Anime Central Forums: Angel Beats! 2011 - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Angel Beats! 2011 Ready to join the fight for the afterlife?

#1 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 23 May 2010 - 01:30 PM

Alright, looking forward to Acen 2011, I have decided to do a character from the current anime Angel Beats!. I plan to be doing Noda from the series ( Because he has a signature weapon ), and decided to post a topic for a gathering if more people decide they too want to join in on it. Its a current running series so I don't expect a lot of people to be cosplaying it but I think its a great anime by Key ( they have yet to let me down ), and decided I wanted to do a cosplay from it~!

Day: Saturday
Time: 1:30 - 2 pm

The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#2 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:08 PM

I was actually thinking of cosplaying Iwasawa or Yui for 2010, but didn't have time to sew. If I manage to keep up with guitar lessons (I've managed to learn 3 chords so far) I'll cosplay either Iwasawa, Yui, or Hisako. Probably Hisako since she does lead guitar, plays majong, & doesn't do vocals :lol:

Yes, I'm shy when it comes to singing.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#3 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:18 PM

Guitar is fun to play, I am so rusty since I haven't played in a long while...

I love Mahjong, so much fun to play! I spent my time between classes in college learning to play mahjong in the break room.

Doing Noda I am going to have fun making the Halberd, I am thinking of using colored foam for it. It has purple on it! I love purple~ <3
The Oni of Taiyaki

#4 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:23 PM

View PostTaiyakiZero, on May 23 2010, 07:18 PM, said:

Guitar is fun to play, I am so rusty since I haven't played in a long while...

I love Mahjong, so much fun to play! I spent my time between classes in college learning to play mahjong in the break room.

Doing Noda I am going to have fun making the Halberd, I am thinking of using colored foam for it. It has purple on it! I love purple~ <3

Let me look around. I have TC's scythe tutorial bookmarked somewhere. You can alter it to make the halberd.

As for mahjong... I just bought myself a majong set on E-bay :thumbup: Hopefully you can make it to my party after I move into my new house. Don't have a date set for the party yet.

*EDIT* Found the tutorial HERE

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#5 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:31 PM

View PostKitsu-chan, on May 23 2010, 07:23 PM, said:

Let me look around. I have TC's scythe tutorial bookmarked somewhere. You can alter it to make the halberd.

As for mahjong... I just bought myself a majong set on E-bay :thumbup: Hopefully you can make it to my party after I move into my new house. Don't have a date set for the party yet.

*EDIT* Found the tutorial HERE

You name the time and date and I will try and be there :D

Thanks for the tutorial, it was pretty much similar to what I had planned, my only gripe is that I won't be able to carry it around me except for photoshoots since it will be completely over the 4' rule... -sigh- If I had blacksmithing skills I'd make it out of metal >D But then I wouldn't be able to take it anywhere...curses.

I am hoping the closer we get to Acen next year the more people will decide to cosplay from Angel Beats!. I'd love to see a Kanade and a TK.
The Oni of Taiyaki

#6 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:46 PM

View PostTaiyakiZero, on May 23 2010, 07:31 PM, said:

You name the time and date and I will try and be there :D

Thanks for the tutorial, it was pretty much similar to what I had planned, my only gripe is that I won't be able to carry it around me except for photoshoots since it will be completely over the 4' rule... -sigh- If I had blacksmithing skills I'd make it out of metal >D But then I wouldn't be able to take it anywhere...curses.

I am hoping the closer we get to Acen next year the more people will decide to cosplay from Angel Beats!. I'd love to see a Kanade and a TK.

If you use one of those extendable handles for paint rollers, it'll be collapsable. You should be able to carry it that way.

#7 User is offline   Lena-chan 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 58472

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:54 PM

I'm planning on doing Kanade, but the cosplay will definitely be hard to make. I'm trying to make the whole cosplay this year so I'll probably be just starting with a piece of material... This will definitely take some time and work to make... :3
Anime Central 2010:Excalibur from Soul Eater(Friday), Yuiki Yaya from Shugo Chara(Saturday), Hinamori Amu from Shugo Chara(Sunday)
Plans for next ACen:Choice #1: Tegami Bachi, Choice #2: Ookami-san from Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi, Choice #3: Yui from Angel Beats
I made a lot of plans for other cosplay, but my budget was severely cut, so sorry to those whom I told I will be there cosplaying from the anime, and I might not actually get to do that cosplay.

#8 User is offline   Lena-chan 

• Pip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:40 AM

I my friend will be able to come to ACen next year. she will cosplay as Shiina, which will be her very first cosplay. I'm hoping to see a Yuri, Ooyama-kun, and Otonashi-kun there. And, of course, Hinata, too :) I'm so happy to know that there will be a Noda there. THANK YOU! HE IS AN AWESOME CHARACTER!!
Anime Central 2010:Excalibur from Soul Eater(Friday), Yuiki Yaya from Shugo Chara(Saturday), Hinamori Amu from Shugo Chara(Sunday)
Plans for next ACen:Choice #1: Tegami Bachi, Choice #2: Ookami-san from Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi, Choice #3: Yui from Angel Beats
I made a lot of plans for other cosplay, but my budget was severely cut, so sorry to those whom I told I will be there cosplaying from the anime, and I might not actually get to do that cosplay.

#9 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:14 PM

View PostLena-chan, on 09 June 2010 - 07:40 AM, said:

I my friend will be able to come to ACen next year. she will cosplay as Shiina, which will be her very first cosplay. I'm hoping to see a Yuri, Ooyama-kun, and Otonashi-kun there. And, of course, Hinata, too :) I'm so happy to know that there will be a Noda there. THANK YOU! HE IS AN AWESOME CHARACTER!!

I hope there's a Hinata. I've spent plenty of time practicing my wrestling holds :P

#10 User is offline   Lena-chan 

• Pip

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:55 PM

My sister will most likely cosplay someone from Angel Beats! too, but we're not sure yet if she'll do Yui or Yuri. Her first choice was Yui but she says she doesn't want to sing, so we're still wondering about that. She's a really good singer though, but it would take some time to learn all of the songs. And about the guitar, she can't really play, just slowly learning on an acoustic, so I know the guitar playing is out. I really wish she would do Yui though. She would look so cute with that devil tail :3

#11 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:12 PM

View PostLena-chan, on 10 June 2010 - 02:55 PM, said:

My sister will most likely cosplay someone from Angel Beats! too, but we're not sure yet if she'll do Yui or Yuri. Her first choice was Yui but she says she doesn't want to sing, so we're still wondering about that. She's a really good singer though, but it would take some time to learn all of the songs. And about the guitar, she can't really play, just slowly learning on an acoustic, so I know the guitar playing is out. I really wish she would do Yui though. She would look so cute with that devil tail :3

Just because she's cosplaying her doesn't mean she has to know how to play guitar or that she has to sing in public... I know how to play Guitar and I will probably NEVER do a cosplay of someone who plays it. Not to mention I dress up character from Touhou and they all shoot danmaku, but I'm not going to be shooting danmaku any time soon ( sadly )

This post has been edited by TaiyakiOni: 10 June 2010 - 03:12 PM

The Oni of Taiyaki

#12 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:08 PM

In my case, I actually did chose to cosplay Yui cause she plays guitar. I've had one sitting around for a few years & normally spent more time on my cosplays than practicing. So I'm using the cosplay as a reason to practice more.

I also plan to learn to play Kaza Nagi from XxxHolic Rou, since I'm cosplaying shopkeeper Watanuki.

This post has been edited by Kitsu-chan: 10 June 2010 - 09:11 PM

#13 User is offline   Lena-chan 

• Pip

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:39 AM

View PostTaiyakiOni, on 10 June 2010 - 03:12 PM, said:

Just because she's cosplaying her doesn't mean she has to know how to play guitar or that she has to sing in public... I know how to play Guitar and I will probably NEVER do a cosplay of someone who plays it. Not to mention I dress up character from Touhou and they all shoot danmaku, but I'm not going to be shooting danmaku any time soon ( sadly )

I know she doesn't have to learn to play the guitar or sing, she actually said the same thing. I just thing the best cosplays are when you feel and act like the character, and not just look like them. But, of course, if she wants to do Yui without playing guitar or singing, that's no problem. I was just thinking that since there is so little people cosplaying people from Angel Beats people will expect you to do a good cosplay, because there's always somebody who has like a REALLY good one.

#14 User is offline   Bananaface 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 46762

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:30 PM

I am considering on cosplaying as Ayota or Shiina, in fact I'm considering a lot of cosplay projects, >w<" but these look simple enough to make, so there's a chance I'll go for it.

This post has been edited by Bananaface: 11 June 2010 - 03:31 PM

ACen 2011 cosplay plans
Kagamine Len: ELR - 100%
Kagamine Len:Ame wo Tsureyuku - .5%
Heiwajima Shizuo: I :Heart/yeildsign: Izaya - 95%
La la la~ DISTRACTIONS
Is a proud member of the 413-ers of ACen 2010. Team Awesome Go!!

#15 User is offline   Desterion 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 57337

Posted 26 June 2010 - 01:25 PM

I've got the beginings of a guy group going. We've got 5 so far with a TK, Noda, Takamatsu, Matsuishida 5-dan and whatever we decide the last guy will be (Naoi, the sword guy or Hinata)
'13 cosplays- FF 1/Tactics- White Mage, Fate/Zero- Iskandar/Rider, Natsume Yuujuncho- Natsume, Little Busters [VN version]- Kengo Miyazawa

#16 User is offline   hellocutie <3 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 58581

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:43 PM

I will be cosplaying this anime next year! Super excited to be Kanade with my friend who's going as Yuri! I already found a wig online and hope to buy materials to sew soon! Glad there's a group started already! Can't wait to see everyone's work! ^^
Look at my ribbon! Say hello to me when you see me! <3

#17 User is offline   Lena-chan 

• Pip

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:05 AM

Great now we have 13 people! My sister finally decided and she's going to be Yuri, so for my group it will definately be Kanade, Yuri, and Shiina. So just to summarize things we have:
Noda x2
Yui x1
Kanade x1
Yuri x1
Shiina x1
TK x1
Takamatsu x1
Matsushita x1
And two people who still didnt make their final choice. I can't wait! I can't believe how many people are already going to cosplay from Angel Beats! and its barely been two months since last ACen. Or, actually, just a little over a month. And Angel Beats ended like one or two weeks ago. Cant wait to see who else will show up!

#18 User is offline   Lena-chan 

• Pip

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:29 PM

This whole time I wanted to be Kanade but all of a sudden I got the idea that I will switch to Yui, and yes, i hope this will be my fianl choice :). It doesnt really make a difference at the moment because I didn't even start working on my cosplay. I will definately start when I gte back from vacation, though.

#19 User is offline   Desterion 

• Pip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:37 AM

We got a Yuri for our group. We're only going to do it for 1 day, maybe 2. Fri or Sat depending on the day of the photoshoot and maybe Sunday. We'l all be doing bleach the other day. We managed to hit a goldmine at a thrift store last week and got most of the jackets for about 3 bucks a piece although they don't entirely match. Just gotta hope that we can import the patches or something when/if they start making them because they're going to be a pain to reproduce.
'13 cosplays- FF 1/Tactics- White Mage, Fate/Zero- Iskandar/Rider, Natsume Yuujuncho- Natsume, Little Busters [VN version]- Kengo Miyazawa

#20 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:06 AM

So since i just recently randomly got too much money for my own good, i am definitely going as Angel ;D

This post has been edited by -JUNK-: 12 October 2010 - 12:10 PM

ACen 15"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#21 User is offline   desu 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 23078

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

Yes we are -junk- xD
me and my boyfriend are planning on going as Angel beats characters
I'm going as Yuri nakamura
and my boyfriend (username Domofile) will only go as TK because he is too stubborn about his hair
and we may get more people to join in on the gathering
^__^

This post has been edited by desu: 26 September 2010 - 08:07 PM

Cosplays so far
Yuri Nakamura- Angel Beats 100%
Suiseiseki:100%
Gothic lolita mikuru:100%

Facebook
Deviant art

#22 User is offline   desu 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:37 PM

Just realized that there is gonna be another Yuri too ^__^ and another TK xD
Sweet!!
Cosplays so far

Facebook
Deviant art

#23 User is offline   Desterion 

• Pip

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:12 PM

Well our group for the con is steadily increasing and we're trying to get everyone to do an Angel beats. We're somewhere around 8-12 now. We've got 3 girls, only 2 want to cosplay so we think we're getting a yuri and a kanade. We've also got a guy wanting to crossplay Yui. We're going to designate 2 guys as hinata and otonashi because we have to have them and figure it out for the rest.

#24 User is offline   DomoFile 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 24635

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:18 PM

I'ma be cosplaying as TK :thumbup:
ACen 2014
Steampunk Airship Captain - 92.674953200001%

#25 User is offline   DomoFile 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 24635

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:00 AM

LETS DANCE!!!!! :happydance:
ACen 2014
Steampunk Airship Captain - 92.674953200001%

#26 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:53 PM

So were not too active on here >____> and throwing it out there
if we want a good sot for the shoot the opening day is comming.....
ACen 15"

#27 User is offline   desu 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:49 PM

View Post-JUNK-, on 14 December 2010 - 05:53 PM, said:

So were not too active on here >____> and throwing it out there
if we want a good sot for the shoot the opening day is comming.....

I agree with -JUNK-
we need to be a little more active,
Cosplays so far

Facebook
Deviant art

#28 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:01 PM

SO~! im not going to speak for everyone.

BUT we need to figure out where we want to be for the photoshoot, time, day, all that fun stuff :3
ACen 15"

#29 User is offline   animeotaku717 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 22655

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:55 AM

If it's not too late for another person to join in. I'd like to be able to ^_^ I'd be going as one of the three. Matsushita, fujimaki, or naoi. can someone please help decide the date and time? I vote for 1 or 2 pm to meet up on friday or saturday somewhere...
My AMV Studio: OtakuOutcomes
My Creator Name: AnimeOtaku717
2015 Cosplays:
New and Old

Thinking of what to do in the meantime... In love with anime since 1992.

#30 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:54 PM

Id prefer Friday to be honest since saturday i have a hpotoshoot most likley
and don't really want to juggle cosplays but if i have to i guess I will.
ACen 15"

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users