• This topic is locked

Summer Plans Fun in the Sun!

#31 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:15 PM

Leaving to Germany in a couple weeks... a little afraid.
When I come back I'll have work on most days : /
Hopefully going on a date soon after I return ^///^
would be nice to hit up ren faire a couple times ..
OH! and Bon Odori in August at Mitsuwa. Finally get to wear my yukata again <3 I hope I get to see some of you there again!
I have a Bookface I have a Bird Sound my snark level is over 9000 : ]
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Compa- hyperdimension nep nep
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#32 User is offline   audaciouska241 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 10462

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:32 PM

View Postjsieczkar, on 01 June 2010 - 03:08 PM, said:

I know Indy is deserving of its Naptown nickname but there are some interesting groups there. I'm not sure if they are still active but I knew of some fairly big euro board game groups in the area, if you are interested in that kind of stuff.

Ugh, that's all there is to do here, play board games. And I believe there's a reason they call them board games. They make you BORED. XD I really hate board games...

#33 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:33 PM

View PostTaiyakiOni, on 01 June 2010 - 10:36 PM, said:

Go to the Ocean~! That's a real beach ^_^

I'd love to, but there's a few problems. 1) I'm broke so no way of getting to the ocean. 2) The beaches of Chicago declared war with me when they wouldn't let me swim. I won't be satisfied until I settle this. ><

Also, I might get to take a trip down to St. Louis and Kansas City now to visit my sisters~. :3
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#34 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:35 PM

I get to drive 300 miles to visit my family for 2 weeks.. then it's back to school!
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#35 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:56 PM

Hmm... I'm planning on going to Chicago at least once in July, possibly again in early August for my birthday. Not sure what else. I'm going to try to make up to California to see my friend Mihn....
No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#36 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:12 AM

View PostTrini, on 02 June 2010 - 10:33 PM, said:

I'd love to, but there's a few problems. 1) I'm broke so no way of getting to the ocean. 2) The beaches of Chicago declared war with me when they wouldn't let me swim. I won't be satisfied until I settle this. ><

Also, I might get to take a trip down to St. Louis and Kansas City now to visit my sisters~. :3

Waging war on Lake Michigan isn't worth it! It's a sucky beach compared to the wonders of the south east coast beaches and coral around Florida... at least the beaches there were nice when I was a kid anyways...

I was thinking of trying to attend Chicago Tardis this summer but then realized that the cost to go is so outrageous that going would cause the universe to explode due to the impossibility of someone as poor as me being able to go to it.

The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#37 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18295

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:28 AM

chicago tardis is in November its my birthday con as as expensive as it may be for just one day i want to see IANTO JONES (Torchwood)
so far a few of us are going to Ren Faire is anyone planning on going July 31st? if so we can make that a meetup
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me
Check Art My Dev art page
AIM ME: dsbabygyrl2021

#38 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 29826

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:31 AM

View Postkungpowkirby, on 02 June 2010 - 11:56 PM, said:

Hmm... I'm planning on going to Chicago at least once in July, possibly again in early August for my birthday. Not sure what else. I'm going to try to make up to California to see my friend Mihn....

you mean come to chicago for my birthday... as you are like 366 days younger than me :P i could take you out for a night of nothing you would remember, or i would either... hmm forget that.
the one the only princess neon plaid mix'n'match confusion of colour

#39 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:31 AM

I'm working & buying a house. I'll have to take a week vaction to move most of the stuff in & then I'm gonna throw a party for all the ACen peeps that can come. Course I still have to wait another week before we close on it.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#40 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:46 AM

View PostTaiyakiOni, on 03 June 2010 - 12:12 AM, said:

[color="#FFA500"]Waging war on Lake Michigan isn't worth it! It's a sucky beach compared to the wonders of the south east coast beaches and coral around Florida... at least the beaches there were nice when I was a kid anyways...

I don't think anyone will be going to Florida's beaches for a while. What with the BP Oil Spill covering the entire gulf coast. Now it hit Florida and Alabama. So it ranks right up there with Lake Michigan now. Dont get me started on the Chicago River now. Beer cans, condoms, and god know what other stuff I see in there. No need for the city to dye it green every St. Pats Day. Its already green from all the pollution :eek:
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#41 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:53 AM

For the summer... hmm lets see.

This Saturday I'm going to the Zombie Walk in Chicago, then the next event would be fathers day which I'll probably be going to Arlington Park with my Grandpa and possibly my Dad and Grandpa in law. After that will be my birthday which I'm planning the party atm, then a 4th of July party, fast forward to August and I've got a Scottish/Irish Games Festival I'm going to and then after that I'm going up to Grand Marais MN to see my family and take a week vacation <3 Thats my summer in a nutshell + miscellaneous grad parties/b-day parties/meetups Oh and the Bon Odori Festival, cant forget that!

and umm back to work lmao

This post has been edited by Ska_Toranpetta : 03 June 2010 - 11:54 AM

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#42 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:35 PM

View PostKitsu-chan, on 03 June 2010 - 12:31 AM, said:

I'm working & buying a house. I'll have to take a week vaction to move most of the stuff in & then I'm gonna throw a party for all the ACen peeps that can come. Course I still have to wait another week before we close on it.

OOOOOOoooo~ A house party! Sounds like fun! Congrats on buying yourself a house in the very near future ^_^
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#43 User is offline   Chocobofan4 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 43918

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:34 PM

I'm going to swim and plan lot's of beach trips.
next week me and my friends are having a cakeoff....

and summer classes. lot's of those ;---;
Cosplay Plans
||Ginjinka Pikachu||Christmas Town Sora||Magnet Rin||Alice in Wonderland||

#44 User is offline   Ishoku Osero 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8641

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:19 AM

Currently I'm just wanting to get over this strep throat or whatever's wrong with me.

After that, the summer will probably just be filled with work, hanging out with friends, taking figure photoshoots, and going to Rocky Horror. There really isn't much else to do.

#45 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:23 AM

Hopefully in August I can hit Cedar Point. Other than that I have no plans.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#46 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:31 AM

I forgot to mention that during the two weeks I'm home from college, I've convinced my mother to pay for my cosplay supplies for this year by telling her it's a Halloween costume. XD
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#47 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:53 PM

I'll be working much of the summer, but I'll be hanging out with my best friend a few times this summer, and my brother and his friend already said that I can come with them to go and see The Last Airbender when it comes out.

I'll also be preparing super early for A-Cen next year (hopefully I can actually stay at the hotel and possibly run a panel) and maybe even go to Anime Milwaukee for a day. Ah the joy.
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#48 User is offline   Matt 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1225

Posted 05 June 2010 - 03:18 PM

I hope to attend a meet-up in Indy sometime this summer, if and when audaciouska241 finalizes the date, time and location :). I'll be in Chicago from July 9th-11th for a friend's birthday party, but am also planning on dropping by the Beach Day meetup at North Avenue Beach on the 9th (won't be going to SoyCon, though). I might also check out West Fest on the 11th. In August, I hope to go to western New York to visit my grandparents; perhaps we'll also do something in honor of their 60th wedding anniversary this summer :D. That's the big plans. I also want to check out the new exhibits at the local zoo, and I'll probably see a few more movies in the theater.
:heart: <span style='color:Magenta'>Proud Secretary of the Plushy Guardian Alliance</span> :heart:

:heart: <span style='color:Blue'>Soldier in The Glomp Team </span> :heart:

<span style='color:DarkSlateBlue'>Member of the Anime Central Association for the Advancement of Bunnykind</span>

#49 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:52 PM

Hang out with the friends I made at ACEN, work on cosplay and get a tan. That's all. xD
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users