Anime Central Forums: New XBOX 360 revealed @ E3 2010! And many more goodies! - Anime Central Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

New XBOX 360 revealed @ E3 2010! And many more goodies! Anyone keeping up with the gaming convention?

#151 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:47 AM

Hey everyone,

Let's take the heat down a few notches. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Debates are welcome here; arguments are not.
~~

#152 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:56 AM

After further review of this thread:

Moderators have already given warnings about flaming in this thread. If this behavior continues, temp bans will be issued to those with offending posts. This is everyone's final warning in this topic.
~~

#153 User is offline   Ven 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 11070

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:04 AM

View PostDark Stranger, on 06 July 2010 - 09:16 PM, said:

Here's the problem with E3 in general, it puts on a spectacle and whoever gets the most excitement generally "wins" at E3. However the real winner is determined much later when the games have actually come out. Sony is starting to get ahead of the game with everything that it had going with it. True they never got much excitement during since it came out for various reasons, (price, lack of games, etc.) but now with price drops and a larger exclusive library it's starting to become the best system out of the three regardless of what happens at E3. Oh, and you can't call me a sony fanboy yet considering I don't even own my own PS3 yet just fyi.

+1000 on the bold.

The same reason why I said nintendo had the most "exciting E3". A lot of Sony's games were revealed or at least mentioned before E3 even started. GT5, Infamous 2, Killzone 3, MotorStorm Apocalypse. Other than the Move games, the only surprise I had was Twisted Metal and that was because David Jaffe lied and said he wouldn't be at E3 (just to fool people).

Nintendo kept their stuff under wraps but in the end, LIKE YOU SAID, the real winner is determined in the months after E3 and IMO (and many others), PS3 wins handily over upcoming exclusives finishing out 2010 and going into 2011. 2010 has already been a blast with PS3 exclusives whereas other consoles can name 1 or 2 killer AAA games they've had thus far.

This post has been edited by Ven: 09 July 2010 - 11:05 AM

#154 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 45691

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:37 PM

View PostVen, on 09 July 2010 - 11:04 AM, said:

+1000 on the bold.

The same reason why I said nintendo had the most "exciting E3". A lot of Sony's games were revealed or at least mentioned before E3 even started. GT5, Infamous 2, Killzone 3, MotorStorm Apocalypse. Other than the Move games, the only surprise I had was Twisted Metal and that was because David Jaffe lied and said he wouldn't be at E3 (just to fool people).

Nintendo kept their stuff under wraps but in the end, LIKE YOU SAID, the real winner is determined in the months after E3 and IMO (and many others), PS3 wins handily over upcoming exclusives finishing out 2010 and going into 2011. 2010 has already been a blast with PS3 exclusives whereas other consoles can name 1 or 2 killer AAA games they've had thus far.

http://img121.images.../5826/sdflj.jpg

This post has been edited by Sir Viver: 09 July 2010 - 01:46 PM

Soul of the mind, key to life's ether...
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel...
Let strength be granted so the world might be mended...
So the world might be mended...

#155 User is offline   Ven 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 10 July 2010 - 01:29 AM

Nah. My defense force doesn't rely on a picture. It relies on actual games like the 2010 exclusive releases thus far such as

• Heavy Rain
  • God of War 3
  • MAG
  • 3D Dot Game Hereos
  • Modnation Racers
  • MLB 10 The Show

And we still have ~6 months to go for other games.

#156 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:24 AM

View PostVen, on 10 July 2010 - 01:29 AM, said:

3D Dot Game Hereos
Congratulations, you named off one game that appeals to me, though as far as From Software stuff goes, it didn't entrap me nearly as much as Demon's Souls. (in fact I'm still playing Demon's Souls frequently on a friend's PS3, and have mostly forgotten about 3D Dot Game Heroes already.) Meanwhile, so far this year, the Wii got Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, Monster Hunter Tri, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and Red Steel 2, with Metroid: Other M on the way. They may not appeal to you, but only one of the games you listed appeals to me. DEMOGRAPHICS, look it up. Not everyone likes MAG, not everyone likes Heavy Rain, etc, etc.

If Metal Gear Solid: Rising was a PS3 exclusive, or if Zone of the Enders 3 and Demon's Souls 2 were announced as upcoming PS3 exclusives, I would feel mildly tempted to buy the console. Too bad Rising is multiplatform, Kojima cares less about ZOE than he does about Snatcher at this point, and Demon's Souls 2 will never happen because From Software said they aren't interested.

Your defense force may not rely on a picture, but it can certainly be summed up by one.

I realize my games of choice are not everyone's, but you should realize the same goes for yours. The way you list them off without disclaiming that they may not be for everyone who isn't a fan of the genre, it's almost as though you see them as must-haves in anyone's collection regardless of demographics.

While most of the PS3's lineup may not appeal to me, I respect at least some of them as great games, like Uncharted, Valkyria Chronicles, or MGS4. They're just not my kind of game. At least try to see why some people would choose another console over the PS3 because its software lineup offers something the PS3's does not. Despite the jesting statement "PS3 has NO GAEMS," I realize it has some well-made titles that just aren't for everyone. The same can be said of the Wii, and the 360.

There is no "upper echelon" console, and anyone who can't realize this needs to get it through their thick skull. In the end, you will never be able to name a game that appeals to everyone.

This post has been edited by Sir Viver: 10 July 2010 - 04:11 AM

#157 User is offline   Ven 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:49 AM

"Red Steel 2, with Metroid: Other M on the way"

On the way? Oh, I didn't know released thus far was also including games that are "On The Way"? I'll chalk it up to padding.

#158 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

View PostVen, on 10 July 2010 - 11:49 AM, said:

"Red Steel 2, with Metroid: Other M on the way"

On the way? Oh, I didn't know released thus far was also including games that are "On The Way"? I'll chalk it up to padding.

I already stated that it's one game that I'm looking forward to, versus zero PS3 exclusives I'm anticipating. Way to miss the context of that part of my post, and likely the overall message conveyed by the rest of it. Even if the games you listed were hypothetically available on the Wii, I wouldn't be playing them since they don't appeal to me anyway. I've stated multiple times that my games of choice may not appeal to everyone. You haven't admitted this yet for games like Heavy Rain, MAG, God of War 3, etc... Nor have you admitted that there is no objectively superior console.

This post has been edited by Sir Viver: 10 July 2010 - 01:28 PM

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users