• This topic is locked

Huh, Never Seen That Before. Giving credit to the unorphadox cosplays

#1 User is offline   Stkbayfield 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29662

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:05 PM

We're all only human. If we see a well done Belldandy or Dante, of course we'll shower them with praise and love and attention, but what about people who took the bold and exciting risk of dressing up as a perfectly done Bugenhagen cosplay. Sure the people who recognize them would be all over it, but how many people would truly recognize an NPC with such a small role, even one who's name a good number of people would recognize.

So this thread is for us posters to highlight any cosplays we saw at ACen 2010 that we've NEVER seen attempted before.

A good example is the Pixel Cloud that everyone loves. I felt insanely envious of that cosplayer the moment I saw them because it was such an INSPIRED idea and something I'd never seen attempted. I mean I've seen pixel Goldeneye and Halo cosplay, but Pixel Cloud? Holy crap! AWESOME!

Also saw a Salad Fingers, complete with Hubert Cumberdale finger puppet. That is extreme and much love to the person who pulled that off.

Did you guys see anything new?

#2 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17897

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:11 PM

well there was Sin and Adremelich and Zalera and Golbez

This post has been edited by Tiamat97: 27 May 2010 - 07:11 PM

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1107...mp;id=586119408
My internship

Belongs in Damn Thread, if found please return to Kii
Spam Squad Member spam kill count:29 , Troll Hunter troll kill count: 1

#3 User is offline   Stkbayfield 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 29662

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:18 PM

I suppose I should give a real tribute, rather than a vague one.

I am a big Lunar fan. Hence my Ronfar cosplay this year. The first year I went to ACen I was surprised to see Tempest and Fresca cosplayers, but for the most part it was the regular cast. Which is entirely understandable, given how relatively obscure the Lunar games are. So when I saw not only a Jessica but a Jean cosplayer this year, I was so impressed.

Click picture of the pair

So what I am trying to say is, to the two of you (and I've seen the Jessica about the forum), you two made the Lunar photoshoot a truly special experience for me. I am so impressed by both outfits and hope you had fun as the characters. You did amazing.

#4 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

At AWA one year, there was a box Barrett.
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#5 User is offline   shinitama 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57365

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:35 AM

I give huge props to the guy dressed as Wybie from Coraline. :D He had the mask and everything! It was awesome. :)
Acen cosplays:
Shinta/battousai Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen)
Finnian (Kuroshitsuji)
Poe Dealer (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)

Anime Iowa cosplays:

Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)
series Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin)
Rhode Kamelot (D. Gray-man)
Patti (Soul Eater)

#6 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 28689

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:08 AM

I am always happy to see venture Brothers cosplay. Not that I saw a lot of it this years, but still happy. I have yet to see a Brock or DR. Orpheus though. My 2 favorites.
Currently writing a book.

#7 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:38 AM

A friend of mine rocked a pretty kickass Alphonse (fma). She only wore it for a few hours on Saturday, so it didn't get much attention. (aside from those few hours)
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

#8 User is offline   Lady_Aeris 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 49299

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:25 AM

ok i will put mine out there because there are not many Fire Emblem cosplayers out there besides ur normal Ike, Marth and Roy. But the few (less than 50) people that knew what my cosplay was on Saturday FREAKED! they were so happy to see it. i looked for months before the con for pics of other cosplayers in the same outfit and found only 3 or 4 of them. i think what made my day saturday was when a VENDOR who was waiting on a customer in the dealers room stopped me and gave me props for doing it so well and saying that the character should have been a more prominent character instead of just an awesome fighter in the game.

the cosplay was Nailah from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
My Cosplay Page
My dA
ACen 2011 Schedule (subject to change)
Fri-Brier Rose---Disney's Sleeping Beauty---After 5pm Suicune--pokemon hoodie group
Sat-Princess Earth---Sailor Moon
Sun-Tonks ----harry potter
Sorry Guys LULU got bumped to next year my best friend cant be my Yuna and it wouldnt feel right doing lulu without her as my Yuna

#9 User is offline   Mystline 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 35204

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:20 AM

I saw a few Aliens on Saturday evening. They were sooo cute. <3

#10 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:44 AM

View Postshinitama, on 01 June 2010 - 11:35 AM, said:

I give huge props to the guy dressed as Wybie from Coraline. :D He had the mask and everything! It was awesome. :)

There was also the Other Mother walking around too. I was in an elevator with her...it was soo creepy! She had the button eyes!
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#11 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:10 AM

We've seen plenty of Sora cosplays, but have you ever seen one like this?

This post has been edited by KirbyFanOne: 21 July 2010 - 10:12 AM

Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#12 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:21 AM

View PostKirbyFanOne, on 21 July 2010 - 10:10 AM, said:

That is..um.. interesting to say the least.
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#13 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:24 PM

It's certainly budget friendly
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

#14 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:48 AM

Saw Zalera in the dealer's room, and HOLYCRAP AWESOME. Nice to see something different, something creative, something... not Naruto or Cloudiroth, for a change.

I saw a verypregnant woman cosplaying as Chansey (aww! :3), a whole group-cast of multi-gen Team Rocket grunts (incl. Butch/Cassidy!), someone dressed as their Trainer-friend's Pikachu, but I'm pretty sure I was the only Caterpie to totally defeat Team Rocket at the con this past year (con need moar cadderpee wuv gaiz! oar some buttowfweez ; A;). I /think/ I mighta seen a Scyther wandering the dealer's room, but I didn't catch a good view from the distance..

There was an /amazing/ Dark Link, and an amazing Fierce Deity Link, just after the Pokeshoot ended in the tree pach (Fierce Deity Link and Dark/Shadow Link); I've seen my fair share of Link, but never these guys. Also, might i mention: the Cardboard Box Gundam! Not the cerealbox transformer-type guys... the guy who literally wore a cardboard box labeled: GUNDAM ! He was pretty awesome. :D

Aaand is late, brain dead, so.... iunno if there were more xD;
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#15 User is offline   fntmalchemist 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 18695

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:48 AM

well, you can always see a the same characters every year, but only every so often do you see them done well. such as the mascot-esque Bowser that was walking around Saturday.
PRELIMINARY SLOTS:
soon to be producing Digimon Tag/ Crest Repros. Need a head count of anyone who may be interested.

Permanents:
-Sniper(TF2 BLU)
projects:
(I'll get back to you when I've started.....) -Greed "ultimate shield" (FMA) -Wargreymon (Digimon)
SNIPAH!

#16 User is offline   Yumei 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17438

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:40 PM

THATS'S ME!!! :lol:

I was doing card form Sora from Kingdom Hearts 2. When he fights Luxord or a gambler heartless somtimes he gets turned into a playing card. I've never seen a card form Sora so I decided to do it myself. I don't think many people outside of those who played the game got knew thats who I was....but it was fun to walk around as! ^_^ Glad people liked it!
Acen10cosplays:(Trinity Blood)Esther Blanchett,(Bleach)Nel resleased form,(KH2)Card form Sora,(Code Geass)Li Xingke,(FMA)Edward decoy
Acen11 Cosplays:FMA:Brotherhood-LanFan,Gravitation-Shuichi,Fruits Basket-Shigure,Avatar-Toph All cosplays are complete!:)
Next con: ACEN

#17 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:54 PM

I saw Ghost Nappa. It made me smile.
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#18 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:48 PM

View PostYumei, on 23 July 2010 - 12:40 PM, said:

THATS'S ME!!! :lol:

I was doing card form Sora from Kingdom Hearts 2. When he fights Luxord or a gambler heartless somtimes he gets turned into a playing card. I've never seen a card form Sora so I decided to do it myself. I don't think many people outside of those who played the game got knew thats who I was....but it was fun to walk around as! ^_^ Glad people liked it!

To tell the truth, I'm not sure wether to declare it more epic that you did that certain form or that its less epic now that it has been explained to me.

Viewers, what do you think?

#19 User is offline   iCassxX51 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 58680

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:40 PM

View Postfntmalchemist, on 22 July 2010 - 08:48 AM, said:

well, you can always see a the same characters every year, but only every so often do you see them done well. such as the mascot-esque Bowser that was walking around Saturday.

That was me ^^ Thanks for mentioning my cosplay...^_____^ Stupid costume is so hawt tho =_='''
ACEN 2011

Friday: Licker
Saturday: Bowser
Sunday: TBA!!

I was Bowser at ACen 2010, the mascot costume that was horribly hot ^^'

#20 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:58 PM

View PostStkbayfield, on 27 May 2010 - 07:18 PM, said:

I suppose I should give a real tribute, rather than a vague one.

I am a big Lunar fan. Hence my Ronfar cosplay this year. The first year I went to ACen I was surprised to see Tempest and Fresca cosplayers, but for the most part it was the regular cast. Which is entirely understandable, given how relatively obscure the Lunar games are. So when I saw not only a Jessica but a Jean cosplayer this year, I was so impressed.

Click picture of the pair

So what I am trying to say is, to the two of you (and I've seen the Jessica about the forum), you two made the Lunar photoshoot a truly special experience for me. I am so impressed by both outfits and hope you had fun as the characters. You did amazing.

The Jean is my friend Paula. She makes amazing cosplays. :3
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#21 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:37 PM

I was the first recording Dianna Soriel(Turn-A Gundam) cosplayer in America.

My picture can now be found on 4chan, talking about how fat and ugly I am, and how I'm an embarrassment to cosplay I am because of how bad my wig was.

It took me three months to make that wig. Shows where doing an obscure cosplay got me. If I had done something mainstream, I may have been lost in the crowd.

This post has been edited by Krystal: 01 September 2010 - 09:37 PM

Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#22 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

• Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 8636

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:58 PM

~pat pat~
4chan can be so crule
want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#23 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:05 PM

View PostKrystal, on 01 September 2010 - 09:37 PM, said:

My picture can now be found on 4chan, talking about how fat and ugly I am, and how I'm an embarrassment to cosplay I am because of how bad my wig was.

I've been called a F****t for being a cosplayer. But this just seems awfully crappy and I'm sorry you had to endure that embarrasment.

#24 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:33 PM

It took me three months to make that wig. Shows where doing an obscure cosplay got me. If I had done something mainstream, I may have been lost in the crowd.

Alot of those people are just immature kids that have nothing else to do but bash whatever they see. Don't even worry about it. I'm sure I'm on there somewhere, but I don't go looking for it because I don't want to know or see it. I'm happy with who I am and if some idiots who don't even know me want to bash me for my looks or whatever, then f them. From what I've seen your a great person Krystal, and don't let some dumb@ss kids get you down. I've done some non mainstream cosplay and usually only a handful of people know who I am (Gintama/Majin Tantie Nougami Neuro cosplays) and I get positive feedback so don't let one bad experience keep you from doing what you love. We're here for ya! :wub:
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#25 User is offline   Saturn's Pheonix 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58548

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:44 AM

A couple years ago I dressed as the trailer version of Roxas from Kingdom Hearts and only a small number of people recognized it who remembered the special scene it was from. Other people thought it was a random Organization member, but it was solid the trailer Roxas. I wore it the entire weekend that year too and since than I have not seen anyone else do it.
ACEN 2010-Inuyasha- progress 100% time taken 3 years
ACEN 2011-Sailor Saturn- progress 95% time taken 3 years

#26 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:00 AM

I look for unusual cosplay costumes at cons. Tend to ignore the popular series. Ones that come to mind that I've seen...

* Lime from Saber Marionette J (at AWA 2009)
* the leads from To-Love-Ru (ACen 2010)
* Mint from Threads of Fate (ACen 09 or 010)
* Yangus from DQ8 (ACen 09)

#27 User is offline   War_Kitten 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59818

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:21 PM

Tooting my own horn here: my friends and I did crossplay One Piece, I was a female Luffy with a cutoff denim skirt, my one friend was Zoro and the other Nami (shorts, no skirt).
Cosplays for ACEN 2012:

Friday: Zombie
Saturday Hunter (Left 4 Dead)

#28 User is offline   TENIME_art 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 18626

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:11 AM

Pic?

#29 User is offline   Hooked On Chibis! 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59032

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:28 AM

I've always secretly loved the funeral dress in the opening credits of FFXII, but since it's on-screen for literally three seconds of the entire game, I worry that it would be too obscure/fleeting to put the work into. (It's a BEAUTIFUL dress, though.)

What do you guys think, is there truly nothing too obscure? Or is that one actually toeing the line?
Hooked on Chibis!
Handmade adorableness ~~ custom dolls
http://hookedonchibis.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/hookedonchibis

#30 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:29 PM

Time mage from FF Tactics. Actually seen another Tactics character but don't know if that was Ramza or Aggy.

Seriously Krystal? This is why I hate /cgl/ it's full of idiots. I don't partake in the trolling but I do point out what people need to improve (don't buy a walmart dress, buy the right shoes, etc.) and how people should stop complaining (well I didn't say complaining,) how there is too much KH/Vocaloid/Hetalia and they are dubbed 'all hambeasts,' just because they can't stash pictures of their own fantasy anime/manga/video game series so they go into ragequit and sexual tension issues. And they APPARENTLY can't find said series looking good, which is total crap.

*sighs* sorry just I lurk on /cgl/ and I seen how dumb threads can be. One thread was about women's bodies of all things and I had to argue with an anon about said women's body that I was 100% right on. They was like 'no that's impossible' and another anon had to show how dumb they was with WIKI proof of all things.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users