Anime Central Forums: you gotta be kidding me... - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

you gotta be kidding me... dads dont like lame fathers day gifts?!

#1 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 29826

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:56 PM

now this is crazy talk

so yahoo says now that those tacky handmade mugs we all were forced to make in 2nd grade are not what dad wants on fathers day. nor does he want a shirt that says hes the best dad... infact it says i should shell out on a new gadget for him.

yahoo, has not met my father! he still wears the worlds best dad sweat shirt from like 1989 xmas. heck he would still wear his booty cut shorts if i hadnt made fun of them and put them on to ask if i could walk out the house in them, i was told no.

that ugly mug i made in 2nd grade his pens are in it. the one i made in 5th grade well thats on the coffee table. the amazing painting i made him well that i dunno where it is. though yahoo is all wrong. as king lard a** loves the really lame gifts i get him for fathers day.

infact for his bday i got his cake and had it say happy bday lard a**! he made a joke of it and said the guy spelled lord wrong.

enough about my dad, what did you all get your dad? i still gotta buy mine something.
the one the only princess neon plaid mix'n'match confusion of colour

#2 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:58 PM

I got my dad a Blackhawks Stanley Cups Champions shirt that will probably not be really worn. He has a bunch of championship shirts, like all the Bulls championships during the Jordan era, a Bears Super Bowl shirt, etc. lol
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#3 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:24 PM

gin and tonic water
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#4 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:31 PM

I have no idea what I'm getting for my dad (or dad-in-law, for that matter). My dad is one of the most impossible men to buy gifts for. Christmas, birthdays, doesn't matter - it's always "I don't know," or "I'll think on it," without any real answer.

I know I got him a gift last year for either Dad-day or his birthday - don't remember which. It was a little 6-piece utility tool, fashioned like a Swiss Army knife, for his golf set. (I'd thought about getting him a new golf glove, but that got nixed when I realized I had no clue what size he needed.) And he absolutely LOVES it. He couldn't stop playing with it after he opened it. One of the little gidgits on it is a magnetic dot that can be removed and used as a turf marker - he had a blast just popping it on and off the base of the tool. I never knew my dad was so easily amused, *lol*
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#5 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:54 PM

I still think he'd dig an adult Yoko pillow.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#6 User is offline   Chocobofan4 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 43918

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:29 PM

I saw this earlier and it made me sad.
My dad loved all of those things, or at least he said he did. They're still around so it's not a big deal.

I'm making him beer bottle cap magnets. He collects them like no other, and has too many doubles anyway.
Cosplay Plans
||Ginjinka Pikachu||Christmas Town Sora||Magnet Rin||Alice in Wonderland||

#7 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:47 PM

A grenade launcher and a private island to play with it on.

No. Not really.

All I have to offer is love this father's day.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#8 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:13 PM

My dad still has every crappy little thing I have ever made from him that hasn't reasonably deteriorated with time.

I got my dad a grill. Daddy is the type of person who will grill in fair weather or foul, so I got him a pretty good one.

His old one, one of the ancient "oil-can" models, was pretty much on it's last legs--there was a hole burnt through the bottom that had a bad case of rust, and the cooking grate was held together in more than one place with pieces of wire coat hanger. It was a sad grill monster.

I wanted his gift to be a surprise, and for him to get it in time to use it for Father's Day, so I bought it online (awesome sale and free shipping) and had the package sent to his house in my name. I tracked it all the way to his door, then waited for him to call me when the FedEx guy showed up to his door. He was so happy! :lol:
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#9 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:28 PM

View Postthis_chick25, on 18 June 2010 - 09:13 PM, said:

My dad still has every crappy little thing I have ever made from him that hasn't reasonably deteriorated with time.

I got my dad a grill. Daddy is the type of person who will grill in fair weather or foul, so I got him a pretty good one.

His old one, one of the ancient "oil-can" models, was pretty much on it's last legs--there was a hole burnt through the bottom that had a bad case of rust, and the cooking grate was held together in more than one place with pieces of wire coat hanger. It was a sad grill monster.

my dad comes up with any excuse to NOT touch his grill... he even replaced it with a really nice newer one a few years ago as the thing before was older than me... he has told my mom a few good excuses, 'wheres the brush to clean it with?' 'what about my sauce recipe book' 'i dont have any propane' 'its not clean yet' 'did you ever find the brush to clean it with??'

finally my mom found everything on his excuse list and just sat it out on the table. now hes got no excuse other than 'im just too tired'

im going to get dad a gift tomorrow if i dont get distracted and go to the dog store instead and get size info on this dress i want to my puppy for when i go pick her up in 6 weeks.

#10 User is offline   Jello 

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3087

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:34 PM

my daddy loves his homemade gifts too!!

This year i didnt really get him anything. However I am taking him to the Mayhem Festival at the end of July so im kind of counting that as his fathers day gift.

I wanted to get him a Toews jersey but some jerkoff (dave) at work took it off hold and put it back on the sales floor. It sold by the time I came into work for my shift that day.

ACen Registration Staff 2006-2009, 2012-2013
Assistant Department Head of Registration 2010 - 2011
Youmacon VAT Staff 2008-2012

#11 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:37 PM

I'm getting my stuff out of the house he's selling & making him help paint my house once I close next Friday. I'm showing him what the $5k wedding gift he gave me is going towards... even if he has already seen the house.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#12 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:46 PM

View PostFaithful Jello, on 18 June 2010 - 10:34 PM, said:

my daddy loves his homemade gifts too!!

This year i didnt really get him anything. However I am taking him to the Mayhem Festival at the end of July so im kind of counting that as his fathers day gift.

I wanted to get him a Toews jersey but some jerkoff (dave) at work took it off hold and put it back on the sales floor. It sold by the time I came into work for my shift that day.

i know where you can get an unlicensed one before sunday, but its not licensed so its not as good as the real ones.
i remember when someone jacked my jeans and sold them to someone else after i had them in my hold bag fully paid for and all too!! worst part the jeas were no longer in production and they only had a size bigger or 3 sizes smaller... i tried the size bigger and it didnt work so i was not only pissed off but i was also back to not owning skinny jeans and well there was a jean jacker at the place too!

#13 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:09 AM

I get my dad a book and take him out to dinner--he's good to go.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Easy to please"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#14 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:25 AM

My Stepdad will get a card. I'd get him a gift if I weren't jobless and poor. I usually buy him a computer game or a gift card.
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#15 User is offline   Jello 

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3087

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:12 AM

View PostZomgBlue, on 18 June 2010 - 11:46 PM, said:

i know where you can get an unlicensed one before sunday, but its not licensed so its not as good as the real ones.
i remember when someone jacked my jeans and sold them to someone else after i had them in my hold bag fully paid for and all too!! worst part the jeas were no longer in production and they only had a size bigger or 3 sizes smaller... i tried the size bigger and it didnt work so i was not only pissed off but i was also back to not owning skinny jeans and well there was a jean jacker at the place too!

Yeah its not the same. Hes gotta have a real one :-D lol

That sucks about your jeans. Id be absolutely furious if someone did that to me, especially after I paid for them. I was already pissed off as it was about the jersey and i hadnt even paid for that yet

ACen Registration Staff 2006-2009, 2012-2013
Assistant Department Head of Registration 2010 - 2011
Youmacon VAT Staff 2008-2012

#16 User is offline   ImNewHere 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 18485

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:26 AM

I gave my dad money. I figure he can get himself something he likes and it will be exactly what he wants.
For ACen 2012 pics go to http://www.scottyspot.com/acen2012.htm. If you want a full size pic PM me with an email address and tell me which one you would like.

I'm the Emperor of the Left Half of the Universe. I also have cool non-con pics here ---> http://voice0freason...t.com/gallery/?

I need a girlfriend.... No, really.

#17 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:35 AM

My dad's impossible to buy for. But he did wear the shirts my brother and I bought him last year a few months after we gave them to him, so meh.

This year, I decided to get him a Menards gift card, something I KNOW he'll use. It's lame, but it's better than nothing.
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#18 User is offline   Jguy 

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Elite
  • Member No.: 18261

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:31 AM

My dad is like me, you don't have to get anything. we're going to make some steaks out on the grill for him, get him a card and my "step grandma" thinks that she needs to get him a gift, so she got him something that checks the propane left on the tanks. I don't think he has one, but everything else he does.
Go ahead and stop by my website: My Site

jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cookie
apt-get: cookie not found
jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cake
apt-get: cake not found[/font][/center]

#19 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:52 AM

I bought my dad and my dad in law their gifts a few months ago when these babies went on sale:

http://s.sears.com/i...ars/00633029000

It may be tacky lolpun but I think its cute and that they will be used! XD No stupid ties or pens from me. :D

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#20 User is offline   Morbid Intentions 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17022

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:54 AM

I gave my dad a twenty dollar bill in order to back up what I've been telling him since I moved out on my own... that all he cares about is money

:-)

#21 User is offline   wolfedragon 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 21692

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:29 PM

Wow, I feel like a loser now. All we do in my family for Father's Day (or Mother's Day) is give cards. I always try to find a funny card of course but the only reason I gave my Dad something for Father's Day when I was younger was because we would make it during school. Since we got too old to make Father's Day gifts, all I do is give him a card.
Questions about Registration? Email us at registration@ACen.org

Attendee 2008-2009
Registration Staff 2010
Assistant Department Head of Registration 2011-2014
Department Head of Registration 2015

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

#22 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:40 PM

To be fair, my dad is always pleasantly surprised whenever my sister and I give him gifts for Father's Day. He doesn't expect us to give him anything beyond a visit/phone call and a card. (Same with Mother's Day - which is fun every year, since Mom knows I go to Acen, and is always thrilled when I give her a call to say Happy Mom's Day.)

Which actually makes it easier for us, because that way we don't have to worry about what to buy. He is a man of selective taste. I just lucked out on that golf utility tool, *lol*

This post has been edited by Saphrinka: 19 June 2010 - 04:41 PM

ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#23 User is offline   MisakiMise 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 32365

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:41 PM

I got my father Smokey Mountain Taffy (which is the best taffy you will ever have) and District 9 on Blueray.
My family makes these fancy things on amazon.com called a wishlist. 8D
So you always know what the other wants.

He has also kept all of those things my sister and I made when we were kids. No matter what we give him, he'll like it. That's why I love my dad. (And he's the one who takes me to ACen! So he's extremely awesome.)
ACen 2014 ideas
?????

deviantART|Flickr

#24 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:29 PM

today i found a list of crap my dad wants done to his computer, pretty much a reformat, hung up on my. there was a last question at the bottom that said "anything i forgot?" i put in big bold A BRAIN then put it on his dresser. as he should know im not going to bother touching his infested with bloat and crapware laptop... he needs to hire someone for that. at least now i know what he wants.. im making him a worlds lamest dad shirt.

#25 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8930

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:08 PM

Oh God I honestly really hate these types of holidays. Father's Day and Mother's Day should be small holidays mostly for families to slow down and actually spend time together for a change, not yet another huge consumerism celebration (Don't get me wrong; some people want to go all out and that's cool, but I don't like how people often feel pressured to). Mom got a porch swing for dad this year (which actually kind of irritated me that she felt like she *had* to do it this year because we're trying to save up for a vacation to Florida for the three of us and we've literally never been on a family vacation, but it seems like she's trying to do whatever she can to sabotage it. I'm just being silly, but this is really important to me and if I get screwed out of it I will be livid -- what would one more year have hurt?), but usually it doesn't go beyond cards and maybe dinner and/or a small (~$20) gift for either holiday. Christmas and their birthdays is enough for going all out.

This article is a bit ridiculous IMO, specifically in complaining about home made gifts. Some of us just don't have the cash to go buy our dads some fancy electronic device or whatever it seems to think we should do.
South Korea likes breasts.
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.
If South Korea and Ukraine were to hook up...
Then South Korea would never have a shortage of breasts ever again.

#26 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:58 PM

View PostOhki, on 19 June 2010 - 08:08 PM, said:

This article is a bit ridiculous IMO, specifically in complaining about home made gifts. Some of us just don't have the cash to go buy our dads some fancy electronic device or whatever it seems to think we should do.

my daddy could get an upgrade on his cellphone which would be free but then theres all those hidden fees. and i would do that for him but, no job no money... and i dont think he wants an upgrade as hes had the same phone for 5 years now.

im working on my master piece shirt for him right now, well after this movie is over and i find my markers.

#27 User is offline   MetalGravy 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 1562

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:29 PM

I just bought my dad a card. My mom says not to get him a gift because he's too hard to shop for, so I guess that means I have permission. :unsure:
I am a vampire! I am a zombie! I AM A VAMBIE!!! I CANNOT BE STOPPED!

-Deadite Morbius, Marvel Zombies 3.4.

Pirates>ninja's Faile and her Vagrants are nothing!!!!! YARRRRR!

#28 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:33 AM

I wanted to get a card for my boyfriend's dad, but a card for a boyfriend/girlfriend's dad doesn't exist and it would be awkward if I got him a father-in-law card.

This is the reason why my boyfriend didn't get a card for my mom or dad. lol

My mom bought my dad clothes because he doesn't really have any fashion sense. lol

This post has been edited by Lina: 21 June 2010 - 08:33 AM

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#29 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:50 AM

My dad got nothing. Unless you count the fact I dredged myself out of my room to go hang out with him an my brothers a gift.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#30 User is offline   MOMO2 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 49830

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:42 AM

I got my dad a fishing poll. He is easy to shop for. And no, not one of those kind you get kids for there first polls either. It cost about $50.
The only thing to fear is yourself.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users