Anime Central Forums: Idaho Conventions. - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Idaho Conventions. What You thought Idaho was nothing but Potatoes and Gem Stones?

#1 User is offline   Pattrick 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 58475

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:21 PM

Yes, Idaho has anime cons.
in fact three of them plus a fourth with an anime flavor. (what's it taste like? Pocky, Ramen and birthday cake flavored Ice Cream)

I've been to the three that are established and I'm running the newest of the batch.

Anime Oasis just had it's 2010 edition and I heard it was good. (1000 or so attendees) It's the current eldest Convention in the state.
it's where I met Vic and was held in it's largest venue to date this year in Boise.
Anime Oasis Final's website

Fandemonium is the largest FAN convention in the state (Verified as such) it's a multi genre event held at the Nampa Civic Center the first full weekend in August.
It's been host to numerous infamous events including most likely the largest Boffer based events in the state. It's also the second eldest convention in the state.
It's run by a mountain of a man simply known as Boreno, who natives can't miss where he's at because of his size and his van which promotes the con and sports personalized plates with his name on them.
Fandemonium's website

Tomodachi Fest is a spin off convention of sorts from Anime Oasis, it's held at the former venue of Anime Oasis during the Black Friday Weekend in November (the Friday after Thanksgiving). It's in it's third year this year.
Tomodachi Fest's website

Ani Ida Con is the baby of the four con's in Idaho. It's FIRST event is in March of 2011 and is in the former venue of Anime Oasis (Boise Airport Holiday Inn ). It's also the convention I'm operating. It's to be held the weekend prior to St. Patrick's Day. Also I brought fliers and tickets with me to ACEN this year and some persons may have gotten free tickets to attend if they picked up fliers for Boise.
Ani Ida Con's website

Yeah we got Con's out here and Bet you thought it was nothing but spuds.. we got alot more then just tater tots.
South West has great deals to Boise from most locations and we are a welcoming bunch!

I hope to see some people from here out and about in Idaho some day! (Aside from my good friend Dark Side Photo)

#2 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:49 PM

Hello Pattrick.

Welcome to the Anime Central forums ^_^
~~

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked