Anime Central Forums: Please help this charity! - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Please help this charity! It only takes ten seconds!

#1 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:54 PM

Hello! As many of you know, I am into Harry Potter. The HP fandom has its very own charity called The Harry Potter Alliance. (For more info on it go to http://www.thehpalliance.org/) Right now, we are fighting to get back into first place for the Chase Community Giving competition on facebook. We can do this, but we need YOUR help. There is less the 24 hours left of the competition.

You may be thinking, what can a bunch of Harry Potter Nerds do with $250,000 dollars? Well, we have done many things with the money we have raised in the past. The most recent being a fundraiser for the Haiti relief effort. We raised $123,000 by auctioning off several items (not all Harry Potter related) and it went towards FIVE planes full of medical relief supplies. All of which have been delivered, they didn't just hold onto the money. Only imagine what we can do with $250,000.
Please, if you have a chance, do this for us. All you have to do is:

1. Click THIS link or www.hpaftw.com
2. Click “Get started to vote” (the second green button, top right)
3. Allow Access and then click “Like”
4. Click “Vote now” (green button, top right)

Please, it's really quick and easy, and you'll be doing a lot of good. If you have time after you vote, please send it to your friends to do the same!

Thanks in advance!
No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#2 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:50 AM

*likes and votes*
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

#3 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:18 PM

THANK YOU! Right now we are neck and neck for first. When I checked last night it was less than 100 votes. Keep voting please!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#4 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:45 AM

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! With everyone banding together it appears WE HAVE WON!! It was a close one. The final tally was:

1. HP ALLIANCE INC - 38,721 votes

2. KRISTIN BROOKS HOPE CENTER - 35,057 votes

3. NORTH AMERICAN BEAR CENTER - 17,986 votes

Again, thank you. I will keep you all updated on any news here. :)

This post has been edited by kungpowkirby: 13 July 2010 - 12:45 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users