• This topic is locked

Girl Talk!

#301 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:41 AM

You could always pencil them in. Every person I've seen do that scares the crap out of me because they look really weird and they draw them all weird like.

I would never wax my eyebrows off. ><

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#302 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:04 AM

But you can change your eyebrows to reflect your mood all the time if you wax em! :o

#303 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:14 AM

Those who do make 'em look like they are always super angry. ><
ACen '14 Cosplay

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#304 User is offline   Matt 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1225

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:20 AM

I've seen pencilled-in eyebrows (I think a female co-worker at a previous job had them), and they weren't very attractive. Odd how eyebrows aren't really anything special in and of themselves, but you notice if they're gone or look really bad.

New topic: What do you ladies most often worry about? I bring this up because I've noticed that women do indeed worry a lot. My mom worries about the weather on occasion, and female classmates seem to really worry about their grades (I've seen one on the verge of tears, which I can't say about guys).
:heart: <span style='color:Magenta'>Proud Secretary of the Plushy Guardian Alliance</span> :heart:

:heart: <span style='color:Blue'>Soldier in The Glomp Team </span> :heart:

<span style='color:DarkSlateBlue'>Member of the Anime Central Association for the Advancement of Bunnykind</span>

#305 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:25 AM

My mom worries about me getting pregnant.

I've gained some wait since I worked at the bakery since I snacked there a lot and I didn't gain that much weight. She asked me last night when I last had my period because she thought I was pregnant.

Sigh.

One thing I worry about is making good impressions.

This post has been edited by Lina: 17 June 2010 - 10:00 AM

ACen '14 Cosplay

#306 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:50 AM

A few things my mom worries about:
My independence. I've grown up to be extremely independent, sometimes she doesn't like it. An example is that I was kicking around the idea of having my own cell bill and paying instead of the whole family bill I'm paying since I have the majority of the extras on it. I think she takes it personally because she flips her lid.

Leaving home. Since I'm getting to the point where a lot of my debt is going down and I can pool it towards rent. She highly advises that I wait until I get married to move but it's not like I am going out of state, I'd be at max thirty minutes away. She's had me grow up with a sense of responsibility, I have been paying rent and anything I want I pay for. I know she loves me but I wouldn't cut her out of my life, I'd just be getting out on my own more. it has to be hard seeing her little munchkin growing up, but I'd think she'd prefer this over me squatting and not doing anything with my life.

Marriage. For a while she thought I was going to end up with someone that wasn't a match, but that has changed. I'm starting to get the family pressure to get married and start a family. She keeps dropping subtle hints on what kind of ring I'd want, where I'd want to get married, how many kids I'd want, and how she'd love to be a Grandma. I want to get married when I know I am with someone that completes me, love dearly and wants to start a life together not on her terms. I htink she's worried that she will be too old to be actively involved in the wedding planning but I won't be waiting until I'm 40 to get married.

What I worry about:

Being good enough marriage and Mother material. I think I'm doing well but I want the guy I end up with for the rest of my life to have no doubt in his mind and go "she'd be a great wife and mother to by children because of ______"

My body, I have always been self conscious. I think it had to do with the terribble teasing I received in grade and highschool. I have been reassured though, I am beautiful just the way I am.

Making sure who I am with is happy, friends, boyfriend, family. It's just a strange quirk I have had since I was a little girl.

#307 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:53 AM

I don't think one female worries about one thing. I've know a huge myriad of things that they worry about.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#308 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:00 AM

Since I'm at work I can't make a long list of stuff. ^^'''

I'm not in a cubicle so I can't hide this stuff that easily. lol

I do worry about my future. Like, am I gonna go back to college, am I gonna get married, do I really want kids, etc.

My boyfriend is now an uncle! His sister just had a baby girl. I'm sure he can't stop smiling. He loves kids.

This post has been edited by Lina: 17 June 2010 - 10:03 AM

ACen '14 Cosplay

#309 User is offline   Riceninja 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 29648

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:07 AM

My boyfriend is now an uncle! His sister just had a baby girl. I'm sure he can't stop smiling. He loves kids.

Something hes mentioning lately, or something you noticed?
You have displeased the chef. Prepare for delicious justice.

#310 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:13 AM

View PostRiceninja, on 17 June 2010 - 10:07 AM, said:

Something hes mentioning lately, or something you noticed?

I've always known he's loved kids. I usually say I don't. lol But that may change.

Sometimes we just casually talk about it. Like during my sister's graduation I was thinking about kid names because in the program they have kids first and middle names. It's just something fun to talk and think about.

ACen '14 Cosplay

#311 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:13 AM

As a female I worry about everything.
As an individual I worry about too many things.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#312 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:16 PM

I worry about whale boning....

My mom worries about everything, and my grandma worries about my mom worrying about everything plus everything else.

I worry about my niece and nephew more than anything. I never get to see them because my brothers wife is insane and keeps them from seeing our family because shes got mental issues and wants her kids to herself. I really worry about them because they dont have any family besides my side of the family (which she avoids) and that she just isnt a good mother and abuses my brother (Yeah...hes whipped -.-). I think about my aunt and uncles and how nice they have treated me and how close we all are and I want to be just like that and be the Auntie and babysit when I can but I dont even think they will remember me. I worry that if this keeps up my nephew and niece will grow up hearing terrible things about my family (my bros wife is that crazy to do stuff like that) and I'm afraid I'll never have a chance to be an Aunt.

I worry about tons of things. Its a women thing...passed down from our worrying mothers and their worrying mothers. Its what we do. :shuriken:

ar lath ma vhenan

#313 User is offline   Riceninja 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 29648

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:56 PM

question to the females again. When you say I need time to think to your significant other "i need to time to think" without any real context, is it time for him/her to worry?
You have displeased the chef. Prepare for delicious justice.

#314 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:03 PM

View PostRiceninja, on 17 June 2010 - 12:56 PM, said:

question to the females again. When you say I need time to think to your significant other "i need to time to think" without any real context, is it time for him/her to worry?

Yeah, probably.

ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#315 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:13 PM

View PostRiceninja, on 17 June 2010 - 12:56 PM, said:

Not all the time. At least, for me. Some times I do just need time to think so I can stray away from arguments and other things that could hurt a relationship.

But a lot of girls are different.

ACen '14 Cosplay

#316 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:17 PM

When I say "I need time to think", I'm usually so pissed off that I can't think straight and hold a conversation with my boyfriend.

Usually.

Sometimes "I need time to think" means "I need time to chill out; Leave me alone".

But that's just me.

#317 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:19 PM

View PostKii, on 17 June 2010 - 01:17 PM, said:

When I say "I need time to think", I'm usually so pissed off that I can't think straight and hold a conversation with my boyfriend.

Usually.

Sometimes "I need time to think" means "I need time to chill out; Leave me alone".

But that's just me.

Yup. Same with me.

Some girls just need time to just chill out.

ACen '14 Cosplay

#318 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:21 PM

View PostLina, on 17 June 2010 - 01:19 PM, said:

Yup. Same with me.

Some girls just need time to just chill out.

Yeah. The key is to know when you need to grant them their wish and when you need to force them to talk it out.
Sometimes if you let someone "think" the problem just festers more and snowballs into something bigger than it is or initially would have been.

Dating is a pain in the a**.

#319 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:23 PM

View PostKii, on 17 June 2010 - 01:21 PM, said:

Yeah. The key is to know when you need to grant them their wish and when you need to force them to talk it out.
Sometimes if you let someone "think" the problem just festers more and snowballs into something bigger than it is or initially would have been.

Dating is a pain in the a**.

It truly is.
ACen '14 Cosplay

#320 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:28 PM

View PostSongstressLenne, on 17 June 2010 - 09:04 AM, said:

But you can change your eyebrows to reflect your mood all the time if you wax em! :o

Hey, it worked for the Japanese ladies back in olden times!

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Just don't blacken your teeth"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#321 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:31 PM

View Postsentinel28a, on 17 June 2010 - 02:28 PM, said:

Hey, it worked for the Japanese ladies back in olden times!

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Just don't blacken your teeth"

speak for yourself! everyone knows how hot bound feet are!

#322 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:21 PM

I may be wrong, but I thought that binding feet was done more in China. Either way...*shudders* I would never do that...same with shaving your eyebrows. Creeeepy.

http://munashiku.sli...ows_250x464.jpg

I was reading about eyebrows and your body naturally shapes them to how your face is and at most you could pluck a few out of alignment, but going overboard and shaving them off is weird. They all look so angry.

ar lath ma vhenan

#323 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:30 PM

View PostSka_Toranpetta, on 17 June 2010 - 03:21 PM, said:

I may be wrong, but I thought that binding feet was done more in China. Either way...*shudders* I would never do that...same with shaving your eyebrows. Creeeepy.

http://munashiku.sli...ows_250x464.jpg

I was reading about eyebrows and your body naturally shapes them to how your face is and at most you could pluck a few out of alignment, but going overboard and shaving them off is weird. They all look so angry.

mostly in china, but it was practiced in other asian countries like japan and taiwan, too.
obviously such a sexy trend was--wait for it--bound to catch on!
8D
/shame

This post has been edited by Keiichi-chan: 17 June 2010 - 03:31 PM

#324 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:38 PM

*winces* Yaaahh...Just wait for it. Nike or Reebok may be listening...
ar lath ma vhenan

#325 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18295

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:16 PM

ok im back and we're a few pages past where i left off at sooo im just going to go off what's on this page annnnnd *scrolls up* ok so the topic is everywhere oh wow foot binding i could never understand that i cringed when i watched that on Taboo

i remember always dreading "The Talk" but when i used to say i need to think about stuff it usually does mean leave me be for now otherwise things could get worse you think they are lol i also only just recently started arching my eyebrows since my eyebrows weren't that thick to begin with there isn't much difference but i can tell when i look wicked in some of my photos lol

any female had the problem of being into 2 guys at the same time? its a little complicated on how that happened for me lol
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me
Check Art My Dev art page
AIM ME: dsbabygyrl2021

#326 User is offline   ninjaxllama 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 17215

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:35 PM

I tend to overthink everything or just worry about everything. I don't think it has to do with me being a girl though. It's just how I am.
And talking about eyebrows, mine are naturally thick and I don't usually pluck them, but a few weeks ago I got them waxed. It really did not hurt
that bad. I thought the hot wox hurt more than the actual pulling part. I need to do it again soon considering I don't really like plucking very much. It's too slow and painful. haha
[color="#9932CC"]
ACen 2011 cosplay: Kakashi and Hiro from Gravitation
ACen 2012 cosplay: Hotohori from Fushigi Yugi, Kakashi, Tseng from ff7
ACen 2013 cosplay: Professor Chaos from South Park, Raven from Teen Titans, and Scott Pilgrim
ACen 2014 cosplay: Butters from South Park Stick of Truth, Him from Powerpuff Girls, and Scott Pilgrim
I am the Forum Llama...Beware my cute and fuzzy exterior

#327 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:37 PM

I wax my own eyebrows.
Although not inbetween the eyes although a lot of people think I do because my eyebrows are way far apart.
>:/

#328 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:04 PM

View PostLADY SAKURA, on 17 June 2010 - 08:16 PM, said:

ok im back and we're a few pages past where i left off at sooo im just going to go off what's on this page annnnnd *scrolls up* ok so the topic is everywhere oh wow foot binding i could never understand that i cringed when i watched that on Taboo

i remember always dreading "The Talk" but when i used to say i need to think about stuff it usually does mean leave me be for now otherwise things could get worse you think they are lol i also only just recently started arching my eyebrows since my eyebrows weren't that thick to begin with there isn't much difference but i can tell when i look wicked in some of my photos lol

any female had the problem of being into 2 guys at the same time? its a little complicated on how that happened for me lol

Funny thing is, of all the things I hear from my female friends, I never really hear about stories of "the talk" and I never had that issue myself, more or less I never had the chance haaa. lol

And lol with the last thing. I don't want to get in depth with this one... I'm starting to think ALOT of females tend to like more then one guy. I've experienced that PERSONALLY twice, and lost twice. No need to go further, but back to my female friends, surprising I'm told alot "so...I liek more then one guy...blah blah blah, so yeah, I would say alot of females are like that."

This post has been edited by XenoBlade: 17 June 2010 - 09:08 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#329 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18295

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:50 PM

well see "The Talk" would come when we sense things are not going as we think they should or could so it was like an evaluation which could either break or make the relationship i honestly just hate the serious talks and my ex did too but it was needed to see if we were on teh same page and if not how can we get on it

and the 2 guys things is not normal for ME!! one guy is a good friend there is no hope considering he's been into someone else about as long as ive realized that i was into him well i figured im over him now i can move on...the other guy is a crush from High School we just got back in touch a month ago alot of flirting going on there the downside to it all is he's lived in Atlanta this whole time T_T its not like im dating either dude lol i think its just a reminder that i still may not be ready to jump into any relationship as i can't seem to sort my feelings out
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me
Check Art My Dev art page
AIM ME: dsbabygyrl2021

#330 User is offline   obakasan 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2555

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:45 AM

I made the amazing discovery years ago that I can like more than one person. And at the same time.

I can also love more than one person. And at the same time.

Wow. :eek:
This space intentionally left blank.

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users