• This topic is locked

Huh, Never Seen That Before. Giving credit to the unorphadox cosplays

#31 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:24 PM

As a person who has attended ACen from its humble beginning, I have never..EVER seen a Mystery Science Theater 3000 cosplay. I am the first to do this! I cant wait to go as Joel and Mike Nelson. Im also excited at showing off Tom Servo also! My only regret is not having Crow T. Robot. He'll be at ACen next year though. Im psyched about it!
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#32 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:42 PM

View PostWar_Kitten, on 28 April 2011 - 01:21 PM, said:

Tooting my own horn here: my friends and I did crossplay One Piece, I was a female Luffy with a cutoff denim skirt, my one friend was Zoro and the other Nami (shorts, no skirt).

That's..actually quite common to see.

Fujoshi: Even if /cgl/ is a place for people to whine, complain, and be mean.. it IS a useful place to see opinions they won't dare post to anyone's face or board.. the tutorial threads are also pretty helpful.

I have never seen anyone cosplay Aster from Maze the Megaburst Space.. I would LOVE to see one.

#33 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:52 PM

I don't remember anything from last ACen, but I remember the first time I saw a BoF cosplayer it made me so happy. I know so many people who have no idea what it is, so it was nice to see someone decided to show the series some love. Also, while some characters have been overdone to the point that you don't even pay attention anymore, I love seeing the alternate outfits from artbooks or the show/manga that people don't seem to do.

I haven't seen this in America, but I need some Aquarion cosplay. Chances are, I'll just cosplay from the series myself instead of waiting for pics to pop up somewhere.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#34 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:24 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 29 April 2011 - 08:42 PM, said:

Fujoshi: Even if /cgl/ is a place for people to whine, complain, and be mean.. it IS a useful place to see opinions they won't dare post to anyone's face or board.. the tutorial threads are also pretty helpful.

If you see Otaku that's me. I mostly lurk on random parts and look at tutorial hints/what not/get what I can with a grain of salt. I really ignore the whole 'complaining,' threads.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#35 User is offline   A True Elsewhere 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 17804

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:53 PM

Every cosplay I've done minus Mamimi (it was my first and I was wearing stuff I already had, so it didn't count!) has been somewhat .... well, if not obscure, most people never recognized me.

As Mithos, I was constantly confused with Colette, but one vendor offered me a hug. He told me he'd always wanted to see a Mithos but never had until then.

And when I was Akari-chan, most people didn't know the anime about the gondola girls. That was a really cool cosplay; I hope to bring it back sometime.

This year I expect to be mistaken for a pantsless Near. :D
ACen '07 Cosplay: Mamimi from FLCL
ACen '08 Cosplay: Akari-chan from Aria the Animation
ACen '09 Cosplay: Mithos from Tales of Symphonia
ACen '10 Cosplay: Shinooka from Oofuri/Big Windup!
ACen '11 Cosplay: Ayase from No Money (Okane ga nai!)
ACen '11 Cosplay: Adele from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2
ACen '12 Cosplay: TinTin from 'The Adventures of TinTin'
ACen '13 Cosplay: Hibari from Senran Kagura

#36 User is offline   AKADave89 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 52398

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:27 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 29 April 2011 - 03:29 PM, said:

Time mage from FF Tactics. Actually seen another Tactics character but don't know if that was Ramza or Aggy.

I was a Summoner from FF Tactics at ACen 2009...I love tactics ^_^
2015 cosplay plans
????

Do you like awesomeness? click here and you will be greeted by wonderful things.

#37 User is offline   Emrys 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9223

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

View Postexcel excel, on 29 April 2011 - 07:24 PM, said:

As a person who has attended ACen from its humble beginning, I have never..EVER seen a Mystery Science Theater 3000 cosplay. I am the first to do this! I cant wait to go as Joel and Mike Nelson. Im also excited at showing off Tom Servo also! My only regret is not having Crow T. Robot. He'll be at ACen next year though. Im psyched about it!

oooh! I hope I bump into you this year! I saw pics of you and your Tom Servo from C2E2 - so cool!!

Edit: Also much love for your icon. :D Yay Adventure Time!

This post has been edited by Emrys: 03 May 2011 - 11:47 AM

ACen 2013 plans:
Terra w/ FFVI group
Malory Archer w/ Archer group

(maybe)
Mabel Pines w/ Gravity Falls group
Fionna and Cake (regular and ballgown) w/ Ice Queen

#38 User is offline   delial 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59936

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:04 PM

View Postexcel excel, on 29 April 2011 - 07:24 PM, said:

I hope I see you!!! I love that show! XD

Also...youre cosplaying....CAKE!!!?? :w00t:

There WILL be cake!! <3 nom!!
Uso Mitai na I Love You

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users