Cosplay Ideas:
Ciel (Smile) [Kuroshitsuji]
Marill Gijinka [Pokemon]
Chiaki (school uniform) [Minami-ke]

#3 User is offline   Jestt 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 58643

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:11 PM

Yeah, I'm still wondering on what method to go with the skin. Right now I'm debating between a Zentai body suit or makeup and some sort of makeup sealing spray/finishing powder.

#4 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59016

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:34 AM

Thread necromancy post GOOOO!!!!

Anyway, future Eridan cosplayer reporting! I haven't really gotten started on anything yet, but I have everything planned out, so this is totally gonna happen.

Also, for those of you wondering about Trollskin, there are two great tutorials on the MSPA Forum, one for face makeup here and one for arm grey stuff here. That thread in general is definitely something to keep your eye on if you're going to cosplay a troll.
Cosplay Time!
ACen 2009: Madotsuki (Yume Nikki)
ACen 2010: Rinnosuke Morichika (Touhou Project)
ACen 2011: Eridan Ampora (Hivebent/Homestuck)
ACen 2012: Friday: Death (Problem Sleuth)
Saturday: Eridan Ampora (God Tier) (Hivebent/Homestuck)

#5 User is offline   TwoTonedJester 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 50118

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:43 AM

If all goes well, you'll have another Gamzee and perhaps a Sollux there.
Apparently "you're super creepy" is a fantastic compliment~

2012 Cosplay
Prince Gumball - Adventure Time 70%
The Summoner - Homestuck 35%
Sober Gamzee - Homestuck 100%

#6 User is offline   Toast 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 53342

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:14 PM

I'm very seriously considering going as either Terezi or Nepeta! I'm kind of nervous because of the makeup and all... and where could I even find such awesome Terezi glasses!

ACen 2013 [ Faerie Aisha: 0% ]
Toasted! || DeviantArt || Tumblr

#7 User is offline   gallowsCalibrator 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59234

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:33 AM

I am going to put together a Terezi cosplay, and I might put together a Rose Lalonde cosplay as well. If someone could provide tips for paint, that'd be very helpful. c:
Cosplays-
Terezi Pyrope
possibly my john cosplay. it's not that good, i may not wear it!

Cons-
ACEN
Animeiowa

#8 User is offline   gallowsCalibrator 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59234

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:09 PM

Hey, also, for any Gamzee cosplayers the other night I found a very nice makeup tutorial.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN8GECxQzBw[/media]

It looks very useful.

Also for 'Terezi' glasses, I have found a nice pair but you'd either have to go to the costume shop in Madison or I believe you can order them straight off the internet. They're the CLOSEST i've found so far. But to make much better ones, you should consider some handmade lenses. : D

(very close, but not quite!
http://www.mallatts....2/image?max=600

They're a steal too. Only $5. )

For other advice, to look through some theatrical stores for makeup and paint would be a good guess. If you can't find any with that grey color, request it to the store owner or find a nice brand online. C:

For horns, I'm lost on that. For easy handmade ones, I suppose you can use things like cardboard, wires for support, clay, or just paint over a pair of devil horns. I've seen some nice ones pop up all over the internet, but I can't seem to figure out where everybody's getting them.

For the 'Canekind' you can probably find a real cane or find a rod to paint at a Wal-Mart or menards. For Eridan, I really don't know what you can do for his riflekind. You hand make it, possibly out of cardboard or other materials.

I don't know, i'm not the hugest cosplayer out there. That's all I can say, I guess. c:
Cosplays-
Terezi Pyrope
possibly my john cosplay. it's not that good, i may not wear it!

Cons-
ACEN
Animeiowa

#9 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:20 AM

Most of the the weapons and horns I've seen have a core made out of some sort of sturdy foam, and then either covered in white model magic and then painted, or just covered in colored model magic. There also this nice tutorial on sculpey clay horns, though all the horns she makes are quite small and therefore may not work for trolls like Gamzee or Eridan :(
Also, for any future Terezi's, you may want to check out Illinois' laws on non-blind people carrying a red tipped cane before you start working on canekind, just in case, you know?

This post has been edited by WeirdKanjiGirl: 05 January 2011 - 12:22 AM

Cosplay Time!

#10 User is offline   Latias 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 29888

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:13 AM

Yoooo! Sorry to revive this oldish topic, but I just wanted to pop in and mention that I'll be cosplaying Dave Strider in his Red Plush Puppet Tux. My friend is going to be God Tier!John (I think).

Also, about troll makeup, Hanyaan on the forums made a really good guide! Doop doop link.
Cosplay? Ohhh yessss!
ACEN 2011
  • Dave Strider w/ John, Jade, Rose, and Sis (Homestuck)
  • U.N.I.T. Personnel group (Doctor Who)

Do you have any pictures of me? Please PM me! :D
ACEN 2011 Photos

#11 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:55 PM

View PostLatias, on 25 February 2011 - 01:13 AM, said:

Yoooo! Sorry to revive this oldish topic, but I just wanted to pop in and mention that I'll be cosplaying Dave Strider in his Red Plush Puppet Tux. My friend is going to be God Tier!John (I think).

Also, about troll makeup, Hanyaan on the forums made a really good guide! Doop doop link.

Yaaay, another cosplayer! If things keep going as they are, we'll have enough people for an actual meetup! Make sure that your John knows the windy thing, we'll be expecting a demonstration! Are you planning on making Caledscratch or the Snoop Dogg Snow Cone Machete? If you are, there's a nice 3D reference picture riiight... here in case you find it useful!
Cosplay Time!

#12 User is offline   halcyonCoils 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59566

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:58 PM

God Tier Aradia/Terezi checking in! I'll have an Eridan with me as well. Excited to see everyone. >:]
Acen 2012
Friday:Terezi Pyrope (Homestuck) 100% complete
Saturday: Sukuna-Hikona (SMT Persona 4) 99% Complete
[p1] [p2]

#13 User is offline   Latias 

• Pip

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:18 AM

View PostWeirdKanjiGirl, on 26 February 2011 - 04:55 PM, said:

Yaaay, another cosplayer! If things keep going as they are, we'll have enough people for an actual meetup! Make sure that your John knows the windy thing, we'll be expecting a demonstration! Are you planning on making Caledscratch or the Snoop Dogg Snow Cone Machete? If you are, there's a nice 3D reference picture riiight... here in case you find it useful!

XDD Weeeeell, no promises on the windy thing, but I was planning on attempting (Key word there, lol) to make a Snoop Dogg Snow Cone Machete 'cause I saw some perfect Peanuts stickers at Michael's the other day.. Oh man, I am so lame. That looks like it could definitely be of use, though! Thanks!

View PosthalcyonCoils, on 26 February 2011 - 09:58 PM, said:

God Tier Aradia/Terezi checking in! I'll have an Eridan with me as well. Excited to see everyone. >:]

Aw, dude, that'll be so sweet. X3
Cosplay? Ohhh yessss!
ACEN 2011

ACEN 2011 Photos

#14 User is offline   Shueido 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 19585

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:24 PM

Hey! I won't be cosplaying from Homestuck, but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's cosplays! I was just wondering if you were thinking of planning a photoshoot? I know there aren't a ton of people who have responded to this yet, but I know that I would personally love to be able to take all of your pictures! And there are possibly other people who would love to as well! }:D

#15 User is offline   halcyonCoils 

• Pip

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:54 PM

View PostShueido, on 03 March 2011 - 11:24 PM, said:

Hey! I won't be cosplaying from Homestuck, but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's cosplays! I was just wondering if you were thinking of planning a photoshoot? I know there aren't a ton of people who have responded to this yet, but I know that I would personally love to be able to take all of your pictures! And there are possibly other people who would love to as well! }:D

I really hope so. I haven't heard anything about one yet but hopefully this thread will get rolling and we can come up with a day/time :0
Acen 2012
[p1] [p2]

#16 User is offline   Latias 

• Pip

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:01 PM

The people were on MSPAchan were talking about it, and we were thinking about sometime Saturday aftertoon? (Sometime from 1:00-3:00.. I can't remember.) MSPAchan is down right now, but how does that sound to you guys? I'll go look again when it comes back online.
Cosplay? Ohhh yessss!
ACEN 2011

ACEN 2011 Photos

#17 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:17 PM

I've been thinking about it a little bit, and I know that the traditional times have been 4:13, 6:12 and I think someone even had one at 10:25 in the morning on Sunday at some convention. Are there any particular times that are better/worse for you guys? I know the panel schedules aren't out yet, but I for one kind of plan on planning my day around this meetup XD
Also, would you guys object to having the meetup in the "lower dome"? Usually it's filled with chairs, but I've seen that their trying to keep it relatively clear this year. I'm mostly proposing this because it has stairs, and we need at least one picture of Dave (and maybe everyone else) falling down them.

This post has been edited by WeirdKanjiGirl: 05 March 2011 - 11:17 PM

Cosplay Time!

#18 User is offline   Shueido 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 19585

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:29 AM

Saturday afternoon sounds like a pretty good time I think. Hah sorry, I know I'm not actually cosplaying Homestuck, but I do definately intend to be there if I can. I think any place would probably work, but it would be pretty hilarious to have someplace with stairs. XD

#19 User is offline   halcyonCoils 

• Pip

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:17 AM

Saturday is good for me. As for the place, I'm not gonna lie, I kind of haven't been to Acen in like four years so hopefully I can find the dern spot okay wahaha.
Acen 2012
[p1] [p2]

#20 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:03 AM

View PosthalcyonCoils, on 06 March 2011 - 03:17 AM, said:

Saturday is good for me. As for the place, I'm not gonna lie, I kind of haven't been to Acen in like four years so hopefully I can find the dern spot okay wahaha.

They have a nice little map of sorts in the "Stuff to Know" thread at the top of the Gatherings subforum, which is where I found the place I was looking for. It's not the best map, but it at least gives you a rough outline as to where you're headed. Luckily the map in the schedule book has gotten pretty detailed over the last couple years, to the point where it's pretty easy to get around. This coming from the girl who's come to ACen 6 years in a row and has managed to get lost almost every time...
Cosplay Time!

#21 User is offline   halcyonCoils 

• Pip

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

View PostWeirdKanjiGirl, on 06 March 2011 - 08:03 AM, said:

They have a nice little map of sorts in the "Stuff to Know" thread at the top of the Gatherings subforum, which is where I found the place I was looking for. It's not the best map, but it at least gives you a rough outline as to where you're headed. Luckily the map in the schedule book has gotten pretty detailed over the last couple years, to the point where it's pretty easy to get around. This coming from the girl who's come to ACen 6 years in a row and has managed to get lost almost every time...

Oh, great! >:]

This post has been edited by halcyonCoils: 07 March 2011 - 01:33 PM

Acen 2012
[p1] [p2]

#22 User is offline   xane nightwing 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 57323

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:01 PM

I'm planning on a Sollux. Only thing I'm currently having trouble with is the teeth. anyone have suggestions?
Also, I'm so excited!

#23 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Cosplay Liason
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:41 PM

View PostWeirdKanjiGirl, on 06 March 2011 - 08:03 AM, said:

And this year, they promised me some signage. >:]

#24 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:02 PM

View Postxane nightwing, on 08 March 2011 - 12:01 PM, said:

I'm planning on a Sollux. Only thing I'm currently having trouble with is the teeth. anyone have suggestions?
Also, I'm so excited!

Lots of people have bought fake nails, cut them into sharp teeth shapes and then glued them to their teeth with denture glue. I'm pretty sure that you can eat in them as long as you're careful, but I've heard that they're pretty uncomfortable to have in your mouth.
Cosplay Time!

#25 User is offline   Latias 

• Pip

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:40 PM

About meetups, I think the lower dome looks like it'd be a great location! As for times, it looks like everyone agrees with Saturday, so I think that would be a good day to do it! The 4:00 timeslot for the dome looks filled, so I guess no 4:13? I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend a meetup at a later time than that, so for me, a meetup some time in the afternoon would work best. ^^

Also, yesss, we all need to fall down the stairs. That would be so rad. :'D
Cosplay? Ohhh yessss!
ACEN 2011

ACEN 2011 Photos

#26 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:59 PM

View PostLatias, on 09 March 2011 - 07:40 PM, said:

About meetups, I think the lower dome looks like it'd be a great location! As for times, it looks like everyone agrees with Saturday, so I think that would be a good day to do it! The 4:00 timeslot for the dome looks filled, so I guess no 4:13? I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend a meetup at a later time than that, so for me, a meetup some time in the afternoon would work best. ^^

Also, yesss, we all need to fall down the stairs. That would be so rad. :'D

Wait! The 4:00 time slot has been filled for the loading docks, the outside door and the tree patch, but not for the dome or the garden I don't think! I would love it if we could unofficially use both spots, but that would most likely be too much difficulty XD
Cosplay Time!

#27 User is offline   Latias 

• Pip

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:20 AM

View PostWeirdKanjiGirl, on 09 March 2011 - 09:59 PM, said:

Wait! The 4:00 time slot has been filled for the loading docks, the outside door and the tree patch, but not for the dome or the garden I don't think! I would love it if we could unofficially use both spots, but that would most likely be too much difficulty XD

Oh, man, I am so good at reading. XD My baaad. Well, that sounds good to me, but the people on MSPAchan seem to be thinking about something else? I'm not sure.. XD

Also, are you the Eridan that wants to set up the lunch thing at C2E2 on MSPAchan? C:

This post has been edited by Latias: 12 March 2011 - 01:21 AM

Cosplay? Ohhh yessss!
ACEN 2011

ACEN 2011 Photos

#28 User is offline   halcyonCoils 

• Pip

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

View PostLatias, on 12 March 2011 - 01:20 AM, said:

Oh, man, I am so good at reading. XD My baaad. Well, that sounds good to me, but the people on MSPAchan seem to be thinking about something else? I'm not sure.. XD

Also, are you the Eridan that wants to set up the lunch thing at C2E2 on MSPAchan? C:

Ohh incidently, I will also be at C2E2 :> But only on Friday.
Acen 2012
[p1] [p2]

#29 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:50 PM

View PostLatias, on 12 March 2011 - 01:20 AM, said:

Me? Oh god no, I can only afford to go from Iowa to Chicago once during the year for ACen XD Also I'm... uh... Not really old enough to hang out on MSPAchan >.> <.< Technically. So tell everyone to book it over here, since I doubt the mod wants to search all over to find out how we came to our decision.
Also I saw that the full schedule is up for the meetups. I-I thought that the deadline was the 25th or something. Does that mean we can't get in the schedule book any longer? Cause that would suck majorly...
Cosplay Time!

#30 User is offline   xane nightwing 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 57323

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:39 PM

View PostWeirdKanjiGirl, on 12 March 2011 - 06:50 PM, said:

Also I saw that the full schedule is up for the meetups. I-I thought that the deadline was the 25th or something. Does that mean we can't get in the schedule book any longer? Cause that would suck majorly...

dunno, but looking at the image (partially as someone who makes a lot of digital images) I notice a lot of jpeg artifacts.

anyone else? http://img.photobuck...lgatherings.jpg I dont want to be labeled as "crazy" even though I generally embrace the term.

This post has been edited by xane nightwing: 13 March 2011 - 11:41 PM

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users