• This topic is locked

New Forums! Homg! :0

#91 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:24 PM

I noticed in at least one topic my reply was deleted. If anyone can give me a reason I would appreciate it.
Never mind, it turns out my dumb self was looking at the wrong topic.

This post has been edited by Isamu: 01 June 2010 - 01:27 PM

"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#92 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:27 PM

View PostIsamu, on 01 June 2010 - 01:24 PM, said:

I noticed in at least one topic my reply was deleted. If anyone can give me a reason I would appreciate it.
Never mind, it turns out my dumb self was looking at the wrong topic.

Please PM me and I'll check into it.

NVM xD

#93 User is offline   LC Asuka 

• Main Events ADH
  • Pip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 17129

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:28 PM

I think you misunderstood me, Suigetsu. I'm not looking for a list of all the possible groups; I'm looking for the Group filter to not be considered an advanced filter on the Members List page. If you go there and click on the advanced filters tab, it's a big drop-down menu, was assortment according to Group, Member Name, Ascending/Descending, etc. all at the bottom.

In all honesty, aside from aesthetics I don't see why that whole last row of advanced filters can't be moved into the regular filters. *shrug* I guess I'm just being nit-picky.

This post has been edited by Lunar Crush: 01 June 2010 - 01:31 PM

Main Programming Assistant Manager ~ 2014
Main Programming Staff
~ 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
2014 Cosplay ~ Third Doctor, Magishine/Solaris Knight
I've reversed the polarity of the neutron flow.

#94 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:38 PM

View PostLunar Crush, on 01 June 2010 - 01:28 PM, said:

I think you misunderstood me, Suigetsu. I'm not looking for a list of all the possible groups; I'm looking for the Group filter to not be considered an advanced filter on the Members List page. If you go there and click on the advanced filters tab, it's a big drop-down menu, was assortment according to Group, Member Name, Ascending/Descending, etc. all at the bottom.

In all honesty, aside from aesthetics I don't see why that whole last row of advanced filters can't be moved into the regular filters. *shrug* I guess I'm just being nit-picky.

^^; I wasn't addressing you...

*You just happened to get a post in before mine was fully posted.

This post has been edited by Suigetsu: 01 June 2010 - 01:39 PM

Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#95 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:39 PM

It look nice so far. :D I'm "obsessed" tho? O_O
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#96 User is offline   ninjaxllama 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 17215

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:49 PM

Ooh. I think it does look pretty spiffy. I haven't been on in forever either.
[color="#9932CC"]
ACen 2011 cosplay: Kakashi and Hiro from Gravitation
ACen 2012 cosplay: Hotohori from Fushigi Yugi, Kakashi, Tseng from ff7
ACen 2013 cosplay: Professor Chaos from South Park, Raven from Teen Titans, and Scott Pilgrim
ACen 2014 cosplay: Butters from South Park Stick of Truth, Him from Powerpuff Girls, and Scott Pilgrim
I am the Forum Llama...Beware my cute and fuzzy exterior

#97 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 591

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:11 PM

View PostLunar Crush, on 01 June 2010 - 01:10 PM, said:

The only thing that's bugging me is in the Members page. Is there a way to move the Groups out from the advanced filters tab? I don't like having the whole filter thing drop down when I just want to look at a certain group(s). Otherwise it's fantastic!
:clap:

Not without some serious work that could jeopardize our ability to do easy upgrades in the future. frzndaqiri gets final say on this one, though.

View PostNeko_master_Luna, on 01 June 2010 - 01:22 PM, said:

I just wondered if I could earn some thing else, since I have no choice I will just have to deal with it.

Your rank is Sempai. Posts here don't count towards post count so you haven't gotten there yet (see my earlier post about promotions).
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft: IRT Assistant Department Head
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

I <3 People Who <3 IRT!Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

#98 User is offline   ninjaxllama 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17215

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:47 PM

Oh I was wondering why I went back down to newbie when i was considered a member before. Actually it even said member when i checked it first today and then like five mins later it changed.
[color="#9932CC"]
ACen 2011 cosplay: Kakashi and Hiro from Gravitation
ACen 2012 cosplay: Hotohori from Fushigi Yugi, Kakashi, Tseng from ff7
ACen 2013 cosplay: Professor Chaos from South Park, Raven from Teen Titans, and Scott Pilgrim
ACen 2014 cosplay: Butters from South Park Stick of Truth, Him from Powerpuff Girls, and Scott Pilgrim
I am the Forum Llama...Beware my cute and fuzzy exterior

#99 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:19 PM

I like'em! Very nice layout, easy to get used to, and just gosh darn pleasant to look at. Nice job, guys!

This post has been edited by sweetbeanpaste: 01 June 2010 - 10:40 PM

Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

#100 User is offline   Mock-Kappa 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3036
  • Location:A branch of the Miskatonic University in Sugar Grove, IL.

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:20 PM

I've been here since 2004, so how many more post do I need till I'm not listed as a Newbie.? :D
I don't walk to the beat of a different drummer, I have a whole band including bagpipes.
Undisputed King of the ACen Kaiju Fans. Eater of Spam.
General of the Men's Pocky Garrison
"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'. " -Dave Barry-
Santa is watching you.
Con outlook for 2014: Karoshi-con 2014, C2E2, ACen 2014, Anime Midwest 2014 (staff), G-Fest XXI, and Con Alt Delete?(staff)
ACen Cosplay outlook 14: Gummy The Alligator (MLP), End of Days Santa,Professor Birch (Pokemon), Woodney ( Black Cat).

#101 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 591

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:24 PM

View PostMock-Kappa, on 01 June 2010 - 03:20 PM, said:

I've been here since 2004, so how many more post do I need till I'm not listed as a Newbie.? :D

View PostTheRabbi, on 01 June 2010 - 01:10 PM, said:

Also, since everyone got sent back to 'Members', and it promotes you when your post count is above a certain number, though of you who have higher rankings may have to post a few times outside of Chit-Chat and Insanity before it settles on where you should be. (Each time you post it triggers one more of the promotions, but apparently the software isn't build to recognize when it should chain-promote.) Your title (what it says under your picture) will be where you stabilize eventually - unless you have a custom title or are ACen staff or forum staff of course.

Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft: IRT Assistant Department Head
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

I <3 People Who <3 IRT!Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

#102 User is offline   akiba64 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 19610

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:59 PM

Looks like my forum participation will be limited until I have the money to get a new computer. I^m on my phone right now, its more manly than the ol^ codger in my living room.
In the future, robots will play games for us.Member of the Cat-boy alliance =3My (outdated) Cosplay.com profileOblivious to dramaAcen '11 Cosplays:
Lord Ilpalazzo (Excel Saga) 0% Masq. Walk-on
Polygon Cloud (Final Fantasy VII) for the FF shoot

#103 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:12 PM

View PostMBluesummers, on 01 June 2010 - 12:34 AM, said:

I can find what you are talking about mysrlf, though I think in member search you can list names in order of posting number.

Also, i noticed my member title isn't attributed to my join date anymore....-le tear- I enjoyed feeling wise beyond my years on this forum.

I'm apparently a "lurker" lol
No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#104 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:54 PM

View Postfrzndaqiri, on 01 June 2010 - 01:15 PM, said:

Actually, gender wasn't there before. And it's not now. ;)

Well it was always there, you just had to click the person's name and it would bring a menu down that listed their gender as well as a couple of other options. Now its just right there.

As for titles, I'd really like to see a forum that does title personalities. Like you can only get lurker if you spend a lot of time on the forums, but rarely post.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#105 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:00 PM

My precious is back... My preeeeeciousssssssssssssss!

It's obvious that there has been a LOT of serious work put into this upgrade, and I think an outstanding job has been done here. To be honest, though, I liked the graphics and layout of the old one better. Then again, I'm just an old phart, and change doesn't come easily for us.

My observations so far; I seem to have lost my mod god abilities (as if I ever used them before,) and that Google Chrome glitch appears to have carried over.
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#106 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:22 PM

Flying Elf: Well, that's what I had meant. Gender wasn't standard in the constant list of items under a poster. ;)
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#107 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:37 PM

Why do the forums look like this in Google Chrome?

@Ska: One is lighter colored than the other.

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#108 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:12 PM

Just an issue with rendering between browsers. I'll take a look later. Unfortunately, none of the browsers properly goes by a code standard that matches, so that happens. ^^;
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.

#109 User is offline   Ashikana 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 5452

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:49 PM

I was gonna post a question about the group status, but Rabbi already answered it before I even got to ask.

mmm shiny and brightness. I like the shade of blue that it is.
ACen 2013
Nami:: One Piece
Lucy: Fairy Tail
Gaige:: Borderlands 2

#110 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:44 PM

Lina - I am unable to reproduce that issue on Chrome on my system. Since it seems to be perfectly sizing the forums wrong, but otherwise proportionally correct, it's possible there is some kind of add on or customization you're running that's causing the issue.

#111 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:47 PM

I am 100% sure that's not it because I just got Windows 7 last Monday, so I've had to redo everything. I never downloaded an add on or made any kind of customization when I downloaded Chrome. It was perfectly normal this morning, but it went all weird when I got back from work earlier this evening.
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#112 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 28689

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:16 PM

Oh great, those would be the 2 most used forums I am on. Grrr, grrr, just kidding. Well, about the grr, not chit chat and insanity tough. (sigh) It'll just take me longer I guess.
Currently writing a book.

#113 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:19 PM

Well Insanity has always been the spam forum. I mean just look at how many forum games that just induce stupid posts that are on there. Chit Chat less so, but they deem it spam enough I suppose. Regardless, its been that way for a few years now I would say. I remember the debate when they first switched it over to be like this and why they did it. Because a bunch of idiots were creating threads purely to spam post counts so that they could get high enough rank to have an avatar.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#114 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:23 PM

I think it hurts my eyes. It feels... cluttered.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#115 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 28689

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:00 AM

Ok, now I am confused, I got my group bumped up to ace, but I have seen people with the title ace. How does one get vice versa on those. I think I'd like that as a title.
Currently writing a book.

#116 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:04 AM

hmmm...bigfoot?
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#117 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:18 AM

Lina - Your interface doesn't match the out of the box, so something seems customized. Are you seeing the issue on any other browser? Unfortunately, since I can't reproduce the issue, it's hard to know what's wrong. If a few more people have the same thing I might be able to correlate a factor.

#118 User is offline   Rini 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17020

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:05 PM

O____O

This is the first time I've actually been able to pull it up on my computer...but so far it's pretty nice.

z.z the white kinda blinds me at the moment though.
<(^_^)> Rewr :3

#119 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:29 PM

Ick. I must say i'm not a fan of the new layout. The white really blurs everything together. And it looks way to business like. Definitely not my thing.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#120 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:31 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 02 June 2010 - 02:29 PM, said:

Ick. I must say i'm not a fan of the new layout. The white really blurs everything together. And it looks way to business like. Definitely not my thing.

Maybe they can make it a light light blue instead of the white. I dont mind the white at all because I use my computer in a well lit area lol
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users