• This topic is locked

Thinking of moving to Chicago I need advice

#31 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:58 PM

Well when we all move over there, then I will. lol Right now, I just want to be able to go there. You know, when we do, we need a house(apartment) warming party. lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#32 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:03 PM

Well, you can go apartment hunting in my area! :3
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#33 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:12 PM

Anything is up as long it isnt too expensive. :D
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#34 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Post icon  Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:50 AM

Im thinking I need to start looking for roomies now, cause I want awesome ones. :P And why am I not included in the awesome visiting Lina, while apartment hunting plans? *sniffles*
I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#35 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:33 PM

Because I assumed you were already coming along. lol
ACen '14 Cosplay

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#36 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:31 PM

hmmm well it depends on when. But Id really REALLY like to!
I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#37 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:33 PM

Weekends work best for me.
ACen '14 Cosplay

#38 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:00 PM

Mount Prospect is a very nice area to live in. I have several in-laws who live in that area, and man, what wouldn't I give to pack us up and shuttle out there too. I really like the Wheeling area, too, as I've worked in and around that area. My husband and I currently live in Mundelein, though - not a bad part, either; we're actually near some of the nicer parts of town, and we're pretty much right smack in the center of a few well-used roads. Unfortunately, this means our rent is a bit on the high side - as is that of many of the buildings near us. It's worth noting, too, that our building is made up of just three units. That's it. No multiple stories, no policies on declaw/nondeclaws, or any of that jazz. With just a handful of tenants in the row at most, at any given time, it makes for a (usually) very comfortable setting...unless your neighbor decides to make his apartment a party outlet. Then it's not so comfortable at times. We're also not far from public transportation, as there's Metra stations not too far from us, as well as Pace stops here and there.

I would highly suggest making a point of meeting and getting to know the landlord as well, if at all possible - or at least the managers you'll be seeing more of. Our landlord is probably one of the coolest on this side of the Mississippi, and to boot, he also runs an auto repair shop up the street from us. (Which makes for some nice bargains when we're in a crunch but need emergency repairs, and we've been living here for a few years now.)
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#39 User is offline   Stkbayfield 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29662

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:04 PM

Serious thing about living in Chicago and it's area, though, is that it exists in only two seasons. Winter and Construction. This joke is not funny if you understand it. The entire highway system (tolled to kingdom come, though it is) will be perpetually two/three lanes down due to Batman escaping from the police in Batman Begins (that's my theory and I'm sticking to it), and despite the toll money, it hikes the heck out of taxes (doesn't IL have like the worst state debt?) which in turn goes to Blagojevich.

Seriously, Illinois is lovely and wonderful, but it gets screwed over a lot more than it really deserves. Did you know we had a baseball team supernaturally cursed by a damn GOAT. Think on that before you move here.

#40 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:24 PM

I love to visit Chicago but I know I couldn't live the same lifestyle there as I do in Columbus. The thing that sucks is the food in Chicago is so much better than in Columbus.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#41 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:03 PM

View PostLina, on 05 June 2010 - 02:33 PM, said:

Weekends work best for me.

Ok. Well I'm planning on coming into Chicago July 15-17th atleast... so maybe somewhere in there I can hang with you too. Assuming the person I'm coming to see doesn't have a problem with that. I don't think he will... XD

#42 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:53 AM

View PostIsamu, on 05 June 2010 - 09:24 PM, said:

I love to visit Chicago but I know I couldn't live the same lifestyle there as I do in Columbus. The thing that sucks is the food in Chicago is so much better than in Columbus.

I've actually only visited the city itself a handful of times...and I've lived in the Midwest for over 25 years. Personally, I like it better that way, as I HATE driving through the city (let alone trying to park there), and I can appreciate the city itself more when I see it every once in a while, rather than every day.

It kinda says something, too, when my first time riding the El was just a year ago. ^^
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#43 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:20 AM

View Postkungpowkirby, on 05 June 2010 - 11:03 PM, said:

Ok. Well I'm planning on coming into Chicago July 15-17th atleast... so maybe somewhere in there I can hang with you too. Assuming the person I'm coming to see doesn't have a problem with that. I don't think he will... XD

I'm busy that weekend.

What's so special about that weekend that like everyone has to plan something then? lol

ACen '14 Cosplay

#44 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:38 AM

View PostLina, on 06 June 2010 - 10:20 AM, said:

I'm busy that weekend.

What's so special about that weekend that like everyone has to plan something then? lol

Well I'm not sure I'm going that weekend now. We will have to see.

You'll come to my kidnapping though right? *bats eyes*

#45 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:55 AM

Apparently I'm being kidnapped the beginning of August, so I may delay my visit till then to conserve funds. However, I'm thinking of making a few rounds to look at apartments. I dont know if it will be anytime soon that I'm moving, but it's still a good idea to see whats out there. Anyone up for joining me? :D

P.S. Thanks to Songstress for editing the topic name for me. ;)

This post has been edited by kungpowkirby: 07 June 2010 - 08:55 AM

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users