• You cannot reply to this topic

Angel Beats From creator of Clannad, Air, Kanon

#1 User is offline   june.h 

• Merchandise Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 387

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:25 AM

This topic needs more Angel Beats discussion. Series just finished, waiting for the OVA episode. Bah.

Soundtrack is great too.

#2 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:31 AM

Pretty solid series overall. I kinda liked that they always kept me guessing. Just when you think oh so this is going to be a music series, it switches gears. Okay then action, switches gears. While watching it I never really felt like I knew how things were going to go down. Personally I liked that they didn't take the easy way and make a simple and mediocre series that would probably still make money in Japan.

Still I have some issue with the ending...

Spoiler

Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#3 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:17 AM

I can honestly say, this is the first show who's ending had tears rolling down my face for an hour. My only wish is that we could have gotten a glance of Yui & Hinata walking by together in the final scene :0:

Looks like Angel Beats stayed true & pulled itself out of my 'dead' cosplay list & back onto my possible list.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#4 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:30 PM

I've heard the OP and I really like it. Is it any good? Or is it just hardcore drama the whole time?
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#5 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:40 PM

I think the series is great with a good mix of drama with the right amount of humor thrown in every now and them to keep things from getting to serious all the time.

I would have loved if they made this series longer to go more in depth with some of the other main characters in the Rebellion, like Shina and TK, those would have been interesting. They might eventually do a reboot of it like they did for Kanon in the future.

I look forward to this eventually getting licensed as Key's stuff is popular enough that it's works have been getting licensed ( Air, Kanon and Clannad in particular ).

The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#6 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:20 PM

View PostTaiyakiOni, on 30 June 2010 - 01:40 PM, said:

I think the series is great with a good mix of drama with the right amount of humor thrown in every now and them to keep things from getting to serious all the time.

I would have loved if they made this series longer to go more in depth with some of the other main characters in the Rebellion, like Shina and TK, those would have been interesting. They might eventually do a reboot of it like they did for Kanon in the future.

I look forward to this eventually getting licensed as Key's stuff is popular enough that it's works have been getting licensed ( Air, Kanon and Clannad in particular ).

Actually, it was intended to be longer, but the company producing it only allowed it to be 13 eps T_T
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#7 User is offline   hellocutie <3 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 58581

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:00 PM

I'm planning on cosplaying as Kanade, while my best friend will be Yuri. I'm glad I found Angel Beats on youtube, since it's been one of my favorite series, even though it was confusing at times XD. My favorite character besides Kanade was TK: he was the best! :thumbup: It was overall pretty good in my opinion!

This post has been edited by hellocutie <3: 02 July 2010 - 04:01 PM

Look at my ribbon! Say hello to me when you see me! <3

#8 User is offline   june.h 

• Merchandise Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 387

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:50 AM

View PostFlyingElf, on 30 June 2010 - 05:31 AM, said:

Pretty solid series overall. I kinda liked that they always kept me guessing. Just when you think oh so this is going to be a music series, it switches gears. Okay then action, switches gears. While watching it I never really felt like I knew how things were going to go down. Personally I liked that they didn't take the easy way and make a simple and mediocre series that would probably still make money in Japan.

Still I have some issue with the ending...

Spoiler

We were wondering about that too, but my guess is that they "wandered", maybe Otonashi longer than everyone else. Either that or maybe time/space has a different relation to the universe. Either way, we realized it wasn't worth thinking too much into =P

I love the music, the Girls Dead Monster album is pretty solid IMO too.

I hear they're releasing an extra episode with the DVD release though...hopefully it's not just stupid filler =/

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users