Anime Central Forums: Kingdom Hearts - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Kingdom Hearts do you think that the KH franchise is getting to big?

#1 User is offline   Axelstrength 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 58531
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 17-June 10

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:11 AM

just voice your opinion about Kingdom Hearts

#2 User is offline   kenkendazo  

  • The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670
  • Posts: 2,127
  • Joined: 20-October 08
  • Location:Forum

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:39 AM

Sellout
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#3 User is offline   Chocobofan4 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 43918
  • Posts: 95
  • Joined: 16-November 09
  • Location:Chicago.

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:27 AM

I like it, but I don't think more games are really necessary...
Cosplay Plans
||Ginjinka Pikachu||Christmas Town Sora||Magnet Rin||Alice in Wonderland||

#4 User is offline   Lina 

  • Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570
  • Posts: 6,860
  • Joined: 23-April 07
  • Location:Wonderland

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:32 AM

I enjoy them and I like that they are coming out with more games because I want to know more about the stories behind everything.
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#5 User is offline   Tiamat97 

  • Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17897
  • Posts: 1,154
  • Joined: 14-April 08
  • Location:New Lenox

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:43 AM

its alright but its starting to get like final fantasy but a little worse, FF you dont need to play the previous game to know whats going on but KH 1 and 2 are pretty much stand alones, then you have prequels to them. after seeing the end of birth by sleep i wonder how theyre going to make the first kingdom hearts really fit in.

if they didnt add the Unversed then the first game might make sense, the only thing that connects 1 and 2 is Chain of Memories, and throughout 2 they make hints of Birth by Sleep which connects those two, and after birth by sleep there should be one more game which will be the secret ending of birth by sleep, so far its being called Reconnect Kingdom Hearts, and i think if they make a game after that then its being too stretched. They are however giving the fans what they want. People wanted to know what happened when Roxas was in the Organization, thus came 358/2 days, then they wanted to know where the Organization came from so they're making Birth by Sleep, and since its event before the first game they needed new characters
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1107...mp;id=586119408
My internship

Belongs in Damn Thread, if found please return to Kii
Spam Squad Member spam kill count:29 , Troll Hunter troll kill count: 1

#6 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281
  • Posts: 1,956
  • Joined: 16-May 06
  • Location:Ft. Wayne, IN.

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:09 PM

It's something that needs to end. It's obvious that it's one of square enix's cash cows, but that makes them want to make more of the game. But that weakens and hurts the story more and more. It's killing what made the first game great and has become nothing but a fangirl game nowadays.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#7 User is offline   Jeff 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29995
  • Posts: 453
  • Joined: 12-May 09
  • Location:Bridgeview Illinois

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:04 PM

There was this chick with black hair, I think. I can't remember. I cried when she...who?
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#8 User is offline   Voxx 

  • Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994
  • Posts: 6,202
  • Joined: 28-January 08
  • Location:traveling in the TARDIS

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:50 PM

I really really enjoyed the first game even though the graphics were not that great and from there on out I feel it has digressed. I still liked the second game, and chain of memories wasnt that bad, but I think it is getting too out of hand. As much as I would like to know more and see where the storyline goes, I just wish it would end with all of the 'side quests' like games that really have nothing to with the main focus. Its like they make more and more games with background information, that is nice to know, but unnecessary. I'd like to see these games move back on track to what the first was like.
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#9 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 41763
  • Posts: 1,523
  • Joined: 21-October 09
  • Location:Gensokyo

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:06 PM

I liked KH and KH2. The number of KH games they keep releasing is whoring themselves out when all we want is KH3 damn it!!!!

Enough with the backstory games that I honestly couldn't care less about, give me the meat and bones of the story in another full action adventure game and end the series! Last thing we need is Kingdom Hearts: Sora's Baby Chronicles.

The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#10 User is offline   Voxx 

  • Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994
  • Posts: 6,202
  • Joined: 28-January 08
  • Location:traveling in the TARDIS

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:13 PM

View PostTaiyakiOni, on 20 June 2010 - 05:06 PM, said:

Last thing we need is Kingdom Hearts: Sora's Baby Chronicles.


You just doomed us all sir...
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#11 User is offline   Tiamat97 

  • Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17897
  • Posts: 1,154
  • Joined: 14-April 08
  • Location:New Lenox

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:28 PM

but there would be no point to that, unless its a game about sora telling his kid about his adventures. i think when they are done with kingdom hearts though that they need a kingdom hearts complete, going in event chronological order, especially since japan got the final mixes and we didnt
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1107...mp;id=586119408
My internship

Belongs in Damn Thread, if found please return to Kii
Spam Squad Member spam kill count:29 , Troll Hunter troll kill count: 1

#12 User is offline   Jeff 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29995
  • Posts: 453
  • Joined: 12-May 09
  • Location:Bridgeview Illinois

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:50 PM

Kingdom Hearts is potentially one of the greatest RPGs of all time, lore wise. The only problem is, the lore is becoming convoluted and uninteresting. I'm almost certain that the plot of the PSP game was dramatically overhauled. Chain of memories is weird and didn't seem lead into KH2 very well.
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#13 User is offline   FlyingElf 

  • Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447
  • Posts: 3,884
  • Joined: 19-May 03
  • Location:Utica, MI

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:27 PM

I really dislike the direction they started taking the game with the second one. The first one was challenging with a decent storyline. In the second one, they took their legendary weapon and just started handing them out like candy. Hey, you want a keyblade? We found this stock just lying around, so KEYBLADES FOR ALL! Its like if everyone in the King Arthur stories got to wield an Excalibur. It would hardly make it important anymore. Plus they seem to have adopted this style of telling a story that is so intentionally complicated and vague that it requires other games to explain it. This is just poor storytelling at this point. Lastly, I really dislike how the game went from in the first one having to watch for cues from the enemy to attack and block to simply mashing x. The game is so easy, just mash x until it dies. There is no skill involved outside of the extra Sephiroth fight. I like some kind of challenge when I play my games, otherwise theres no sense of accomplishment when I finish and beat them.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#14 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281
  • Posts: 1,956
  • Joined: 16-May 06
  • Location:Ft. Wayne, IN.

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:51 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on 20 June 2010 - 08:27 PM, said:

I really dislike the direction they started taking the game with the second one. The first one was challenging with a decent storyline. In the second one, they took their legendary weapon and just started handing them out like candy. Hey, you want a keyblade? We found this stock just lying around, so KEYBLADES FOR ALL! Its like if everyone in the King Arthur stories got to wield an Excalibur. It would hardly make it important anymore. Plus they seem to have adopted this style of telling a story that is so intentionally complicated and vague that it requires other games to explain it. This is just poor storytelling at this point. Lastly, I really dislike how the game went from in the first one having to watch for cues from the enemy to attack and block to simply mashing x. The game is so easy, just mash x until it dies. There is no skill involved outside of the extra Sephiroth fight. I like some kind of challenge when I play my games, otherwise theres no sense of accomplishment when I finish and beat them.

Ahem! I thought exactly the same thing when KH2 was out. When everyone throwing keyblades around I was thinking,"Wasn't there supposed to be only one of these?" Mickeys one I can kinda understand and since well it is disney. But everyone else it's just stupid.

Also I can't understand how you can have such a great game and literally respawn the bad guys from the first game. When I was playing through KH2 I and the same villains popped up, hows come nobody said, "Hey aren't you dead?" King(dumb) Hearts is trying to become a series like FF. The only problem with that is, YOU CAN"T HAVE THE SAME CHARACTERS IN EVERY GAME! I understand that Disney does have a certain amount of characters, But that doesn't excuse them from having the same story in each game.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#15 User is offline   xvszero 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 48208
  • Posts: 130
  • Joined: 17-January 10
  • Location:Chicagoland

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:04 PM

I kind of hated the original Kingdom Hearts, and never bothered with the sequel.

Anyway, it's a bit odd that there has been no KH3 yet what with all of these prequels and spinoffs. I wonder if they are still trying to decide what platform to put it on? It's not as obvious as last gen where PS2 pretty much ruled for JRPGs.

#16 User is offline   FlyingElf 

  • Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447
  • Posts: 3,884
  • Joined: 19-May 03
  • Location:Utica, MI

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:40 PM

I'm pretty sure the call has already been made for PS3.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#17 User is offline   Sir Viver 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 45691
  • Posts: 1,050
  • Joined: 11-December 09

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:43 PM

View PostSuigetsu, on 20 June 2010 - 09:39 AM, said:

Sellout
Ah, Kingdom Hearts' theme song...
Soul of the mind, key to life's ether...
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel...
Let strength be granted so the world might be mended...
So the world might be mended...

#18 User is offline   Ris 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 4289
  • Posts: 160
  • Joined: 17-April 05
  • Location:wild west

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:19 AM

square enix is baiting us in with all of these side-story games they're putting out for the KH series. are they successful with this? oh, you know it. (i'm guilty)
i will admit though, other than KH and KH2, the other games I've played have seemed kind of unnecessary. Seemed more like they should be some sort of easter egg, or some sort of unlockable story/feature in one of the main games.
the disney characters in the games oftentime ruin the, well, the "feel" i have in the game. Like, [/insert intense emotional/battle awesome serious scene here] and then Mickey pops up and you're just like, omg, moment ruined.
The FF characters involved aren't so bad (they're not as ridiculous. but I could never call her Aerith, that's so strange after years of 7's aeris.
I feel like a lot of the hype for KH came from it being a love-child of Disney and FF...but I think it could have done well enough on it's own, too (with all new, original characters etc). But then again I'm biased because I'm a sucker for RPGs.

The more money square sucks out of people, the more of a powerhouse they become and the more I look up to them and want to work in that industry. (am I a horrible person?)
But yes. I totally am kind of a fan-idiot when it comes to those games...I LOVE them. <3
ACEN2007 = "RASCIST GATOR! COMMUNIST FLAMINGO!"

#19 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272
  • Posts: 702
  • Joined: 03-February 10
  • Location:Weedland, USA

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:29 PM

I always loved the thought of Disney characters interacting with the Square Enix/Soft/Du Jour ones. I first heard of the game and really liked the idea. It was a huge crossover event that gained many fans quickly.

But thats the problem. It has too many fans. This then makes it expand beyond normal boundaries beyond regular sequels because they know they can get away with it.

Then again I speak purely from a spectators viewpoint, as I have not owned any games, the systems, or even played them.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#20 User is offline   xvszero 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 48208
  • Posts: 130
  • Joined: 17-January 10
  • Location:Chicagoland

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:12 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on 20 June 2010 - 11:40 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure the call has already been made for PS3.


I highly, highly doubt Kingdom Hearts 3 would be a PS3 exclusive, considering it is one of the few JRPGs that sells better in the West than in Japan, and the PS3 is the worst selling platform in the West. Probably it will be 360/PS3, but possibly it would go Wii since there are a million Wiis out there and the whole Disney thing fits the family-friendly audience.

#21 User is offline   FlyingElf 

  • Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447
  • Posts: 3,884
  • Joined: 19-May 03
  • Location:Utica, MI

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:27 PM

View Postxvszero, on 21 June 2010 - 10:12 PM, said:

I highly, highly doubt Kingdom Hearts 3 would be a PS3 exclusive, considering it is one of the few JRPGs that sells better in the West than in Japan, and the PS3 is the worst selling platform in the West. Probably it will be 360/PS3, but possibly it would go Wii since there are a million Wiis out there and the whole Disney thing fits the family-friendly audience.


Oh I'm sure Microsoft will make their bids for it and they may even be successful as they were with FF13, but we will see. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sony make a counter offer to keep it exclusive as well because if it is, it will move systems. Its exactly what Sony needs. Its one of those wars I really wish I could see the behind the scenes of.

I highly doubt it goes to the Wii. Wii is already getting Epic Mickey as an exclusive, though so maybe the sales of that could change the decision. Square is all about making their main selling games pretty though and its much harder to make a game on the Wii pretty.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#22 User is offline   Axelstrength 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 58531
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 17-June 10

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:33 AM

View PostRis, on 21 June 2010 - 11:19 AM, said:

square enix is baiting us in with all of these side-story games they're putting out for the KH series. are they successful with this? oh, you know it. (i'm guilty)
i will admit though, other than KH and KH2, the other games I've played have seemed kind of unnecessary. Seemed more like they should be some sort of easter egg, or some sort of unlockable story/feature in one of the main games.
the disney characters in the games oftentime ruin the, well, the "feel" i have in the game. Like, [/insert intense emotional/battle awesome serious scene here] and then Mickey pops up and you're just like, omg, moment ruined.
The FF characters involved aren't so bad (they're not as ridiculous. but I could never call her Aerith, that's so strange after years of 7's aeris.
I feel like a lot of the hype for KH came from it being a love-child of Disney and FF...but I think it could have done well enough on it's own, too (with all new, original characters etc). But then again I'm biased because I'm a sucker for RPGs.

The more money square sucks out of people, the more of a powerhouse they become and the more I look up to them and want to work in that industry. (am I a horrible person?)
But yes. I totally am kind of a fan-idiot when it comes to those games...I LOVE them. <3

yes i love kingdom hearts but THREE new games are coming out and we got most of the story down already. the story in between KH 1 and 2 is already down and Coded is suposed to take place in between it too. KH 3D... well i dont know whats gonna be the story line for that

#23 User is offline   Axelstrength 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 58531
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 17-June 10

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:38 AM

View PostJeff, on 20 June 2010 - 03:04 PM, said:

There was this chick with black hair, I think. I can't remember. I cried when she...who?

Xion i hate her >.< Axel is a sexy beast

#24 User is offline   Tiamat97 

  • Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17897
  • Posts: 1,154
  • Joined: 14-April 08
  • Location:New Lenox

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:45 AM

i just looked at some of the few screen shots they have of KH3D and im a little confused, Sora is in his KH 1 character model fighting a Twilight Thorn in Traverse Town. and as a fan of KH and only owning a DS KH3D better be compatible with the original DS
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1107...mp;id=586119408
My internship

Belongs in Damn Thread, if found please return to Kii
Spam Squad Member spam kill count:29 , Troll Hunter troll kill count: 1

#25 User is offline   Lina 

  • Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570
  • Posts: 6,860
  • Joined: 23-April 07
  • Location:Wonderland

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:55 AM

I'm going to buy a 3DS. Apparently you can change it to 2D if you want so that is a plus. I'm willing to trade in my DS Lite toward the 3DS. I'm torn between Blue and Purple.

Look how pretty they are!

Blue
Purple

I'm probably gonna get Blue because it's my favorite color.

This post has been edited by Lina: 22 June 2010 - 10:08 AM

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#26 User is offline   HaruHE 

  • Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 10773
  • Posts: 3,905
  • Joined: 01-May 07
  • Location:Around here. Somewhere.

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:54 AM

Let sleeping beasts lie, that's what I say about this.
Once more returned to the forums. 2013 ideas:
Hieda No Akyu: Project Touhou
Shadow Yukiko Amagi: Persona 4
Kyouko Sakura (Magic form): Magi Madoka Magica

#27 User is offline   Sir Viver 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 45691
  • Posts: 1,050
  • Joined: 11-December 09

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:24 PM

Remember back when Kingdom Hearts was about Disney?

Yeah... Those were the days.

Spoiler

Soul of the mind, key to life's ether...
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel...
Let strength be granted so the world might be mended...
So the world might be mended...

#28 User is offline   XenoBlade 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384
  • Posts: 5,066
  • Joined: 15-February 07
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:31 PM

Whenever something is popular, some people have legitimate reasons to hate it, but alot just hate it because it's the cool thing.

I think the rabid fanboy/girls did more harm to KH, then the game itself.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#29 User is offline   FlyingElf 

  • Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447
  • Posts: 3,884
  • Joined: 19-May 03
  • Location:Utica, MI

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:10 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 22 June 2010 - 04:31 PM, said:

Whenever something is popular, some people have legitimate reasons to hate it, but alot just hate it because it's the cool thing.

I think the rabid fanboy/girls did more harm to KH, then the game itself.


Thats a cop out answer. Feel free to refute my original statements on why #2 was a bad game though if you want to back this up. I also think on the flip side of your statement that some people overlook its flaws purely because it has Final Fantasy and Disney characters in it.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#30 User is offline   XenoBlade 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384
  • Posts: 5,066
  • Joined: 15-February 07
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:44 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on 22 June 2010 - 05:10 PM, said:

Thats a cop out answer. Feel free to refute my original statements on why #2 was a bad game though if you want to back this up. I also think on the flip side of your statement that some people overlook its flaws purely because it has Final Fantasy and Disney characters in it.


Well thing is, I did say some people have legitimate reasons tho. I never said that I believe it was a great game. And I'd agree with you, there ARE two sides to the coin. And you have to admit, some people hate it just because it's too popular and don't give it a chance. Humans do that with everything, I doubt they'll stop with a game. lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users