Anime Central Forums: New XBOX 360 revealed @ E3 2010! And many more goodies! - Anime Central Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

New XBOX 360 revealed @ E3 2010! And many more goodies! Anyone keeping up with the gaming convention?

#1 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:04 PM

So Microsoft revealed its new XBOX 360 and its new motion sensor Kinect formerly called Project Natal. Its like the nintendo Wii but the difference is you are not using a Wii Mote to make movements you're just using your body (example driving a car without the wii wheel. Here's what it looks like with 15 new times coming out on November 4.

http://kotaku.com/55...kyline=true&s=i

They also showed off a smaller, sleeker version of the XBOX 360 Elite. This will be out by the end of this week for $299 It also has built in wi-fi.

http://kotaku.com/55...today-costs-299

Here are the specs on this thing BTW if you can read it
http://kotaku.com/55...-xbox-360-specs

I look forward to Sony! So what are your thought on this.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#2 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:25 PM

Oooo I saw this when I logged on to live today! It sounds great! I wonder what the trade in value is going to be to get this (The new "Elite")It looks so nice and sleek.
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#3 User is offline   Scott 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 9607

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:12 PM

Probably the best feature of the redesign is that it says "whisper quiet"... the current 360 is loud (especially with the disk spinning).

#4 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & Art and Publications Manager
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:12 PM

and now phil begins the drooling over a new gaming toy.....thanks :pirate2:

Art and Publications Manager
Convention Officer:Secretary 2008-2014
M.A.P.S. Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#5 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:34 PM

To quote a friend of mine:

"And I can't wait for the 90% fail rate. Honestly, they want me to think that I should buy this new system when they can't settle their own sh*t. If the current 360 is so big and having a problem with wires melting, then what do you think will happen when you put all that junk in a smaller box? As for Wi-Fi? WELCOME TO 2006, YOU CHEAP B*******!"

I think this will be full of fail.

So they recycled Natal since they couldn't think of anything else? They announced that at E3 last year.

I don't see what's so awesome about the new 360.

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#6 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:09 PM

I didn't see what was so awesome about the iPhone's Skype-like feature at WDDC either, Lina, but fans will generally get excited about stuff whether it's new or not.

Anyway, I've stopped listening to the propaganda from conferences like these. There's no point. All that will come out is hype that the companies want you to hear. How about instead of telling me what's going to happen, you show me? And I don't mean with carefully crafted ads, I mean with actual product releases. It's easy to say that your next development is going to revolutionize gaming, but few actually do it.

I take the Yahtzee approach of going in with low expectations to eliminate disappointment. To paraphrase, "If you have low expectations about a game, it will be harder to be disappointed by it. If it ends up genuinely good, then you can be pleasantly surprised. Why would you let yourself get built up by what are essentially pitch men who are out to get your money regardless of the quality of their product?"
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#7 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 45691

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:48 PM

View PostLina, on 14 June 2010 - 06:34 PM, said:

To quote a friend of mine:

"And I can't wait for the 90% fail rate. Honestly, they want me to think that I should buy this new system when they can't settle their own sh*t. If the current 360 is so big and having a problem with wires melting, then what do you think will happen when you put all that junk in a smaller box? As for Wi-Fi? WELCOME TO 2006, YOU CHEAP B*******!"

I think this will be full of fail.

So they recycled Natal since they couldn't think of anything else? They announced that at E3 last year.

I don't see what's so awesome about the new 360.

Maybe it's wired completely different inside, and doesn't have the xclamp overheating issue of the current 360? Might as well wait and see what the feedback is like. I've learned that only a fool buys a console at launch. Sadly, for the rest of us to know about a product's faults and virtues, those fools are part of the consumer ecosystem. Without them, we'd be completely at the mercy of paid-off reviews, rather than genuine word-of-mouth testimonials.

Like the people who bought Daikatana on release day. Those poor souls...

Going to wait until it's been out for a good month or two before making any kind of judgment. If they've solved the overheating problem, GO MICROSOFT. If they haven't, OH WELL, MICROSOFT SCREWED UP AGAIN. NOT LIKE THIS HAS EVER HAPPENED BEFORE. If anything, I'm cautiously optimistic, as they didn't address the RROD epidemic AT ALL when unveiling this new model.

This post has been edited by Sir Viver: 14 June 2010 - 07:59 PM

Soul of the mind, key to life's ether...
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel...
Let strength be granted so the world might be mended...
So the world might be mended...

#8 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:06 PM

Just got back from work, so I gotta catch up on all the E3 news.

But I'm completely with Sir Viver on this.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#9 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:24 PM

I am still confused as to why it took them 5 years to possibly have the 360 fixed and MAYBE rid of errors when they are coming out with something so advanced like Natal?
ACen '14 Cosplay

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#10 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:29 PM

View PostLina, on 14 June 2010 - 08:24 PM, said:

I am still confused as to why it took them 5 years to possibly have the 360 fixed and MAYBE rid of errors when they are coming out with something so advanced like Natal?

Well many anti-microsoft or just general conspirators will say that it's just a ploy to make more money. lol Out of Warranty xboxs means a whole new system.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#11 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:34 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 14 June 2010 - 08:29 PM, said:

Well many anti-microsoft or just general conspirators will say that it's just a ploy to make more money. lol Out of Warranty xboxs means a whole new system.

While I'm semi-anti-Microsoft (I don't plan to own a Microsoft system, but I'm not militant about it), that's a stretch. They have at least made some steps to remedy that, mainly by extending warranties as needed. That doesn't mean they're not using ploys to get your money elsewhere though. (Those proprietary HDDs immediately jump to mind.)

#12 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:37 PM

View Postwrexness, on 14 June 2010 - 08:34 PM, said:

While I'm semi-anti-Microsoft (I don't plan to own a Microsoft system, but I'm not militant about it), that's a stretch. They have at least made some steps to remedy that, mainly by extending warranties as needed. That doesn't mean they're not using ploys to get your money elsewhere though. (Those proprietary HDDs immediately jump to mind.)

Oh, I was joking. That is kinda far, however, I won't put it past anyone. Why I won't, I feel it's so weird that I know 2 people who fixed their own red ringing 360s with only like 25 bucks worth of material, and it's fixed without ever red ringing again, yet the pros at Microsoft can't find the working formula?

I like my 360, it just my beef is the whole RROD.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#13 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:42 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 14 June 2010 - 08:37 PM, said:

Oh, I was joking. That is kinda far, however, I won't put it past anyone. Why I won't, I feel it's so weird that I know 2 people who fixed their own red ringing 360s with only like 25 bucks worth of material, and it's fixed without ever red ringing again, yet the pros at Microsoft can't find the working formula?

I like my 360, it just my beef is the whole RROD.

You can never use logic with conspiracy theorists, ever. Though you do indeed have to wonder why they can't figure it out. :/

#14 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:48 PM

View PostLina, on 14 June 2010 - 08:24 PM, said:

Completely different branches of R&D, perhaps?

#15 User is offline   CrimsonSky 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 11894

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:26 PM

Saw it, but the 360 overall had a bad E3 in my opinion nothing that great. All kinda meh...especially Natal. I mean Kinect. Whatever their calling it now.

#16 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:27 PM

View PostCrimsonSky, on 14 June 2010 - 09:26 PM, said:

Saw it, but the 360 overall had a bad E3 in my opinion nothing that great. All kinda meh...especially Natal. I mean Kinect. Whatever their calling it now.

Children of Eden looks amazing, though. A true spiritual sequel to Rez, and proof that Kinect can be used for the power of good.

This post has been edited by Sir Viver: 14 June 2010 - 09:29 PM

#17 User is offline   CrimsonSky 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:35 PM

I'll give you that. I loved Rez so that does look good. The problem I have mainly with the Kinect is the way Microsoft is marketing it as basically the HD Wii. I guess I just wish they'd show more of what the technology could do since there's potential but still kinda meh about it besides Children of Eden.

#18 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:39 PM

The games that go along with Natal just look boring and are plain ol' bland. Natal isn't something special. I mean, it's been done before.
ACen '14 Cosplay

#19 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:39 PM

View PostSir Viver, on 14 June 2010 - 07:48 PM, said:

Maybe it's wired completely different inside, and doesn't have the xclamp overheating issue of the current 360? Might as well wait and see what the feedback is like. I've learned that only a fool buys a console at launch. Sadly, for the rest of us to know about a product's faults and virtues, those fools are part of the consumer ecosystem. Without them, we'd be completely at the mercy of paid-off reviews, rather than genuine word-of-mouth testimonials.

Like the people who bought Daikatana on release day. Those poor souls...

Going to wait until it's been out for a good month or two before making any kind of judgment. If they've solved the overheating problem, GO MICROSOFT. If they haven't, OH WELL, MICROSOFT SCREWED UP AGAIN. NOT LIKE THIS HAS EVER HAPPENED BEFORE. If anything, I'm cautiously optimistic, as they didn't address the RROD epidemic AT ALL when unveiling this new model.

Agreed. I"m not super stoked. But I think it's pretty cool. Will I buy it? No. cuz I already have a 360.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#20 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:41 PM

I'm interested as to how they're going to register the lightsaber's position for that Star Wars game. Like can it REALLY tell which way your hand is facing?

It's this sort of thing that actually makes me remotely interested in the PS Move, since it seems more suited for something involving sword (or lightsaber) combat. Optional Move integration with Metal Gear Rising could be pretty cool, too, if they choose to go that route. PS Move and Natal do have noticeably more potential than the Wii (even with things like MotionPlus taken into account) but I'm worried they won't do anything with it. Remember the Eye Toy? Yeah, that was a really fun 15 minutes.

View PostDark Stranger, on 14 June 2010 - 09:39 PM, said:

Agreed. I"m not super stoked. But I think it's pretty cool. Will I buy it? No. cuz I already have a 360.

Didn't they say something during the conference about getting a Slim Elite back if you mailed in your current Elite? Or something like that. Maybe it only applied if yours RROD'd and the one you get in return would be a Slim? I know they said something along those lines, shortly after stating that it would cost the same $299 as the current Elite.

View PostLina, on 14 June 2010 - 09:39 PM, said:

The games that go along with Natal just look boring and are plain ol' bland. Natal isn't something special. I mean, it's been done before.
I will give you that, on every Natal/Kinect game they unveiled, except Children of Eden. It's by Q? Entertainment, for god's sake.

This post has been edited by Sir Viver: 14 June 2010 - 09:49 PM

#21 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:00 PM

Ill see what Sony and Nintendo have to offer. I saw E3 when I came home from work today. I only saw the Ubi Soft demo. Rayman Orgins looked very nice and of course Assassins Creed Brotherhood. But why a Michael Jackson game. What was the point of showing some dancers perform to Beat It and not show a demo? Their game conference was so so. Im also P'O'd that there is STILL no demo for Beyond Good And Evil 2.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#22 User is offline   CrimsonSky 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:06 PM

Ya, I'm hoping that Sony and Nintendo have an exciting announcement or something. But I have a feeling that it's going to be demo's of stuff we already know about. :(

#23 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

Still the best Michael Jackson game of all time, ALL TIME.

#24 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

There's already a MJ game. >> [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_sSjMr3AME[/media]

Why do they need to make another one?

The games on Natal will be entertaining for like 5 minutes. That's it.

Sir Viver beat me to it. >>

The one thing I'm waiting for by Nintendo is the new Zelda game. That's all I'm looking forward to.

This post has been edited by Lina: 14 June 2010 - 10:08 PM

ACen '14 Cosplay

#25 User is offline   CrimsonSky 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:11 PM

Who knows why. But ya more info on the new Zelda game would make me very happy.

#26 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:11 PM

View PostLina, on 14 June 2010 - 10:07 PM, said:

The games on Natal will be entertaining for like 5 minutes. That's it.
...Except Children of Eden.

Sir Viver beat me to it. >>
MoonwalkerMind.

#27 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:12 PM

The one thing I'm waiting for by Nintendo is the new Zelda game.

That too. I'm just itching with anticipation to see what it will look like! I also cant wait to see KH3! I also want to see what the new DS will do as far as graphics go. Gonna be interesting.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#28 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:16 PM

View PostSir Viver, on 14 June 2010 - 10:11 PM, said:

...Except Children of Eden.

MoonwalkerMind.

I never saw the trailer or anything for it so I don't have an opinion on that yet. lol
ACen '14 Cosplay

#29 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:22 PM

View PostLina, on 14 June 2010 - 10:16 PM, said:

I never saw the trailer or anything for it so I don't have an opinion on that yet. lol

Can't find footage of Ubisoft's conference a few hours ago, but here's the trailer.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot0NsVL9pWY[/media]

#30 User is offline   Mr. Turnabout 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 19057

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:45 PM

THEY'RE PHONIES!!! (Oh, it's also NSFW, not the article but the site. It's a lot H and stuff. Just random stuff any otaku would be interested in.)

Wow. Well, then again I was shocked, but not too surprised.
Name is Jadwin. No. It's not fake. Seriously.
My Man. If only I was /THIS/ good.
I'd call myself a Cos-player, but that means I've really cos-played, and well... that hasn't happened yet.

Well, I'd like to Cos-play at some point.

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users