Anime Central Forums: "hey you kids! get off my lawn!" - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

"hey you kids! get off my lawn!" in search of the fountain of youth...?

#1 User is offline   Ris 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 4289

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:00 PM

So today, for me, is a pretty normal day. Walk to class, walk to work, walk home, make dinner for myself, pay rent/other bills, etc.
Nowadays, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic for my younger years when I could just go to school, homework would take less than an hour if anything, I had a car/could drive anywhere, laze at home all day, play video games all day, call up a bunch of friends and hang out all day, all without too much stress or worry. Now I feel a bit of a guilt for whenever I come home from work/class, sit on the couch, and try and play Halo 3 for hours on end. I mean, I could/should be doing something more productive, right? :) Like worrying about taxes, or how much I'm going to get on my paycheck/whether or not I'll be able to afford rent/groceries, figuring out loans, increasing my GPA...blah blah blah.

There are some nice things about growing older, though. Examples, college is a lot more fun than high school, I have my own place to live (well, with a roommate but still! haha), i get to decide a lot about my personal schedule, no curfew, get into 18+ concerts/stuffs, I...i don't know lol.

Now would be a good age to stay forever. :D

How is everybody else enjoying the aging process? :)
ACEN2007 = "RASCIST GATOR! COMMUNIST FLAMINGO!"

#2 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 29826

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:07 PM

lets see the debt, lack of a job, lack of a good job market... hmmm bills, large bills at that. i think i wouldnt mind being 7 again.
the one the only princess neon plaid mix'n'match confusion of colour

#3 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:14 PM

Well...

I stopped enjoying birthdays after I hit 21. Now I'm doing everything I can to retain my youth

Ya know, refusing to give up those childish loves in your life.

I don't miss my teenage years. I was too childish and stupid for my own good. I was also treated like a small child by my parental units. So, I guess I do enjoy the age I currently am right now.

Still a little worried what 40 is going to feel like.
~~

#4 User is offline   proxy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19396

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:20 PM

I do miss being a kid and teen, but then again I don't. I was a sickly child...My doctor's office use to kid around about letting me become staff because I was always there. >>;; Though I kinda wish I can switch something with my teenage self...

#5 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:54 PM

everyone wants to stay the age they are when they're young.

i think after about 21-24, you start to feel the opposite. it really depends on what you're doing at the time
and how much you've achieved so far. i hated being a kid, but being about 19 again would probably be ideal for me.

still, there's plenty of good stuff about being in your early twenties, too, that i didn't have then. i dunno; it's human nature to never be completely pleased with what you have no matter how good it is.

OHEYRIS

This post has been edited by Keiichi-chan: 08 July 2010 - 09:58 PM

#6 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:11 PM

I look back on my childhood with regrets due to the way I acted. I was a problem child. I raised a fuss in classes, got into fights, and caused trouble for my poor mother when she was having a hard time raising me by herself. All I had going for me was good grades. I wouldn't ever want to relive my childhood years or my years in highschool where I was alone for the first 2 years and the last 2 years I had friends who were quick to stab you in the back and then offer you the knife with your blood still dripping from it so you can stab someone else. I love my life after highschool, but I would love to retain the youth I had back then, I was smart, quick, strong and I had fun when things weren't hell.

If I had to pick an age I'd love to stay 19 forever, my first year of college... wonderful. Sure I'd lose the ability to drink but I don't drink enough to cause a fuss about it as is.

By 19 I had mellowed out to being the exact opposite of how I was as a kid, though I think some of the childish tendencies are still lingering in my behavior...

I'd be happy not having to pay bills, rent and worrying about the job market...sigh, it's so bad that I'm going back to school because I can't even find a job.
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#7 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:41 AM

Was I the only one thinking Gran Torino??? :blink:
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#8 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:50 AM

Well, I'll be designing games for a living come next year. When I come home from work, I'll be lazing on my couch playing games that other people make for a living. I don't think I'll mind really. I already spend 8 hours a day on my college campus, doing pretty much the same thing. I really don't mind working, but starting to work, then having to stop and go again when I get home just never worked for me. Not having work to take home with me sounds wonderful. Homework was always the bane of my grades.
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#9 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:25 PM

View PostSka_Toranpetta, on 09 July 2010 - 12:41 AM, said:

Was I the only one thinking Gran Torino??? :blink:

Nope.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#10 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:57 AM

I think I'd like to be about 26-27 again, though only if I could retain the knowledge and maturity I feel I have now. I was too much of a whiny little bastard when I was that age.

My doctor was commenting on how a few health problems that I'm dealing with (nothing serious, just annoying) usually don't crop up until guys are in their forties, whereas I'm still two years shy of that. Thanks, doc! I feel so much better now! :angry:

Ben Da Mad Irishman
:pirate:
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users