Anime Central Forums: Artist Alley / Art Show Rules, Regulations, and Prices - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Artist Alley / Art Show Rules, Regulations, and Prices Rules, Regulations, and Pricing

#1 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:46 AM

Please View the Official Artist Alley / Art Show Rules and Regulations, along with Pricing, on our Website.

CLICK ME TO VIEW THE OFFICIAL ARTIST ALLEY RULES & REGULATIONS
CLICK ME TO VIEW THE OFFICIAL ART SHOW RULES & REGULATIONS
CLICK ME TO VIEW THE OFFICIAL ARTIST ALLEY & ART SHOW PRICING
Posted Image
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#2 User is offline   Sen 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 8926

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:15 AM

View PostVoltaire30, on 23 June 2010 - 09:46 AM, said:

under the Artist ally sales rules is:
You may not sell and/or display Animal Tails, Fantasy Tails, Tails, or Tail like products for use as a tail, or uses other than using that tail as a tail. The majority of these items have become professional products in the Exhibition Hall, and therefore will be limited to the Exhibition Hall, and not allowed in the Artist Alley. The only exception will be unique commissions taken at the convention for delivery after the event.

my question is, does this apply to hand made My Little Pony tails, multi colored arm & leg cuffs? because that is pretty much the bulk of my table.

Chibi responds with Yummy Yummy Burger

#3 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostSen, on 11 December 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

under the Artist ally sales rules is:
You may not sell and/or display Animal Tails, Fantasy Tails, Tails, or Tail like products for use as a tail, or uses other than using that tail as a tail. The majority of these items have become professional products in the Exhibition Hall, and therefore will be limited to the Exhibition Hall, and not allowed in the Artist Alley. The only exception will be unique commissions taken at the convention for delivery after the event.

my question is, does this apply to hand made My Little Pony tails, multi colored arm & leg cuffs? because that is pretty much the bulk of my table.

It applies to the tails, but not the arm and leg cuffs.

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#4 User is offline   Tokoz 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18712

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:19 PM

Is there a section of the faq listing the consequences of violating one or more of these rules? A full reading of the faq shows references to multiple levels of punishment/warnings (asked to remove offending items, revoke a badge, ban lists), but I couldn't find anything laying out what each penalty is, when it is earned, what appeals processes are, how long bans last, etc. I hate even to be asking this, but I need to prove a point to someone (and I thought I remembered it being in past years' faqs, though I might be wrong).

#5 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:45 PM

View PostTokoz, on 30 April 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

Is there a section of the faq listing the consequences of violating one or more of these rules? A full reading of the faq shows references to multiple levels of punishment/warnings (asked to remove offending items, revoke a badge, ban lists), but I couldn't find anything laying out what each penalty is, when it is earned, what appeals processes are, how long bans last, etc. I hate even to be asking this, but I need to prove a point to someone (and I thought I remembered it being in past years' faqs, though I might be wrong).

You are correct, there were details pertaining to penalties, how they can be earned, and how long they last, but we have since moved away from that method of reinforcement. We rarely had people do something that would require such activity, and so we decided that we should focus more on making the event better for the Artists rather than making "bear traps" all over the hall. This year's transition from the FAQ on the forums to the FAQ on the website, was the largest change in how we laid everything out. Plus it helps provide a more community feel rather than a us vs them mentality. :)

#6 User is offline   Tokoz 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:19 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 30 April 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

You are correct, there were details pertaining to penalties, how they can be earned, and how long they last, but we have since moved away from that method of reinforcement.

So what does happen if a studio breaks the rules? Anything?

#7 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

View PostTokoz, on 30 April 2014 - 09:19 PM, said:

So what does happen if a studio breaks the rules? Anything?

We generally follow the rule of three, per violation. If it is a reasonable misunderstanding, then the offense is not considered an offense. Most problems that draw staff attention though, are related to contract violations so each situation needs to be reviewed independently from each other, and depending on the severity, steps can be skipped. So setting anything in "stone" is difficult on a general scale.

First Offense: A Warning.
Second Offense: Final Warning, and Not Welcome Back Next Year.
Third Offense: Removed from the Event.

If the studio/exhibitor accrues three or more First Offenses, all other and following offenses are reviewed at the second offense tier, and move directly to the third offense if any other violation occurs past that of the second tiered offense.

Does that help?

The problem we ran into previous;y, before we moved toward this ^^ was that people would rub right up against the line on purpose. :(
So vagueness kept that from happening. :\

#8 User is offline   Tokoz 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:29 AM

Yes, that is very helpful, pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Thank you! :)

#9 User is offline   Tokoz 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:01 AM

Okay, different question now. Sorry I'm being such a pain so close to the con. :(

Are artists required to have a full, 3-day badge in order to be in the AA?

I know artists are required to have their table staffed for the full 3 days to the best of their ability, but that could be done with a Friday pass, a Saturday pass and a Sunday pass (if someone wanted to be strange). Could a multi-person studio designate one person the Friday person, one for Saturday, one for Sunday?

#10 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:04 PM

View PostTokoz, on 01 May 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

Okay, different question now. Sorry I'm being such a pain so close to the con. Posted Image

Are artists required to have a full, 3-day badge in order to be in the AA?

I know artists are required to have their table staffed for the full 3 days to the best of their ability, but that could be done with a Friday pass, a Saturday pass and a Sunday pass (if someone wanted to be strange). Could a multi-person studio designate one person the Friday person, one for Saturday, one for Sunday?

Yes, an Artist would need to have a full day badge in order to be in the AA.

A studiomate could theoretically just use a one day badge, but that bedge would need to be surrendered after that day or the studio would be billed the remainder that would be due for a full weekend badge. We want to avoid this since it would cause a lot more paperwork and require more people to attend to this process, as well as place the studio in a bind if the studiomate flakes and doesn't turn in their badge. :(

#11 User is offline   Tokoz 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:58 AM

Thank you very much for the clarification! :)

#12 User is offline   CaptiveAura 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 65966

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:45 PM

Quick question, we are looking to apply for the 2015 ACen AA, but wanted to know your rule on fleece hats. We sell other items as well and the fleece hats are only a small portion of what we make. Examples at captiveaura.deviantart.com
Thanks

#13 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:53 PM

View PostCaptiveAura, on 29 September 2014 - 08:45 PM, said:

Quick question, we are looking to apply for the 2015 ACen AA, but wanted to know your rule on fleece hats. We sell other items as well and the fleece hats are only a small portion of what we make. Examples at captiveaura.deviantart.com
Thanks

They are allowed, but there are restrictions on wearable items in our rules, under sales.

• You may not sell and/or display T-Shirts or Large Wearable Materials such as clothing in excess of 50% of your used table/area space, above, below, in front, beside, and behind said table/area space.
  • You may not sell and/or display Animal Tails, Fantasy Tails, Tails, or Tail like products for use as a tail, or uses other than using that tail as a tail. The majority of these items have become professional products in the Exhibition Hall, and therefore will be limited to the Exhibition Hall, and not allowed in the Artist Alley. The only exception will be unique commissions taken at the convention for delivery after the event.

#14 User is offline   CaptiveAura 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 65966

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 29 September 2014 - 08:53 PM, said:

They are allowed, but there are restrictions on wearable items in our rules, under sales.

• You may not sell and/or display T-Shirts or Large Wearable Materials such as clothing in excess of 50% of your used table/area space, above, below, in front, beside, and behind said table/area space.
  • You may not sell and/or display Animal Tails, Fantasy Tails, Tails, or Tail like products for use as a tail, or uses other than using that tail as a tail. The majority of these items have become professional products in the Exhibition Hall, and therefore will be limited to the Exhibition Hall, and not allowed in the Artist Alley. The only exception will be unique commissions taken at the convention for delivery after the event.

Thanks! Looking forward to applying in December then!! :D
I always worry, since some cons have a lot of restrictions. I appreciate your quick response as well!

#15 User is offline   Hellmaster Bean 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9131

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:46 PM

I can't find it anywhere but how many tables are we allowed to reserve for our group?
Ya darn kids with your One Piece and your rock n' roll music! Get offa my Upper Yard!!

Cosplay for ACen '15
- IDK?
Come see my work at the art show! Plush bentos and Pokemon!

Visit my DeviantArt Gallery for my latest plush creations and My Etsy Shop for sales

#16 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:47 PM

View PostHellmaster Bean, on 31 October 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

I can't find it anywhere but how many tables are we allowed to reserve for our group?

The max number a studio can request is two tables. :)

#17 User is offline   Hellmaster Bean 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9131

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:02 AM

Thanks for getting back to be some fast
Ya darn kids with your One Piece and your rock n' roll music! Get offa my Upper Yard!!

Cosplay for ACen '15
- IDK?
Come see my work at the art show! Plush bentos and Pokemon!

Visit my DeviantArt Gallery for my latest plush creations and My Etsy Shop for sales

#18 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60865

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:43 PM

I couldn't find this in the rules anywhere, so hoping you might be able to shed some light on it, Philip :)

I'm planning to (assuming there is one) participate in the "12 days of ACen" contest for the free artist alley table and will hence be drawing the ACen mascots. If our entry is not the winner (or even if it is) are we allowed to sell merchandise (thinking buttons in this case) of ACen's mascots? I figured it's just another form of fanart, but want to make sure it's legit with the convention before I start printing buttons.

Thanks!

I will (hopefully) be attending ACen 2015 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#19 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:33 PM

View PostIcyPanther, on 06 November 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

I couldn't find this in the rules anywhere, so hoping you might be able to shed some light on it, Philip Posted Image

I'm planning to (assuming there is one) participate in the "12 days of ACen" contest for the free artist alley table and will hence be drawing the ACen mascots. If our entry is not the winner (or even if it is) are we allowed to sell merchandise (thinking buttons in this case) of ACen's mascots? I figured it's just another form of fanart, but want to make sure it's legit with the convention before I start printing buttons.

Thanks!

There should be another 12 Days of ACen, with one of the AA tables as a prize this year, pending some catastrophic event. :P
The thing is though, from my understanding in order to enter into the contest, the Artist has to sign over the Artwork to MAPS for our exclusive use. The Artist still retains the right to show it in a portfolio, but for other uses it would fall under MAPS. So while it would fall under the FanArt category, a submission to the contest wouldn't be usable to sell afterward.
That being said, as far as FanArt goes of our Characters, we have had some less than desirable experiences with people in the past :( , so we don't permit FanArt of our Mascots anymore.

I have to talk with our Production Department to be sure on all the details, but that was my understanding of it all.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users