I Need Some Anime To Watch!

#31 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:34 PM

ah! my goddess
(the manga is amazing, but the art starts hideous, then becomes gorgeous. if you're watching the anime, STOP after season 1 unless you plan to turn your brain completely off.)
nodame cantabile.

^definitely both of these.

also, you might want to check out
welcome to the nhk and yojou-han shinwa taikei.

Those Obnoxious Aliens

are you using the english translation of urusei yatsura? and why...?

This post has been edited by Keiichi-chan: 15 June 2010 - 09:38 PM

#32 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:54 PM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 15 June 2010 - 09:34 PM, said:

ah! my goddess
(the manga is amazing, but the art starts hideous, then becomes gorgeous. if you're watching the anime, STOP after season 1 unless you plan to turn your brain completely off.)
nodame cantabile.

^definitely both of these.

also, you might want to check out
welcome to the nhk and yojou-han shinwa taikei.

are you using the english translation of urusei yatsura? and why...?

I tend to, if I talk about it, just use the English name. There's nothing really wrong with that, that being using the English name(the reason why, yea there is something wrong with that), seeing as I know both. As for why, people criticize me, because apparently it's not manly to watch anime.

Edit for clarity: I know it wasn't me who said it in this post, but I use the English name too lol.

This post has been edited by Ranko: 15 June 2010 - 10:58 PM

facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#33 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 29826

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:12 PM

steel angel karumi (i even own vol 5... which is just 4 OVAs that have nothing to do with jack) but this is just purely fanservice and funnies worth your time for sure

blue gender no love no romance just blood guts and gore im sorry i love it and the monsters weak spots remind me of some female anatomy... there are romance undertones and such but its mainly about baddies taking over and survival.

rune solider louie, fan service but its got your little love story like qualities and your idiot male that fails its good for a laugh i liked it still do, its like slayers but with an idiot male lead and not as good of a story.

bubblegum crisis tokyo 2040 - you cant help but love this one once you see it

paranoia agent - i still dont get thsi series and ive seen it many times
the one the only princess neon plaid mix'n'match confusion of colour

#34 User is offline   Matt 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1225

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:33 AM

Would anyone here recommend The Sky Crawlers? I watched it recently, and it was interesting but not very exciting. Despite what you might think, the aerial battles are not really a focal point, and not very numerous. I thought that the filmmakers should have
Spoiler
. Also, I wish we would have known more about the female supervisor's ex-boyfriend, even though that plot point was supposed to be mysterious.
:heart: <span style='color:Magenta'>Proud Secretary of the Plushy Guardian Alliance</span> :heart:

:heart: <span style='color:Blue'>Soldier in The Glomp Team </span> :heart:

<span style='color:DarkSlateBlue'>Member of the Anime Central Association for the Advancement of Bunnykind</span>

#35 User is offline   jsieczkar 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 17116

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:26 PM

View PostMatt, on 17 June 2010 - 09:33 AM, said:

Would anyone here recommend The Sky Crawlers? I watched it recently, and it was interesting but not very exciting. Despite what you might think, the aerial battles are not really a focal point, and not very numerous. I thought that the filmmakers should have
Spoiler
. Also, I wish we would have known more about the female supervisor's ex-boyfriend, even though that plot point was supposed to be mysterious.

You have to remember that the whole movie is a commentary on the state of the the anime industry. The reason that the characters lack any depth is that they are not supposed to have any. Her ex is the same as the current one, one leaves another one replaces it, never changing just the same people over and over again.

The plot of the movie is that the same generic characters with no real depth are rolled out for the masses to consume mindlessly. They die and are replaced by the same people and the cycle continues.
2008-2009 IRT - Callsign JR
2010 IRT Dispatch - Callsign JR
2011-Present Industry Relations Manager

#36 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:33 AM

View PostZomgBlue, on 15 June 2010 - 11:12 PM, said:

steel angel karumi (i even own vol 5... which is just 4 OVAs that have nothing to do with jack) but this is just purely fanservice and funnies worth your time for sure

blue gender no love no romance just blood guts and gore im sorry i love it and the monsters weak spots remind me of some female anatomy... there are romance undertones and such but its mainly about baddies taking over and survival.

rune solider louie, fan service but its got your little love story like qualities and your idiot male that fails its good for a laugh i liked it still do, its like slayers but with an idiot male lead and not as good of a story.

bubblegum crisis tokyo 2040 - you cant help but love this one once you see it

paranoia agent - i still dont get thsi series and ive seen it many times

I second these!
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#37 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:11 PM

Ghost in the Shell, always good :) Especially if you like deep philosophical things... :D
Blue Drop is good, but IDK if you like Yuri.
Try these too:
Natsume Yuujinchou/Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou
Rosario Vampire
Beck Mongolian Chop Squad
Great Teacher Onizuka
Appleseed
Ghost Slayers Ayashi
Tales series OVAs like Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Symphonia...etc
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#38 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 19 June 2010 - 11:12 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 19 June 2010 - 12:11 PM, said:

Blue Drop is good, but IDK if you like Yuri.

I like everything :D

This thread is currently full of win with all of the suggestions.
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users