Girl Talk!

#271 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:49 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 14 June 2010 - 07:22 PM, said:

I don't see much the point of fake breasts. (Well besides the obvious. lol) They just look....weird, and unnatural, and they just aren't cool. I just don't see why females who are already a decent size want to step it up a notch. I can see about ones who aren't so lucky since well even if there are a few of us guys who don't care about the size, so they feel like they have to, so they can fit in.

It's funny that humans are the only creatures that are so absorbed in breasts. lol

uh, i think cows and pigs and pretty much every animal that survives by suckling them in adolescence is pretty concerned with them, too.

#272 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:56 PM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 14 June 2010 - 09:49 PM, said:

uh, i think cows and pigs and pretty much every animal that survives by suckling them in adolescence is pretty concerned with them, too.

whatthehell.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#273 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:16 PM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 14 June 2010 - 09:49 PM, said:

Joke Please?

If not, I was meaning for non vital life continuing for young reasons.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#274 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:24 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 14 June 2010 - 10:16 PM, said:

Joke Please?

If not, I was meaning for non vital life continuing for young reasons.

Humans are also the only animal to have a brain complicated enough to have such complexities.
We're also the only species to consciously worry about the size of our genitals.

And if you look at it as a biological thing, it makes sense that females would worry about the size of their breasts for mating purposes the same say peacocks need the brightest and most abundant tail feathers to get the best lady bird.

I know you were trying to make a haha, but I thought I'd inform ya.

ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#275 User is offline   Matt 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1225

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

I don't think I'll every understand some women's obsession with buying and wearing designer lingerie. There are probably some guys out there who share an equivalent obsession, but I imagine most guys buy inexpensive or moderately-priced boxers and/or briefs (or boxer-briefs). For the ladies here who do like designer lingerie (for example, La Perla or Agent Provocateur, although Victoria's Secret still might count), do you wear it for yourself, your significant others, or a little bit of both?
:heart: <span style='color:Magenta'>Proud Secretary of the Plushy Guardian Alliance</span> :heart:

:heart: <span style='color:Blue'>Soldier in The Glomp Team </span> :heart:

<span style='color:DarkSlateBlue'>Member of the Anime Central Association for the Advancement of Bunnykind</span>

#276 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:37 PM

A little bit of both. And the reason for going "designer" is simple: it lasts longer and fits better.

See, you're confusing basic bras and panties with lingerie. Comparing boxers and lingerie is like comparing bicycles and cars.

But women generally tend to pay more for their basic underwear as well. This is because girls need bras that fit well and will last and panties in several different styles that fit well and are made from decent material.

Men's boxers don't really need to be made out of nice material...they just kind of hang there.

#277 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:41 PM

View PostMatt, on 15 June 2010 - 03:28 PM, said:

I don't think I'll every understand some women's obsession with buying and wearing designer lingerie. There are probably some guys out there who share an equivalent obsession, but I imagine most guys buy inexpensive or moderately-priced boxers and/or briefs (or boxer-briefs). For the ladies here who do like designer lingerie (for example, La Perla or Agent Provocateur, although Victoria's Secret still might count), do you wear it for yourself, your significant others, or a little bit of both?

I never understood this either. I used to buy the fancy stuff but seriously, what guy looks at the label when they are looking at it and go "oh my Victoria's Secret?" If you just hold up the pink bag and instead have similar lingere that you bought from somewhere else I don't think it would matter to who you are dating, it's the same thought: she's going to wear something sexy.

Honestly, I buy what looks good on me, not the label brand. I have never heard a complaint because it wasn't name brand, I actually get compliments on my collection that I own. I have had designer lingere bought for me before, it's a nice treat but at the same time I had someone buy what they liked to see and it wasn't, it was the same after effect.

In the end, designer brand or not,
Spoiler

#278 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:50 PM

View PostSongstressLenne, on 15 June 2010 - 03:41 PM, said:

In the end, designer brand or not,
Spoiler

and the truth shall set you free!
~~

#279 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:51 PM

Yeah, Lenne, but a corset that is from a more high end boutique will generally last longer than a corset from, say, hot topic or wal-mart or something.

And considering those boutiques usually have people to lace stuff for you, find stuff that fits you super well, etc you usually get what you pay for.

Both designer and more low-end brands look sexy, and I've owned both, but it's nice to have that extra "oomph" in stuff that's fitted specifically for your body and to know that it's going to last quite a bit longer. (Especially if you really like it~)

As for "it's all going to end up on the floor", this is true, but the same can be said for all clothes. ;D

This post has been edited by Kii: 15 June 2010 - 03:52 PM

#280 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Member No.:

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:00 PM

View PostKii, on 15 June 2010 - 03:51 PM, said:

Yeah, Lenne, but a corset that is from a more high end boutique will generally last longer than a corset from, say, hot topic or wal-mart or something.

Anyone buying a corset should know the basics. The boning from Hot Topic is quite sad, and as you said, you get what you pay for. You need the nice sturdy boning, not the flimsy plastic.

#281 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:02 PM

View PostSongstressLenne, on 15 June 2010 - 04:00 PM, said:

Anyone buying a corset should know the basics. The boning from Hot Topic is quite sad, and as you said, you get what you pay for. You need the nice sturdy boning, not the flimsy plastic.

Ye.

#282 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 29826

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

i honestly wish some of you could have to suffer what i go through with buying bras...

to matt, i have no real options with brands, i must either go to nordstroms or a boutique or figleaves.com lately i just go to figleaves as they are starting to carry a few more brands that are in a lower price range yet still of good quality. nordstroms has always been a downfall for me as i also end up in shoes, purses, and at the MAC counter... though if one must try a bra on for a certain outfit its a wonderful place for me.

as for me with underwear i will get mine from target and get teh matching panties if in stock for the sexy bras i have, but i do not mind a boring nude bra and some funky cotton panties. nordstrom rack is great for girls that want sexy panties from brand lables for low prices, found some badgley mischka for only 2.99. thats less than pair from victorias.

also lenne did you check out those neon oranges i told you about?
the one the only princess neon plaid mix'n'match confusion of colour

#283 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:03 PM

View PostSongstressLenne, on 15 June 2010 - 04:00 PM, said:

I'm not touching this one.

I will ask, when you say boning, what the *FLEEP* does that mean?
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#284 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:32 PM

View PostKirbyFanOne, on 15 June 2010 - 10:03 PM, said:

the boning in a corset is pretty much the boning haha. how does one explain this its the most vital part of the corset...
this is better than i can explain

#285 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:36 AM

Interior support?
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#286 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:44 AM

View PostKirbyFanOne, on 15 June 2010 - 10:03 PM, said:

:P Its not what you think...

Anywho...PANTIES! What do you girls prefer? Honestly I hate thongs or things that ride up >.< I prefer nice cotton boyshorts with cute designs.

For girls that wear thongs...WHY? Why even wear underwear at all if your going to wear a thin piece of fabric up your butt and a v to cover part of your front? Its just uncomfortable and not worth it imo. :ph34r:

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#287 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:53 AM

View PostSka_Toranpetta, on 16 June 2010 - 10:44 AM, said:

:P Its not what you think...

Anywho...PANTIES! What do you girls prefer? Honestly I hate thongs or things that ride up >.< I prefer nice cotton boyshorts with cute designs.

For girls that wear thongs...WHY? Why even wear underwear at all if your going to wear a thin piece of fabric up your butt and a v to cover part of your front? Its just uncomfortable and not worth it imo. :ph34r:

i know some girls wear thongs purely because of the lack of panty lines.
some girls seem to find them more comfortable to wear than normal underwear, too...?

#288 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:04 AM

Ugh. I hate thongs. Comfy panties with lace and cute designs for me. kthx.
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#289 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Member No.:

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:07 AM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 16 June 2010 - 10:53 AM, said:

i know some girls wear thongs purely because of the lack of panty lines.
some girls seem to find them more comfortable to wear than normal underwear, too...?

They are very comfortable if you buy the right kind ie: cotton lining. I honestly can't wear full back underwear unless it is booty cut. It sometimes will ride up for no reason or move where the clothing is moving, leaving for the awkward Elvis boogie dance to move it to the right spot. A lot of women's clothing is made for a more snug fit in the shorts, pants and dress department. Well at least for the styles I go for in lower body clothing.

#290 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:38 AM

View PostSka_Toranpetta, on 16 June 2010 - 10:44 AM, said:

By the way I found the first person to prefer thong bottoms to swim trunks on girls. So he count is now 4-1 in favor of swim trunks.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#291 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:34 PM

for panties i wear hipsters, thongs, boxer cut thongs (uber comfy imo when it comes to thongs its like they cut the cheeks out and gave you the regular panty everywhere else), sometimes i get stuck with cheekies and i hate those, either cover my butt cheek or dont no half way crap.

my daily choice of panties depends on what i am doing normally. when i worked as a bather thongs or gstrings were the best mainly because i rather just have my panties stuck up my butt already instead of it slowly going up there through out the day. whe i babysit i will wear a full coverage hipster because they are comfy and if one of those kids dares to pants me i feel pretty safe. yes i do think that one of the kids i sit would pants me, i wouldnt chance it they have done it to each other so i wouldnt doubt it on me.

working out now that is a new ball game. i have some compression panties for that which are a great investment.

#292 User is offline   Matt 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1225

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:10 PM

To Kii: Good points on comfort & fit and durability, and I thought of another point:

Regarding comfort and fit: The lower-priced underwear brands are most likely designed to fit all women, but (of course) not all women are the same size and shape. Therefore, many women must buy and wear higher-priced brands for the sake of comfort and fit.

On the same topic of underwear/lingerie: Do any of you ladies have a price limit?

As for thongs, I have worn a male thong once. It didn't feel too bad, but I wouldn't make a habit of it.
:heart: <span style='color:Magenta'>Proud Secretary of the Plushy Guardian Alliance</span> :heart:

:heart: <span style='color:Blue'>Soldier in The Glomp Team </span> :heart:

<span style='color:DarkSlateBlue'>Member of the Anime Central Association for the Advancement of Bunnykind</span>

#293 User is offline   Riceninja 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 29648

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:12 PM

Curious. Have you ever been dressing up for a date and conciously decided to put on boxers?
You have displeased the chef. Prepare for delicious justice.

#294 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Member No.:

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:24 PM

View PostMatt, on 16 June 2010 - 01:10 PM, said:

On the same topic of underwear/lingerie: Do any of you ladies have a price limit?

Max I will go for a bra is $30.00, I usually spend between 6-10 bucks on a bra and for panties somewhere between .99 cents and $4.00 for a pair of em.

I know how to deal shop, and they don't look ratty or old lady-ish. I have witnesses to back me up on it.

#295 User is offline   Jguy 

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Elite
  • Member No.: 18261

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:58 PM

I've never understood the girls that wear thongs all the time, it would just seem so uncomfortable. Having something ride up there all day everyday just isn't worth it in my opinion. As I understand, the only benefit of wearing a thong is to prevent pantilines or whatever, but having that little string up your butt for a couple days just seems so uncomfortable. >.< I wonder if they just get used to it. what does it feel like, anyway? Just a normal wedgie, a little awkward? o.O
Go ahead and stop by my website: My Site

jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cookie
apt-get: cookie not found
jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cake
apt-get: cake not found[/font][/center]

#296 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:34 PM

View PostMatt, on 16 June 2010 - 01:10 PM, said:

the smallest ammount i have been able to buy a bra for was i think 68 with tax...

the max i have spent on a bra was 125 its a really cute bra and the fit is amazing i love how it fits just because of the price once it gets worn out it most likely will not get replaced.

i hate my bra size... as for underwear i buy w/e i like at nordstrom rack when i need them normally stick to the ones between 2-6 dollars

#297 User is offline   obakasan 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2555

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:52 PM

Back for a moment on an earlier topic...

I recall a conversation elsewhere that pads w/wings = "an F-22* in your pants..."

The ladies found it funny...

* an F-22 being a military combat jet fighter plane for those who don't get the reference.
This space intentionally left blank.

#298 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:07 PM

View PostZomgBlue, on 15 June 2010 - 10:32 PM, said:

the boning in a corset is pretty much the boning haha. how does one explain this its the most vital part of the corset...
this is better than i can explain

Oh, it gets better. The reason why it's called boning? They used to be made of whale bones. That's right, ladies...wear a corset circa 1912, and you're wearing Willy.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"That sentence didn't sound right"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#299 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:04 PM

View Postsentinel28a, on 16 June 2010 - 08:07 PM, said:

Oh, it gets better. The reason why it's called boning? They used to be made of whale bones. That's right, ladies...wear a corset circa 1912, and you're wearing Willy.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"That sentence didn't sound right"

meh whale bone would still be done if it wasnt well looked down upon. i like steel boning myself.

#300 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:55 PM

so ladies im watching la roux music video and now i must ask would you ever shave your brows or heavily cover them up in an effort to get a certian look even if just for a night?? in this music video you can tell they used make up to cover the up and thinned them out rather much to just create the illusion of a brow bone and no brow itself.

but would you be willing to say wax those babes off to get that look so you could do some crazy make up??

ive accidently waxed off a brow before and then just was like why not with the other so i can say i have done it myself unintentionally. it doesnt work on everyone, me being one it doesnt work on.

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users