Anime Central Forums: Axis Powers Hetalia - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Axis Powers Hetalia The place where Countries-err...fans of the world unite!!

#31 User is offline   levelsixtyseven 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59727

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:20 PM

this show just suddenly got popular under my nose. I swear! I knew it existed but only started popping everywhere just recently
Private Photo Shoots for 2011 ACen! CLICK HERE to sign up!

s t a l k m e
website / facebook / cosplay.com / deviantArt / twitter / youtube

#32 User is offline   Skogkatt 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59762

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:54 PM

View Postlevelsixtyseven, on 05 April 2011 - 11:20 PM, said:

this show just suddenly got popular under my nose. I swear! I knew it existed but only started popping everywhere just recently

Haha, that's probably my fault. I'm riling everyone's inner Hetalia fan up with my insane and overly showy obsessiveness. :lol:
ACen 2011: Norway[Hetalia], casual!Prussia[Hetalia], child!Third Doctor[Doctor Who]

vFuture ideas
gijinka!K-9[Doctor Who]60%, gijinka!Intelligence Core[Portal]40%, normal!Jade[Homestuck]50%, Duelist Kingdom!Bakura[YuGiOh]5%, student!Evangeline[Negima!?]50%, Lieutenant!Aizen[Bleach]30%

I'm open for costume-designing commissions!

#33 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:16 PM

View Postlevelsixtyseven, on 05 April 2011 - 11:20 PM, said:

I didn't know til I got on 4chan. Then it got worse when it came to USA finally.

I thought it wouldn't be dubbed EVER but I guess things have changed since the old days with Ghost in the shell manga.

Plus I like the hints of BL and normal romance and yuri and....just about everything.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#34 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:36 AM

I can honestly say Hetalia is the first show (or first show that's coming to mind) that I could not see all of these pairings. Of course, that could be due to the fact that I was "·_·; wut." for the first couple of episodes. A lot of people have said that the best part of Hetalia is in the fan stuff, but all of my favorite characters are minor characters and get no love. ;3; I love this show though and all its cracky goodness. :3
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#35 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:36 AM

I just recently watched this... I quite enjoyed it.
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#36 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59638

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:04 AM

View PostTrini, on 09 April 2011 - 03:36 AM, said:

but all of my favorite characters are minor characters and get no love. ;3; I love this show though and all its cracky goodness. :3

Well you're all the love they need~! <3 ^^
Show is totally awesome and people will be hurled scones if said otherwise. Period. O:3
**The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them**ACen 2013 (Hopefully...Graduation is in the way..) England: %100 completed, Halloween2010!England %0, 2P!England %1, Chibirisu %0, Jeanne de Arc %0, Yukio %0, Ciel Phantomhive %0
Main dA boi, dA Advice Account, Youchube Account
Babe, you mean more to me than you can ever know.

#37 User is offline   Skogkatt 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:58 PM

Everyone gets love. Even those who don't deserve it. >_> *glares at France, who is currently surrounded by fangirls* Yes, minors need more air-time! *has a love for all the Scandinavians* There's so many characters and we don't even know what they're like...I wanna meet Australia and people!!!
ACen 2011: Norway[Hetalia], casual!Prussia[Hetalia], child!Third Doctor[Doctor Who]

vFuture ideas
gijinka!K-9[Doctor Who]60%, gijinka!Intelligence Core[Portal]40%, normal!Jade[Homestuck]50%, Duelist Kingdom!Bakura[YuGiOh]5%, student!Evangeline[Negima!?]50%, Lieutenant!Aizen[Bleach]30%

#38 User is offline   Shintarou Inuzuka 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 27945

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:19 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on 18 June 2010 - 06:02 AM, said:

On a side note, why do I feel like I'm going to be the only male in this thread?

Not anymore !!

My two favourites I'd have to say are Poland and England -- I tend to like the oddball sort of characters, and Poland definitely fits that (not to mention he's dead sexy in a miniskirt!), and I see a lot of myself in England -- formerly on top of the world and then watching it all crumble; also a potty-mouthed, heavy drinking "gentleman" who can see mythical creatures.

Also, Flying Mint Bunny. Who could not love Flying Mint Bunny?

But, I like all of them.

This post has been edited by Shintarou Inuzuka: 03 May 2011 - 03:20 PM

The Official Cosplay of BARON SHINTAROU INUZUKA OF SEALAND! (STILL PATENT PENDING)
2014: Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4), Japan (New CD version) (Hetalia), Bossun (Sket Dance), EGL, Haruka Nanase (Free!)

Member of the Bishie Brigade! [Insert slogan here.] Also the game.
WARNING: This user has the Inuyasha Falling Down Problem. Feel free not to yell a certain dog command at him if you see him.
WARNING: Twitch may be controlling this attendee's movement.

#39 User is offline   Skogkatt 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:37 PM

OMG, guy Hetalia fans! There's something you don't see every day! Because Hetalia fans are largely cosplayers and cosplayers are largely girls, it's not as common.(Now, if you don't mind, I'll back away as Fujoshi fangirls over you. XD) I'm a girl, but a fanboy...it makes no sense but I like it that way. Oh, and I think saw your post from last year on being a guy who cosplayed as schoolgirl!Poland? Yeah, I think I like you already. XD
I SERIOUSLY BLOODY LOVE POLAND!!! :DDD People don't like him because he's girly, but I don't care, 'cause he's made of epic. Aw, Igi isn't a drunk, don't call him that. He got drunk once and it was a rarity. People found it so hilarious that they started making rumours about him. Me? I skip that part every time I watch that episode. :3 I'm a total magic nerd like he is which is why he's one of my favourites. YES, FLYING MINT BUNNY IS WIN! He is cute und cuddly und magical. No way you can't love him.

vFuture ideas

#40 User is offline   Shintarou Inuzuka 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:54 PM

View PostSkogkatt, on 03 May 2011 - 03:37 PM, said:

OMG, guy Hetalia fans! There's something you don't see every day! Because Hetalia fans are largely cosplayers and cosplayers are largely girls, it's not as common.(Now, if you don't mind, I'll back away as Fujoshi fangirls over you. XD) I'm a girl, but a fanboy...it makes no sense but I like it that way. Oh, and I think saw your post from last year on being a guy who cosplayed as schoolgirl!Poland? Yeah, I think I like you already. XD
I SERIOUSLY BLOODY LOVE POLAND!!! :DDD People don't like him because he's girly, but I don't care, 'cause he's made of epic. Aw, Igi isn't a drunk, don't call him that. He got drunk once and it was a rarity. People found it so hilarious that they started making rumours about him. Me? I skip that part every time I watch that episode. :3 I'm a total magic nerd like he is which is why he's one of my favourites. YES, FLYING MINT BUNNY IS WIN! He is cute und cuddly und magical. No way you can't love him.

That was me ^_^ I don't see why they wouldn't like him because of that -- he's awesome and totally fabulous! Actually, it's happened quite a few times in the manga, but even so, he's a cool character who has lots of awesome magical friends, and more often than not, he appears sober.
The Official Cosplay of BARON SHINTAROU INUZUKA OF SEALAND! (STILL PATENT PENDING)
2014: Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4), Japan (New CD version) (Hetalia), Bossun (Sket Dance), EGL, Haruka Nanase (Free!)

WARNING: This user has the Inuyasha Falling Down Problem. Feel free not to yell a certain dog command at him if you see him.

#41 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:05 PM

View PostShintarou Inuzuka, on 03 May 2011 - 03:19 PM, said:

Not anymore !!

My two favourites I'd have to say are Poland and England -- I tend to like the oddball sort of characters, and Poland definitely fits that (not to mention he's dead sexy in a miniskirt!), and I see a lot of myself in England -- formerly on top of the world and then watching it all crumble; also a potty-mouthed, heavy drinking "gentleman" who can see mythical creatures.

Also, Flying Mint Bunny. Who could not love Flying Mint Bunny?

But, I like all of them.

Hey... I'm a guy too...

and I like America.. and Cheeseburgers...

This post has been edited by Ranko: 03 May 2011 - 04:06 PM

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#42 User is offline   Shintarou Inuzuka 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:12 PM

View PostRanko, on 03 May 2011 - 04:05 PM, said:

Hey... I'm a guy too...

and I like America.. and Cheeseburgers...

Nice! We have even more male Hetalia fans!

#43 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:19 PM

OMI GAH!!! O.O srsly all of the guy hetalia cosplayers..... HANG WITH MEH!!! IM NOT KIDDING!!! o.o

Id be so happy if you do....! >.<
**The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them**ACen 2013 (Hopefully...Graduation is in the way..) England: %100 completed, Halloween2010!England %0, 2P!England %1, Chibirisu %0, Jeanne de Arc %0, Yukio %0, Ciel Phantomhive %0

#44 User is offline   Skogkatt 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:13 PM

Um...yeah. XD *looks at SAK like she's crazy* Why is it that both you guys have pictures of anime girls as your profile pictures? YOU BE CONFOOSIN PEOPLE! *doesn't understand any of this*
Yes, "totally fabulous" is an EXCELLENT way to describe him. Mind if I quote you on that?

vFuture ideas

#45 User is offline   Shintarou Inuzuka 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:43 PM

View PostSkogkatt, on 03 May 2011 - 08:13 PM, said:

Um...yeah. XD *looks at SAK like she's crazy* Why is it that both you guys have pictures of anime girls as your profile pictures? YOU BE CONFOOSIN PEOPLE! *doesn't understand any of this*
Yes, "totally fabulous" is an EXCELLENT way to describe him. Mind if I quote you on that?

Go ahead ^_^

(And actually, that's a guy ^o^)

#46 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:06 PM

I don't see the problem... I could see Tsumugi being a bit confusing... but Hazumu used to be a guy...

This post has been edited by Ranko: 03 May 2011 - 11:35 PM

#47 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:31 AM

Poland is a beast. All other countries need to get on his level. :P I recently got one of my guy friends into the show. We used to be out of classes at the same time so we'd just sit in the cafe watching it since the episodes are only 5 or so minutes. I was a little surprised by how quickly he liked it (he tends to go for more action). I love watching the show with him though since he's snarky and has a smart remark for everything. I keep forgetting to show him the dub though. I'd love to see his reaction to it. XD
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

#48 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:13 PM

Hey! I’m not crazy fyi thankyouverymuch..! I just haven’t met a guy hetalia cosplayer yet and is obsessing to meet one.

View PostShintarou Inuzuka, on 03 May 2011 - 10:43 PM, said:

Go ahead ^_^

(And actually, that's a guy ^o^)

Lol I noticed the pic is from gravitation yes? xD My friend told me about the anime, but totally left out the major parts like the age rating, content all that fun stuff. I went off and borrowed the manga from the library and the explicit(ish) stuff really got to me(I was too young to be reading such a story..! Like 10-13 yrs old or something...) ... =3= She can really urk me sometimes >.< that and the fact that she’s taller AND SKINNER than me (mainly because she’s a vegetarian)

---

Anyways~ Im not that crazy and if you guys are willing to hang out with me during the con I will share the snacks I’ll bring for people with yoos~! Just because I’ll be cosplaying as England doesn’t mean that my cooking has to suffer just as his does..! >.< Although I cook Asian foods and deserts the best xD if you ask me to do any European foods then...well the end product will surely be a terrific addition to my cosplay.

I remember when I first asked about Hetalia at my first convention. I mean, I heard about it, but I got confused in the other forums when people asked for ‘JAPAN,GERMANY, ITALY, ENGLAND, RUSSIA COSPLAYERS’ etc etc on the other characters. I was like, “Wtheck..? They need countries..?” I never looked it up and at my first con I was in my Sebastian cosplay for kuro and I was gathering kuroshitsuji cosplayers for a meet I held(ish considering the sketchiness of time and location) my kuro friends and I were with the hetalia meets cosplayers and were chatting it up. I asked what was hetalia all about and now I totally get this next part that happened...An America cosplayer went up to me and said, “Okay! Hetalia is all about AMERICA~!!!” xD Oh snap!!! And the other hetalians freaked and started ganging up on her (the america cosplayer).
Of course....I didnt get the info I needed....and instead my Grelle had to explain it to me and I took her word for it after the convention xD

Haha I know a lot to read xD

#49 User is offline   Skogkatt 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:59 PM

Well, I'll let you know that I AM crazy, so as long as you keep the conversation under 12A/PG13, I'd love to hang out with any of your Hetalia fans. :3 Another addition to me being crazy, I'm very picky, especially about fancy food, but I thought Igi's cooking was delicious. :9 It was burnt, yeah, and he forgot the salt...and put too much flour...and there were lemons in them with the apples...BUT THOSE SCONES WERE DELICIOUS. :thumbup:
I really don't know too many anime...like anyone who likes shounen-type things I was into Bleach and Naruto for a time, but I really just love books and Doctor Who. XD Oh, yes, and I wasn't expecting Doctor Who at an anime convention. I was so pleasantly surprised.

ANYWAY, I'M A FRIKKIN' PRUSSIA COSPLAYER. |D I like being in-character and roleplaying. I'll never go outside certain boundaries like physical contact, but aside from that I think I tend to really get some characters. Any of your cosplaying at the Hetalia panel this year? ANYONE DOING ACCENTS??? :w00t: (Reason I love the dub. Some of the accents are crap, but those Japanese VA's suck. >:<)

vFuture ideas

#50 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:06 PM

Iggy: I actually said 'This is all about the hero!' and kept making weird...epic suggestions last photo shoot that people LOVED OMG. x.x My doormouse DIED on the inside.

I don't see enough men and actually have a stash of Hetalia cosplay yummy guys on my laptop of doom >_> No I won't glomp you randomly. I happen to keep hands to myself.

But it doesn't mean I don't dream of an awesome boyfriend to cosplay pairings with me...one day.

.........America's accent is weird considering that my voice pitch changes depending on how I feel. I have been said to sound 'ghetto' normally and squeaky when I get excited.

Maybe I should have did a weird version of Iggy because I do say 'bloody' a lot personally but I was like 'MY HEIGHT NO WAY PAL.'

I got the dvds so going to watch them again. Trying to do the 'HERO-SAAAAAAN' thumbs up pose more often.

Worse thing is I read the whole manga before it came to the USA, including the rpg one with BRITIANIA BEAM and fifth level boss Russia who is a game breaker. And why...Russia isn't big boned :3

And tried to download Prussia cd SO BAD.

I know I'm a nerd ._.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#51 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:44 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 05 May 2011 - 07:06 PM, said:

Iggy: I actually said 'This is all about the hero!' and kept making weird...epic suggestions last photo shoot that people LOVED OMG. x.x My doormouse DIED on the inside.

I don't see enough men and actually have a stash of Hetalia cosplay yummy guys on my laptop of doom >_> No I won't glomp you randomly. I happen to keep hands to myself.

But it doesn't mean I don't dream of an awesome boyfriend to cosplay pairings with me...one day.

.........America's accent is weird considering that my voice pitch changes depending on how I feel. I have been said to sound 'ghetto' normally and squeaky when I get excited.

Maybe I should have did a weird version of Iggy because I do say 'bloody' a lot personally but I was like 'MY HEIGHT NO WAY PAL.'

I know I'm a nerd ._.

Lol thats so funny that you said that too! xD The America cosplayer kinda scared me off though cause she was all in my face when saying it xD but it was a good kind of scared. xD Wait....doormouse...? :o

Ah thats my dream......I am currently trying to make that dream into a reality *evil laugh* heheheheh...... >:3

Lol you'll do juuuu~uust fine Al! ^^

I was actually close to being america cause i fit him better that our darling england~ xD That okay.

You're not alone.... *creepy voice* eheheheh....>:D

This post has been edited by SirArthurKirkland: 05 May 2011 - 07:44 PM

#52 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:58 PM

>_>;

Even more so that I happen to wish there was more Gauken nations in the actual comic.

Series manga-ka is making genderbent versions of the nations; GOOD LOOKING gender bent versions of the nations.

ESPECIALLY AWESOME PRUSSIA
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#53 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:37 AM

Wait.....at that one pic....was romano hittin on himself basically? xD wait...francis seems like he's doing it too..............but thats not unusual.
*spazzes from how cutesy the pictures she see* gyack.... I want them all on meh hard drive...... >.<

Yeah same here. I totally want a Phil-tan..!!!! I mean... why the heck is there no philippines?! ;_; I can totally try and be him(/her?) by raiding my parents closet..! >.< (I.....probably shouldnt do that.....mother dearest is already yelling at me for taking half her clothes... o.o)

*curses about why she can't being good looking like the nyotalia congregation or like anime in general and freaks out from lack of sleep and low selfesteem from looking at perdy piccys* xD jeez im beat.... =3=

This post has been edited by SirArthurKirkland: 06 May 2011 - 06:43 AM

#54 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:39 PM

Is it sad that I learned more history about Russia from looking at Hetalia and doing research for fanfiction?

*pats iggy on the back* My self esteem is bad too but it got better

As you can guess my favorites are:

Russia, America, most of G8, minor countries such as Ireland (who is officially a guy...why do people think Ireland is a girl?), Nordics, Turkey and Greece.

Let's just say all but the ones I seem to read fanfiction most are: Russia, America, England, China, Prussia, France, Japan, Swiss, Austria, and what's his name.

The only thing that gets me is when people don't read the comic and think so and so pairing/character is mostly from fandom. -3- *has read all panels and april fools except for the 2011 parts*
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#55 User is offline   Skogkatt 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:17 PM

That's called American education. You're not SUPPOSED to know about Russian history 'cause Russia isn't America.
Personally I'm not too fond of shipping characters and if I explode on you for doing that(even if the pairing is canon), it's because of that quirk. There's one pairing I'm fond of, but it's more friendly than romantic. Really in any case if I say I like a pairing, it's probably not going to be in a romantic sense. SO GET THAT YAOI OUT OF YOUR FANGIRL BRAINS. *shot for asking the impossible and again for being rude*
My first thing I did after looking up Hetalia(a friend recommended it to me) was to look up my favourite country, Israel. AND SHE WASN'T THERE. I didn't like it at first but now I know why: if there was an Israel character it would be impossible to keep the series a comedy because so many people hate her. :'( OH, crap, I'm depressed now. Someone talk about something happy like Latvia taking over Russia. *sits down for storytime and smiles expectanty*

vFuture ideas

#56 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:46 PM

View PostSkogkatt, on 08 May 2011 - 09:17 PM, said:

Really in any case if I say I like a pairing, it's probably not going to be in a romantic sense.

I'm somewhat the same. I mean, I won't say I don't ship a little, but there are so many pairings that I love simply as a friendship (or rivalry). For instance Poland and Lithuania. I know people ship them, but I love them as friends. They remind me of that comedy technique. I can't remember the name, but basically the straight man and the nutter. :P You don't need to toss in a romantic interest for their relationship to still be great.

My first thing I did after looking up Hetalia(a friend recommended it to me) was to look up my favourite country, Israel. AND SHE WASN'T THERE. I didn't like it at first but now I know why: if there was an Israel character it would be impossible to keep the series a comedy because so many people hate her. :'( OH, crap, I'm depressed now. Someone talk about something happy like Latvia taking over Russia. *sits down for storytime and smiles expectanty*

That's not necessarily true. A good writer can make any villain lovable. Besides, it's not like the series focuses on the bad things about a country. Despite the genocide, people still love Germany's character. If anything, it'd be the people of the country who might be offended by the characterization like how South Korea reacted to their country's character. As the series goes on, Israel might show up. I mean, there are almost 200 countries in the world (not including micronations). It's understandable if 1, or 2, or 50 are left out.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:

#57 User is offline   Skogkatt 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:05 AM

Trini: You could be right; I know next to nothing about history. Truthfully, Israel's my favourite because it's the only country I ever really learned about. Darn my education for only teaching me about America. :angry:

vFuture ideas

#58 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:34 AM

Yeah, I wish there was a little bit more focus on world history beyond England, but I suppose that's what personal study is for.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:

#59 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:20 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 08 May 2011 - 08:39 PM, said:

Is it sad that I learned more history about Russia from looking at Hetalia and doing research for fanfiction?

*pats iggy on the back* My self esteem is bad too but it got better

Ah my self esteem is alright :thumbup: *pouts internally* :lol: Like it's not bad unlike before from...the dark ages...*shivers* o.o

View PostTrini, on 09 May 2011 - 12:34 AM, said:

Yeah, I wish there was a little bit more focus on world history beyond England, but I suppose that's what personal study is for.

I agree! Personally I like personal study better mainly because If they teach it in school theres a high chance that I wont pay attention perusual to the American history ^^ plus learning about stuff that most other people dont know is awesome in my book~! :thumbup: Learning time..!

This post has been edited by SirArthurKirkland: 09 May 2011 - 07:20 AM

#60 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:11 AM

That's called American education. You're not SUPPOSED to know about Russian history 'cause Russia isn't America.
Personally I'm not too fond of shipping characters and if I explode on you for doing that(even if the pairing is canon), it's because of that quirk. There's one pairing I'm fond of, but it's more friendly than romantic. Really in any case if I say I like a pairing, it's probably not going to be in a romantic sense. SO GET THAT YAOI OUT OF YOUR FANGIRL BRAINS. *shot for asking the impossible and again for being rude*

*Shrug* My schools were totally different; we studied African history for almost all of elementary school and freshman year to the point that I know more about Africa and America than any other country. It depends on the school and your background. If you go to a public school like I did your views/history is going to be bias. I didn't know anything outside of Russia and Poland before Hetalia and most people don't know about Prussia or Austria being countries. But I do know a lot of Polish people in Chicago that know about Belarus and the Slavic nations than anything from America or South America.

As for Israel, there is no Mexico either or South America. Mentioned but not in the canon storyline. Neither is Ireland/Scotland besides a few comics. The manga-ka has a lot of information and countries to do/look up, as well as his own personal humor. There is a lot he's doing so if he doesn't work on your favorite country don't be offended. He's trying to appeal to the people who like the FACE nations as well as current events, as well as minor countries like Swiss, and his own storyline.

I don't know I'm not offended about America even though it basically says that Americans are 'dumb, have weight issues and must take extreme methods all the time, don't regard anyone else feelings, and are basically tsundere and jerk faces who eat fast food all the time.' America could be a closet genius because of comics that show he can make things such as a 'homosexual love ray,' and he doesn't read the atmosphere because he is always thinking all the time. Or as some fandom said he hates Russia because 'he's a commie,' and the only people he likes are England, Japan, and Canada. All the characters have different interpretations. Like England could be an old jerk face who loves to fight, an introverted magic guy who tries to fit it because of his past and lack of social skills, etc.

The reason why I pair up some characters is because...there is one pairing already in the manga and sometimes it's hard not to fall into 'omg cute pairings' shipping. SuFin is the official 'gay' pairing and there is the whole HRE/Italy thing that the manga ka is hinting TOTALLY about, especially if you read the manga strips. Most I do in the terms of friendship like Liet and Poland. It's really hard not to pair up people when you see Belarus chasing Russia about marriage and his sister Ukraine pushing his face into her....assets.

Or the whole fact that where Russia is, China normally is too.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 09 May 2011 - 08:16 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users