• This topic is locked

Girl Talk!

#1 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:23 PM

I thought it was time to have a place where girl talk was centralized. Talk about boys/guys/men/whatever you want to call them. We all need advice, a place to squee, or a place to rant. This is a safe place to do it. That being said, boys are welcome but be warned that there will probably be a lot of girly/mushy/whatever stuff. If your uncomfortable with this, then dont participate.

(Please see a few posts later than this one for a cute story, I dont want to double post)
I have had my share if troubles the last few days. Starting off with one of the "He likes me, and I sorta like him, but I'm not sure if its enough. I don't want to hurt him though." The, all he wants is ____ --he already has a girlfriend and let me think he didn't, -- as well as -- the guy thinks I like him more than I do, and gets angry about it! Also, the inevitable,"I miss him! OH LOOK HE JUST BROKE UP WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND!". Now all these, in my own way, have been solved and is no way drama or drama wanting. (I did NOT post this looking for any or to start any, so don't try to. *shakes fist sarcastically*)

Its always nice in these situations to read about other peoples problems or blessings. I like to know I'm not alone in the universe. So please post the good, the bad, the fabulous, the ugly, and the generally confusing situations. I for one will do my best to help or just cheer you on!

Please! Keep the discussion within the forum guildlines. No talk about illegal things or serious talk about hurting people. PG-13 and under only and dont use real or screen names.

This post has been edited by kungpowkirby: 07 June 2010 - 07:35 PM

I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#2 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:38 PM

*cough*

Girls are stupid too

*cough*

I've been screwed over by girls too many times, and no offense to you, but it kinda makes me twitch when I see "guys are evil topics" lol

Just wanted to get that off. Maybe make it a guys and girls suck topic?
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#3 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:41 PM

Before this gets out of hand.

Please, do not bash each other! I'm keeping a close eye on this topic.

~~

#4 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:54 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 07 June 2010 - 06:38 PM, said:

I've been screwed over by girls too many times, and no offense to you, but it kinda makes me twitch when I see "guys are evil topics" lol

quoted for emphasis, no offense... but I might as well star in the next kingdom hearts after what I went through in high school. Sorry for the fail heartless pun lol, couldn't resist.
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#5 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:57 PM

This is not a bad thread guys so please dont make it sound like it. Its just in general girl talk thread. as there tends to be alot of rant/advice threads. This is no different. If it gets out of hand I will ask for it to be shut down personally.
I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#6 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:07 PM

View Postkungpowkirby, on 07 June 2010 - 06:57 PM, said:

This is not a bad thread guys so please dont make it sound like it. Its just in general girl talk thread. as there tends to be alot of rant/advice threads. This is no different. If it gets out of hand I will ask for it to be shut down personally.

More power to you about this, but I think in fairness it should be general since both sexes tend to get screwed over by the opposite sex (or the same sex for those who aren't into opposites) Since most advice and rants i've seen here have been from both sexes. Sides, I wouldn't it be interesting to hear both different sides? :D
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#7 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 29826

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:08 PM

i will start out i was at the mall around some holiday i guess and some little kid wipped his boogers all over me i got uber pissed off and said to my bf at the time omg this is so disgusting i cant take this all these freaking stupid people.
he then said i was being rude and ignorant, mind you i have issues with random little kids using me as a tissue box and people smashing in to me just for no reason than them wanting to buy their 5/15$ soaps at bath and body works.

so mister perfect got what was coming to him, he always had me drive because "i dont know the area" well HA, he said to me 'you are being rude and ignorant' i went off (never tell the person with the car keys shes being rude and ignorant) 'YOU WANT TO SEE RUDE AND IGNORANT?! YOU WANT RUDE AND IGNORANT?!?! ILL SHOW YOU RUDE AND IGNORANT!!!'

got to my car, opened my door, got in, closed and locked my door, put on belt, turned on my radio loudest song that had a screw you sound to it. made sure it was clear backed out and left him there yelling my name. rolled down the window and just stuck out my hand to wave good bye.

guess where his car was... in front of my house across town. yeah we broke up but i showed him what rude and ignorant really is.
the one the only princess neon plaid mix'n'match confusion of colour

#8 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:10 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 07 June 2010 - 07:07 PM, said:

More power to you about this, but I think in fairness it should be general since both sexes tend to get screwed over by the opposite sex (or the same sex for those who aren't into opposites) Since most advice and rants i've seen here have been from both sexes. Sides, I wouldn't it be interesting to hear both different sides? :D

LOL sure why not! :P Though I kinda envisioned this as girl talk, we can do both. :P

#9 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:16 PM

As everyone can see, the topic has been changed to reflect kungpowkirby's intentions with the thread (of course with her permission.)

I trust everyone to keep this conversation positive and civil :)

Have fun!
~~

#10 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:18 PM

View Postkungpowkirby, on 07 June 2010 - 07:10 PM, said:

LOL sure why not! :P Though I kinda envisioned this as girl talk, we can do both. :P

Actually a while back, there was a topic like that. But that was before most of these people here even posted tho. (Jeez I've been here for a while. lol) But that topic is long since archived. Died kinda fast. I think it'll help to have it more or less open for both. lol

Just gotta watch out for those that will use this to complain about being single or something, and then blaming the opposite sex for it.

EDIT...Nevermind after seeing Red post. I guess I'll make a male version or something.

This post has been edited by XenoBlade: 07 June 2010 - 07:19 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#11 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:19 PM

I will say the first positive thing! So, about a month back I met a guy and he was amazingly sweet. He sent me messages when my ex was being butt(dont you love those days) and told me everything a girl would want to hear. Your gorgous, sexy, ect ect. He just made me feel truly beautiful for the first time in my life. Nothing romantically happened with him, as we live in different states and he's busy ALL THE TIME. We still keep in contact though. He's like one of those guys that kinda sneak up on you and make you smile. I'm so greatful to him for this.

Has anything like this ever happened to anyone?

View PostXenoBlade, on 07 June 2010 - 07:18 PM, said:

(one more topic change redx? lol to like maybe omnisex talk? XD)

My topic, my name. ;) j/k

#12 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 29826

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:20 PM

View Postredx1, on 07 June 2010 - 07:16 PM, said:

As everyone can see, the topic has been changed to reflect kungpowkirby's intentions with the thread (of course with her permission.)

I trust everyone to keep this conversation positive and civil :)

Have fun!

us civil... did you forget where you are?!
the one the only princess neon plaid mix'n'match confusion of colour

#13 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:23 PM

Me being a psych head, and bored out of my mind, I'll probably stick around anyways. I would say a certain phrase that basically means "not gay" but I dunno if that will offend anyone, so I'll just say I'll add stuff in but I don't play for that team.

And I thought you ladies like being called "beatiful and pretty" instead of "sexy and hot" since it more of objectifies and makes it sound like they have intentions?

This post has been edited by XenoBlade: 07 June 2010 - 07:25 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#14 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:23 PM

View PostZomgBlue, on 07 June 2010 - 07:20 PM, said:

I know you guys can do it! I have faith in you all :D

Anyways, topic says I'm not allowed in here anymore. Okay, I'm leaving ;)
~~

#15 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:26 PM

View PostZomgBlue, on 07 June 2010 - 07:20 PM, said:

Be good Blue! ;)

View Postredx1, on 07 June 2010 - 07:23 PM, said:

ROFL! No your allowed, just I take no responsibility if you feel uncomfy with girly and/or mushy stuff, etc. ;)

View PostXenoBlade, on 07 June 2010 - 07:23 PM, said:

Me being a psych head, and bored out of my mind, I'll probably stick around anyways. I would say a certain phrase that basically means "not gay" but I dunno if that will offend anyone, so I'll just say I'll add stuff in but I don't play for that team.

And I thought you ladies like being called "beatiful and pretty" instead of "sexy and hot" since it more of objectifies and makes it sound like they have intentions?

LOL I'm going to edit the intentions right now... or tomorrow, depending when i have to get off... /sigh

Anyways, yes we do like to get those comments usually, however, coming from this person it was DEFINATELY a positive comment.

This post has been edited by kungpowkirby: 07 June 2010 - 07:27 PM

#16 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:28 PM

View Postredx1, on 07 June 2010 - 07:23 PM, said:

True men break rules! Or the really bored ones....haha >_>

Also ms. KPkirby, you would be the first to tell me that. lol I've been told by many they rather not be called that. Personally, I would use "pretty" towards like someone I know and talk to and mean to use a compliment. I'd use Hot for someone who is like walking down a hallway I'll never see again. Not to mention when you hang with your buds, it's sounds kinda lame to go like "Wow, gee whiz she sure is a pretty one." lol

This post has been edited by XenoBlade: 07 June 2010 - 07:31 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#17 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:33 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 07 June 2010 - 07:28 PM, said:

True men break rules! Or the really bored ones....haha >_>

Also ms. KPkirby, you would be the first to tell me that. lol I've been told by many they rather not be called that. Personally, I would use "pretty" towards like someone I know and talk to and mean to use a compliment. I'd use Hot for someone who is like walking down a hallway I'll never see again. Not to mention when you hang with your buds, it's sounds kinda lame to go like "Wow, gee whiz she sure is a pretty one." lol

Normally, it is a diss. I dont usually like to be objectified. This guy has special exemption. There will always be these cases. However, as a general rule, its not a good idea.

#18 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42

I know what you mean.
There was a really nice guy that I meat in choir, and whenever I was feeling bad he was always around to cheer me up. We went out as friends a lot- he even too me to see Les Misz!!! I miss him now, we lost contact when I went off to college. I realized later that he had a major crush on me, but I did not date a lot in high school. I wanted to find out who I was before throwing someone else in the mix.

Then I meat my hubby my last year in college. Some days I still have trouble believing that in a few months we well have been married for 5 years!! and this month have know each-other for 10 years!!!

Things can work out, it just takes work.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#19 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

INTENTIONS CHANGED!

#20 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:49 PM

View Postsammy-45, on 07 June 2010 - 07:33 PM, said:

I know what you mean.
There was a really nice guy that I meat in choir, and whenever I was feeling bad he was always around to cheer me up. We went out as friends a lot- he even too me to see Les Misz!!! I miss him now, we lost contact when I went off to college. I realized later that he had a major crush on me, but I did not date a lot in high school. I wanted to find out who I was before throwing someone else in the mix.

Then I meat my hubby my last year in college. Some days I still have trouble believing that in a few months we well have been married for 5 years!! and this month have know each-other for 10 years!!!

Things can work out, it just takes work.

First Ms. KPkirby. I wouldn't consider it a diss, just more of a guy either as I said earlier, having intentions, or just not being good with words. There CAN be worse to be called other then hot as sad as it is.

Now to Ms. Sammy. That first guy is the tragedy of all the nice guys. He didn't say diddlysquat about his feelings. What I would like to think is that nice guys are bad at actual flirting, and they use nice gestures and doing sweet things as their flirting, basically saying, HEY I LIKE YOU, with body language. However the female sees it as being more of a friend since they tend to be more emotionally driven. No lie, I use to ride that same boat. I can discuss why some guys take the nice path, but I'll leave that story for another time. That is why nice guys finish last. They never start the car. (well at least the overly nice guy) There are other reasons, but that is probably number one for "real" nice guys. I still have yet to find out my own person nice guy faults since I'm not the pansy type with feelings.

Also congrats with your successful marriage. :D

This post has been edited by XenoBlade: 07 June 2010 - 07:52 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#21 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:49 PM

Sorry for my response earlier, certain things just get me upset and I kinda just type away. I do apologize.
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#22 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:00 PM

Girls rule, Boys drool.

It's simple logic. lol

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#23 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:06 PM

View PostLina, on 07 June 2010 - 08:00 PM, said:

Girls rule, Boys drool.

Depends on what the girl is wearing.

I can post on this topic...I was a girl once.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"For six hours"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#24 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:09 PM

View Postsentinel28a, on 07 June 2010 - 08:06 PM, said:

Depends on what the girl is wearing.

I can post on this topic...I was a girl once.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"For six hours"

LOL!!!

You totally can! I wish I was there for it too! D;

ACen '14 Cosplay

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#25 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:13 PM

View PostLina, on 07 June 2010 - 08:00 PM, said:

Kings rule, Dogs drool.

It's simple logic. lol

Corrected for accuracy. lol XD
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#26 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:23 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 07 June 2010 - 08:13 PM, said:

Corrected for accuracy. lol XD

Psh. You're just jealous that you can't be a girl.
ACen '14 Cosplay

#27 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:27 PM

@Kirby- I used to be in a long distant relationship for about 4 years back when I was in high school and things went pretty much exactly like how you described them. We were a really great couple and could talk on the phone for hours. I mean the longest phone conversation we had was a little over 24 hours. Now THAT is ridiculous lol but not to say this is going to happen to you...he ended up cheated on me the last 6 months of our relationship and his best friend kept telling me it was happening but ya know how it is when you think your 'so much in love' and keep telling yourself its not happening and thats what I did, till I called him late at night and that girl answered his phone...yah...Not the greatest feeling in the world. But anywho, I got over it. I actually saw him at Acen again a last year after not seeing him for 4 years and I was like...wow, he definitely wasnt worth all the crying over lol

So long distant relationships have a high percentage of breakup rates, but thats not to say that people cant make it happen because I know people that have and they finally moved by eachother and are great couples so depending on the people, it can work. lol so thats my rant on LDR's

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#28 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:19 PM

I've tried the long distance relationship too, and I doubt I'd do it again. It's one thing to meet a person and get to know them online, and maybe even develop some feelings, but eventually something will have to give and one person will have to move to at least get close to each other. I just need that physical affection. ;w;
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#29 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:56 PM

I talked to a girl once...true story...
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#30 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:43 PM

View Postwrexness, on 07 June 2010 - 09:19 PM, said:

I've tried the long distance relationship too, and I doubt I'd do it again. It's one thing to meet a person and get to know them online, and maybe even develop some feelings, but eventually something will have to give and one person will have to move to at least get close to each other. I just need that physical affection. ;w;

If I wasnt in a relationship I wouldnt do long distant relationships ever again either. I love the snuggling too much. Two of my cousins are married to military men and I could NEVER be those women. I mean...wow they really have it tough and more power to them if they can do it and keep being faithful <---KEY. But then again I dont really feel bad for them because they knew what they were getting themselves into...plus they get tons of benefits lol.

View PostFlyingElf, on 07 June 2010 - 09:56 PM, said:

I talked to a girl once...true story...

No way! :P
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

• 30 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users