• This topic is locked

Those with AT&T.. how do you like your service

#1 User is offline   Seph 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 11372

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:33 PM

Hey guys... Long time T mobile user here...
Really considering switching over to AT&T for the new Iphone..

for those with AT&T.. how do you like your service..
and how much of a power user are you....

I use my mobile in this priority order

Email reading - text - photos - music - phone calls.

#2 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:29 PM

I had AT&T and switched over to US Cellular and I like them a lot better than AT&T. All I use my phone for is txting and calls and I dont call that much so the basic plan is good for me with unlimited txting. AT&T charged way to much for a basic plan like this so I switched. But I know people with Iphones that adore them. If I had the money I would too lol
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#3 User is offline   xMelloCat 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 43597

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:49 PM

I consider you stick with T-Mobile.
My brother who has AT&T got a text message from them, automatically giving him a DataPlan because they found out he had an iPhone. (Before, he just took the SIM card out of his old phone when he got it.)
They are now charging him $30. They said they couldn't get rid of the dataplan because it is locked in the system. We are planning to move to T-Mobile.

#4 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:00 PM

I use AT&T, though not so much for an iPhone. As it affects me, whenever I go visit my family out in the boonies in the southern part of the state, I always lose coverage. Those Cingular (I think they were Cingular) ads were quite accurate as it relates to coverage. Sure, AT&T covers a high percentage of the country's users, but if you're leaving highly populated areas out into the great unknown, the odds are fairly high that you'll be out of the service area. (It's easy to say you cover 97% of the country when you focus on highly populated urban areas even if that's all you cover...)

Another thing to consider is that while now you have your priority of cell usage, that may change with an iPhone. (Not sure if you currently have a smartphone.) With an iPhone, I think the temptation is to use it more like a handheld laptop and add more web browsing and such to your phone activities. This brings me to that recent announcement of the capped data plans. If you think you may be watching a lot of streaming video (especially HD), those caps may hurt you. Though I think the iPhone is restricted from going to YouTube except through the app (no Flash will do that), and they compress the videos from what I've heard.

My co-worker definitely comes off as a power user to me, constantly on it to play and download music, text, check his e-mail, shop on Amazon, download apps, etc, and I think he said he's used less than 5GB since he got the phone about a year ago. That guy swears by his iPhone, and he used to be a hardcore Blackberry fan. The guy even went so far as to drop a $500 security deposit to sign up (he had no credit at the time), and even though it's been less than a year, he's going to go out and get the new iPhone when it comes out.
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#5 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:05 PM

DONT DO IT! As a AT&T subscriber, I hate it! Dropped calls are teh fail. Im switching to either Verizon or Sprint. Im debating on getting the EVO 4G or the HTC incredible.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#6 User is offline   CrimsonSky 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 11894

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

From what I've heard anyone but AT&T and T-mobile.

#7 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:10 PM

Go with Verizon! :3
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#8 User is offline   Jguy 

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Elite
  • Member No.: 18261

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:45 AM

Simple answer to your post, Seph, Don't.

AT&T is not letting me out of their contract no matter the fact that I've complained about the dropped calls and the fact that where I work I get no service. I've even gotten a dropped call while I was complaining to them! It's so bad now that I want to pay the ~$135 Early termination fee to get out and switch to Verizon. Mmm Droid <3

This post has been edited by Jguy: 15 June 2010 - 05:45 AM

Go ahead and stop by my website: My Site

jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cookie
apt-get: cookie not found
jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cake
apt-get: cake not found[/font][/center]

#9 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:09 AM

I had AT&T in the past. The reasons why I hate them...

Horrible customer service
Terrible coverage with frequently dropped calls and data service
Tiny 3G footprint
Expensive
Using the iPhone as a carrot to dangle over their customers.
Now a new ridiculous data cap on their data service.

I currently have T-Mobile and I'm much happier with the service. My biggest complaint with T-Mobile is 3G coverage, but they are one of the only providers to be upgrading their towers to HPSA+. This means amazing 3G service where it's available. I often see 3Mbps download on my phone.

I mainly use my phone for E-Mail and text. I have a 1000 minute package I also blow through every month. I've been very happy with T-Mobile.

I guess it's more of a question of do you really want the iPhone? Some people seem to think it's worth dealing with AT&T to have one. Everyone I know that has an iPhone loves their phones except their ability to make phone calls on it. They drop calls constantly. (Should be called the iMiniComputer and not the iPhone in my opinion.)
~~

#10 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:11 AM

View Postexcel excel, on 14 June 2010 - 10:05 PM, said:

DONT DO IT! As a AT&T subscriber, I hate it! Dropped calls are teh fail. Im switching to either Verizon or Sprint. Im debating on getting the EVO 4G or the HTC incredible.

Go Verizon and Incredible if you can afford it. I love Verizon's service. I hate their prices though ><
~~

#11 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:14 AM

I have been with at&t since 2000 and have had only one dropped call. As far as customer service goes, they always apologize and do what they can for me. It must be because I live in Ohio.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#12 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17897

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:34 AM

i havent had any problems with dropped calls on my endm cause when calls are dropped i look at my bars and their full everywhere i go, so that means its always the person calling me who was on sprint. unfortunatly they are rather expensive, for three phones, one being an iphone, i pay $165
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1107...mp;id=586119408
My internship

Belongs in Damn Thread, if found please return to Kii
Spam Squad Member spam kill count:29 , Troll Hunter troll kill count: 1

#13 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:35 AM

View Postredx1, on 15 June 2010 - 07:11 AM, said:

Go Verizon and Incredible if you can afford it. I love Verizon's service. I hate their prices though ><

This.

I definitely would not stay with T-Mobile. Where they have service, they're great. Really, they are.
'
However, with T-Mobile I barely had service inside of most public buildings and the holes in the service are so numerous.....I recently switched to Verizon and I couldn't be happier with the service. I get reception everywhere and their phones are pretty neat.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#14 User is offline   Seph 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 11372

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:59 AM

ive had T mobile since they wher Voice Stream. I do not have any issues with Tmobile that isnt related to my phone...

No cell phone company is flawless

I try NOT to make phone calls. Most of my higher paying clients only text/email me anways

Most places I go have free wifi, so that would save on my bandwith..

I rarely "stream" ANYTHING... im not talking about my phone.. im talking about my home PC. if there is something i want to watch, i dont stream it ;)

The iphone is great for text messaging, and photo display.

I think Iphone is the only phone in america that has a video output

Iphone can do this

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7xuEp8H1n4[/media]

If AT&T is stable enough where I can receive and send text messages, and emails. then im pretty much good to go. The people who pay my bills only text and email me and RARELY call me....

the only phone calls I actually make are from friends and family.... which... if the calls are dropped, at&t would be doing me a favor..... lol

AT&T is a tad more than my tmobile plan.. BUT.. AT&T is nation wide where my tmobile plan is not...
AT&T has roll overs, which Tmobile does not....

So for my specific purpose... it looks like AT&T would fit my specific needs. people complain about dropped calls.. but not "un received or sent text messages and or emails"

This post has been edited by Seph: 15 June 2010 - 12:02 PM

#15 User is offline   HikariS 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 6839

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:03 PM

I've had AT&T for 5 years and I've never had a problem with the service.
My bill is less compared to my friends on other services and I always seem to have signal when they don't.

If there's been a problem they always fixed it quickly or gave me a credit for the trouble.
<3 So many cosplays so little time <3
ACen '14 Cosplays: AoT: Dead!Marco Bodt ~ Phoenix Wright: Athena Cykes ~ Free!: Rei Ryugazaki(Arabian Ending outfit)~ Amnesia: Heroine
Past Cosplay: Final Fantasy 13-2: Yeul ~ Alice Madness Returns: Alice "Late but Lucky" dress ~ Soul Calibur 4: Shura ~ Kuroshitsuji: Ciel Phantomhive ~ KH-BBS: Aqua ~ Phoenix Wright: Maya Fey ~ Kuroshitsuji: Ranmao ~ Durarara: Izaya Orihara Angel Sanctuary- Michael ~ FF8-Rinoa ~ FF7- Tifa ~ FFX-Summoner Yuna~ FF IX-Garnet ~ Gackt- Malice Mizer: Bel Air ~Soul Calibur III-Taki~ Malizer Mizer Gackt: Le-Ciel live

#16 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:54 PM

I just preordered an iphone 4, should I keep it or put it on ebay?
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.

#17 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:41 PM

Hmmm, I'd say wait a day and watch what the 4's are actually going for, if you can make a profit, sweet.
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#18 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:07 PM

View Postwrexness, on 15 June 2010 - 07:41 PM, said:

Hmmm, I'd say wait a day and watch what the 4's are actually going for, if you can make a profit, sweet.

$800 for a 16gb on ebay

#19 User is offline   Foolish Humon 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 31104

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:01 PM

I have AT&T and never had a problem with it.
"At the start Henry either dies or has sex, leaving not-Sarah to fall in love with or not in love with a shark, a squid, a pebble, a policeman or none or all of the above."
~*~ Behold my Manga, Cosplay, Artwork and Facebook ! ~*~
Look for me as time skip Sanji from One Piece at ACen 2012!

#20 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:32 AM

i have AT&T =D - it utterly sucks
ACen 15"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#21 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:19 AM

You can keep T-Mobile AND still get the iPhone... I don't want to put it in detail and get anyone in trouble, but if you go to certain websites, and get this one program and you then jail break the iPhone, then put your SIM Card in the iPhone instead of the AT&T one..... then use it, then you have the service. I've done and seen it before. It works and no one knows the wiser. T-Mobile thinks you have your other phone, but not really. Just buy the phone, like at the Apple Store or something, so you are not bombarded by phone salesman. ^_^
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#22 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:37 AM

View PostSeph, on 15 June 2010 - 11:59 AM, said:

So for my specific purpose... it looks like AT&T would fit my specific needs. people complain about dropped calls.. but not "un received or sent text messages and or emails"

*raises hand* I have missed text messages, calls and voicemails and I have had AT&T since 2005. This has just started to happen within the last two years. *grumble grumble*

#23 User is offline   MOMO2 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 49830

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:23 AM

I have at&t and I never got dropped calls. Even in areas of low population, like 10,000feet in the mountains. I like there service and one time they were rude to me I sent them a whole bunch of emails and called them non stop telling them I was going to switch because they breached contract. since then nothing.
The only thing to fear is yourself.

#24 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:16 PM

My family has had AT&T for a long time...actually, we were with Cingular when AT&T bought them out. (That raised my eyebrows when I looked at my phone to see "Cingular/AT&T" instead of just "Cingular" in the digital header. I had no idea this was taking place, as I was away in college at the time, until I asked my parents.) My folks don't seem to mind it too much. In point of fact, they seem to have more issues with their cable (Comcast) and internet (SBC Yahoo) than they typically do with their phones. That's not to say they haven't had issues, though. I once dropped in for a visit, right when Dad was calling for an overcharge on their latest statement that he had thought had been rectified the previous month. He got hung up on twice in a row, and got progressively more pigheaded until I became his anger-management/customer service coach. (My mantra: "You want to be a butthead with every rep you get, whether it's their fault you're upset or not, fine - just remember that they'll be telling lots of stories about you afterward, none of them good. And don't say I don't know what I'm talking about, I've BEEN those people on the other end!") He finally got a sweetheart of a girl who spent a good while trying to fix the issue with her own two hands, and kept him with her the whole time. (And he stayed nice to her under my watchful eye.) This was a few years ago. I don't know if my folks have had any hiccups since, but if they're still with AT&T, they apparently see no reason to shift right now. Especially since my mom also wants an iPhone, *lol*

That said, my hubby and I have Sprint. We get unlimited data/texting, which serves our purposes very nicely. (Jamie likes to use his Palm Pre apps and browser quite a bit, while I tend to do texting unless it's an important call.) Thus far, I can't say we've had any hiccups with our service, either.
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users