• You cannot reply to this topic

Nintendo 3DS

#31 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:46 PM

I just mine today and I am VERY impressed with it. I've only played it for an hour or two, but the 3D is something I'm amazed at. The analog thumbpad is also great, FAR surpassing the PSP dinky little nub and the AR games the thing came with are a pretty cool concept I'd like to see more of. Battery life I haven't properly tested, plus I'm disappointed that the web browser and eShop aren't up yet (though Nintendo says those'll be up in May). Launch lineup is lukewarm, but so have a lot of launches for the past ten years. I would say the best game to get is by far Street Fighter IV as it uses the hardware to its fullest. All in all, a great improvement of the DS design and I can't wait for more games, like RE: Mercenaries
Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

#32 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

I like that NIntendo has taken some responsibility with kids playing too many video games. There are items in the games that you need to use a special currency that you only get by walking a certain amount of steps with the system turned off. Helps to take a break from the games (can save your eyes from 3d strain if it bothers you).
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#33 User is offline   AshBird 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 14799

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:13 PM

It seems that there is a problem in Ghost Recon's coding that is causing the 3DS to crash. Looks like Nintendo has already fixed it with a firmware update.
My tongue moved, a swung relaxing hinge.
I said to her, 'What will become of us?'
And as forgotten water in a well might shake
At an explosion under morning

Or a crack run up a gable,
She began to speak.
'I think our very form is bound to change.
Dogs in siege. Saurian relapses. Pismires."

- from Seamus Heaney's "Sibyl", part two of "Triptych"

#34 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:38 PM

View PostAshBird, on 28 March 2011 - 06:13 PM, said:

It seems that there is a problem in Ghost Recon's coding that is causing the 3DS to crash. Looks like Nintendo has already fixed it with a firmware update.

Luckily it was only a handful of the systems, so no RROD syndrome.

Also, anyone else hoping someone finds some neat things to do with the AR cards? Those were a COOL tech demo if nothing else

#35 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:22 PM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 28 March 2011 - 06:38 PM, said:

Luckily it was only a handful of the systems, so no RROD syndrome.

Also, anyone else hoping someone finds some neat things to do with the AR cards? Those were a COOL tech demo if nothing else

scan the AR card and print it out on a big sheet of paper. Saw someone do this with something similar and he had a life sized maid walking around his room >_<

#36 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:30 PM

you may be able to di it with cell phones so maybe brint one on top of a tv and have a giant mario in your room.
ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#37 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:30 AM

View PostSuigetsu, on 28 March 2011 - 08:22 PM, said:

scan the AR card and print it out on a big sheet of paper. Saw someone do this with something similar and he had a life sized maid walking around his room >_<

I know Nintendo said their rewards program will eventually have large AR cards up for sale. I really someone packs in an AR card for games to do something with them because it's a neat piece of software

#38 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:09 AM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 29 March 2011 - 02:30 AM, said:

I know Nintendo said their rewards program will eventually have large AR cards up for sale. I really someone packs in an AR card for games to do something with them because it's a neat piece of software

I know Nintendogs uses the card, but I am hoping for pokemon to do battles like this in the future.

#39 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:04 PM

I want Yu-Gi-oh to release AR cards. XD

Playing with my friends, and the monsters actually pop out and fight?!

My kitchen table would be full of adventures.
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#40 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:17 PM

View PostKrystal, on 29 March 2011 - 12:04 PM, said:

I want Yu-Gi-oh to release AR cards. XD

Playing with my friends, and the monsters actually pop out and fight?!

My kitchen table would be full of adventures.

There is a Yugioh game in the making. I think it is only natural that they should use the ar system (Dark Magician Girl <3)

#41 User is offline   Kaia Hatsune 

• Forum's Little Pony
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59449

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:07 AM

omg, so a few of my friends got the 3DS and it's soooooooo awesome!!

One of my friends had the cards thing in which the characters pop up and all that, and I had NO idea that existed XD (totally out of the loop with the 3DS until recent)

If ACen wasn't so soon, I would have one right now T__T
ACen 2015
Arcade Sona(LoL)- 100% [bringing back]
Asuka Shikinami Soryu- 0%
My Cosplay.com

#42 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:10 AM

View PostKaia Hatsune, on 31 March 2011 - 12:07 AM, said:

One of my friends had the cards thing in which the characters pop up and all that, and I had NO idea that existed XD (totally out of the loop with the 3DS until recent)

Nintendo was a fool for not advertising this aspect more. No one knows about it it seems.

#43 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:09 AM

yeah, they really should have advertised that more. I showed it to my mother and she was blown away by it. The archery and shot minigames do some really cool things

#44 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

View PostSuigetsu, on 31 March 2011 - 06:10 AM, said:

Nintendo was a fool for not advertising this aspect more. No one knows about it it seems.

This is news to me; I could have put this in the other 3DS thread since I was gathering information about it. The most I found was 3d and region lock issues.

Yeah Acen is close so the most I might get is a DSI when I trade in my ds lite but that's it. I probably won't get the 3ds til after summer maybe. I really want that SMT game badly.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#45 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:39 PM

I GET MINE IN 6 HOURS.

Oh desire.
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#46 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59638

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:33 PM

I just first hand played with it the other day...and it was frickin cool....Me want.... But! I am BROKE!! (Cannot stress that enough to myself...=_=) and peopleare like telling me.. "You can buy an xbox with that kind of cash!!!! The DS is so small!!! And you can buy rice, chicken adobo, and siopao to last for a few months!!!"

.....Me still want...
But then I started to get double vision looking at the screen adn got dizzy after a few seconds.... xD =_= >.<
**The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them**ACen 2013 (Hopefully...Graduation is in the way..) England: %100 completed, Halloween2010!England %0, 2P!England %1, Chibirisu %0, Jeanne de Arc %0, Yukio %0, Ciel Phantomhive %0
Main dA boi, dA Advice Account, Youchube Account
Babe, you mean more to me than you can ever know.

#47 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:13 PM

Kirkland: o_o That no good!

Actually paid about 275 for PS3 so meh. If you trade in your old system you get cash off of it so it's not as much as a PS3 or a 360.

GAH I Want SMT so badly! OVERCLOCK >.<
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#48 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:13 AM

I wanna see one... T_T
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#49 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59638

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:44 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 02 April 2011 - 05:13 PM, said:

Kirkland: o_o That no good!

Actually paid about 275 for PS3 so meh. If you trade in your old system you get cash off of it so it's not as much as a PS3 or a 360.

GAH I Want SMT so badly! OVERCLOCK >.<

Oui! There tres no good! *shakes head* >.< Ack...! I have like 3 old DS systems and a gba system that I wanted to trade in...but the guy said I cant cause theyre either broken too much or some parts are missing..!!! Dx Im so upset and mad... *pouts*
**The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them**ACen 2013 (Hopefully...Graduation is in the way..) England: %100 completed, Halloween2010!England %0, 2P!England %1, Chibirisu %0, Jeanne de Arc %0, Yukio %0, Ciel Phantomhive %0
Main dA boi, dA Advice Account, Youchube Account
Babe, you mean more to me than you can ever know.

#50 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:21 AM

Zombie thread ressurected!!!

http://kotaku.com/58...sive-price-drop
The 3DS is now going to be $170 on August 12!!!
Early adopters can get 20 free downloadable games.
discuss

This post has been edited by Prayer Police: 28 July 2011 - 08:22 AM

^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#51 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:49 AM

i know there was going to be a price drop before the PSV but i was thinking 200$, 170$ seem about right, it looks like it time for me to buy it with OoT 3D.
ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#52 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:32 AM

I'm going to buy one sooner now. I almost want one today for the 20 free games but I'll wait. It just goes to show, you need a few AAA games out right away (Mario, Zelda, Kid Icarus, etc.) to be worth a darn. The lack of games, the fact I bought a DSi in December '09 only to hear a week later that 3DS was announced, and the hefty price held me away from buying one right away.

Multiple system releases will catch up (see Sega.)
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#53 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:35 AM

$170 is pretty nice but the drop does show a deeper problem, lack of sales. For $249 I could get a XBOX 360 for that price. The handheld has only been out for 4 months and now they drop the price down to $170. And the 20 free games are cool but not 3D games. At least thrown in a free game of choice with purchase. And watch a new version will come out and it will be even bigger like that of the DS XL. I agree STVO about the lack of interest of 3D games out now. Ill wait.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#54 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:09 PM

What games to get, hmm. Zelda is gonna be one for sure.

#55 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:57 PM

GBA virtual downloads!!!???
F' yeah!!!!
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#56 User is offline   cloudacmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17980

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:10 PM

With the price cut I'll probably end up picking one up with my birthday money. Early buyers of the 3DS do get the benefit of get 10 GBA and 10 (S)NES games. (I can't recall if it was NES or SNES)
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudacmaster
Cosplays did not happen in 2009, thanks to finals. Things are not looking good in 2010 either :/ I may not make it til Acen until Sat. evening.
Forum Doctor and Forum weather man!

#57 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:08 PM

View Postcloudacmaster, on 28 July 2011 - 01:10 PM, said:

With the price cut I'll probably end up picking one up with my birthday money. Early buyers of the 3DS do get the benefit of get 10 GBA and 10 (S)NES games. (I can't recall if it was NES or SNES)

It was NES games; this also pretty much confirms that there'll be a NES virtual console and possibly a GBA one (Nintendo said they don't have a GBA VC officially planned for the moment).

I'm definitely glad I got my 3DS early since now I get free stuff for it. There's no way Nintendo's selling the thing at a loss, so they have Sony in a pretty perilous position; unlike Nintendo, Sony can't afford to drop the price further.

#58 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:10 PM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 28 July 2011 - 05:08 PM, said:

It was NES games; this also pretty much confirms that there'll be a NES virtual console and possibly a GBA one (Nintendo said they don't have a GBA VC officially planned for the moment).

I hope the GBA Virtual Console comes to 3DS at some point. That or at least bring out Yoshi's Island and Star Fox out to the Wii Virtual Console before they stop supporting it! :P

Really, I am very tempted to buy a Nintendo 3DS right now for that awesome 20 games deal but with my vacation coming up, I really can't blow that money right now. :(

They said 10 NES and 10 GBA games but have only listed 5 each, here's what they have so far:

NES
Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong Jr.
Balloon Fight
Ice Climber
The Legend of Zelda

GameBoy Advance
Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Metroid Fusion
WarioWare Inc.: Mega Microgame$
Mario vs. Donkey Kong

I already have Super Mario Bros., Legend of Zelda, and Mario vs. Donkey Kong. With the exception of Ice Climbers (I like them in Smash Bros, but not their game, sorry) the line-up is very solid. If you guys have the money or don't have your console online yet... GET ON IT!
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#59 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:56 PM

Ah now I may actually have more people to play with for this drop in price.

#60 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:04 PM

Not sure if want still after price drop. I'm still not convinced to buy one.
SoyCon 7: The School Edition | June 28-29, 2014 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users