Paranormal Activity 2 Will you see it?

#1 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:17 AM

http://www.shocktill...ws.php?id=15693

Liked the 1st. I saw the trailer for this one and it looks scary. But I'll wait so see what the critics say. Already I'm seeing comments that mention that this movie will be another "Blair Witch Project 2". Will it?
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2015

Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa)

#2 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:29 AM

View PostFemme Fatale, on 05 July 2010 - 11:17 AM, said:

http://www.shocktill...ws.php?id=15693

Liked the 1st. I saw the trailer for this one and it looks scary. But I'll wait so see what the critics say. Already I'm seeing comments that mention that this movie will be another "Blair Witch Project 2". Will it?

Didn't see the first, doubt I'll be swayed by the second. But to answer your question, short answer: yes, long answer: yeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss.
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#3 User is offline   HikariS 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 6839

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

Hmm I don't really see horror movies to be scared...because well frankly none of them are scary...at all...
I saw Paranormal Activity and I enjoyed it though part of the time I was cracking jokes. I think if you just make a big deal about it you can't be that disappointed.
<3 So many cosplays so little time <3
ACen '14 Cosplays: AoT: Dead!Marco Bodt ~ Phoenix Wright: Athena Cykes ~ Free!: Rei Ryugazaki(Arabian Ending outfit)~ Amnesia: Heroine
Past Cosplay: Final Fantasy 13-2: Yeul ~ Alice Madness Returns: Alice "Late but Lucky" dress ~ Soul Calibur 4: Shura ~ Kuroshitsuji: Ciel Phantomhive ~ KH-BBS: Aqua ~ Phoenix Wright: Maya Fey ~ Kuroshitsuji: Ranmao ~ Durarara: Izaya Orihara Angel Sanctuary- Michael ~ FF8-Rinoa ~ FF7- Tifa ~ FFX-Summoner Yuna~ FF IX-Garnet ~ Gackt- Malice Mizer: Bel Air ~Soul Calibur III-Taki~ Malizer Mizer Gackt: Le-Ciel live

#4 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:17 PM

It kind of looks like a continuation and I will see it but I don't know if I will see it in theaters. It kind of ruins the fun of 'being scared' when half the people are loudly announcing how "bad" it is. It gets annoying and is not worth paying 10 bucks. =/
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#5 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:50 PM

Dark atmosphere and sudden movement only scares children and dogs.

I'm not sure what about it is so scary.

doom 3 does not count
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#6 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17897

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:57 PM

of course ill see it, but the trailer didnt show much about the second movie
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1107...mp;id=586119408
My internship

Belongs in Damn Thread, if found please return to Kii
Spam Squad Member spam kill count:29 , Troll Hunter troll kill count: 1

#7 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:13 AM

I suppose so.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#8 User is offline   Matt PNiewski 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 28392

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:53 AM

I liked the movie when it was called "Blair Witch Project" or "The Last Broadcast." When it was "Quarantine" and "Cloverfield", though, I shrugged off. The gimmick wore thin. When it became Paranormal Activity, I gave up completely. The movie was terrible. It's got less story than any of those. It's another horror movie with characters in a horrible situation that we don't care about because they never gave us any reason to relate to the characters. Blair Witch Project gave us plenty of reasons to be interested in their struggle.

Cloverfield tried, but like Diary of the Dead, they decided 'Well, this is supposed to be real, so what should their dialog be?" "Hmm... Maybe they pause and yell a lot." Because, you know, REALISM. Paranormal Activity at least had better performances than that piece of dirt, but when you can't don't even care what happens to these people, where is the horror?

Dark atmosphere and sudden movement only scares children and dogs.

Very few movies can do this effectively. If you care about this people, a bump in the night means something bad for them. And it gets under the skin. In Paranormal Activity, all you get is a cheap, amatuerish shock. Like popping out and saying "Boo."

However, if the filmmaker does a good job and you get into the character's head, it could be quite effective. But that's hard to do, make you see through the Character's eyes.
Jimmy Olsen to the Real Life Superheroes.

#9 User is offline   ToneKray 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 58543

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:44 AM

i liked it, only cause it was the only movie to ever successfully scare me, lol.

i might check the 2nd one out, i just dont see how it could be a sequel given how the first one was

i just hope they stick to the low budget they did with the first one, that's the real reason i liked it, it made it seem more realistic, that's where they went wrong with the sequel to Blair Witch, imo

#10 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:54 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on 05 July 2010 - 09:50 PM, said:

I'm not sure what about it is so scary.

doom 3 does not count

It is scary to those that want to be afraid. You are not going to be afraid if you don't want to be. Also it is scary for those that have had those kinds of experiences before.
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#11 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 10 July 2010 - 01:13 AM

I don't know--I thought the dialogue in Cloverfield was actually fairly well done. I know the characters said a couple of things I probably would say in that situation. (Though if it was me, there would've been a ton more profanity. I cuss a lot when I'm scared.) The less said about Diary of the Dead--one of the few zombie movies where I wanted the zombies to win, so they would eliminate the weak and stupid of humanity--the better.

I also didn't find Blair Witch to be scary at all. Granted, I didn't see it in the theater, and I saw it several years after it came out, so the ending was well known and the gimmick had indeed worn off. A friend of mine who does not scare easily said that Blair Witch freaked him out. The last movie that bothered me to the point where I couldn't sleep was the new Dawn of the Dead; I still can't watch the zombie baby scene.

In any case, I won't be seeing this until DVD, if then...the temptation to MST3K it is just too hard to resist. Some other friends of mine got together and rented ".rec," which is actually pretty well done (Quarantine was based on .rec, but the latter is much better)--and we still had a blast doing Crow and Tom Servo impressions.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"CROOOOW!"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users