Nintendo 3DS

#91 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:04 AM

View Postbewd7879, on 12 August 2011 - 11:50 AM, said:

Note: I know, there's something wrong with me that I have never played Zelda OoT. I get that a lot :D

Don't feel bad, I haven't either. I don't mention it because of the awkward talk:

*Played Z: oot before since you like Zelda?
*Nope
*Why not?
*Never had a N64 was too lazy to play it on an emulator. I would need a GC controller
*But its the best Zelda game ever!!!111 What was the last one you played?
*The one with five swords on GBA
*I think?

But 85 dollars for a 3ds is tempting. Maybe before the holiday rush or black friday I'll pick one up. Atlus is taking all my money with P2P.

What colors do they have current in USA? Since its region locked I can't get the better Japanese colors or bundles and I'm not feeling static Ky blue.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#92 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:12 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 15 August 2011 - 07:04 AM, said:

But 85 dollars for a 3ds is tempting. Maybe before the holiday rush or black friday I'll pick one up. Atlus is taking all my money with P2P.

What colors do they have current in USA? Since its region locked I can't get the better Japanese colors or bundles and I'm not feeling static Ky blue.

Just a heads up, Gamestop deal for the trade-in your DS get a 3DS for $99-$129 is over as of today (yesterday was your last day. :( ) On top of that I traded Halo Reach (I beat it, not playing it anymore, :P), Goldeneye Wii, and a few other titles on top of the DSi. So now it's back to $169 before tax. As for colors, right now black and blue, next month a red one should be out.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#93 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:35 AM

Red? I can work with that. Thanks for answering; still stuck on Ps3 for internet.

Well I can wait til black friday. I still have 999 and Persona games to finish.

I would be so happy if they put a 999 sequel or remake on the 3ds.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#94 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:57 PM

So 3DS IMO is really lacking on the retail side of things but in the download market lots of great stuff! I bought Super Mario Land, Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (the first Zelda I beat as a young lad), and a game I'm sure most of you never heard of called Art Style: Precipe. It's a simple yet real fun puzzle game where you must keep climbing a tower with pieces falling down on you that you must climb and dodge falling from the floor you're standing on. The Art Style series is great. I have Cubello and another fun game that I can't think of the name (something with Hexagon) for Wii.

Any fellow 3DS (or DSi) owners have any good download recommendations?
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#95 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

3DS available for $149.99, free shipping.
http://dealzon.com/deals/nintendo-3ds
http://www.ebay.com/...ck/280730234046
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#96 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:42 PM

View PostPrayer Police, on 29 August 2011 - 01:23 PM, said:

Thanks for the link up.

Note: Certain DS games played on a 3DS might look weird because of resolution issues, (top screen.)

http://www.nineinchs...arison-Shot.jpg

Dunno if this was mentioned or not. I just found this out myself.

*LOL at siggy* I like Prez myself from the same company than Pocky.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#97 User is offline   Aiko☆Noble 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 22845

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:55 PM

I'm just... well, I need somewhere to talk about this because of all the feelings I have inside. XDDD

Over the weekend, I went out and bought a 3DS and OoT 3D, because OoT is my most favorite game of all
time, and there was really no way I could go on living without owning the remake, honestly.

So, it's Sunday and I've beaten it, I'm almost done with the Skulltulas and Heart Pieces, and I'm
gonna finish up the few sidequests I have left... but I just wanted to say that, from a probably
pretty biased standpoint, this remake is really, really freaking awesome.

Every detail has been amped up, the graphics are awesome, and it's just... really hard to describe
how the little things, like items in a person's home that really bring out the character more, have
been added to the game. Every time I entered a new area or temple for the first time, I just had to
sit there and stare at how fantastic it looked.

The only drawback, I'm going to say, is obviously they kept the censors from past the gold cartridge,
and the game seemed a LOT easier. The water temple seemed... for lack of a better phrase, watered down!
I know everyone gripes about it, I even complain sometimes, too, it's frustrating, even though I've played
it a million times, but I guess I can see why they did it. It seems almost the same difficulty as the other
temples now.

Anyway, I realized I'm ranting a little too much, and this thread isn't even about the game itself, ha ha!
If you read this whole thing, well thanks haha, but if you didn't, it's no big thing, I just had to get some
stuff off of my chest! XD

ACen '12
Gamzee Makara (Homestuck)
Prospit!Gamzee (Homestuck)
God Tier!John (Homestuck)

#98 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

View PostAiko☆Noble, on 25 September 2011 - 08:55 PM, said:

I'm just... well, I need somewhere to talk about this because of all the feelings I have inside. XDDD

Over the weekend, I went out and bought a 3DS and OoT 3D, because OoT is my most favorite game of all
time, and there was really no way I could go on living without owning the remake, honestly.

So, it's Sunday and I've beaten it, I'm almost done with the Skulltulas and Heart Pieces, and I'm
gonna finish up the few sidequests I have left... but I just wanted to say that, from a probably
pretty biased standpoint, this remake is really, really freaking awesome.

Every detail has been amped up, the graphics are awesome, and it's just... really hard to describe
how the little things, like items in a person's home that really bring out the character more, have
been added to the game. Every time I entered a new area or temple for the first time, I just had to
sit there and stare at how fantastic it looked.

The only drawback, I'm going to say, is obviously they kept the censors from past the gold cartridge,
and the game seemed a LOT easier. The water temple seemed... for lack of a better phrase, watered down!
I know everyone gripes about it, I even complain sometimes, too, it's frustrating, even though I've played
it a million times, but I guess I can see why they did it. It seems almost the same difficulty as the other
temples now.

Anyway, I realized I'm ranting a little too much, and this thread isn't even about the game itself, ha ha!
If you read this whole thing, well thanks haha, but if you didn't, it's no big thing, I just had to get some
stuff off of my chest! XD

Dork. lol XD
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#99 User is offline   Aiko☆Noble 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:38 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 25 September 2011 - 09:26 PM, said:

Dork. lol XD

XENO OMG S T O P MAKING ME LOOK BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
ACen '12

#100 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:12 PM

View PostAiko☆Noble, on 25 September 2011 - 09:38 PM, said:

XENO OMG S T O P MAKING ME LOOK BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

You don't need my help for that. lol XD

(don't kill me. lol)
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#101 User is offline   Aiko☆Noble 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:24 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 25 September 2011 - 10:12 PM, said:

You don't need my help for that. lol XD

(don't kill me. lol)

FLIPS AND SPINS FOREVER INTO SPACE WITH AN ANGRY FACE!!!
omg you are so dead!!!! XDDD

ACen '12

#102 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:33 PM

View PostAiko☆Noble, on 25 September 2011 - 10:24 PM, said:

FLIPS AND SPINS FOREVER INTO SPACE WITH AN ANGRY FACE!!!
omg you are so dead!!!! XDDD

Good thing you are spinning forever in space. I might have worried if you was gonna come back. lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#103 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:56 AM

3DS AND DSi Owners! Zelda Four Swords is available for free to download today! You have until February 20th to get it!

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#104 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:08 PM

View PostSTVO, on 29 September 2011 - 10:56 AM, said:

3DS AND DSi Owners! Zelda Four Swords is available for free to download today! You have until February 20th to get it!

2012?

I might have a DSi by then.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#105 User is offline   Mr. Turnabout 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19057

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:20 PM

I've been wanting to pick one up for a while.
Mostly for SMT:DS Overclocked, but I'm really excited for a lot of titles, like Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus. I'm also wondering how Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright is going to be...?

OH, by the way Fujoshi...
Here's that sequel you wanted.
I happen to like 999 as well.

This post has been edited by Mr. Turnabout: 04 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

Name is Jadwin. No. It's not fake. Seriously.
My Man. If only I was /THIS/ good.
I'd call myself a Cos-player, but that means I've really cos-played, and well... that hasn't happened yet.

Well, I'd like to Cos-play at some point.

#106 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:05 PM

View PostMr. Turnabout, on 04 October 2011 - 07:20 PM, said:

Mostly for SMT:DS Overclocked, but I'm really excited for a lot of titles, like Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus. I'm also wondering how Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright is going to be...?

YAY.

Vita? I'm so loving it. P4 the golden plus this plus P fighting game! But the trailer...bunny? BUNNY.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#107 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:34 AM

i just brought a 3DS yesterday with zelda a few remarks about the system and game

*as comming off from the ds lite i need to get ues to where the start button is, i keep hitting power off.

*the UI is very nice granted from my exprince i only uesthe 360, wii and a android smartphone, i say it a mix of wii's and a android.

*upset about lack of online in the free 4 swords but oh well it was free.

*OoT remake imo was needed for the fact that the late 90's graphics age like a warm stake outside in the summer, and the gamelooks amasing, anyone who can't tell a diffence is joking themselfs, it reminds me of what TP would of look like if it wasn't for all the mud thrown on it due to the style of gaming back then.

*most of the stuff in the game is now access though the touchscreen, the ocarina is now always up there and i think the boots can now be linked to the item buttons in the menu like in TP, another thing from TP which may be good or bad is that it now 5 peices of hearts to get a new life.
ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#108 User is offline   Kenny499 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60283

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:38 AM

I just got my 3DS for Christmas, and I have to say I really haven't put it down since. I got the blue one with the green OoT zelda cover for it. I did end up buying the OoT remake for it too, I haven't gotten far into it due to lack of time but so far the graphics are amazing.
To be honest though, I kinda miss the blockyness of the n64 version, Ive been playing majoras mask recently and have grown quite used to how it looks.

I really hope they make a majoras mask remake too! That one was my all-time favorite. I would love to see what it would look like with all of the new fancy graphics.

The 3DS itself is awesome, but I don't like the fact that my normal ds games are a lower quality when I play them on it. Also (maybe its just me being lazy) some games you can't just sit down and play (which would stink if you wanted to play it on a long car ride!). for example, the "face raiders" game it comes with you have to basicly be on your feet spinning around to be able to shoot everything. I also find myself barely using the 3D option on the ds, it makes everything harder to see. But with some games (like OoT) having it on just a tiny bit makes a lot of difference in how amazing it is.

Other then that the other thing I really don't like is that when you press the power button it doesn't auto-shut off, you have to wait a few seconds and then confirm that you don't want it on sleep mode.

BUT Despite that the 3DS is worth the money, I don't think I could ever switch back to my old DS ( I still had the original DS before this one).

Oh and just a warning if any of you have younger siblings/relatives/kids who have a 3ds, kids under or around 6 shouldn't use the 3D option due to their eyes still developing. The option can be turned off in parental controls though. From what I've read anyone over that the 3D shouldn't do any harm to, at most it would just give you a headache.

Oh and...

View PostMr. Turnabout, on 04 October 2011 - 07:20 PM, said:

999, Phoenix wright, and Professor Layton are all amazing, I'm looking forward to the PW vs PL.

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users