Anime Central Forums: Arakawa Under The Bridge - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Arakawa Under The Bridge

#1 User is offline   Ranko 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 54494
  • Posts: 240
  • Joined: 19-April 10
  • Location:Alliance, Oh

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:28 PM

Has anyone seen any of these series, or at least what is released of it? One of my friends keeps telling me to check it out since I only watcher "old anime" as he calls it. Another question while on the subject, anyone know so newer series' that are worth watching? I have kind of run out of my "old anime".
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344


This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#2 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

  • 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Posts: 2,890
  • Joined: 07-February 06
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:35 PM

Angel Beats is a good watch if you haven't seen it yet.

Since I like mahjong, I've started watching Legendary Gambler Tetsuya & Mahjong Legend Akagi. The only place I've found to watch them so far is on youtube.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#3 User is offline   SupremeKai 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 58
  • Posts: 629
  • Joined: 10-April 03
  • Location:Underneath Midway

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:37 PM

Agree about Angel Beats its really good, just got the soundtrack from Girls Dead Monster, i can only image the cosplay with all the weapons they carry
If you ever get lost in the forest, screw it build a house, now you have severely improved your predictimet

#4 User is offline   FlyingElf 

  • Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447
  • Posts: 3,884
  • Joined: 19-May 03
  • Location:Utica, MI

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:38 PM

View PostRanko, on May 23 2010, 08:28 PM, said:

Has anyone seen any of these series, or at least what is released of it? One of my friends keeps telling me to check it out since I only watcher "old anime" as he calls it. Another question while on the subject, anyone know so newer series' that are worth watching? I have kind of run out of my "old anime".


Yeah, its like they stopped making old anime...wtf?

Though seriously, what are some genres you like or stuff you're looking for? I could name a lot of great series in the last 10 years. Or some of your favorite older anime, and I could suggest something similar.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#5 User is offline   Ranko 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 54494
  • Posts: 240
  • Joined: 19-April 10
  • Location:Alliance, Oh

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:03 PM

Well my favorite series is Ranma 1/2, and I like pretty much everything from Rumiko Takahashi.

I am just an avid lover of anime or all types, believe me if it's interesting, I'll like it.
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344


This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#6 User is offline   FlyingElf 

  • Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447
  • Posts: 3,884
  • Joined: 19-May 03
  • Location:Utica, MI

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:39 PM

Well if we are talking the must see of the last 5 years or so, Gurren Lagann and FMA Brotherhood are the first series that comes to mind.

Akagi is great if you like stuff where the main character out thinks all his opponents. Kaiji is also great in the same vein.

As far as movies go, Girl Who Leapt Through Time is definitely worth a look.

Not really a fan of Takahashi myself, so I don't know exactly how much your tastes will match mine, but I also tried to list some things that I knew not everyone would list as well. They're all great though.

As far as Angel Beats is concerned, I'm very much enjoying it right now. I would say if you're not caught up on recent anime though, you can likely skip it for now. There are other things to watch and as its not finished yet, the verdict is still out on it. I also have a feeling that it may be forgotten a year from now.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#7 User is offline   Ranko 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 54494
  • Posts: 240
  • Joined: 19-April 10
  • Location:Alliance, Oh

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:38 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on May 23 2010, 10:39 PM, said:

Well if we are talking the must see of the last 5 years or so, Gurren Lagann and FMA Brotherhood are the first series that comes to mind.

Akagi is great if you like stuff where the main character out thinks all his opponents. Kaiji is also great in the same vein.

As far as movies go, Girl Who Leapt Through Time is definitely worth a look.

Not really a fan of Takahashi myself, so I don't know exactly how much your tastes will match mine, but I also tried to list some things that I knew not everyone would list as well. They're all great though.

As far as Angel Beats is concerned, I'm very much enjoying it right now. I would say if you're not caught up on recent anime though, you can likely skip it for now. There are other things to watch and as its not finished yet, the verdict is still out on it. I also have a feeling that it may be forgotten a year from now.

Like I said, I pretty much like everything, so I'm sure I'll like the things you've suggested. Takahashi just happens to have written my favorite series, XD.

As for Gurren Lagann, I have seen that one, three times in fact, I enjoyed it so much.

as an edit, I found the first episode of Arakawa Under the Bridge, and watched it. Although I enjoyed it.. I am very much confused lol.

This post has been edited by Ranko: 23 May 2010 - 11:40 PM

facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344


This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#8 User is offline   FlyingElf 

  • Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447
  • Posts: 3,884
  • Joined: 19-May 03
  • Location:Utica, MI

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:54 AM

Going back to the original subject, I DLed the series on a whim to check it out and I am enjoying it so far. I mean its a fairly typical storyline where they take a character and place him completely out of his element and by the end of it, he will likely learn something about himself and about life, but the execution on it has been amusing so far for the most part. The main characters have at least been interesting. The supporting cast is largely annoying, but theres a couple decent ones in there. Right now they feel like they're more of a hindrance to the story overall though. Maybe thats just because I'm much more curious as to how the 2 main characters will develop.

Anyway, I'm 3 episodes in only, but I figured I'd post my notes on it since it appears no one else has really seen this.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#9 User is offline   Ranko 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 54494
  • Posts: 240
  • Joined: 19-April 10
  • Location:Alliance, Oh

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:59 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on May 27 2010, 07:54 AM, said:

Going back to the original subject, I DLed the series on a whim to check it out and I am enjoying it so far. I mean its a fairly typical storyline where they take a character and place him completely out of his element and by the end of it, he will likely learn something about himself and about life, but the execution on it has been amusing so far for the most part. The main characters have at least been interesting. The supporting cast is largely annoying, but theres a couple decent ones in there. Right now they feel like they're more of a hindrance to the story overall though. Maybe thats just because I'm much more curious as to how the 2 main characters will develop.

Anyway, I'm 3 episodes in only, but I figured I'd post my notes on it since it appears no one else has really seen this.

I think Sister is a pretty funny character, I have even contemplated cosplaying as him, being that I'm a tall guy, and he seems to be a taller than everyone.
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344


This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#10 User is offline   FlyingElf 

  • Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447
  • Posts: 3,884
  • Joined: 19-May 03
  • Location:Utica, MI

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:28 AM

View PostRanko, on May 28 2010, 12:59 AM, said:

I think Sister is a pretty funny character, I have even contemplated cosplaying as him, being that I'm a tall guy, and he seems to be a taller than everyone.


Yeah, Sister was like my one exception and why I didn't say all the supporting characters were an annoyance.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#11 User is offline   Ranko 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 54494
  • Posts: 240
  • Joined: 19-April 10
  • Location:Alliance, Oh

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:11 PM

Just throwing this out there.. the latest episode.. was awesome... well.. the latest subbed episode.
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344


This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#12 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

  • 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Posts: 2,890
  • Joined: 07-February 06
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:07 PM

So far I've watched the first episode & enjoyed it. I'll probably be watching more over the next few days when I'm not busy packing.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#13 User is offline   Ishoku Osero 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8641
  • Posts: 155
  • Joined: 28-November 06

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:15 AM

I really can't handle much of anything SHAFT animates anymore, since I attempted to get through Bakemonogatari and failed at it (well, then again, it's not like they've even finished that yet anyways... nearly three seasons later, so maybe it's for the best ). I hate their animation style, and was only able to watch the third season of Hidamari Sketch because they kept with the same rhythm they had before. So I haven't even attempted Arakawa.

That being said, I can try and recommend other shows for you. I like a wide variety of things, so I could give you a whole bunch of different suggestions and see if you like any of them, if you wouldn't mind?

This post has been edited by Ishoku Osero: 08 June 2010 - 07:15 AM


#14 User is offline   Ranko 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 54494
  • Posts: 240
  • Joined: 19-April 10
  • Location:Alliance, Oh

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:25 PM

go for it, always open for suggestions.
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344


This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#15 User is offline   Mr. Turnabout 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 19057
  • Posts: 545
  • Joined: 12-July 08
  • Location:ALT. Universe

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:39 PM

Currently, there are 9 episodes subbed. I'm loving it so far, with Hoshi being my favorite. I think the artwork is different and the symbolism behind it is very well placed.
Name is Jadwin. No. It's not fake. Seriously.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users