Girl Talk!

#211 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:17 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 11 June 2010 - 10:12 PM, said:

Well Ms. Puddin (lol took that out of the dusty bookshelf) do you fancy some tampons? lol

Serve me up, J-Caeks.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#212 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:31 PM

View PostStormy-chan, on 11 June 2010 - 08:42 PM, said:

I believe that if you are not happy alone, then how can you be happy with someone else??

Oh that's just lovely...
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#213 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:52 PM

View Postmendokuse, on 11 June 2010 - 09:20 PM, said:

General consensus from the women in my life - pads with wings.
'Nuff said.
Oh, and we'll have kids when we feel we're ready and not a moment before! Though practice makes perfect, ne?

I'll drink to that! (The wings part...lol jk. I mean the makin babies practice)
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#214 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:53 PM

View PostSka_Toranpetta, on 11 June 2010 - 10:52 PM, said:

makin babies practice)

tee hee

ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#215 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:01 PM

View PostKii, on 11 June 2010 - 10:53 PM, said:

tee hee

ScANdALous!!!!!!! ㅇㅅㅇ ㅎ_ㅎ ಠ_ಠ

Ewwwww.....

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#216 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 12 June 2010 - 01:20 AM

Wow. Pushing the pg13 limit tonight guys. lol
No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#217 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18295

Posted 12 June 2010 - 01:21 AM

*tears of joy* we used to have one these until it got infiltrated and alot of the male gender almost didn't make it out here with their eye sight lmao!!

so whats the topic saw something about not having babies but just enjoying the practice <_< yeah im down with that lol
and being happy alone is quite nice yet i won't discourage myself from having male entertainment every now and again but im well aware its not something i truly NEED for fulfillment but it helps

The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me
Check Art My Dev art page
AIM ME: dsbabygyrl2021

#218 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:34 AM

"Male entertainment"

Oh, Sakura! You player!

#219 User is offline   Stormy-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 51456

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:56 AM

View PostKirbyFanOne, on 11 June 2010 - 08:54 PM, said:

So basically those of us who are unhappy by being alone, should not even try to find someone to make them happy, or...?

No no that's not what i mean, i guess i should clarify. I simply think that if you are unhappy find out why? I have plenty of girl friends who think a guy will make their life better and happy. But it never works because they are unhappy with something in their life, be it whatever the reason. You expect your happiness to always come from being with someone. Everyone should have interests that make them happy, art, music, drawing, anime, ect. You need to find what your lacking or why your unhappy, before diving into a relationship to try and hide the reasons for your sadness. People and friends can make you happy, but you should have more in life besides just people. There are so many things to do, and activities. Granted said activities can include people but that's a way to expand interests and make new friends. A new hobby can change ones mindset, and improve upon your own self image. If you appear more outgoing and are happier, it makes it easier for people to see you that way to. Then they want to be near you or get to know you.

It is only my view on things though. My life experiences have brought me to this line of thinking. I was geeky, quiet, shy, and lonely in high school, then i hit the real world. I made a choice to make myself happy so i felt better about me. I found that by doing this it helped me come out and be more outgoing, and i found friends after that that have made lasting relationships. I like to learn new things and outside of high school i figured out that that is okay. Being a geek can be fun, loving anime is not limited to just a few people (finding Acen was the best thing ever), and being interested in how things work, or watching the nature or discovery channel is not just for older people. I found ways to be happy with myself and this in turn made it easier to be happy in life. Everyone has hard times, and bad experiences but don't let those color your whole out look on life. If you live in the past to much you might miss the better future. Be it with someone or not.

Does that help any?? If you are happy with where your life is now, Then great :) I wish you luck with finding someone special. Just don't base your happiness on always being with someone else.

*reviews post hope that all made sense....*

#220 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:14 AM

View PostStormy-chan, on 12 June 2010 - 08:56 AM, said:

No no that's not what i mean, i guess i should clarify. I simply think that if you are unhappy find out why? I have plenty of girl friends who think a guy will make their life better and happy. But it never works because they are unhappy with something in their life, be it whatever the reason. You expect your happiness to always come from being with someone. Everyone should have interests that make them happy, art, music, drawing, anime, ect. You need to find what your lacking or why your unhappy, before diving into a relationship to try and hide the reasons for your sadness. People and friends can make you happy, but you should have more in life besides just people. There are so many things to do, and activities. Granted said activities can include people but that's a way to expand interests and make new friends. A new hobby can change ones mindset, and improve upon your own self image. If you appear more outgoing and are happier, it makes it easier for people to see you that way to. Then they want to be near you or get to know you.

It is only my view on things though. My life experiences have brought me to this line of thinking. I was geeky, quiet, shy, and lonely in high school, then i hit the real world. I made a choice to make myself happy so i felt better about me. I found that by doing this it helped me come out and be more outgoing, and i found friends after that that have made lasting relationships. I like to learn new things and outside of high school i figured out that that is okay. Being a geek can be fun, loving anime is not limited to just a few people (finding Acen was the best thing ever), and being interested in how things work, or watching the nature or discovery channel is not just for older people. I found ways to be happy with myself and this in turn made it easier to be happy in life. Everyone has hard times, and bad experiences but don't let those color your whole out look on life. If you live in the past to much you might miss the better future. Be it with someone or not.

Does that help any?? If you are happy with where your life is now, Then great :) I wish you luck with finding someone special. Just don't base your happiness on always being with someone else.

Happy...also stable. I think you have to understand yourself more than anything and accept yourself. If you're indeed not happy with yourself and don't understand why, then if you get in a relationship you will only complain to your partner and they will most likely leave you for a good reason. No one wants to go into a relationship and wind up with the weight of 2 people on themselves instead. And no one deserves that either.

:shuriken:
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#221 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:23 AM

I still believe that there are people like myself, who are simply unhappy because they are alone. There is no other reason making me feel bad, and apart from my roommates attempting to interrupt me, I do what I enjoy every single day. I program, it makes me happy, but only slightly. Even though I do what I enjoy it doesn't take away from the fact that I'm alone, and I have to watch my roommates making out simultaneously in the living room, or even just talking with their girls. I'm sure there are people that, like you mentioned, are unhappy with something specific and will bring too much baggage to a relationship to work... but there are also those who just simple cannot stand being alone.
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#222 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:32 AM

View PostSuigetsu, on 12 June 2010 - 10:14 AM, said:

Happy...also stable. I think you have to understand yourself more than anything and accept yourself. If you're indeed not happy with yourself and don't understand why, then if you get in a relationship you will only complain to your partner and they will most likely leave you for a good reason. No one wants to go into a relationship and wind up with the weight of 2 people on themselves instead. And no one deserves that either.

:shuriken:

Wow, QFT. I'm actually pretty darn baffled at how well that describes my previous relationship. He didnt know where he was going in life and constantly complained that he needed to do "more" and have a better self esteem but all that did was just make him feel worse and weighing that upon me. I was a fool to think that I could have helped him, but I tried. I also didnt know what direction to take in life and it was unfair for him as well to deal with that, but granted I'm glad it happened because I learned alot about myself.

I truly believe that after that experience what you wrote definitely speaks the truth. You have to understand yourself and your needs and need to get into a relationship to add that extra spark to the person instead of trying to change them or 'make them better'.

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#223 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 12 June 2010 - 01:21 PM

I would agree with you for the most part, but I do believe some people's only source of sadness is being alone. But I've seen too many who are in fact, thinking "oh if I get a bf/gf, I WILL be happy", and they find someone too quickly, stuff falls apart, and just pain and suffering happens. (Those people are ALWAYS those that complain about not having someone all the time. I see it so often on facebook. "Blah blah blah I hate life, why does no one love me?!!!!" are the status I see so often from some people. I wont name names since one of those people I seen complain so much is (well did) post here a decent amount.

Anyways tho, there are some people who I believe are happy with life, but really are just down because they are alone. Thing is with that tho, they are too busy enjoying life to sit and complain about not having so or so, OR they don't even act like it. I think it's too black and white that everyone has other things then love to make them unhappy, however I would say most are unhappy about many things. (I'm quite sure however, you didn't mean everyone. Just those who think that is the only thing, when there are other things)

Also not to pick on you Ranko, but from how I've been seeing you post, and what things that have been bugging you, I'd have to take a good guess that you are one of those who are unhappy with more then one thing, but maybe don't know it, or kinda want to down play it. Not trying to get the topic to go back in that direction, but I'd say first fix the stuff that you can in life. Those roommates you have ARE a big part. As Ska said, you DON'T want to have something to drag someone you are dating down. Everyone has problems, so they don't need to carry two loads.

But yeah, as with Stormy, I kinda know a decent amount of females like that, and I think that leads to the finding of bad people. Once your self worth is up, then I think a whole new world opens up. (And on sad worth, sad as it is, almost literally 98% of the girls that are either close, or pretty close, or once was close suffers from low self worth. But it's a more quiet, you'll never know it unless they open up. It's funny that it's mostly us guys complaining about self confidence, when in fact, it is the same, or even more females who feel the same, but never really say much about it. (Well they may let it slip like when they post pics somewhere for the first time or other times with like cosplay. But it's the guys who kinda go all out with the self beating party. lol) -my attempt at trying to stay on topic. lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#224 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2010 - 01:40 PM

you know the saying "If you don't love yourself what makes you think you could love someone else"
now don't get me wrong ive been in love and that feeling is GRAND but it failed im a little bitter i admit just a teeny bit and wish things had ended differently but it is what it is

if not for my ex i would not know alot of you guys it is he who got me into Anime and going to ACen and i came out of it with alot of friends and how i the heck could be mad at him for that *shakefist*

on another note im excited to have a bonding experience at the end of the month with girlfriends i made last year at ACen and random Acen forum meetups i don't care what anyone thinks females need good female friends and for the longest longest time i didn't feel i needed any what can i say ALOT of women are shady i made better with guy friends but now i appreciate having female friends now and hope we all continue to be friends
how do you guys feel about that? i mean sure i still love hanging and talking to my guy friends
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me

#225 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2010 - 01:57 PM

View PostLADY SAKURA, on 12 June 2010 - 01:40 PM, said:

you know the saying "If you don't love yourself what makes you think you could love someone else"
now don't get me wrong ive been in love and that feeling is GRAND but it failed im a little bitter i admit just a teeny bit and wish things had ended differently but it is what it is

if not for my ex i would not know alot of you guys it is he who got me into Anime and going to ACen and i came out of it with alot of friends and how i the heck could be mad at him for that *shakefist*

on another note im excited to have a bonding experience at the end of the month with girlfriends i made last year at ACen and random Acen forum meetups i don't care what anyone thinks females need good female friends and for the longest longest time i didn't feel i needed any what can i say ALOT of women are shady i made better with guy friends but now i appreciate having female friends now and hope we all continue to be friends
how do you guys feel about that? i mean sure i still love hanging and talking to my guy friends

I actually hear that alot. Like alot of females having more male friends. I never really understood that beside the point of "females will stab you in the back" reasons. lol Ironically, I have more females friends in the chicagoland area, but almost exclusively male friends here. I think the only problem is the awkward times a guy falls for a female friend and the feelings aren't the same.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#226 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:11 PM

I guess so, it's just right now life is extremely stagnant. The whole "not getting anywhere" feeling.

Sure I'm meeting people, that's the fact. I'm just trying to find a way to get out of this town and closer to where more interesting things happen that peak my interests, and indeed these people. This includes people of both genders, not just of the opposite sex. So once I establish myself then I can move on.

It's just the "establish myself" part is stalling out...
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#227 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:37 PM

View PostLADY SAKURA, on 12 June 2010 - 01:40 PM, said:

I don't think that quote is entirely true. I wish I could find what Ishoku Osero said about that quote. It was in another relationship-type thread. I'll have to search for it.

Why do preggos rub their belly and/or put their hands on their belly all the time? What's so fascinating about doing that?

This post has been edited by Lina: 12 June 2010 - 06:38 PM

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#228 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:56 PM

Probably a few things:

1 There's a living thing in there.
2 It's moving.
3 "Holy crap, my belly is so big!"
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#229 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:02 PM

Lina well i would think its because they are fascinated by what's growing inside of their belly or it is their way of say carassing their child and then it kicks lol maybe one day we will find out

and yes Xeno there are some of girls who just feel much better having male friends guys are pretty simple creatures it don't take very much to impress you and we just be ourselves where as around other women there is always this competition thing going on and for me thats very annoying im not competing with anybody if you can't just like me the way iam then please homegirl don't bother lol and don't let a man get into the picture some girls just go waaay to far stealing other chicks boyfriends and husbands its getting ridiculous

Facebook Me

#230 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:46 PM

View PostLADY SAKURA, on 12 June 2010 - 07:02 PM, said:

Lina well i would think its because they are fascinated by what's growing inside of their belly or it is their way of say carassing their child and then it kicks lol maybe one day we will find out

and yes Xeno there are some of girls who just feel much better having male friends guys are pretty simple creatures it don't take very much to impress you and we just be ourselves where as around other women there is always this competition thing going on and for me thats very annoying im not competing with anybody if you can't just like me the way iam then please homegirl don't bother lol and don't let a man get into the picture some girls just go waaay to far stealing other chicks boyfriends and husbands its getting ridiculous

I've actually been getting barraged by the non simpleness right now. lol Well i was, it was like all the cases died down at once. I never get why stuff gets so complicated between friends. You know, it does have to suck worrying about that all the time. But I'm sure there are many honest ones out there too. IMO, those just sound like a lot of immature traits. :( I remember what my friend told me, the only reason why guys don't drag stuff out is cuz we will beat each other up. (It happened before. Me and my good friend WAYYY back in the day got into an argument...I was making fun of his "girlfriend" (this was like 3rd grade XD) so he said we had to fight. He was pretty ticked at me, and later that day we did fight. The next day after that, we both talked to each other like it never happened. lol True story) Maybe if females slugged it out, stuff might be simple. :D lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#231 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:51 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 12 June 2010 - 08:46 PM, said:

Maybe if females slugged it out, stuff might be simple. :D lol

I've always believed that, but (most) girls are taught not to physically fight because "it's not ladylike", and girls who do fight obtain horrible reputations.

Instead, they learn the sneaky and underhanded arts of subterfuge and psychological warfare to destroy each other mentally. That's why girls who say they hate other girls hate them so much.
Acen Attendee since 2001

#232 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:02 PM

View Postthis_chick25, on 12 June 2010 - 08:51 PM, said:

I've always believed that, but (most) girls are taught not to physically fight because "it's not ladylike", and girls who do fight obtain horrible reputations.

Instead, they learn the sneaky and underhanded arts of subterfuge and psychological warfare to destroy each other mentally. That's why girls who say they hate other girls hate them so much.

Yeah I know. That is the problem. From those who do fight and have "that" reputation, you don't have to worry about them being underhanded. lol Quite seriously, since every single tough female that I know, most are true and simple like a guy. Cuz they aren't afraid to punch someone. lol

But thing is, attacking the mental state can and does do more damage then what any punch could ever do.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#233 User is offline   Foolish Humon 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 31104

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:09 PM

I believe it was Louis C.K. who said something along the lines of: men and women have different ways of attacking. Men attack more physically and the wounds you take heal over time, but women attack mentally and cause damage that may not heal no matter how long you live. XD

This post has been edited by Foolish Humon: 12 June 2010 - 09:18 PM

"At the start Henry either dies or has sex, leaving not-Sarah to fall in love with or not in love with a shark, a squid, a pebble, a policeman or none or all of the above."
~*~ Behold my Manga, Cosplay, Artwork and Facebook ! ~*~
Look for me as time skip Sanji from One Piece at ACen 2012!

#234 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:09 PM

I know. I used to physically fight with my own sister for using such tactics (she was a "mean girl"), and I have to deal with the "female politics" at my job. I really hate being female when I witness what we are capable of doing to each other.
Acen Attendee since 2001

#235 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:16 PM

Well mental wounds can heal, it just takes ALOT longer. lol

And yes T_C I know. I probably know just about every story you have haha. But yeah stuff like that does suck, but I guess it'll be a boring planet if everyone was so simple. Or would it be easy? lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#236 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:54 PM

View PostLADY SAKURA, on 12 June 2010 - 07:02 PM, said:

having male friends guys are pretty simple creatures it don't take very much to impress you

I resent that. Men are not simp--

BOOBS!

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Squirrels and boobs!"

This post has been edited by sentinel28a: 12 June 2010 - 11:54 PM

See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#237 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:14 AM

I was wondering, what kind of make-up do you use? I'm trying to find a good base. I usually buy Clinque's City Base, but I thought it would be worth a shot to ask all of you. :P
No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#238 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:21 AM

I usually dont wear makeup, but when I do I use a foundation called Maybellines Matte Mousse. Just recently found that...I dont know anything about makeup. I fail as a girl lol Hell I cant even apply it without looking weird but when I do modeling or fashion shows they makeup artists use that on me.
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#239 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:24 AM

View Postkungpowkirby, on 13 June 2010 - 12:14 AM, said:

I was wondering, what kind of make-up do you use? I'm trying to find a good base. I usually buy Clinque's City Base, but I thought it would be worth a shot to ask all of you.

Erm....mascara. That's it.

But I have a friend who knows a lot about makeup, and frequently bombards me with knowledge that I don't need. Or maybe I need it, but I won't use it.

Since it's summer, I'd try M.A.C. Prep and Primer Protect with SPF 50.

#240 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:27 AM

:/

I can deal with make-up on a more permanent level. Ever apply facial blush to a 1/3 scale doll before ^^;
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users