• This topic is locked

Girl Talk!

#241 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18295

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:17 AM

well see when girls physically fight it usually never makes the friendship better it tends to get worse and before you know it years have gone pass before either side decide to bury the hatched

umm iam no good when it comes to make up don't know how to put the stuff on so i don't bother i mean i wear lipgloss,mascara,and eyeliner but not alot as i hate poking myself in the eye most of the time with my unsteady hands >_<
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me
Check Art My Dev art page
AIM ME: dsbabygyrl2021

#242 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 29826

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:42 AM

View PostKii, on 13 June 2010 - 12:24 AM, said:

Erm....mascara. That's it.

But I have a friend who knows a lot about makeup, and frequently bombards me with knowledge that I don't need. Or maybe I need it, but I won't use it.

Since it's summer, I'd try M.A.C. Prep and Primer Protect with SPF 50.

kii has it on this one, though i would also say go to a MAC store and try out the stuff first, you may find a foundation or consealer you like thats even better than what you use now. my mac consealers have never melted off in heat and now all this talk makes me want to get another one because my face is a little darker now that its summer. also im getting lazy with the painter pot style lately.
the one the only princess neon plaid mix'n'match confusion of colour

#243 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:28 AM

View PostSuigetsu, on 13 June 2010 - 12:27 AM, said:

:/

I can deal with make-up on a more permanent level. Ever apply facial blush to a 1/3 scale doll before ^^;

I did it on a 1/48 scale figure yesterday. :thumbup:

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Wasn't easy"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#244 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:46 PM

Hey All!

Just popping in real quick to add a little bit of commentary to this thread.

I have been noticing some topic derailment in this thread. The moderation team has been working closely with with the original poster to try to keep this thread friendly and on topic. As the original poster stated in her first post, boys are most certainly welcome to post, but content of this topic will be quite girly. While valid points are being made by everyone, posting off topic makes for a poor experience for those talking about relevant girl topics. It's unfair to the ladies. :( I would just like to encourage everyone to please keep this topic relevant to girl talk. :)

[We have cleared for take off. You're now free to move about the cabin ^_^]
~~

#245 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 13 June 2010 - 02:19 PM

I just want to know what off topic is. Everything I've seen so far is pretty much on topic for a Girl Talk thread.
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#246 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 13 June 2010 - 02:24 PM

Recent posts have been pretty good. I'm mostly referring to posts a few pages back. I read through most of them today.

Hmm on-topic...

Nails, shoes, hygiene products? I really don't know. I'm not a girl :P
~~

#247 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:16 PM

View Postredx1, on 13 June 2010 - 02:24 PM, said:

Recent posts have been pretty good. I'm mostly referring to posts a few pages back. I read through most of them today.

Hmm on-topic...

Nails, shoes, hygiene products? I really don't know. I'm not a girl :P

nails, shoes, hygiene products, tips and tricks on keeping your suit in place durring the summer heat, make up, how to mix and match patterns in this odd fashion season, purses and the black hole with in them, pimple prevention, mothers and how to deal with them, how to turn last years stuff in to this years it item, easy fitness for days you rather not, and many more easy topics and this is just my pg13 and under list!

#248 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:35 PM

View PostZomgBlue, on 13 June 2010 - 05:16 PM, said:

nails, shoes, hygiene products, tips and tricks on keeping your suit in place durring the summer heat, make up, how to mix and match patterns in this odd fashion season, purses and the black hole with in them, pimple prevention, mothers and how to deal with them, how to turn last years stuff in to this years it item, easy fitness for days you rather not, and many more easy topics and this is just my pg13 and under list!

Liekkkkk SLEEPOVER!!!!

lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#249 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:46 PM

I never understood the girl thing about having tons of shoes till I really started cosplaying.

I mean, I'm serious when I say this, but for the longest time I only had two different shoes: Converse and Boots. Not to mention flip flops in the summer but that was it for like 15 years of my life.

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#250 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:48 PM

View PostSka_Toranpetta, on 13 June 2010 - 05:46 PM, said:

I never understood the girl thing about having tons of shoes till I really started cosplaying.

I mean, I'm serious when I say this, but for the longest time I only had two different shoes: Converse and Boots. Not to mention flip flops in the summer but that was it for like 15 years of my life.

*takes female badge away.*

Don't you know shoes are the life force of females? lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#251 User is offline   mendokuse 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3415

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:49 PM

Honestly, I'm really comfortable being around in the girls section (yes even shopping at good old Victoria's or Delia's by myself for my girlfriend). We've both been noticing a trend for ruffled tops, checkered patterns, and a military style. Mostly our point of reference is from Express, but the store does tend to show the trends that will filter down.

Speaking of a black hole of a purse, she did just recently buy a purse from Macy's. Something similar to this, but in red and black. Definitely an upgrade from from her giant hobo bag she had. Magnetic clasp with enough pockets for her feminine stuff.

Exercise-wise, it's just a matter of finding the right exercises that you will enjoy. Biking, rollerblading, especially if you have friends to go with. I personally like to go it alone, but whatever works, right? One distinction though- if you are exercising correctly, it won't be easy. It is supposed to kick your butt.

#252 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:00 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 13 June 2010 - 05:48 PM, said:

*takes female badge away.*

I didnt even know I had one! I kind of got it taken away when my grandpa had me catch and gut fish when I was little...

but those rainbow trout and northern pike were totally worth it..So nummy :drool:

On a similar note, I really dont think that any activity should be considered "manly" or "feminine" like any kind of recreational activity that anyone can do like fishing and hunting. Most people find that its very uncommon for women to do either of these but I do (I dont hunt...but I do shoot at targets). And for shopping or doing something most people would associate with women, I find it completely acceptable for men to like and do those things. Unfortunately society says otherwise. <_<

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#253 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:15 PM

View PostSka_Toranpetta, on 13 June 2010 - 06:00 PM, said:

I didnt even know I had one! I kind of got it taken away when my grandpa had me catch and gut fish when I was little...

but those rainbow trout and northern pike were totally worth it..So nummy :drool:

On a similar note, I really dont think that any activity should be considered "manly" or "feminine" like any kind of recreational activity that anyone can do like fishing and hunting. Most people find that its very uncommon for women to do either of these but I do (I dont hunt...but I do shoot at targets). And for shopping or doing something most people would associate with women, I find it completely acceptable for men to like and do those things. Unfortunately society says otherwise. <_<

Well you don't have it now. lol XD And I think gutting fish can go both ways. Down south, anyone can gut fish. And yeah, what you just got on was stereotypes. That is a whole nother topic. lol It even goes into jobs. lol Like What sex do you think of for a teacher? a doctor? a secretary? Every little thing has to be put in a catergory. (Except I know I hate shopping. lol when I'm shopping for clothes for myself, I quite literally get bored in minutes. No joke.)
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#254 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:36 PM

View Postmendokuse, on 13 June 2010 - 05:49 PM, said:

Honestly, I'm really comfortable being around in the girls section (yes even shopping at good old Victoria's or Delia's by myself for my girlfriend). We've both been noticing a trend for ruffled tops, checkered patterns, and a military style. Mostly our point of reference is from Express, but the store does tend to show the trends that will filter down.

Speaking of a black hole of a purse, she did just recently buy a purse from Macy's. Something similar to this, but in red and black. Definitely an upgrade from from her giant hobo bag she had. Magnetic clasp with enough pockets for her feminine stuff.

Exercise-wise, it's just a matter of finding the right exercises that you will enjoy. Biking, rollerblading, especially if you have friends to go with. I personally like to go it alone, but whatever works, right? One distinction though- if you are exercising correctly, it won't be easy. It is supposed to kick your butt.

as someone whos bra size is not sold at victorias i dont think you have any idea the hell that going in a true undergarment store can be... in a real store (like the nordstroms department even) the women come in the room with you show you how to place your breast in the cup correctly and how to properly drop in to the bra, then make you cry when you find out that they only have one in stock of your size and you dont want to come back or have it shipped... my bras cost me about 100$ for sexy stuff (i own like 2 sexy bras because of this) and around 60$ for a boring nude tshirt bra... no man will ever invest in that stuff for me till hes invested in who i really am ;( if you must know 34G

as for working out on days i dont want to i just stretch which doesnt feel hard untill the next day when i wake up. a little pull when im lazy means nothing to me, but loosening up the joints and muscles do amazing things for me. then again i have arthritis so i need to keep up my flexability.

i pull my fashion from the buckle, its showing some of the same stuff but i see a lot more plaid and i always wear plaid, anyways. a lot of fashion is also 80s ish this year with crops back in style.

purses are always a black hole no matter how big or small they are, mines small as sin and i lose stuff in it all the time.

This post has been edited by ZomgBlue: 13 June 2010 - 06:38 PM

#255 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:49 PM

Actually ladies, I have a question for you all.

Not trying to insuate anything that you said Zomgblue but anyways

Like how some guys might lie about their stuff, is it the same for some ladies for cup sizes?

I've been curious since I've never really heard any female get caught in a lie.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#256 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18295

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:13 PM

you mean do we lie about our cup sizes? LMAO!!! some do stuffing their bras or getting those thingys that go inside to make them look fuller *shrug* im a chick and i have no clue what its called i however don't need such things

ZOMGBLUE: you poor girl im a 42 D and i can almost sympathize with you just almost as i just go where i KNOW they will have my bra size and have cute bras they seem to think us big breasted women only like black,white,and beige bras >_< we like colorful bras too ya know lol
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me
Check Art My Dev art page
AIM ME: dsbabygyrl2021

#257 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:16 PM

I don't see how/why a lady would lie about it when it's more obvious. You can't tell if a guy is lying just by looking at them, but you can with ladies. I'm not going to say I have a C or a D cup when it's obvious that I'm a B cup when you look at me.
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#258 User is offline   Foolish Humon 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 31104

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:
"At the start Henry either dies or has sex, leaving not-Sarah to fall in love with or not in love with a shark, a squid, a pebble, a policeman or none or all of the above."
~*~ Behold my Manga, Cosplay, Artwork and Facebook ! ~*~
Look for me as time skip Sanji from One Piece at ACen 2012!

#259 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:24 PM

That's really funny! lol
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

#260 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:30 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 13 June 2010 - 06:49 PM, said:

Like how some guys might lie about their stuff, is it the same for some ladies for cup sizes?

I've been curious since I've never really heard any female get caught in a lie.

We can lie visually and temporarily in the guise of about one or two cup sizes since there are bras that will bless us in that area, but when the bra comes off, the illusion is gone. We can also lie in that we can acquire (more or less) permanently by means of surgery that which we weren't given at puberty.

But without the above things, unless you're lying through your screen to a person who has never seen/will likely never see you, or unless that guy (in person) knows absolutely nothing about cup sizes, it'd be pretty pointless to even try.
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#261 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:32 PM

Well to some it would be obvious. As lame as this sounds, I really can't tell like exactly. I mean granted I know a general, but who knows. (because I've seen some people who said they were ALOT bigger then they seemed. And I just couldn't believe them.) But I would imagine you could lie and surprise some people. Especially at an anime con. (*cough ahem like little ol me. XD)
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#262 User is offline   mendokuse 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3415

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:13 PM

I'm not too great at bra sizes. In fact, when I go shopping for her, I actually have an old sales tag from her bra. Imagine the sales persons face when I pull it out from my wallet and just give it to her to find. :lol:

#263 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:36 PM

Back in high school I noticed a few girls stuffed in the locker rooms...their "tissues" fell out. Honestly I dont see the positive side to doing so. @_@ Most girls actually are wearing the wrong bra size to being with so it really doesnt matter! :lol:
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#264 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:42 PM

View Postmendokuse, on 13 June 2010 - 09:13 PM, said:

I'm not too great at bra sizes. In fact, when I go shopping for her, I actually have an old sales tag from her bra. Imagine the sales persons face when I pull it out from my wallet and just give it to her to find. :lol:

i know my bra size in both us and uk sizing... guess how that goes over sometimes.

now to how bra sizing works... the breast is all about volume. a 34G can be comparable to a 36F as the volume in the cup is about the same because the band size has been increased allowing for more room there and such and such i cant remember how it was explained to me exactly. though band size effects cup size not all D cups are the same.

#265 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:09 AM

MAN, I H8 GRLZ.

EDIT: And no, Xeno, girls usually don't lie about their bra size. There are, however, a lot of girls who truly believe (or want to) that they're a C when they really need to go up to a D, and girls who are a B, but believe themselves to be a C, etc.

This is because a lot of girls don't get measured or fitted and just choose whichever bra they're most comfortable in, whether it be one that squishes them or gives them, erm, "breathing room".

But, ftr, I'm a 34 DD.
YEEEEEEEEEEE-
(no)

This post has been edited by Kii: 14 June 2010 - 11:14 AM

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#266 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:14 PM

Kii speaks the truth. I was told that I was a certain size, but since my torso is small I need a smaller band size so when I bought the recommended size it was always loose on me because the band wasnt right..then I finally got fitted to the right size and its so comfy!!!

What bras do you girls prefer? Underwire/Demis/Full/other? I bought this demi from V-Secret and its soo freakin comfy. Love love love the squishiness of the padding!

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#267 User is offline   Jguy 

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Elite
  • Member No.: 18261

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:29 PM

Hm, I always thought the band vs. the cup sizes were based on the measurements taken under the bust vs the measurements taken at the bust....but what do I know, I'm a guy LOL. Seems logical to me since the band is obviously where the bra sits on the chest and the cup is the measurement of the "volume" as Zomg put it so well up there.

Yes, I have been bra shopping, WITH the girlfriend. Don't ask how I got suckered into that one. No, she didn't try anything on with me in the dressing room LOL.

Coming from a guys' perspective, I don't see a need to lie about your bra size. You are who you are. the breasts don't matter to me, actually. Personally, I find the bigger ones to be more a nuisance than better. Yes, there are guys out there who don't care!
Go ahead and stop by my website: My Site

jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cookie
apt-get: cookie not found
jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cake
apt-get: cake not found[/font][/center]

#268 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:08 PM

i am just going to say it now i hate victorias secret with a passion.

i wear harlequin bandeau and balconette bras when i want something sexy (these bras are insanely expensive)
i wear panache tshirt bras when im feeling like crap.

all my bras are underwire and lightly padded none are push up because well as one jerk woman once said "women of your bust size have enough breast already and dont need to push up any of it"

#269 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:37 PM

View PostJguy, on 14 June 2010 - 02:29 PM, said:

the bigger ones to be more a nuisance than better.

I think most women with larger breasts feel the same way!!! I'm not even that big, but its annoying getting the feeling of crumbs in your bra or on your chest >.< Like my Grandma says, "Its like a table!"... Then again shes a GGG. Natural. This scares everyone that I tell this to.

But really with the topic of breasts..fake breasts...WHY!?!?!? They look nasty, they dont feel the same and you pay tons of money to get cut up, potentially have scars (or a mishap). Its just not worth it. Also Ive seen those girls that get huuuge breats implants...there is no reason for that! Think of the medical issues youre going to have when you get older. Bad back anyone? Ask any woman who has natural large breasts and they'll tell you its not as great as you think.

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#270 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:22 PM

I don't see much the point of fake breasts. (Well besides the obvious. lol) They just look....weird, and unnatural, and they just aren't cool. I just don't see why females who are already a decent size want to step it up a notch. I can see about ones who aren't so lucky since well even if there are a few of us guys who don't care about the size, so they feel like they have to, so they can fit in.

It's funny that humans are the only creatures that are so absorbed in breasts. lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users