Anime Central Forums: well isnt this just dandy... - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

well isnt this just dandy... dog related...

#1 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 29826

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:17 PM

i found out today there is no way to get around having to buy a car seat for my dog :| i dont know if im embarassed that i will be owning a dog that small, or if im annoyed at the fact these things cost like 99 bucks for a 6 pound pooch... thts also on the cheaper end, as im not going with eh micro suede or anything fancy. just plain black to match my car and show stains nicely if doggy pukes. i mean it does come in pink but uh i have rules my car is blue and thats the only colour its gonna be.

i also found out that its a good idea to invest in a purse like dog carrier to sneak the puppy around with me to help get potty training done faster and socializing done very well, though most purse puppies i have met are mean little brats... and why do i look like someone that will invest 200 bucks in to an oversized ugly piece of dog carring equipment!? i use a small purse if that... BAH. now you all know what to get me for my bday as ill be cranky having to buy it at 200 bucks... the link to a cheap one.
the one the only princess neon plaid mix'n'match confusion of colour

#2 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:01 PM

What? We've always just had my dog in the back seat or so. Why would you be so cruel to a dog to have them restrained? They're not human..they don't understand the need to be still.
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#3 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:27 PM

Can't you just use a pet carrier, or do you just like casually driving around with your dog (as opposed to only having it in the car for vet/groomer/etc)?

(I understand if you do it to give your dog some air, because most dogs love sticking their heads out the windows!)
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#4 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:30 PM

That seems unnecessary... a car seat for a dog...what happened to the days where dogs could proudly hang their heads out your back window as their ears and tongue fluttered in the wind~

A dog purse... seriously?

SERIOUSLY!?
<_<

This post has been edited by TaiyakiOni: 09 June 2010 - 06:30 PM

The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#5 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:28 PM

Perhaps there has been a heretofore-unmentioned slew of gruesome accidents involving unrestrained dogs?

It looks like a dog-bed, shopping-basket type of thing with a harness for smallish dogs. For larger dogs, it's just a harness. Either way, it's a doggy car-ride buzzkill. If my dog has to have a crappy time in a car for the sake of safety, I'll just cram her into a $30 pet carrier like I usually do.

My theory about dogs in purses was that it was the only way to wear fur accessories in public without getting attacked by PETA, although my first guess was that the dogs were trained to retrieve purse items...
Acen Attendee since 2001

#6 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:36 PM

Wait...what? I are saying that your required by law now to have your dog restrained? This is ridiculous. I could maybe understand it with big dogs cuz there is a chance that they can block your vision, but I have a crap-zu. He can't get in the way of anything. As much as I love my dog, he's still my property. And having a law telling me what I can and can't do to my property is wrong. What's next? "oh no! Someone is driving with a soda between their legs cuz they don't have a cup holder! We should make sure that drink is secured properly!"
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#7 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:40 PM

"Crap-zu"?

...OH!!

:lol: Filter gotcha. Correct spelling is "shih-tzu".
Acen Attendee since 2001

#8 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:40 PM

to be honest, this situation sounds more spiffy than dandy...

#9 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:14 PM

I can understand if it is a really, really, small pooch (that they don't want the dogs flying about if one were to make rather quick turns).

You also need to understand that there are laws now that older kids need to have special seats too. Too many laws but what can you do?

This post has been edited by Suigetsu: 09 June 2010 - 08:16 PM

Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#10 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:38 PM

View PostSuigetsu, on 09 June 2010 - 08:14 PM, said:

I can understand if it is a really, really, small pooch (that they don't want the dogs flying about if one were to make rather quick turns).

You also need to understand that there are laws now that older kids need to have special seats too. Too many laws but what can you do?

You can start by not following the laws. That's what I'm gonna do once they make it a law to have health insurance. If enough people don't follow the law they can't enforce it. Or at the very least you wont serve any jail time. Prisons are so full already that they are letting out lower felons so I doubt they'd want to throw in someone for something stupid like that.
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui

#11 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:47 AM

I dunno...I've never heard of a law where dogs have to be restrained in a car seat. Then again, I don't live in Chicago, where the Daley Machine rules all. Kneel before Zod!

Unless you have a car that can fit a La-Z-Boy, there's no way my pooch could fit in a car seat. He's capable of having his tail in the right-side rear seat and his nose on the driver's shoulder. And we own a pretty big car.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"He's a big 'un"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#12 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:55 AM

no no no it its not a law, my dog is only going to top out at 5 pounds. she right now is about as big as a can of pepsi. the car seat is just for her safety to give her a way to sit high and be able to see out the window while safely able to have an area to move about and still if i have to stop short, not get thrown against the window and die.

i have bigger dogs that can safely just sit about in the car and not get their butts thrown about but ive never had such a small dog, that even the vet said to get this.

as for a pet carrier we dont use those for transport as thats for training for other things in our home. my family takes our dogs just about anywhere and they will go on random rides with us like to the atm, pharmacy window, get gas, get a movie from redbox... they love the car so we like to just take them with.

also reduces them thinking its only for evil, my moms dog freaks out about the car and assumes its only for going to the vet to get left for long periods (though that was only because she got spayed and also ate a whole bag of candy she found and i wasnt around for that mess)

we used to take the dogs to different older downtown districts in summer when we lived in missouri, little tourist traps. that was always fun.

#13 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:30 PM

The size of a pepsi can? I don't think I've ever seen a dig that tiny! I want pics!
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

#14 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:35 PM

View Postsweetbeanpaste, on 10 June 2010 - 01:30 PM, said:

The size of a pepsi can? I don't think I've ever seen a dig that tiny! I want pics!

well shes still with her mommy because shes still young, right now to be correct shes like the size of my cell phone, when i pick her up at 8wks of age she will be as big as a pepsi can. i will find a pic of another dog from the same parents.

stella a pup from the same father dog but not mother dog, i saw stella when she was 9wks old and she was only 2 pounds also she was about as big as the teenager girls hand. stella is also planned to be bigger than my dog.

This post has been edited by ZomgBlue: 10 June 2010 - 02:41 PM

#15 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:49 PM

View PostZomgBlue, on 10 June 2010 - 02:35 PM, said:

well shes still with her mommy because shes still young, right now to be correct shes like the size of my cell phone, when i pick her up at 8wks of age she will be as big as a pepsi can. i will find a pic of another dog from the same parents.

stella a pup from the same father dog but not mother dog, i saw stella when she was 9wks old and she was only 2 pounds also she was about as big as the teenager girls hand. stella is also planned to be bigger than my dog.

Dear dear dear...I would have too much fun with such a small pup. I'd make them houses and all sorts of clothing.

They would hate me very much...

#16 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:44 PM

View PostSuigetsu, on 10 June 2010 - 02:49 PM, said:

Dear dear dear...I would have too much fun with such a small pup. I'd make them houses and all sorts of clothing.

They would hate me very much...

you are not going to ever be allowed near my dog... shes not gonna be having a wardrobe larger than mine nor will she be toy to play with like that.

i think my moms gonna buy her a dress though, she likes to do that stuff. she puts shirts on her dog as it is.

#17 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:49 PM

View PostZomgBlue, on 10 June 2010 - 03:44 PM, said:

you are not going to ever be allowed near my dog... shes not gonna be having a wardrobe larger than mine nor will she be toy to play with like that.

i think my moms gonna buy her a dress though, she likes to do that stuff. she puts shirts on her dog as it is.

I had a Beagle that used to walk around with a top-hat and a pair of glasses on :D

#18 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:58 PM

View PostSuigetsu, on 10 June 2010 - 03:49 PM, said:

I had a Beagle that used to walk around with a top-hat and a pair of glasses on :D

i feel like reporting you for animal abuse :P because a monocle would have been cuter

#19 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:07 PM

Herr Dinkauf (Sparky's top-hat personality) would have lost it I'm afraid. If I find a pic I'll post it.

He liked car rides, but would go adventuring too much and always wanted to be in the front seat. We knew if we opened the windows he would have jumped out though.

This post has been edited by Suigetsu: 10 June 2010 - 04:08 PM

#20 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:43 PM

awww. She's so cute.

#21 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:55 PM

OMG puppy puff! She's gonna be a super-cute lil' puffball...
Acen Attendee since 2001

#22 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:21 PM

I'm not even a dog fan, bu that's just adorable.
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.

#23 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:28 PM

i just got new pics of my darling, mind you they are zoomed in because shes so small still.

one day old
one day old second view
one week old
one week old second view

it says 254 because thats just the number shes given to help them keep track of her in their system i am going to name her lorelei after the mythical siren and in honor of my puppy that died of parvo before we could bring her home. though look how small she is like itty bitty.

#24 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:36 PM

View PostZomgBlue, on 11 June 2010 - 01:28 PM, said:

i just got new pics of my darling, mind you they are zoomed in because shes so small still.

one day old
one day old second view
one week old
one week old second view

it says 254 because thats just the number shes given to help them keep track of her in their system i am going to name her lorelei after the mythical siren and in honor of my puppy that died of parvo before we could bring her home. though look how small she is like itty bitty.

Well...it looks like you can keep her in a Skittles bag.

#25 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:51 PM

THAT'S SOOOOO CUTE!!!!

:D
---

#26 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:56 PM

View PostSuigetsu, on 11 June 2010 - 01:36 PM, said:

Well...it looks like you can keep her in a Skittles bag.

i could fit her in my pants pocket right now... but shes a week old so shes still with mommy dog of course haha. i wonder what she will fit in when i pick her up... i mean im not going to use her car seat till shes a little older.

i am thinkin of getting a tattoo like tomorrow if my friend pays me back tonight... and its going to be about the size of her now but its going to be of my goldens paw print from when she passed on and a memorial in a sense just how to hide anohter tattoo from my mom... shes already pissed i have 6 gauges in my lobes... thats not even big.

#27 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:00 PM

I am mostly against spur of the moment tattoos, but a memorial is something different. That is one of the things that will never change in your life and safe to get inked.

#28 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:54 PM

View PostSuigetsu, on 11 June 2010 - 03:00 PM, said:

I am mostly against spur of the moment tattoos, but a memorial is something different. That is one of the things that will never change in your life and safe to get inked.

i just pick when i get them done randomly but theres normally always something behind my tattoos, SKIN! haha pun.

yeah my shoulder tattoo some of the ink is slowly being rejected by my body so its looking blotchy lately :( which if i do go in for my paw print (its my dogs real paw too it was cast in a mold) i may have teh artist look at it cause some times i get random hives and then the blue ink hives up and flakes out.

i also have a box of keepsakes so i would take that and ask the guy to draw the paw with ideas inside it from her fave toys and then i would bring in a few pics so he could see her personality and it would be a great colourful expression of her im sure.

a great story of my golden. my friends from the city came to my new home and my one friend was like awww roni you are so sweet. i said just wait till she burps in your face (with a heavy tone of sarcasm) next thing you know she lets one out and its teh most disgusting smell ever. she then does her smile and wags her tail as my friend almost falls over dead from the burp and im just laughing so hard i do fall over along with my other friend who is normally very quiet and reserved.

theres roni just sitting there like yeah wanna start giving me those rubs again.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users