Anime Central Forums: Hey Boss Man I Cant Seem To Clock In... - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Hey Boss Man I Cant Seem To Clock In... orly?? thats cause...

#1 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 29826

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:58 PM

you are fired... bold and big is main part bold only is extra info

i had to 'open' today so i woke up at freaking 8am go in to the stupid crap hole that is where i worked.... EARLY at that... get my junk together then go to clock in and BOOOM 'card rejected' eh big deal it did that last night.
i go to the store managers office do teh swipe motion he tells me to sit, now see i always come in early, i always leave late when i have to because someone else didnt show up on time.

i have had only one person complain that i suck at my job and that was after i told her the service she wanted wont be able to give her the results she wants at this time due to teh fact that her dog is in the start of a coat blowing and we need to do it at the middle or end, she didnt like me so eff her. i have been at this place over a year i have people that request my services i even have a therapy dog that comes in just for me (thats like a coveted thing for someone to trust you with a therapy dog as service dogs are big deals).

now see we have to do these annoying solicitation calls and everyone at some point fakes a few calls i did that one week manager asked me about it i said yeah yeah i did those calls (she pointed to the top i said yeah those) shes like you being honest im like yeah that part i did, she then said she was going to call people to ask and im thinking are you kidding me im like look i did the top half i was so so busy wed i faked out the bottom here when i finish this dog ill redo it for you.

she told the store manager i faked paper work (uh yeah half it no big deal really she does it) and that i lied about it (no i answered to what she was asking about the tp and i told her right away when she asked about teh whole thing and then redid it before it was even truely due)

so today i get fired for that! i get fired because i fibbed up some annoying telemarketing style calls and i then got compared to a guy that stole over 3k from the registers for 5 months and THEN i was told i was falsifying important internal documents. it was the first time i ever did it and i was over stressed that nigth because i was teh only person closing the salon and i had to do everything along with finish off my request dog and 2 others. so really for me to get fired is bogus because a month ago they yelled at me saying im absent too much (i have an auto immune disorder so i sometimes get sick for weeks on end, and in march i had to take FMLA and the HR was well aware of this i also have tons of doctors notes about this) i knew something was up when an fmla was being used against me at a yearly review... so today i found out just how stupid and evil the place is.

best part i liked my job i was teh only person that wouldnt cancle just to cancle i would wait till i couldnt move and had to have help rolling over nearly dead to call in sick. but OMG am i pissed off.....

anyone need a dog groomer? oh and after i got fired the store manager asked if there was anything i needed... id ont know how i kept my mouth shut but some how by the grace of me i did. but then i puked while driving home so i kind wish i puked on his car.

This post has been edited by ZomgBlue: 20 May 2010 - 02:24 PM

the one the only princess neon plaid mix'n'match confusion of colour

#2 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:06 PM

I'm going to put the tl:dr version as she got fired because of crap.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#3 User is offline   bob-san 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 210

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

Oi! That's a load of crap! Your reason for being fired that is.

I had something like that happen to myself (All be it on a smaller scale compared to a dog grooming job, but a load of horse fling excuse none the less).

I use to work in the computer lab of the tech school I was at years ago. I was a student volunteer who probably worked more unpaid overtime there than most regular staffers did normal hours. I was recognized by students and usually asked for help before those who were actually on duty at the time. When I went to start a new semester, the new manager there said they wouldn't re-hie me for three reasons. Two were minor, true, but minor. The third that was total BS and truely got me cheesed off was when I was told I blew off someone asking for help and someone else on duty had to help them.

This was a total load of douchbaggery as the other person on duty at that supposed time knows this never happened.

Needless to say I decided not to try and fight that much asshattery and promptly left. I don't believe she lasted much longer as manager once I was gone.

So, I truely sympathize with your plight and, to partially qoute a great barbarian/king/thief/pirate/circus clown (I'm sure circus clown had to have been in there somewhere) once said to his god, now aimed at the morons who occupy upper management.

"And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"
Kanpai! Celebrate Otakudom! - My Anime Blog

Have you Glomped your No Face today? - He's Got Soap!

#4 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:26 PM

That sucks, sorry to hear. When I was fired from where I worked a few years ago, I wasn't warned or anything. I had one complaint from a customer when I had nothing to do with it whatsoever but I sucked it up and took the blame. After another complaint from an employee, I got fired the following week. The manager laughed while he was talking to me as if it was "fine with me" when I was upset but whatever. Crappy job anyways and because of that, I haven't had one since then so I screwed over my life.

What goes around comes around. From what I was told, he was let go from the workplace when I asked about him.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#5 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:27 PM

Oh yeah, I must offer my condolenses tho, really does suck. :(
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#6 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:30 PM

View Postbob-san, on May 20 2010, 03:16 PM, said:

Oi! That's a load of crap! Your reason for being fired that is.

So, I truely sympathize with your plight and, to partially qoute a great barbarian/king/thief/pirate/circus clown (I'm sure circus clown had to have been in there somewhere) once said to his god, now aimed at the morons who occupy upper management.

"And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"

oh and i called the corp office and i have never talked to anyone so stupid in my life, this is partly an ADA possible discrimination because at my review they said i was absent to much which when under ADA (and i am covered...) a slight leway for that. also an FMLA is NOT the same as being absent its like having to leave work unpaid (yes unpaid) so that you can focus on medical recovery its not any kind of luxury at all its worked in so you can have your job if you have to be for 12 weeks to care for a family member or yourself due to medical problems.

but comparing me to a theif well i will be damned... i have never stolen from that stupid company anything at any given time, well i did take that piece of tissue and blow my nose, but i think that falls under something else.

#7 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:33 PM

The thing is that where I worked was with a union and they did nothing so every check I got was crappy because they took from me and did nothing about me being fired.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#8 User is offline   bob-san 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:41 PM

View PostZomgBlue, on May 20 2010, 08:30 PM, said:

oh and i called the corp office and i have never talked to anyone so stupid in my life, this is partly an ADA possible discrimination because at my review they said i was absent to much which when under ADA (and i am covered...) a slight leway for that. also an FMLA is NOT the same as being absent its like having to leave work unpaid (yes unpaid) so that you can focus on medical recovery its not any kind of luxury at all its worked in so you can have your job if you have to be for 12 weeks to care for a family member or yourself due to medical problems.

but comparing me to a theif well i will be damned... i have never stolen from that stupid company anything at any given time, well i did take that piece of tissue and blow my nose, but i think that falls under something else.

A TISSUE? :eek: By the gods! NNNNOOOOO!!!!!! Call the Nose Police!

Well, it's probably ok as long as you put it back when you were done with it. :lol:

But I agree. Comparing missing work for medical reasons (under FMLA no less) to theivery is like comparing....well....one uncomparable thing to another uncomparable and, at the same time, insulting thing. Fortunately, my current employ is not as moronic as that. I place them on their own pedastal of moronity(?) parallel to that. Mine just refuses to get me an ergonomical chair after over 2 years of constant requests and then rejects my FMLA requests when my spine start doing funny things from sitting in front of a computer 8 hours a day and they decide that a chiropactor is not really a doctor. Plus they make skipping work an employmant hazard as too many missed days can also get you canned.

Fortunately, I found Excedrin Tension which are nice/fun/caffeine filled pills of sunshine and rainbow farts...that i'm currently enjoying right now as I type :P

So, the question now is, can you do anything legally to them to punish them for their asshattery?

#9 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:57 PM

View Postbob-san, on May 20 2010, 03:41 PM, said:

So, the question now is, can you do anything legally to them to punish them for their asshattery?

i can try to open an ADA case of discrimination which can be hard to prove i have requested that my termination be changed to something other than a firing so i can at least collect unemployment at this point (the woman on the phone was just so stupid) i can take business away from them. i can however not work at the same corp in this area as they are all run by the same dm GAR but the wage was not worth the pain...

i will miss dawson the request service dog, only thing i can do about him is tell his owner and do the work out of my home because i invested in the supplies... i know how to get the worst smell out of him with out using a signle scented shampoo at all. as he works in a hospital he cant have any scented shampoos. i was going to go on to grooming school but guess what cant now all the ones in IL suck! im going to have to talk to my vet to see where he says to go for vet tech training or if he can help me out and let me do summer work in teh boarding area.

#10 User is offline   bob-san 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:09 PM

View PostZomgBlue, on May 20 2010, 08:57 PM, said:

i can try to open an ADA case of discrimination which can be hard to prove i have requested that my termination be changed to something other than a firing so i can at least collect unemployment at this point (the woman on the phone was just so stupid) i can take business away from them. i can however not work at the same corp in this area as they are all run by the same dm GAR but the wage was not worth the pain...

i will miss dawson the request service dog, only thing i can do about him is tell his owner and do the work out of my home because i invested in the supplies... i know how to get the worst smell out of him with out using a signle scented shampoo at all. as he works in a hospital he cant have any scented shampoos. i was going to go on to grooming school but guess what cant now all the ones in IL suck! im going to have to talk to my vet to see where he says to go for vet tech training or if he can help me out and let me do summer work in teh boarding area.

Well, I suppose it may be for the best to flip the perverbial (and/or literal) bird at them and hope you can collected teh unemployment while hunting for more gainful things. I'd love to do that here, but we're all being let go in October and I wanna milk these buggers for all their worth (Mainly my 16 weeks of severance pay. Plus I need Labor Day weekend off to run my con. So better to suffer here for a few months than risk not getting it at a new job).

And who knows, if the vet works out well, experience could always help get a new job than full blown schooling only...hopefully :thumbup:

#11 User is offline   ImNewHere 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 18485

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:36 PM

I got fired from one job due to the boss giving my position to one of his friends that was out of work. Obviously they did not fight my unemployment, so I rode it out all the way. I then ended up with my current job which has decent pay.
For ACen 2012 pics go to http://www.scottyspot.com/acen2012.htm. If you want a full size pic PM me with an email address and tell me which one you would like.

I'm the Emperor of the Left Half of the Universe. I also have cool non-con pics here ---> http://voice0freason...t.com/gallery/?

I need a girlfriend.... No, really.

#12 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

You have to understand, the job market is flooded with applicants for anything. If they can fire someone just to hire someone at a lower rate, they'll look for any little reason. That is corporate America. It's a set of rules we must all play with.
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#13 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:52 PM

View PostSuigetsu, on May 20 2010, 06:41 PM, said:

You have to understand, the job market is flooded with applicants for anything. If they can fire someone just to hire someone at a lower rate, they'll look for any little reason. That is corporate America. It's a set of rules we must all play with.

it was partly because of my constant illness issue they knew of when i was hired they just didnt want to put up with it anymore i mean i kinda saw it coming but they also dont have anyone ready to take my place which was the odd part. if they are going to hire someone for less, thats good they found someone that legally can work for under minimum wage. wait wait no thats not possible. im still taking my request dogs with me.

also you have to understand when you fire someone covered by the ada you have to be pretty darned careful about how you fire them. i apply for unemployment this evening and i already opened a case on possible termination related to discrimination.

#14 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

View PostZomgBlue, on May 20 2010, 06:52 PM, said:

also you have to understand when you fire someone covered by the ada you have to be pretty darned careful about how you fire them. i apply for unemployment this evening and i already opened a case on possible termination related to discrimination.

Indeed. [D]o you have any witnesses or people that you can have vouch for you?

This post has been edited by Suigetsu: 20 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

#15 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:40 PM

View PostSuigetsu, on May 20 2010, 06:54 PM, said:

Indeed. [D]o you have any witnesses or people that you can have vouch for you?

yup, i do. i have 2 pople. both have been with the company over 5 years. i also have all documents my doctor had to give me to turn in to them... there is a thrid worker that knew of my medical issue but she wasnt there for when the thing happened. but she did question why even after i had been there longer than her i was always getting less hours than her and the loser shifts.

#16 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:56 PM

I remember when I quit my one job, the manager there was taking his time cashing out some hours he owed me. I had records and witnesses saying that he said he was a "vindictive man" when he learned that I would be leaving and his cash cow would be gone. He quickly cashed me out when he saw that I was building a case for getting 3X the pay from him.

#17 User is offline   fotaku07 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29213

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:25 PM

View PostZomgBlue, on May 20 2010, 03:57 PM, said:

im going to have to talk to my vet to see where he says to go for vet tech training or if he can help me out and let me do summer work in teh boarding area.

My sister just graduated from Joliet Junior college's vet tech program. I hear they're decent.

Sorry to hear about your job that really sucks. Hope you can get a better job somewhere.

Too bad I don't have a dog.. all I have is a fish...and I don't think fish like to be groomed otherwise I'd throw some work your way. :P

#18 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:32 PM

View Postfotaku07, on May 20 2010, 09:25 PM, said:

My sister just graduated from Joliet Junior college's vet tech program. I hear they're decent.

Sorry to hear about your job that really sucks. Hope you can get a better job somewhere.

Too bad I don't have a dog.. all I have is a fish...and I don't think fish like to be groomed otherwise I'd throw some work your way. :P

im out of district for jjc so it would cost me a lot but the school i am in district for doesnt offer a program... infact they pretty much suck. i should check my old school too... but AHHH so not wanting a school loan right now :(

#19 User is offline   ImNewHere 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:34 PM

I have the opposite problem. I just got transferred and have to move to Nashville TN, but am getting a raise of about 7500 in my base salary, and I'll still be able to get paid for overtime and triple for working holidays. Not that there is much overtime, but still, I think I can pull off another 3-5k per year over base salary. Getting fired from my last job has done big favors for me and my pay is already double what I made on that job, and now it's getting bumped again in mid June? EFF YEAH!
For ACen 2012 pics go to http://www.scottyspot.com/acen2012.htm. If you want a full size pic PM me with an email address and tell me which one you would like.

I'm the Emperor of the Left Half of the Universe. I also have cool non-con pics here ---> http://voice0freason...t.com/gallery/?

#20 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:48 PM

>.< *siiiiigh* Why is it that all the stupid people get promoted into positions of real authority? We have that too on the systems administrator side of my project. The guy can't do the job he was hired for, so they promoted him out. Now he has the power to make schedules (which he admitted he abused so he doesn't have to do shift work himself), and he gets to be the lead on the project for their side. What's pissing me off is that he's trying to exert influence on the DBA side (MY side), but we're not letting that one go. Fight that crap all the way.
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#21 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:17 PM

i just realized they didnt even give me a damned pink slip today... so now it looks like i quit and i cant get unemployment till i get the pink slip T_T i was so upset about it i bet they were just hoping for it... *smashes head*

#22 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:29 PM

>.< *pat pat pat* You'll get things worked out~ Just believe~
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#23 User is offline   ImNewHere 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:38 PM

Hopefully for you it will lead to better things like it did for me!

#24 User is offline   fotaku07 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 29213

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:45 PM

View PostZomgBlue, on May 20 2010, 09:32 PM, said:

im out of district for jjc so it would cost me a lot but the school i am in district for doesnt offer a program... infact they pretty much suck. i should check my old school too... but AHHH so not wanting a school loan right now :(

Since your school doesn't offer the vet tech program you could probably get in-district tuition at JJC if you really wanted. Their Chargeback/Coop agreement allows for that. :) Dunno if it applies to the vet tech program but hey.. it's worth a shot!

#25 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:48 PM

Hopefully you get that slip. Many companies lately have been finding reasons to lock ex-employees out of unemployment. Fight to the finish for this.

#26 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:57 PM

View PostZomgBlue, on May 20 2010, 09:32 PM, said:

Actually if the community college district you live in does not offer the program you want to take, you can go to a district that DOES and get what's called a chargeback. Basically, your district will pay the difference between the out-of-district tuition where you're going, and what it would cost for the same class in district at your home district. I did that when I was taking the Library Technical Assistant program a few years ago - I live in Triton's district and they don't offer LTA so I took the classes at Wright (which is actually closer to my house than Triton) and Triton paid the difference. Never mind that Wright's program sucked and I only took two classes... but the chargeback is something to consider if you want to go to JJC.

And I am REALLY sorry to hear about your job! That is beyond rotten and I hope karma kicks them in the behind. I'd say go online and file for unemployment - I was never handed a pink slip per se but I still filed for unemployment and got it after the rotten retail job I had let me go on a stupid technicality.
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#27 User is offline   manga1 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 53231

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:07 AM

Hay they cannot hold the family medical leave against you, but if you want to sue over it you will have to decide if you are better off without them or not, the eccon is rough but get up like your favorite anime hero and unleash your special attack and get back on the saddle, cut down whats in the way and make due with the cards you have.

hay do you think that all the reluctant heros of gundam wanted to fight, NO they took up their gundams and did what they had to do.

I know getting fired suck but you just have to keep working connections and looking even if in a small place, often times you start out in one area and end up happy in another area that you make a living at, I know many of my older friends where that is the case, and even many of my friends from highschool.

signed Jeremy Manga1 L

bs in buisness marketing from Indiana University.

#28 User is offline   bob-san 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:33 AM

View PostZomgBlue, on May 21 2010, 04:17 AM, said:

i just realized they didnt even give me a damned pink slip today... so now it looks like i quit and i cant get unemployment till i get the pink slip T_T i was so upset about it i bet they were just hoping for it... *smashes head*

*pat pat* S'ok. But, as everyone here has already said, fight this to the end.

Now, I know a guy that knows a guy..... ^_^

#29 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:52 PM

View Postmanga1, on May 21 2010, 01:07 AM, said:

Hay they cannot hold the family medical leave against you, but if you want to sue over it you will have to decide if you are better off without them or not, the eccon is rough but get up like your favorite anime hero and unleash your special attack and get back on the saddle, cut down whats in the way and make due with the cards you have.

yeah well you know that, i know that, and most other people with a general idea of how it works understand that.. i filed a report/compliant. i've also told all my friends about what they did and they know which store i worked at is NOT getting any more business from me nor will they from a few people i know of (aka my request dogs). my friends will shop at the same chain but just not that one, fine by me because the sales at another store screw over the store i worked at.

im taking my weekend to be a downer and all because i cant afford to sue them i can just afford to forget about them and get my unemployment and use my skills to go somewhere else and take my clients there or out of my home for the time being. sigh... its just so crappy, where is my resume i need to update that stuff.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users