• This topic is locked

Ideas to make our act even better?

#1 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:37 AM

So every year, I am a counselor at a religious youth camp for middle schoolers. Every year, on the last night of the camp, we have an all-camp "No-Talent Show". While most of the campers do things like tell jokes, have a burping contest, or do a silly dance, some of the counselors treat the No-Talent-Show as serious crap. Everyone wants to be the coolect counselor on camp (though there is no "official" winner),being the most epic talent show act catapults you right to the top.

My friend Jordan and I learned the 'Daft Bodies' dance (link) to 'Harder Better Faster Stronger'. (we made black bodysuits with white lettering; religious camps tend to frown upon wearing only a sports bra and shorts :P) We do the dance in the dark under a blacklight to make our white letters glow. (It's difficult to catch on camera due to the speed in which we move in addition to the blacklight, but the kids go CRAZY over it) Last year, we rocked this original version of the song. This year, we used the Raindropz remix, (link) which is a lot faster, and has a much more 'techno-ish'exciting beat, so it hyped up the kids a lot. The remix also has a few long discourses without lyrics, so we got to add in some awesome breakdancing, and even had a danceoff against eachother during the song. The kids FLIPPED.

Last year, it was no contest, and we absolutely owned everyone. (rightfully so, rightfully so) This year, one of the new counselors (our good friend Christian) became our biggest competition by presenting an act in which he spun around these glow stick things. It's hard to describe, but luckily, I have a clip. (link) (He also managed to nab the last time slot, when we specifically asked for it beforehand, rawr) Most of the camp agreed the two glowing acts were an extremely close tie.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love the guy, and he's one of my closest counselor friends. I'm more excited than anything to have some serious friendly competition. It gives Jordan and I a reason to seriously up our game for next year.

As much as I'd like to do the same dance another year, I don't think there's much more epicness we can add to it, so we're compelled to find a new act for next year. I've come to find that glowing, lights, and fast, techno music are the things that the kids go most crazy for. I think it might be cool to create a 'daft bodies' style dance for a different song (though I haven't found one I think might work yet, any ideas?) or else think of something else epic you can do that glows.

Any input or ideas?

(Note: The stage is Extremely small and only elevated a few inches, and leaves little room for extremely extravagant stunts)

This post has been edited by sweetbeanpaste: 24 June 2010 - 11:41 AM

Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

#2 User is offline   Matt 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1225

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:44 PM

I haven't seen the movie, but perhaps a song or two from Camp Rock?
:heart: <span style='color:Magenta'>Proud Secretary of the Plushy Guardian Alliance</span> :heart:

:heart: <span style='color:Blue'>Soldier in The Glomp Team </span> :heart:

<span style='color:DarkSlateBlue'>Member of the Anime Central Association for the Advancement of Bunnykind</span>

#3 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:45 PM

View PostMatt, on 24 June 2010 - 01:44 PM, said:

I haven't seen the movie, but perhaps a song or two from Camp Rock?

It's been done.

Also, 'm not much of a disney fan.
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.

#4 User is offline   keiichi969 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 49954

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:09 AM

Do some Caramelldansen?

#5 User is offline   fotaku07 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29213

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:31 PM

Do something like Matrix Ping Pong if you have enough people... or do something with the same effect.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dcmDscwEcI[/media]

Others from Kasou Taishou...
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSknHtlKI8U[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__PWe4-CGTU[/media]

Ah! If you only have two people you could do a gymnastics routine like at 1:56 in this video [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWBAciB_oBw[/media]

#6 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28448

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:55 AM

...Technologic? Or would that be too much like what you've been doing?
Cosplay 2012: Mitsuki Saya (Black Cat), Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai)
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;

"A blank piece of paper is God's way of telling us how hard it is to be God."
-Sidney Sheldon

#7 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:17 PM

View Postfotaku07, on 26 June 2010 - 10:31 PM, said:

Ah! If you only have two people you could do a gymnastics routine like at 1:56 in this video [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWBAciB_oBw[/media]

I'm not quite sure what oyu were referring to. The video was just a jumble of lots of different stuff

View PostKaay-chan, on 27 June 2010 - 02:55 AM, said:

...Technologic? Or would that be too much like what you've been doing?

That might work! I just need to find a remix exiting enough
---

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users