Anime Central Forums: Boxers or Briefs! - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 4 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Boxers or Briefs!

Poll: Boxers or Briefs! (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Women preferance for men

  1. Voted Boxers (11 votes [28.95%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 28.95%

  2. Breifs (2 votes [5.26%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 5.26%

  3. (Im not a woman) (25 votes [65.79%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 65.79%

Men to wear

  1. Boxers (20 votes [52.63%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 52.63%

  2. Breifs (8 votes [21.05%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 21.05%

  3. Voted (I'm not a man) (10 votes [26.32%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 26.32%

Vote

#31 User is offline   wrexness 

  • Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7901
  • Posts: 1,895
  • Joined: 06-September 06
  • Location:Bamboo Forest

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:13 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 29 June 2010 - 04:29 PM, said:

FACT:

Even tho it's cooler to wear boxers, Boxers are actually not very good for you. Not only do they not support the butt region, they also do not regulate the temp for the family jewels, so it's bad for making little billy bob junior.

Uhhh... noooo? Regulating temperature is exactly the reason that a man's jewels are located outside the body instead of inside. Your body performs that function naturally; you don't need your clothes to do it. (*Hint* You're familiar with "shrinkage"; this is the body's mechanism to deal with "the boys" being too cold.) The issue is heat, not cold. Even in boxers, they're still going to be very close to your thighs and will receive the ambient heat coming off of your body. In fact, one of the most common methods to raise sperm count is to lower your temperature by doing stuff like icing them down and taking cold showers - much colder than hanging free in boxers.

Also keep in mind that after you wear your clothes for a while, their temperature will not be that much lower than your own body temp, so even in boxers I don't see the threat of your sperm freezing because they're free in boxers. I'm by no means a doctor, but if you're at the point where the temperature outside of your core is getting too low, you're probably more concerned with surviving than what may come after.

Can't comment on the posterior remark though, I'd never heard that at all.

This post has been edited by wrexness: 29 June 2010 - 08:28 PM

2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#32 User is offline   Lina 

  • Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570
  • Posts: 6,860
  • Joined: 23-April 07
  • Location:Wonderland

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:26 PM

This has gotten extremely interesting. .____.
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#33 User is offline   wrexness 

  • Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7901
  • Posts: 1,895
  • Joined: 06-September 06
  • Location:Bamboo Forest

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:27 PM

View PostLina, on 29 June 2010 - 08:26 PM, said:

This has gotten extremely interesting. .____.

But informative, right? 8D
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#34 User is offline   XenoBlade 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384
  • Posts: 5,066
  • Joined: 15-February 07
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:37 PM

View Postwrexness, on 29 June 2010 - 08:13 PM, said:

Uhhh... noooo? Regulating temperature is exactly the reason that a man's jewels are located outside the body instead of inside. Your body performs that function naturally; you don't need your clothes to do it. (*Hint* You're familiar with "shrinkage"; this is the body's mechanism to deal with "the boys" being too cold.) The issue is heat, not cold. Even in boxers, they're still going to be very close to your thighs and will receive the ambient heat coming off of your body. In fact, one of the most common methods to raise sperm count is to lower your temperature by doing stuff like icing them down and taking cold showers - much colder than hanging free in boxers.

Also keep in mind that after you wear your clothes for a while, their temperature will not be that much lower than your own body temp, so even in boxers I don't see the threat of your sperm freezing because they're free in boxers. I'm by no means a doctor, but if you're at the point where the temperature outside of your core is getting too low, you're probably more concerned with surviving than what may come after.

Can't comment on the posterior remark though, I'd never heard that at all.


If I actually remembered (or cared enough while I was in class) I'd have to debate you with this, but as of now, I don't remember too much what I've learned, but I do remember a benefit of briefs was to regulate the temp, so in order to not spread false facts, I won't debate it until I get it right.

And with the butt region, it's simple. boxers don't support. there is NOTHING there. So flat butt guys tends to wear boxers. Briefs have support. (the tight design, and the thicker material at the bottom.) That I do remember for a fact. lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#35 User is offline   this_chick25 

  • Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489
  • Posts: 5,831
  • Joined: 25-June 06
  • Location:Wherever I am, I'm working on my cosplay...

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:44 PM

Underwear... are for the weak!

:lol: Nah, I like boxers (for me, too!). Few men and no cats look good in tighty-whiteys.
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#36 User is offline   wrexness 

  • Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7901
  • Posts: 1,895
  • Joined: 06-September 06
  • Location:Bamboo Forest

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:48 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 29 June 2010 - 08:37 PM, said:

If I actually remembered (or cared enough while I was in class) I'd have to debate you with this, but as of now, I don't remember too much what I've learned, but I do remember a benefit of briefs was to regulate the temp, so in order to not spread false facts, I won't debate it until I get it right.

I'll do it for you then. :3

http://www.webmd.com...ing-sperm-count

While it's not proven that briefs are "bad" for you (scientific studies are mixed), I know of exactly zero that say boxers are bad. As I said, your body regulates the temp; underwear is not necessary (double entendre?). If they're too hot, you sag a bit while they try to get away from your body; if they're too cold, you shrink so they can get more heat. It's not that complicated.
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#37 User is offline   Lina 

  • Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570
  • Posts: 6,860
  • Joined: 23-April 07
  • Location:Wonderland

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:53 PM

View Postwrexness, on 29 June 2010 - 08:27 PM, said:

But informative, right? 8D

I guess so. XDDD

I enjoy wearing boxers myself. They're so comfy! :3

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#38 User is offline   XenoBlade 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384
  • Posts: 5,066
  • Joined: 15-February 07
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:56 PM

View Postwrexness, on 29 June 2010 - 08:48 PM, said:

I'll do it for you then. :3

http://www.webmd.com...ing-sperm-count

While it's not proven that briefs are "bad" for you (scientific studies are mixed), I know of exactly zero that say boxers are bad. As I said, your body regulates the temp; underwear is not necessary (double entendre?). If they're too hot, you sag a bit while they try to get away from your body; if they're too cold, you shrink so they can get more heat. It's not that complicated.


Mmk. I stand corrected. I'll admit when I am wrong. lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#39 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3332
  • Posts: 1,626
  • Joined: 25-November 04
  • Location:Illinois

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:00 PM

View PostFoolish Humon, on 29 June 2010 - 05:45 PM, said:

Okay time for me to share my opinion.

Briefs are more comfortable and supportive, and much better for wearing while you are working or exercising. I don't understand why they are viewed as ugly, for me its more flattering for my nether region.

Boxers I suppose are more diverse, and are basically just wearing shorts under your pants, and tend to be very warm, so they are better for the colder months. They are not supportive at all and if you have one with some bad fabric there can be some unpleasant scrapping. Also, boxers are not flattering at all
Spoiler
but apparently women like boxers more so they win?

not really. you should wear whatever the hell you want to wear.
i think girls tend to prefer those ladies' boxer brief things and i completely of prefer the way basic, old-fashioned panties look on a women. if briefs are what feels right, by all means wear briefs. just let the girl choose everything else you wear and you should be fine. lol ;D

a lot of girls nowadays just go underwearless, too, i think. it's a shame, because they tend to have the more attractive-looking underwear overall.

Quote

I would also think that girls would be more into clothing that shows off what guys keep between their legs, but I guess they just like shorts better.

well, if you're down to your underwear with someone, you're probably not going to be modeling your underwear for very long in the first place. afterwards or whatever, when you're just hanging out or if you're the kind of person who just hangs out with their significant other in your underwear, whatever looks coolest is probably best.

This post has been edited by Keiichi-chan: 29 June 2010 - 09:08 PM


#40 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3332
  • Posts: 1,626
  • Joined: 25-November 04
  • Location:Illinois

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:11 PM

Quote

If I actually remembered (or cared enough while I was in class) I'd have to debate you with this, but as of now, I don't remember too much what I've learned, but I do remember a benefit of briefs was to regulate the temp, so in order to not spread false facts, I won't debate it until I get it right.

wrexness's actual scientific facts vs. xeno's speculative guessing, and ego: the battle rages on!!

in movies and stuff, when a guy has a low sperm count, they ALWAYS make them switch from briefs to boxers; there's
a sienfeld episode where kramer has to, too. but, y'know, no idea how reliable that info is. i've never heard about any actual benefits to wearing briefs besides preference.

This post has been edited by Keiichi-chan: 29 June 2010 - 09:12 PM


#41 User is offline   XenoBlade 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384
  • Posts: 5,066
  • Joined: 15-February 07
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:13 PM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 29 June 2010 - 09:11 PM, said:

wrexness's actual scientific facts vs. xeno's speculative guessing, and ego: the battle rages on!!

in movies and stuff, when a guy has a low sperm count, they ALWAYS make them switch from briefs to boxers; there's
a sienfeld episode where kramer has to, too. but, y'know, no idea how reliable that info is. i've never heard about any actual benefits to wearing briefs besides preference.



Such a shame. Your sarcasm is too late since I already said I was wrong.

Sorry Keiichi. Not this time.

Btw to correct you, it isn't "speculative guessing" is was remember what I was told in one of my classes. Apparently I was told wrong.

This post has been edited by XenoBlade: 29 June 2010 - 09:14 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#42 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3332
  • Posts: 1,626
  • Joined: 25-November 04
  • Location:Illinois

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:14 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 29 June 2010 - 09:13 PM, said:

Such a shame. Your sarcasm is too late since I already said I was wrong.

Sorry Keiichi. Not this time.

yeah, i just noticed! D:
/tears

he had to work hard and throw actual references out for you to acquiesce or budge on it at all, though. is it that hard to admit the underwear you have been wearing all this time..HAS BEEN A LIE? lol

EDIT: 'i kinda remember something someone told me one time' is speculation. even if you were taught by a scientist studying pelvisology, the human memory can be pretty unreliable. you shouldn't be so bold as to label vague memories "FACT", dude.

This post has been edited by Keiichi-chan: 29 June 2010 - 09:20 PM


#43 User is offline   Foolish Humon 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 31104
  • Posts: 377
  • Joined: 29-May 09
  • Location:The Boulevard of Acute Discomfort

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:16 PM

Briefs for work and boxers for leisure. That's what works for me.
"At the start Henry either dies or has sex, leaving not-Sarah to fall in love with or not in love with a shark, a squid, a pebble, a policeman or none or all of the above."
~*~ Behold my Manga, Cosplay, Artwork and Facebook ! ~*~
Look for me as time skip Sanji from One Piece at ACen 2012!

#44 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3332
  • Posts: 1,626
  • Joined: 25-November 04
  • Location:Illinois

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:25 PM

View PostFoolish Humon, on 29 June 2010 - 09:16 PM, said:

Briefs for work and boxers for leisure. That's what works for me.

you should just wear briefs and get thigh tattoos that make it look like you're wearing always boxers.

#45 User is offline   XenoBlade 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384
  • Posts: 5,066
  • Joined: 15-February 07
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:27 PM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 29 June 2010 - 09:14 PM, said:

yeah, i just noticed! D:
/tears

he had to work hard and throw actual references out for you to acquiesce or budge on it at all, though. is it that hard to admit the underwear you have been wearing all this time..HAS BEEN A LIE? lol

EDIT: 'i kinda remember something someone told me one time' is speculation. even if you were taught by a scientist studying pelvisology, the human memory can be pretty unreliable. you shouldn't be so bold as to label vague memories "FACT", dude.


Who says I didn't budge when he first taught me? It was what I was taught from before. Btw, please read my other posts as I said that I don't wear just one thing. Mmk?

And speculation is when you ASSUME or make some sort of thought process to what or how something works dear sir. If you are told one thing, even if it is wrong, it would be a fact to you. If someone told you 2+2=5 it is fact since that is what you were told. However, if you assume it is 5 if no one ever told you, then that is speculation. So even if I was bold enough to say fact, it was, until I was proven wrong.

Looks like this will be another clash of two stubborn and ego high people yet again.

This post has been edited by XenoBlade: 29 June 2010 - 09:28 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#46 User is offline   Foolish Humon 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 31104
  • Posts: 377
  • Joined: 29-May 09
  • Location:The Boulevard of Acute Discomfort

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:29 PM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 29 June 2010 - 09:25 PM, said:

you should just wear briefs and get thigh tattoos that make it look like you're wearing always boxers.


I don't know that sounds way to sexy for me.
"At the start Henry either dies or has sex, leaving not-Sarah to fall in love with or not in love with a shark, a squid, a pebble, a policeman or none or all of the above."
~*~ Behold my Manga, Cosplay, Artwork and Facebook ! ~*~
Look for me as time skip Sanji from One Piece at ACen 2012!

#47 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3332
  • Posts: 1,626
  • Joined: 25-November 04
  • Location:Illinois

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:34 PM

View PostFoolish Humon, on 29 June 2010 - 09:29 PM, said:

I don't know that sounds way to sexy for me.

i thought your goal was to make the womenz head explode.
i thought that was the goal...?

Quote

And speculation is when you ASSUME or make some sort of thought process to what or how something works dear sir. If you are told one thing, even if it is wrong, it would be a fact to you. If someone told you 2+2=5 it is fact since that is what you were told. However, if you assume it is 5 if no one ever told you, then that is speculation. So even if I was bold enough to say fact, it was, until I was proven wrong.

no, speculation is when you perpetuate heresay. you need to actual double check and research things on your own if your primary source of knowledge is 'things i have heard'. it's not a fact if you mistakenly believe something based on what you heard - it's ignorance, man.

it's okay to be a little stubborn if you're positive you're correct about something. but, if you think 2 + 2 equals 5....

This post has been edited by Keiichi-chan: 29 June 2010 - 09:39 PM


#48 User is offline   Valkyrie 

  • IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3041
  • Posts: 1,274
  • Joined: 21-September 04
  • Location:Mundelein, IL

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:34 PM

Oh for love of Pete, guys, it's just asking which type we prefer. Not which type is better at keeping everyone's personal live ammo and spare trunk more comfortable and thus which one should be rendered obsolete. And last I checked, it's not asking for a heated debate laced with sarcasm over who did more studying in Anatomy 101 (you know who you are).

Let's chill, okay?

And for the record, I say wear whatever makes you comfortable. Whether it be boxers, briefs, banana hammock, or commando, go ahead and wear whatever. And as a postscript...briefs are fine as long as they're clean.

*gets off soapbox*
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#49 User is offline   Foolish Humon 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 31104
  • Posts: 377
  • Joined: 29-May 09
  • Location:The Boulevard of Acute Discomfort

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:37 PM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 29 June 2010 - 09:34 PM, said:

i thought your goal was to make the womenz head explode.
i thought that was the goal...?


*runs to tattoo parlor.*
"At the start Henry either dies or has sex, leaving not-Sarah to fall in love with or not in love with a shark, a squid, a pebble, a policeman or none or all of the above."
~*~ Behold my Manga, Cosplay, Artwork and Facebook ! ~*~
Look for me as time skip Sanji from One Piece at ACen 2012!

#50 User is offline   XenoBlade 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384
  • Posts: 5,066
  • Joined: 15-February 07
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:42 PM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 29 June 2010 - 09:34 PM, said:

i thought your goal was to make the womenz head explode.
i thought that was the goal...?


no, speculation is when you perpetuate heresay. you need to actual double check and research things on your own if your primary source of knowledge is 'things i have heard'. it's not a fact if you mistakenly believe something based on what you heard - it's ignorance, man.

it's okay to be a little stubborn if you're positive you're correct about something. but, if you think 2 + 2 equals 5....


So then, what is real knowledge? We laugh at the fact that people thought the earth was the center of the solar system.

Ahh you know what, nevermind. For the sake of people who don't know how we debate stuff, I'll just go ahead and bow out. Kinda not in the mood to debate. (whoda thought)
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#51 User is offline   Kii 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629
  • Posts: 955
  • Joined: 07-July 09

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:47 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 29 June 2010 - 09:42 PM, said:

So then, what is real knowledge? We laugh at the fact that people thought the earth was the center of the solar system.



Oh please, Xeno. This isn't a matter of philiosophy, and it's a tad ridiculous to take it there.


On topic:

Personally I prefer the in-between: boxer briefs. Boxer briefs in nice colors. Any underwear in white looks like crap and is asking for trouble anyways.

Boxer briefs don't look like diapers AND cling to the thighs and butt. On a guy with a nice butt and thighs.....

Boxers always seem like too much fabric for an undergarment, and are more or less pants under pants.
But I do like taking them from my boyfriend and wearing them.

So either boxers or boxer briefs.

But any sort of undergarment looks nice on an attractive person.
-shrugs-

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#52 User is offline   XenoBlade 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384
  • Posts: 5,066
  • Joined: 15-February 07
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:49 PM

I was going to actually lead into defending my point, but I don't care anymore. But as I left it, yeah it does sound ridiculous, but whatever. Don't really care.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#53 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3332
  • Posts: 1,626
  • Joined: 25-November 04
  • Location:Illinois

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:51 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 29 June 2010 - 09:42 PM, said:

So then, what is real knowledge? We laugh at the fact that people thought the earth was the center of the solar system.

Ahh you know what, nevermind. For the sake of people who don't know how we debate stuff, I'll just go ahead and bow out. Kinda not in the mood to debate. (whoda thought)

facts are things you can prove.
speculation is things you've heard.
not to be a douche, but it's not rocket science, xeno.

people were ignorant to think the earth was the center of the universe, then they researched and studied and found out the truth - actual fact.

anyway, yes..yes..briefs are cool. i didn't mean to derail the thread, but it seemed a little rude to wrexness, who was correcting you politely, to go 'WELL I WOULD DEBATE YOU CUZ I AM OH SO SURE I AM PROBABLY RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING'. i did find it cute that you like boxers because they give dudes more junk in the trunk! lol! do some dudes really care about stuff like that? i've never heard of a guy wearing any thing because of how nice his butt looks in them..lol then again, my butt is probably too flat to be saved regardless.

i have bad memories of wearing briefs as a kid. i am never going back now. NEVER.

This post has been edited by Keiichi-chan: 29 June 2010 - 09:57 PM


#54 User is offline   wrexness 

  • Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7901
  • Posts: 1,895
  • Joined: 06-September 06
  • Location:Bamboo Forest

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:52 PM

View PostSaphrinka, on 29 June 2010 - 09:34 PM, said:

Oh for love of Pete, guys, it's just asking which type we prefer. Not which type is better at keeping everyone's personal live ammo and spare trunk more comfortable and thus which one should be rendered obsolete. And last I checked, it's not asking for a heated debate laced with sarcasm over who did more studying in Anatomy 101 (you know who you are).

Let's chill, okay?

And for the record, I say wear whatever makes you comfortable. Whether it be boxers, briefs, banana hammock, or commando, go ahead and wear whatever. And as a postscript...briefs are fine as long as they're clean.

*gets off soapbox*

While I agree it doesn't have to get heated, it's not as though the topic is irrelevant. If it was only about what we prefer, we'd just have one word posts in this thread. If some of the reasons for wearing one type or the other are based on possible health implications, I don't think it's wrong to address that in a civil manner.

I also agree about comfort level. I wear boxers because it's what I'm comfortable in, but then again I don't really have to look at other dudes in their drawers. XD

This post has been edited by wrexness: 29 June 2010 - 09:52 PM

2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#55 User is offline   Kii 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629
  • Posts: 955
  • Joined: 07-July 09

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:53 PM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 29 June 2010 - 09:51 PM, said:

facts are things you can prove.
speculation is things you've heard.
not to be a douche, but it's not rocket science, xeno.

people were ignorant to think the earth was the center of the universe, then they researched and studied
and found out the truth - actual fact.


Jesus Christ.
I'm going to repeatedly slam my face into the keyboard now.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#56 User is offline   XenoBlade 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384
  • Posts: 5,066
  • Joined: 15-February 07
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:58 PM

Luckily I saw Kii's post, and I was actually going to continue. I'm on topic for now on here. I'm done putting up my shields.

Anyways, as stated, people should just wear whatever. Unless you are really hurting to make kids. lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#57 User is offline   Kii 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629
  • Posts: 955
  • Joined: 07-July 09

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:59 PM

Hey guys, you know what relates to your choice of underwear?

Your knowledge of the known universe.

Everything is connected.
It's come full circle in this thread.
I've never felt more enlightened.

View PostXenoBlade, on 29 June 2010 - 09:58 PM, said:

Luckily I saw Kii's post


<3

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#58 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3332
  • Posts: 1,626
  • Joined: 25-November 04
  • Location:Illinois

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:00 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 29 June 2010 - 09:58 PM, said:


Anyways, as stated, people should just wear whatever. Unless you are really hurting to make kids. lol

I KNOW I AM!
/thrust

#59 User is offline   Foolish Humon 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 31104
  • Posts: 377
  • Joined: 29-May 09
  • Location:The Boulevard of Acute Discomfort

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:02 PM

I am so glad this thread turned into a debate about life and philosophy.
"At the start Henry either dies or has sex, leaving not-Sarah to fall in love with or not in love with a shark, a squid, a pebble, a policeman or none or all of the above."
~*~ Behold my Manga, Cosplay, Artwork and Facebook ! ~*~
Look for me as time skip Sanji from One Piece at ACen 2012!

#60 User is offline   Kii 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629
  • Posts: 955
  • Joined: 07-July 09

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:03 PM

View PostFoolish Humon, on 29 June 2010 - 10:02 PM, said:

I am so glad this thread turned into a debate about life and philosophy.


It certainly turned my day around.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

  • 4 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users