• You cannot reply to this topic

What's Next On Your Anime List? Anime Recommendation Thread

#391 User is offline   kitty wolf 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 29897

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

I finished Free! Attack on Titans, Blood Lad, and Danganronpa.
Curently watching
Kill la Kill
RWBY
BlazBlue: Alter Memory

and I gave Diabolik Lovers a chance but I couldn't stand any of the characters.
I also want to finish Sailor stars and pick another classic anime from my list.
ACen 08-Toboe/Wolf's Rain
ACen 11- Yoruichi/Bleach, Sango/Inuyasha
ACen 13 – Yoruichi/Bleach,Rocket Grunt
ACen 14 - Tracksuit Ryuko/Kill la kill

#392 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60865

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

I keep getting told Attack on Titan is pretty awesome, so going to have to check that out.
Otherwise would love to see/read Durarara and D. Gray Man.
I will (hopefully) be attending ACen 2015 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#393 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 59630

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

Finished ---> Free, DanganRonpa, and Attack on Titan (who hasnt really... XD)

Currently watching:
Kill la Kill
Kyoukai no Kanata
Oreimo Season 2 (almost done with it)
Hunter x Hunter 2011 (77/105 episodes in from catching up to the new episodes)

HUNTER X HUNTER IS AMAZING BY THE WAY YOU GUYS. Its become one of my top favorite series now. It was a recommendation from my brother. It's an anime that has practically NO FILLER. I love the writing for this show. It's one of those anime that isn't generic or predictable. I'm always surprised and itching to watch more episodes. It's been a while since an anime has gotten me this hyper and unable to stop watching it. I mean... I'm blown out of the water at how under-rated the show is. It's got great characters, innovative fighting, great humor (thats usually not your generic perverted humor) and isn't one of those anime with cliche harem guys having girls constantly wanting them, panty shots, etc. It's a fighting anime BUT HOLD ON it's got a lot of creative fights, unique powers specific to each character (such as being able to see other peoples memories, being able to conjure weapons, hearing others heartbeats, etc). All of the main characters are male till you get further in, you'll get more somewhat main characters added to the group who are female and you have very important females in the series. They aren't degraded and oversexualized, no, you get strong female opponents, sensei's, and mother figures. You get to grow with the characters and watch them struggle to get stronger, outwit opponents, go through insane trials, and more. Every episode is interesting and leaves you wanting more. I promise. I definitely recommend this series to anyone just looking for a good anime to watch.

Dropped/still kind of iffy on continuing:
Golden Time (kind of stopped after episode 4... not sure if I want to continue)

Waiting for Code Geass Akito the Exiled Movie 2 to get subbed...

Planning on starting/ucpoming stuff Ill be watching:
Uta no prince-sama X-mas Special
Sword Art Online Extra Edition
Persona 3 Movie

Thinking about starting Log Horizon, maybe some more newer series like Servant x Service, Blazblue, Strike the Blood, Infinite Stratos, or watching some older anime I missed... or possibly even watching the Madoka movies. I've seen the whole series just not the movies. Recommendations are welcome, I've seen a good chunk of anime out there... less of the newer stuff, lots of the canon type stuff, but quite a few rare/under-rated series. Also have been meaning to watch Wolf Children.

Upcoming Cosplay: Sinon from Sword Art Online: II / Gun Gale Online
My Upcoming Cons/Events (2015): Kitsune-Kon, Anime Central, Colossalcon, Ramencon

For general questions & questions about forum registration -- EMAIL US.

#394 User is offline   Matt 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1225

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

Currently watching:

B Gata H Kei: 4/12
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: 4/12

Next on my list: High School of the Dead (saw 6 episodes at Anime Crossroads last year, but I want to finish it)
:heart: <span style='color:Magenta'>Proud Secretary of the Plushy Guardian Alliance</span> :heart:

:heart: <span style='color:Blue'>Soldier in The Glomp Team </span> :heart:

<span style='color:DarkSlateBlue'>Member of the Anime Central Association for the Advancement of Bunnykind</span>

#395 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

Waiting for SPACE☆DANDY in January! Really excited for this title, especially now that the dub cast has been announced and we're getting a live simulcast on Toonami. Only a couple more weeks!

Edit: It was wonderful! ;_;

#396 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

Next for me is Ghost in the Shell ARISE Border 3: Ghost Tears. I've watched 1 and 2 so many times already I need a new installment already ;___;.
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#397 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63062

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:26 AM

I'm watching Revolutionary Girl Utena at last! It's quite excellent thus far. I also have my winter season shows. Sakura Trick, Nobunagun, Sonico the Animation, Space Dandy, and Hozuki no Reitetsu.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#398 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

I finally finished Soul Eater, and my cuddle buddy insists and pesters me to watch Cowboy Beebop. So that's next on the list.
ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

Giratina

#399 User is offline   Mock-Kappa 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3036
  • Location:A branch of the Miskatonic University in Sugar Grove, IL.

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

Banner of the Stars I and II.
I don't walk to the beat of a different drummer, I have a whole band including bagpipes.
Undisputed King of the ACen Kaiju Fans. Eater of Spam.
General of the Men's Pocky Garrison
"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'. " -Dave Barry-
Santa is watching you.
Con outlook for 2014: Karoshi-con 2014, C2E2, ACen 2014, Anime Midwest 2014 (staff), G-Fest XXI, and Con Alt Delete?(staff)
ACen Cosplay outlook 14: Gummy The Alligator (MLP), End of Days Santa,Professor Birch (Pokemon), Woodney ( Black Cat).

#400 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58858

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:41 PM

Let's see... since I last posted, I have since finished several things: watched the third Madoka movie, though it took me a month to detangle and express how I truly felt about it. Also watched Children who Chase Lost Voices, which I thought looked fabulous but storywise was disappointing. I prefer Garden of Words and Five Centimeters per Second, thanks.

What else... during last semester at club I enjoyed Jojo's Bizarre Adventure a lot more than I expected, ditto with Hyouka. Next semester's lineup includes Tsuritama, Kobato, Bodacious Space Pirates and Princess Tutu. (Unsure how many of these shows I'll be watching)

On my own, my friend is trying to get me to rewatch Bakemonogatari, and having some success (I dropped it after 10 episodes since I didn't know what the heck was going on). I'm also borrowing original Gundam from another friend and about 2/3 finished, plus working my way through Kill-la-Kill, which is a thorough enjoyment. Eventually will be watching the 2nd season of Silver Spoon with another group of friends. I also finished the 2nd season of Valvrave the Liberator which still wasn't that much of an improvement from the first season.
Never be average... - myself.
When life has no purpose, you're dead already. - Kiba from Wolf's Rain

Planned ACen 2K14 Cosplays:
Lavi (2nd outfit)- D. Gray Man, Lio Izumi- Full Moon wo Sagashite, Rei Ryugazaki (nightclub outfit)- Free!, Kamui Gakupo (Fate/Rebirth outfit)- Vocaloid

My Flickr- click for my photos

#401 User is offline   Matt 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

Next on my list: Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online and AKB0048. I finished watching High School of the Dead and B Gata H Kei, and also recently watched Kokoro Connect, Oreimo (My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute), and Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2. Yep, a lot of anime, the latter three on Crunchyroll.
:heart: <span style='color:Magenta'>Proud Secretary of the Plushy Guardian Alliance</span> :heart:

<span style='color:DarkSlateBlue'>Member of the Anime Central Association for the Advancement of Bunnykind</span>

#402 User is offline   kitty wolf 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 29897

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:57 AM

Finished:
RWBY
Dog x scissors
Diabolik lovers (I don't know why I watched it <_< )
Soul Eater
Blood-c and the movie
Little Witch Academia
Air Gear OVAs

Almost finished

BlazBlue
WitchBlade

And currently watching
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha
Kyoukai no Kanata
watamote
ACen 08-Toboe/Wolf's Rain
ACen 11- Yoruichi/Bleach, Sango/Inuyasha
ACen 13 – Yoruichi/Bleach,Rocket Grunt
ACen 14 - Tracksuit Ryuko/Kill la kill

#403 User is offline   Raenef 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 64953

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:17 AM

Current? Finishing up Bleach because...It needed to be watched.

List?

.//hack, Black Butler (Season 2), Blood C, Blue Exorcist, Blue Submarine no.1, Hellsing, Is this a zombie?, Madoka Magica, Nightwalker, Pandora Hearts, Tales of the Abyss, Tenchi Universe, Tiger & Bunny, and Vampire Princess Miyu.

A few are gonna be rewatchers.
2014 Cosplays
- Canada (Hetalia) (100%)
- Sealand (Hetalia) (100%)
- Neptune (Hyperdemension Neptunia) (87%)
- Blue Link (Legend of Zelda) (98%)

Past Cons
- GenCon (x9), Anime Central (x6), MetroCon (x5), Anime Crossroads (x4), OhayoCon (x1), SugoiCon (x1), AnimeNEXT (x1), (Colossalcon (x1) ( = 28cons)

#404 User is offline   Estellise 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60734

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:19 PM

Currently watching: Kill la Kill, Toradora!, YuruYuri, and Space Dandy.
Rewatching Utena for the fourth time--this time with the boyfriend (which is promising because his reactions are priceless), Rose of Versailles, and KareKano.
EDIT: Also re-watching Blue Exorcist because TOONAMI just started airing it this past Saturday and I really need to get back into it.

This post has been edited by Estellise: 13 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

"Whatever happens, I swear I will change the world."
ACen 2015 cosplay(s):
Yamato "Matt" Ishida -- Digimon Adventure 01
Yoko Littner -- Gurren Lagann

#405 User is offline   ryozu_011 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16745

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:43 PM

I just finished The Devil is a Part-Timer!, so I am currently watching:

1: Yowamushi Pedal (ep. 17)
2: Noragami (ep. 4)
3: Hunter x Hunter 2011 (ep. 107)
4: Space Dandy (ep. 10)

Anime to Watch:

1: Kyoukai no Kanata
2: Space Brothers
3: Buddy Complex
4: Baccano! (cause I just never did, hnngh)
5: Kyousou Giga

Yep. :I
Cosplay Ideas for ACen 2014:
Blue Exorcist: Rin

#406 User is offline   BreBre716 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59491

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:19 AM

Next on my list is hopefully Hajime no Ippo and I need to finish Serial Experiments Lain. I recently watched the 2 episode OVA of Blazing Transfer Student. Pretty goofy, and I enjoyed it.

This post has been edited by BreBre716: 11 March 2014 - 01:21 AM

ACen 2014 COSPLAY

Minako Arisato/FemMC : Persona 3
100%
Misato Katusragi: Neon Genesis Evangelion 100%
Tidus 97%

#407 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:47 PM

Just finished Wake Up, Girls! (LOVED IT!) And I hope to start watching and reading NANA, now that I have much more time now that I'm out of school :).
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#408 User is offline   OtakuRed 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 65477

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:52 AM

Just finished The Devil is a Part Timer. Next will be Heaven's Lost Property, followed by Wata Mote.

#409 User is offline   Matt 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

Currently watching:
Haganai
A Certain Magical Index
A Certain Scientific Railgun
Guilty Crown

Up Next:
The second half of My Bride is a Mermaid (watched the first half two years ago)

All that Funimation is because Funimation-On-Demand is so convenient, and I recently subscribed to the website.

#410 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

Once I finish/catch up with Sword Art Online, I'm going to be starting Oreimo.

#411 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

View PostMatt, on 14 July 2014 - 05:40 PM, said:

Currently watching:
Haganai
A Certain Magical Index
A Certain Scientific Railgun
Guilty Crown

Up Next:
The second half of My Bride is a Mermaid (watched the first half two years ago)

All that Funimation is because Funimation-On-Demand is so convenient, and I recently subscribed to the website.

Index is soooooo good. I love it.

My fiance and I have started Free but she wants to get caught up to the current season really quickly so I may drop that so she can get caught up.

I'm currently watch Sailor Moon Crystal and LOOOOOVING it although not a fan of the new transformation sequences. The 3D animation looks really cheap. Still love the story

Next on my list is getting caught up on The Irregular at Magic High School and starting Aldnoah Zero. Also need to watch this weeks SAO II. Having a hard time enjoying this season. Maybe when the story really gets started I'll enjoy it more.
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Not attending ACen in 2015. Sorry. Maybe 2016

#412 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58858

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:42 PM

Let’s see, during the last semester at club, I only paid attention to Tsuritama and Princess Tutu. This summer, I haven’t been paying attention to much. Watched a few episodes of Thermae Romae (which was very funny), though I couldn’t get into Kyousogiga (watched a few episodes and it looked nice, but the story was all over the place). I thought Humanity has Declined was too air-headed for my tastes and I didn’t pay attention to D-Frag!

On my own (been taking this approach more and more to whittle down my backlog), I have watched K Project along with the movie (both were very enjoyable, despite all their flaws), finished up Kill la Kill (brilliant), the 2nd season of Silver Spoon (also very nice), Gundam 08th MS Team (very enjoyable), Clannad (heartwarming and likeable, but I would have probably enjoyed it more if I watched it several years ago), and Initial D Fifth Stage (loved it- it confirmed that I chose my absolute favorite anime character correctly). On my flight overseas, I watched the Star Driver movie (an absolute disappointment), and the live action Rurouni Kenshin movie (absolutely AMAZING). In terms of trying things, I saw 2 episodes of No Game No Life, and the jury is still out on this one (it could go THIS way and be good, or it could go THIS way and be okay, or it could go THIS way and be terrible or it could go THIS way and be hateful). I can’t decide if the saturated and bright colors are an asset for creativity or a tool of annoyance, nor have I decided on if I will continue watching it or not. As for full commitment, I’m watching the second season of Free! along with Soul Eater (10 episodes in at the moment, so far it’s entertaining but I feel like it’s missing some stuff that keeps me saying I REALLY like it).

Next on the list? Gundam 0083 is a definite, along with Clannad After Story (been told it’s REALLY REALLY SAD), Captain Earth, Initial D Final Stage, and perhaps that Fate/Zero done as a game show anime (forgot the name, a friend showed me an episode and I’m laughing hysterically). Perhaps rewatches of Mawaru Penguindrum and the 2nd and 3rd arcs of Revolutionary Girl Utena if I have time (what’s that?) But when will I get to all this? Who knows?
Never be average... - myself.
When life has no purpose, you're dead already. - Kiba from Wolf's Rain

Planned ACen 2K14 Cosplays:
Lavi (2nd outfit)- D. Gray Man, Lio Izumi- Full Moon wo Sagashite, Rei Ryugazaki (nightclub outfit)- Free!, Kamui Gakupo (Fate/Rebirth outfit)- Vocaloid

My Flickr- click for my photos

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users